Is homosexuality a natural thing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#151 simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts
@thatnordicguy said:

Who cares? Like, seriously, does it even matter? We do so many things that aren't natural anyway, sitting at a computer, staring at a monitor isn't natural. And at this point in time people are just doing most things for pleasure. Why are you so fixated on other people's lives, OP?

/thread.

Okaymum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 Okaymum
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Well, I'm not sure if I'm directly replying properly, but my comment is directed to Hoolahoopman

"Toasters are purely man-made constructs" 1) I never attempted to state otherwise, I think you should read my post more carefully, you seem to have gotten the wrong idea/missed the point. 2) I referenced taxonomy of hermaphrodites not on the basis of linking that with homosexuality, but just as a demonstration of the diversity of nature in general, hence "Anything is possible." If you can show me any sliver of hard, non-circumstantial evidence in my post that is contrary to either of the two points of my rebuttal, I would be greatly impressed, as that would make you either a moderator, or a magician. Also, you should calm down, it's just the internet. No need to feel "embarrassed" for me.. which clearly you didn't, for if you did, you wouldn't have been so predatory in the first place. You should take your high-school, girls locker room bullying tactics to the material world, instead of just acting like you deal the cards behind a screen.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#153 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I don't believe it's natural, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Being born with a sixth finger isn't natural, but that doesn't make you any less of a person.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I am fairly certain that homosexuality is a natural occurance, I know for certain that the morals that are the Foundation of this conversation is a social construct and wholly unnatural. Go figure.

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By jbc7343
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts

I believe homosexuality to be a natural occurrence and the reason I believe this is because love is natural. I see sexually akin to handedness; some people are left handed and some people are right handed, ergo, some people are gay and some people are straight. I do not believe in environmental predispositions. If gay people or straight people find someone in this world to spend their life with, more power to them. Who are we to question it? Their relationship has nothing to do with me and has no bearing on me and my life, nor should it yours.

Blacks have a higher rate of HIV contraction than any other race, especially young, black, homosexual men. However, with regards to transmission categories, homosexuals are by far in the lead. Why? Promiscuity with no contraceptive, injection drug use, or any combination of the two are usually the likely culprits. Additionally, keep in mind that HIV contraction can happen in more than sex. Here are the statistics that the CDC uses.

Lastly, to the TC, the only safe sex is no sex. Straight couples who do not use condoms are just as susceptible to HIV as a gay couple who fail to use condoms. You question the normality of homosexuality? Why? Because of anal sex? I do believe that straight couples are completely capable of partaking in the same kind of sex. Additionally, are you so naive to believe that people aren't gay but continue to lead straight lives? Is that so difficult to comprehend?

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts

I believe what ever people do with their bodies is their thing, and they can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't inflict anyone else. So if they want to be gay, then all the power to them. It's not wrong if it makes them happy

But I believe it is completely nurture, and not nature. You're not born gay, it develops based on how you were raised and influence. Combined with experience with the opposite sex, either bad experience, boring experience or too many rejections.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#157 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

I don't believe it's natural, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Being born with a sixth finger isn't natural, but that doesn't make you any less of a person.

Of course being born with a sixth finger is natural...just not common.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@BronxBomber said:

100 years from now, somebody is going to look at the history books and say: hey look, back then people hated people because they were gay--what a bunch of morons they were back in the day.

Yea that's a common misconception regarding the workings of the historical movement and the progression of human civilization in general. Its overly simplistic or "flat" and too assuming to expect the current moral and intellectual status quo to just continue being perpetuated with proliferating prevalence. Who's not to say that 100 year from now, people will be looking back in time and saying "I can't believe people used to bugger themselves lol".

