Is it safe to use Febreeze Fabric Refresher on my dog?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

He smells and I hate giving him a bath. I just sprayed a bunch of Febreeze on him. He won't die will he?

#2 Posted by KiIIyou (27157 posts) -
He's not made of fabric ;p
#3 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
I swear I've seen this thread before. Also, bathe your damn dog.
#4 Posted by Setsa (8431 posts) -
No, it's not safe. There's a lot of chemicals in febreeze that can be quite dangerous to smaller animals if directly ingested.
#5 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
....I'm fairly sure it says specifically on it to keep it away from animals because it can make them sick. Plus what the **** are you doing spraying chemicals on his skin? You should have him taken away, you're a horrible pet owner. I just washed my pissy-ass cat yesterday who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. Give him a bath and stop being lazy and mistreating your dog. I suggest you give him that bath now before he starts getting extremely irritated skin or tries to lick it off himself or something and gets sick.
#6 Posted by thegerg (16242 posts) -
Maybe you should have gotten a goldfish instead. It will be fine, but take care of your animal. If it needs to be cleaned then clean it.
#7 Posted by spawnassasin (18699 posts) -

if your not willing to take actual care of your dog then you dont need a dog

#8 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

....I'm fairly sure it says specifically on it to keep it away from animals because it can make them sick. Plus what the **** are you doing spraying chemicals on his skin? You should have him taken away, you're a horrible pet owner. I just washed my pissy-ass cat yesterday who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. Give him a bath and stop being lazy and mistreating your dog. I suggest you give him that bath now before he starts getting extremely irritated skin or tries to lick it off himself or something and gets sick.XilePrincess

A good cat takes care of it's own hygene. By putting it in water you probbably gave it a heart attack.

You should have him taken away, you're a horrible pet owner.

#9 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

I swear I've seen this thread before. Also, bathe your damn dog.xaos

I was about to say this too. A déjà vu moment..

#10 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4146 posts) -

F***. Im about to do the same to my dog. He's ugly, stinky, annoying, and we didnt even buy him. My brother is stupid and decided to "watch him for a while" for a friend, and now hes ours. His nails are long, hes practically destroyed our backyard I cant even go out their without his jumping all over me, so maybe a febreez smelling dog will be more tolerable

#11 Posted by FortuneInLies (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]....I'm fairly sure it says specifically on it to keep it away from animals because it can make them sick. Plus what the **** are you doing spraying chemicals on his skin? You should have him taken away, you're a horrible pet owner. I just washed my pissy-ass cat yesterday who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. Give him a bath and stop being lazy and mistreating your dog. I suggest you give him that bath now before he starts getting extremely irritated skin or tries to lick it off himself or something and gets sick.

OK, no need to be so hostile. I don't think spraying some Febreeze on his dog makes him the scum of the earth.
#12 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]....I'm fairly sure it says specifically on it to keep it away from animals because it can make them sick. Plus what the **** are you doing spraying chemicals on his skin? You should have him taken away, you're a horrible pet owner. I just washed my pissy-ass cat yesterday who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. Give him a bath and stop being lazy and mistreating your dog. I suggest you give him that bath now before he starts getting extremely irritated skin or tries to lick it off himself or something and gets sick.Nibroc420

A good cat takes care of it's own hygene. By putting it in water you probbably gave it a heart attack.

:/ Putting a cat in water doesn't give it a heart attack. That's like saying putting a baby in water gives it a heart attack. I didn't throw him off a balcony into an ice cold pool, I set him in a bathtub full of warm water. I'm actually dumbfounded that you'd even say that, basic common sense would tell you that no, it will not give him a heart attack because it's not sudden whatsoever. He doesn't like baths, but then again most toddlers don't like baths, so should you never bathe them? Is it cruel to wash your toddler? And I kind of had to wash him, because he went rolling in the neighbor's garden, on which he had just sprinkled all sorts of chemical pesticides. So unlike the OP, I care about my cat, and don't want his ****ing skin to burn off, or lick himself and ingest toxins.
#13 Posted by CHOASXIII (14648 posts) -

I do it to mine. He just pouts cause he doesn't like the smell.

#14 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]....I'm fairly sure it says specifically on it to keep it away from animals because it can make them sick. Plus what the **** are you doing spraying chemicals on his skin? You should have him taken away, you're a horrible pet owner. I just washed my pissy-ass cat yesterday who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. Give him a bath and stop being lazy and mistreating your dog. I suggest you give him that bath now before he starts getting extremely irritated skin or tries to lick it off himself or something and gets sick.XilePrincess

:/ Putting a cat in water doesn't give it a heart attack. That's like saying putting a baby in water gives it a heart attack. I didn't throw him off a balcony into an ice cold pool, I set him in a bathtub full of warm water. I'm actually dumbfounded that you'd even say that, basic common sense would tell you that no, it will not give him a heart attack because it's not sudden whatsoever. He doesn't like baths, but then again most toddlers don't like baths, so should you never bathe them? Is it cruel to wash your toddler? And I kind of had to wash him, because he went rolling in the neighbor's garden, on which he had just sprinkled all sorts of chemical pesticides. So unlike the OP, I care about my cat, and don't want his ****ing skin to burn off, or lick himself and ingest toxins.

Cats hate being in water. Chances are it's traumatized now.

