is it possible to fully get rid of scars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -

I used to have a bad habit of picking at my back because I have eczema and now I have these circular dark reddish scars on my back and I also have chickenpox scars that are a oval shaped little raised. I want to get rid of these these as fast as I can. Is it possible to fully heal these. Does anyone know if there's a laser treatment that can be done to remove these scars? I bought a scar removal ointment but I don't know if they work on what I have because they are not scars from like a cut but more like a scab scar. Thanks

#2 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Ointments can only do so much............

#3 Posted by XilePrincess (13128 posts) -
Vitamin E oil, creams that treat dark spots etc. might help, but also consider going to a dermatologist for a professional opinion.
#4 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
sandpaper
#5 Posted by TehFuneral (8036 posts) -

A dermatologist is the person who you want to ask.

I doubt anyone in here is a dermatologist.

#6 Posted by bobaban (10554 posts) -
No you can't, scars can only be diminished. Surgery can do it but it will cost alot.
#7 Posted by sukraj (22177 posts) -

sandpapercheese_game619

me no like sandpaper got hard bristle ok boss what inside yar.

#8 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
have someone skin you and start over?
#9 Posted by sonicare (53451 posts) -

There are some types of laser treatments that can help improve the appearance of certain types of scars and defects.  Depending on yours, you may be a candidate.

#10 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

burn it

#11 Posted by tenaka2 (17019 posts) -

There is micro needling, do a google search.

#12 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
Depends on the scar, some go away or diminish over time (can take years) or just start to fade. I had a bunch of burn scars on my arm from the ovens at my first job as a pretzel maker when I was 14. I'm 22 now and they're gone. I also got a scar from a blister from grease that has gone away. Some from my childhood are essentially completely gone. However, I cut open my back when I was about 4 on a slide and that scar is still there and has just kind of grown with me. Chicken pox scars also tend to stay. Only complete solution is skin grafts, laser treatments, stuff like that. Things like vitamin e can help them fade but for the most part they'll be there
#13 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -
Easier to cope with then get rid of.
#14 Posted by comp_atkins (31278 posts) -
sandpapercheese_game619
cheese grater.
#15 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

Deep scars are pretty much permanent.

#16 Posted by thegerg (14862 posts) -
yes
#17 Posted by redstorm72 (4525 posts) -

Cover up your sissy eczema scars with bigger manlier scars.

Example

- Get a house cat to slash your back with its claws 

- Make up story that you got those scars saving a bus full of toddlers from a crazed homicidal grizzly bear

- Tell story to women

- Sleep with women

#18 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

I've got a few scars on my face (and quite a few more elsewhere). They make shaving difficult (which is why I am still sporting the 90's goatee) but I'll be the first to admit they look badass. :P I've got some awesome stories to tell if anyone asks, too.

That's life...there aren't many people who get through it without a good scar or two. I wouldn't worry about it.

#19 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

- Make up story that you got those scars saving a bus full of toddlers from a crazed homicidal grizzly bear

redstorm72

That's sissy talk. I terrorized a bus full of grizzlies for the amusement of children. That's how I got MY scars. :P

#20 Posted by redstorm72 (4525 posts) -

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

br0kenrabbit

That's sissy talk. I terrorized a bus full of grizzlies for the amusement of children. That's how I got MY scars. :P

Haha. It's hard to come up with a good story for the scar I got from my open heart surgery. It's so clinical looking. What am I going to say "Oh yeah, I totally got that scar after I cut myself open to take out an alien chest buster... which I then beat to death with my bare hands. Then I sowed myself back up and went back to being awesome"? :P 

#21 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

Haha. It's hard to come up with a good story for the scar I got from my open heart surgery. It's so clinical looking. What am I going to say "Oh yeah, I totally got that scar after I cut myself open to take out an alien chest buster... which I then beat to death with my bare hands. Then I sowed myself back up and went back to being awesome"? :P 

redstorm72

That's a fvcking awesome story. You should totally stick with that.

Just throw in something like "and then I banged it's mom, and that's where this other scar came from right here."

#22 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

No, scars do NOT go away. There's no getting rid of scars, it's damage below(or on) the dermis, but they'll fade, though they'll never truly go away.

Don't believe in any of those oils, lotions, or anything of that nature. They may help heal/fade the scars, but there's no way to get rid of scars outside of Skin-Grafting.

#23 Posted by redstorm72 (4525 posts) -

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

br0kenrabbit

That's a fvcking awesome story. You should totally stick with that.

Just throw in something like "and then I banged it's mom, and that's where this other scar came from right here."

alien

Bangable

#24 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

alien

Bangable

redstorm72

Totally.

#25 Posted by JohnF111 (14054 posts) -
Tattoo it, why try to remove when you can cover up.
#26 Posted by KingKinect (540 posts) -

Don't do anything extreme or you might get even worse scars from it. Are you a guy or a girl? I don't think you should worry about it regardless but if you are a guy that fact you are worried about them is a far worse condition than having the scars. Forget about it and put your efforts towards getting a good job, car and house.

#27 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

Tattoo it, why try to remove when you can cover up. JohnF111

Tattoos are tacky. Scars are badass.

#28 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Tattoo it, why try to remove when you can cover up. br0kenrabbit

Tattoos are tacky. Scars are badass.

Yep.