Human civilization and history are both far more nonlinear than that.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@dave123321 said:

@gazaali: The nature argument is pointless. I only see it come up as a response to people who are against homosexuality using the "it's against nature" argument. The things you mentioned like disorders and murder and incest happen in nature and are natural. So something being natural doesn't make it justifiable or unjustifiable. So yes, you are correct in saying that accepting that these things you listed as natural makes the issue of naturalness a pointless topic of discussion when it comes to the issue of homosexuality and people's moral acceptance or denial.

Why it's a moral issue is beyond me

Fair enough.

On a slightly different note, if everything that happens in nature is natural, then what qualifies unnatural exactly, seeing how everything conceivable by human beings happens in nature. A more accurate and meaningful definition of natural would be something that happens in agreement with nature and what statistically prevails with no "tertium quid" involved.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

From a strict logic perspective, here you go:

Humans are part of the natural world and homosexuality occurs in humans, hence homosexuality is a natural phenomena. Homosexuality is also not a society or cultural construct either. You'll find homosexuality in even the most oppressive societies, though the individuals will be much more clandestine in their sexual orientation in those societies.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

It is a natural thing, unfortunately stupidity, bigotry, fear, ignorance and hypocrisy are also natural things, which mean that people can't understand that homosexuality is a natural thing.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@JyePhye said:

No, that's not how it works. Please look up diathesis-stress model. It is a high validity psychological construct which applies to psychological conditions. Under this theory, while there is a certain degree of choice, once a person already feels homosexual desires, choosing to totally repress and disregard those feelings will actually lead to psychological problems which could be very destructive to the individual in question and the people around them. It is much healthier for persons who feel homosexual desires to act on those desires in a safe and healthy environment rather than repress them. This is proven by years of psychological research.

If homosexuals are in the minority, then their practices as a minority group are necessarily protected under U.S. law, especially since their actions do not harm anyone. You can not tell homosexuals not to engage in homosexual behaviors with other consenting homosexuals. It is against the law, and beyond that there is no ethical basis for limiting the freedoms of a group when their actions cause no harm to society.

Once again, not all heterosexual sex leads to procreation. There are plenty of individuals who NEVER produce offspring at any point in their life. That does not mean they should be outlawed from sex.

And your despise of the Western sexual culture is anachronistic insofar that the sexual revolution of the West has been correlated with healthier expression of individuals' sexuality (as proven by years of psychological research: namely, sexual repression is unhealthy) and subsequent returns on a multitude of social issues, such as gender equality. So while your perspective on sexuality is archaic, your appraisal of homosexual sex as producing nothing of good is also tentative at best: homosexual sex may yield in the individuals involved a healthier baseline psychological state of being and potentially higher forms of psychological functioning as recorded in individuals who are in the throes of "love". Therefore, homosexual love and sex is not without product, and this is totally excluding any consideration of homosexual partners who provide much needed warm and loving homes for orphan children who otherwise might be thrown into the cycle of inadequate foster care. There is worth which arises from the love and subsequent partnership of many homosexual individuals, and this worth is beneficial to society at large!

Inevitably, you have failed to provide a clear definition for "natural" to use as a construct for appreciating homosexuality. Thereby any labeling of homosexuality as artificial is baseless as you have failed to prove how it is unnatural to begin with. And masturbation is as "natural" as it gets: fetuses in the womb have been observed masturbating in multiple scientific studies. Likewise, young children and other animal species have been observed engaging in masturbation. So that comparison doesn't really make sense. Masturbation is JUST as natural as sex.

"Predispositional vulnerability together with stress from life experiences"

This one line can be used to sum up the whole diathesis-theory. I'm talking about what happens before the 'stimulus' provided by the society. This genetic tendency is just as 'natural' as any other tendency. If one person has it in his genes that he's prone to depression, would he be a depressed person since birth? of course not. It's what happens in his life and how the society treats him that makes him depressed. Same goes with homosexuality. By default, it is there but it's in a 'turned off' state. Once it activates, unlike depression and any other mental disorder or emotional behavior, this can't be turned back. That's the only thing that differentiates it from all those generalizations that I've made about it. In other words, it's something you can stop, but once it's done, you can't. But the question rises, why should we even stop it in the first place?

