Is it just me or are the forums dead?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hofuldig (5073 posts) -

After this new "better" (LOL) website was launched it sure seems like the forums are dead now. i see hardly any topics being made now and even less people discussing anything in them.

So is it just me or is this website really dead?

#2 Posted by foxhound_fox (87754 posts) -

No more "dead" than they were.

#3 Edited by Elk (473 posts) -

I don't think it's you. If you were dead you wouldn't be able to make this thread.

#4 Posted by dominer (3313 posts) -

OT's been dead for a couple of years now.

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Yeah it does seem to be even more dead than it normally is.

#6 Edited by OmitName (721 posts) -

with the top 10 list its easier to pick and jump into various conversations without clicking around. because of this, to me, there is more life here.

#7 Edited by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

No wonder they're dead. This site has gone from one of the best to one of the worst just in a few days. :(

And it seems nobody at Gamespot cares. :| Haven't they seen the forum topics and polls about the "new site" recently? Do they just expect us to accept it or they think we will get used to it eventually or what?

It seems like Microsoft's Xbox One division took over. lol

And to think there was also a beta for this ...... :(

#8 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

No more dead than after any of the new style launches.

#9 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (198 posts) -

It just seems that way cuz people are still getting used to the new site, so they aren't posting as much. And some forums have always been kinda dead.

#10 Edited by Netret0120 (2038 posts) -

I don't like this new GS so it will take some time for me to adapt to it.

#11 Posted by Allicrombie (25133 posts) -

dey iz ded, dey iz.

#12 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@Allicrombie: nice to see a familliar mod with the redesign and all

#13 Posted by Allicrombie (25133 posts) -
#14 Posted by dissonantblack (34002 posts) -

i think it could be do to the redesign. Once it gets noticed i expect activity to return.

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70784 posts) -

it's because of the few boards

#16 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@Allicrombie: pretty good. Moved around a lot the last couple months so I did not have time for gamespot but everythings stable now.

#17 Edited by slipknot0129 (5488 posts) -

Feels like a zombie compared to the old Gamespot. It doesnt load up as fast and seems like its harder for your eyes to read.

#18 Edited by XilePrincess (13128 posts) -

I hate the redesign. I probably won't post as much because of it.

#19 Edited by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

Things seem to be moving slower during these first few days after the new site launch.

#20 Edited by angeldeb82 (1029 posts) -

I'm still here. Sometimes I post the news and all.

#21 Posted by MudoSkills (376 posts) -

I think people have been put off by the God awful default avatar.

#22 Posted by KHAndAnime (13461 posts) -

I'd say these forums are pretty dead. Topics used to fight for the front page, and now they kind of just sit idly by. My topic, which was a single reply and then was closed by an admin, sat on the front page for almost 20 hours. That's a little scary. It genuinely appears the forums are a small shadow of what they once were.

#23 Edited by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -

They've been too slow for me so I've been staying on NeoGaf. I'm actually only here right now because I clicked the wrong bookmark. Maybe I'll come back in a week or so if it seems better.

#24 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

there has definitely been a drop off in activity.

#25 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Definitely feels less active.

#26 Edited by Advid-Gamer (4632 posts) -

The new design sucks, the only reason I ever posted here was because I liked the layout of the forums. GS has been dying off for years, this could be the nail in the coffin

#27 Edited by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

Well, I would post here more often if it weren't for the 5 post a day limit until 25 posts for new users. :\

#28 Posted by Crushmaster (4320 posts) -

They are quite slow compared to what they used to be.

#29 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@lone_wolf_lance: I actually like those rules. Better deterent to bandodging alts.

#30 Posted by airshocker (29050 posts) -

Considering how slow the new website is, I think that's the main reason people haven't been using it so much.

#31 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Feels like a zombie compared to the old Gamespot. It doesnt load up as fast and seems like its harder for your eyes to read.

In it's current form, this site doesn't move much faster than a dead turtle. Moves so slow, it has me double checking my internet connection to see if I somehow lost connection.

#32 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42637 posts) -

Seems pretty alive to me still; even the news commentators are in full swing still (albeit maybe not completely as active).

#33 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

It does seem less active yes.

#34 Edited by BranKetra (48192 posts) -

No wonder they're dead. This site has gone from one of the best to one of the worst just in a few days. :(

And it seems nobody at Gamespot cares. :| Haven't they seen the forum topics and polls about the "new site" recently? Do they just expect us to accept it or they think we will get used to it eventually or what?

It seems like Microsoft's Xbox One division took over. lol

And to think there was also a beta for this ...... :(

It is not as if many people posted during the open beta. There was hardly any activity for more than one day. The tech team is giving attention to us. Just look at the Bug Reports and Feedback forum.

#35 Posted by Ackad (3159 posts) -

Considering how slow the new website is, I think that's the main reason people haven't been using it so much.

Yup that's the reason why I don't come here that often. GS destroyed the awesome interface

#36 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I am present.

#37 Posted by thegerg (14862 posts) -

Maybe it's not you, they're not dead.

#38 Edited by Ravenous_Joker (30 posts) -

I am finally back, once the new site was launched it reset my post count and told me that I reached my posting limit. It took over 24 hours before I was able to come back.

#39 Edited by Randolph (10473 posts) -

Runs smooth as silk for me. Anyhoo, if you think this is bad, you should have seen the drop off we had when we went through the "blue" phase with the first in house forums in late 2004. Or the first version of the previous forums, (the Unions still ran on those up to the day the old site was killed) that saw a massive decrease in traffic, and most of our issues with it did not get resolved for YEARS. (we had 20x20 avatars for way too long)

The only time we had an uptick in traffic with a move to new boards was when we went from the ZDnet boards, (green and black boards with just plain text, no thread bumping mechanic at all, no sigs, and no avatars at all) to the Lithium forums in 2002.

They'll gain two members for every one they lose, so they will push forward.

#40 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9520 posts) -

the lay out is pretty terrible, and its way too simplified.

lack of Sigs and levels make it hard to tell who people are.

#41 Posted by xdude85 (4349 posts) -

The site itself has felt dead for awhile now.

#42 Edited by sonicare (53451 posts) -

My sig and avatar are dead. RIP.

#43 Posted by ferrari2001 (16821 posts) -

They actually seem a little more active than they were before the change.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#44 Posted by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

Give it some time, and hopefully people will steadily start coming back. The forums were kind of dead before though, and who knows if this new layout will bring any new people in or not.

#45 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

I can see why people would flee.

#46 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

Yup. I've tried to visit a few times since the changeover and just gave up waiting for the main page to load. I ain't got time for that shit.

It's still slow, and I'm already losing my patience. If I wanted dial-up I'd fvcking order it.

#47 Edited by Dariency (9406 posts) -

I think activity will pick up with time. As they continue to improve and fix things, people will return. In addition, new people will continue to sign up and some of them will come to the forums, so you may start seeing new faces here overtime.

#48 Edited by LZ71 (10273 posts) -

This. First thing I noticed when I came back.

#49 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

No more dead than after any of the new style launches.

#50 Posted by super600 (30324 posts) -