How dare you do such a thing to an animal? Traumatizing a poor kitty. :evil:

#15 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
[QUOTE="FortuneInLies"] OK, no need to be so hostile. I don't think spraying some Febreeze on his dog makes him the scum of the earth.

He is not seven years old. He should know better. It's people like that who are the reason there are so many animals discarded for the SPCA to deal with and they have serious respiratory problems or liver failure because they were exposed to things they should not be because the owner is lazy. I will be damn hostile because if you sprayed febreze on a baby or anyone else that couldn't speak up and tell you that it was hurting them or burning their skin, you'd go to jail. Animal welfare is a big deal to me and you are the scum of the earth if you'd spray harmful chemicals on your dog so you don't have to spend 10 minutes giving him a bath two or three times a year.
#16 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -

Nibroc420
Totally
#17 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

No it is not safe. Stop being lazy and give your dog a bath.

#18 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
It's too late, I already did it.
#19 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

xaos
Totally

:roll: Xile said "who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. " i think it's safe to assume any cat who does that in response to being tossed into water isn't enjoying it..
#20 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

:roll: Xile said "who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. " i think it's safe to assume any cat who does that in response to being tossed into water isn't enjoying it..Nibroc420

Would you like me to record a video for you of my cat when he gets into "pissy-ass" mode? Because that's how he is. That's not how he is because I bathed him. He will bite my face while I'm sleeping so I'll let him outside, he's just an a-hole. My cat is the spawn of satan, he's a mean cat. It has nothing to do with bathing him.

And I didn't toss him into goddamn anything. Did you not read my post? "I didn't throw him off a balcony into an ice cold pool, I set him in a bathtub full of warm water."? I took every single precaution I could to make him comfortable while I thoroughly scrubbed the skin burning chemicals off of his fur. So deeply sorry that I chose to wash my cat instead of letting him either develop blisters and sores from the chemicals or lick them off and have internal organ failure. SO sorry, what a terrible person I am.

#21 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] :roll: Xile said "who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. " i think it's safe to assume any cat who does that in response to being tossed into water isn't enjoying it..XilePrincess

Would you like me to record a video for you of my cat when he gets into "pissy-ass" mode? Because that's how he is. That's not how he is because I bathed him. He will bite my face while I'm sleeping so I'll let him outside, he's just an a-hole. My cat is the spawn of satan, he's a mean cat. It has nothing to do with bathing him.

And I didn't toss him into goddamn anything. Did you not read my post? "I didn't throw him off a balcony into an ice cold pool, I set him in a bathtub full of warm water."? I took every single precaution I could to make him comfortable while I thoroughly scrubbed the skin burning chemicals off of his fur. So deeply sorry that I chose to wash my cat instead of letting him either develop blisters and sores from the chemicals or lick them off and have internal organ failure. SO sorry, what a terrible person I am.

I would say you have a very unhealthy obsession with pets. You care too much.
#23 Posted by FortuneInLies (193 posts) -

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

Nibroc420

Totally

:roll: Xile said "who clawed my face off and took a leak on my arm, and he smells nice now. " i think it's safe to assume any cat who does that in response to being tossed into water isn't enjoying it..

I agree, she doesen't sound like a very suitable pet owner to me. That poor cat :(

#24 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"] I would say you have a very unhealthy obsession with pets. You care too much.

What exactly is unhealthy about cleaning harmful chemicals off of an animal that cannot do it themselves? And really, if that's "unhealthy" I'd rather be my kind of unhealthy than yours. I'm helping my animal, you're hurting yours.
#25 Posted by Canuck3k (288 posts) -

Jesus. Why does very topic end this way? -_-

#26 Posted by BranKetra (50221 posts) -
It says on the label whether or not it's non-toxic. I wish I could say the same for people.
#27 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20169 posts) -

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"]Cats hate being in water. Chances are it's traumatized now.

How dare you do such a thing to an animal? Traumatizing a poor kitty. :evil:Nibroc420

Totally

What do you expect? Xile has a kitten dangling from some rope in her signature. Poor thing. She obviously isn't the biggest cat lover.

#28 Posted by travisstaggs (10562 posts) -

Bathe your ****ing dog.

#29 Posted by BrianB0422 (1636 posts) -
Wow. There are about 5 people in this thread that are completely unfit for animal ownership. I would like to spray them with chemicals that get rid of stupid.
#30 Posted by bobaban (10560 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

xaos
Totally

That is ****ing sick.
#31 Posted by kamikaze_pigmy (8362 posts) -
"Should your cat [I realise you have a dog, but whatever] accidentally come into contact with Febreze when it is still wet, we would not anticipate problems beyond mild skin irritation (which can occur with any product in animals with sensitive skin) or minor stomach upset, if it is ingested." Sounds fine. Just don't do it again.
#32 Posted by airshocker (31236 posts) -

Yes, just cover his eyes.

#33 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

Well it doesn't hurt my skin, but you shouldn't really do that. Check on the bottle if it says toxic or skin itrritation

#34 Posted by IPWNDU2 (2535 posts) -

He smells and I hate giving him a bath. I just sprayed a bunch of Febreeze on him. He won't die will he?

percech

don't you have ps3 bashing to do in SW? Wash your dog, oh and it's called fabric refresher for a reason. Hint: Dogs are not fabrics.

#35 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -
If this is a serious question I would advise giving your dog to someone more qualified because you obviously are not.