Here's why.

Where does homosexuality grow? In societies where promiscuous behavior is common. When you expose little children to concepts of sex and everything at such an early age. They're bound to be prone to homosexuality. Why is homosexuality even a threat? like I already said, if they keep growing and one day they occupy the majority, remember that they cannot turn back from their homosexuality. We'll face a serious threat of under-population. Now you'll present the argument that heterosexuals tend to not reproduce every time as well. Of course they don't, but do they have the tendency to NEVER ever reproduce? no. Whenever the need arises, they can and they will. Yes there are people who don't reproduce their whole lives but, even then that still doesn't justify that we should just let homosexuality grow on it's own.

I think I've made it very clear that how they can be a 'potential' threat to the nature.

Onto the next thing. It's not the minority that would just retain it's numbers and stay there. It's contagious. Or if that word offends you, then I should rather say, they'll spread. Once they're common in the society, people that are more prone to this will get attracted just like you said. Have you ever wondered why there are places in this world where homosexuality is almost non-existent? it's because the concept of homosexuality doesn't even exist at basic levels of those societies. I'll take my example here, I didn't even know that such a thing existed until I was exposed to the internet a few years ago. That should direct you to the notion that I'm going to make; I have never seen a homosexual in my entire life. It's just the concept of theft doesn't exist in a society and that society tries it's best to not let anyone be exposed to it. Ultimately, that society will be free of any thieves. But that perfection doesn't exist in real life. Of course there are homosexuals where I live too. But they are among those people of the society that are neglected, totally frustrated or in other words, they're the 'underground' people. In normal society, they don't exist.

To seriously believe that they do no harm to the society, you must confirm that they're totally isolated from the norm. Now that must have offended you. They don't do any apparent harm, they're 'potentially' a harm to the whole ecosystem.

That Western sexual culture of yours isn't as perfect as you make it out to be. In fact, sexual culture everywhere in this world is NOT perfect. Western sexual culture tends to be a bit too promiscuous as to make sex just as casual as any other thing which in result produces harmful results that you already know. Contraceptives do nothing when the social structure itself doesn't put any restrictions over anything. Teenage pregnancy, unwanted child births, teenage suicides, sexual harassment and stuff like that should be known to you. Whereas the western sexual culture removes all barriers and let everything flow out life a flood, the Eastern culture represses the sexual needs of a person. In both cases, the end result is harmful. I know the perfect system but this is not the place to discuss that. We'll have some thread about that sometime later.

Of course homosexuals are humans too. They can do the same moral acts as others can. They shouldn't be oppressed for something they hold no responsibility. Because it's their environment that changed them into what they are. But ultimately, they become the part of that society and are conducive to producing more homosexuals. What I'm trying to point out here is, improve the social structure so that there won't be anymore homosexuals. I didn't mean to offend gays by this thread as people have misunderstood. It should be obvious by now.

I don't know about the fetus thing neither it's popular enough for me to accept it. But I never said masturbation isn't natural. Masturbation is natural when sexually deprived individuals eventually resort to it. What I tried to convey from that comparison is that, whereas sex involves all kinds of sensations, masturbation only involves the use of your genitals and your imagination. Which in turn, is stressful on the psychological status of some individuals. Resulting in a feeling of loneliness, depression and an overall 'unfocused' state of mind. I think I've made it easier to figure.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

@i_return: you are a idiot.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 I_Return

@Videodogg: Call me something new. Something refreshing.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I feel like I am now dumber for having read I_Returns post...

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I'm in the "Don't really care either way" camp. If its something you enjoy and makes you happy, have fun as long as you're not doing barbaric things in the name of homosexuality, or at all for that matter....

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#167  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It still amazes me that this still is a thing.

Then again, people still believe the Earth is flat, so I guess there is no limit to stupidity.

eyematter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 eyematter
Member since 2013 • 85 Posts

I think homosexuality is some what natural. It's natures way to keep a species from growing to big, but it isn't really working =P However, what separates humans from animals is that we have free will. Everything in life is a choice. You don't have to have sex with anyone, you choose too. There are men who have sex with other men because they do not get along with women, and the need to have sex with something is very high. In every gay and lesbian couple, there is always one that could go either way, and one that is truly gay. Top gay guys, can have sex with females, and will if they can, but bottoms are the true gay guys, but there are also strait men who enjoy anal sex, and may let a guy screw them simply for the experience of having something up their rear end. Same thing with lesbain couples, there is always a butch gay girl, with a fem gay girl who is bi.

My girlfriend used to date another girl for along time, but she said she missed being with a man.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@eyematter: I thought you were 33 yo virgin who never even heads hands with a girl lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 foxhound_fox

@JustPlainLucas said:

How is being born with a sixth finger unnatural?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 bforrester420

@eyematter said:

I think homosexuality is some what natural. It's natures way to keep a species from growing to big, but it isn't really working =P However, what separates humans from animals is that we have free will. Everything in life is a choice. You don't have to have sex with anyone, you choose too. There are men who have sex with other men because they do not get along with women, and the need to have sex with something is very high. In every gay and lesbian couple, there is always one that could go either way, and one that is truly gay. Top gay guys, can have sex with females, and will if they can, but bottoms are the true gay guys, but there are also strait men who enjoy anal sex, and may let a guy screw them simply for the experience of having something up their rear end. Same thing with lesbain couples, there is always a butch gay girl, with a fem gay girl who is bi.

My girlfriend used to date another girl for along time, but she said she missed being with a man.

What makes you humans are unique in Free Will? Sometimes my cat comes to me when called, sometimes she does not. Is that not free will?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11998687

eyematter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By eyematter
Member since 2013 • 85 Posts

@bforrester420:

Well, some animals have stronger free will than others. I was speaking in a general sense. No need to be superficial.

As a child one of my favorite games was skin the cat.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#173  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

How is being born with a sixth finger unnatural?

Well, when I think of unnatural, I think of things going against nature's design. Perfect specimens have 10 fingers, 10 toes, heterosexual, working lungs, cancer free, things like that. Maybe abnormal is the better term.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By bforrester420

@eyematter said:

@bforrester420:

Well, some animals have stronger free will than others. I was speaking in a general sense. No need to be superficial.

As a child one of my favorite games was skin the cat.

Not being superficial, just providing a simple example of an animal, of lesser intelligence than many other animals (think dolphins and great ape species), exhibiting what we would consider free will. If cats are capable, I would posit that even more complex forms free will is definitely not unique to humans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#175 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I have no doubt it's not a choice.

I am a man, but I never chose to like woman, I just do. It's not learned behavior. Why would anyone choose to be gay? If you look at all the crap they have to deal with (the high rates of depression, suicide, discrimination, etc.), do you honestly think someone just decides to be gay for the hell of it? It's how they were born and is natural. You dont choose to be gay any more than you choose to be left handed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
@jbc7343 said:

Lastly, to the TC, the only safe sex is no sex. Straight couples who do not use condoms are just as susceptible to HIV as a gay couple who fail to use condoms. You question the normality of homosexuality? Why? Because of anal sex? I do believe that straight couples are completely capable of partaking in the same kind of sex. Additionally, are you so naive to believe that people aren't gay but continue to lead straight lives? Is that so difficult to comprehend?

That's not entirely true. The risk of transmission of certain types of STDs does vary according to the category of sex. Men who have sex with other men have a higher risk per episode than men who have sex with women, vice versa, or women who have sex with other women. Women are at higher risk to contract an STD from a man, than a man is to contract an STD from a woman. Again, this is per episode and does not account for promiscuity, etc. Obviously the use of certain types of protection - such as condomns - can decrease the risk for any category. STDs are generally caused by bacteria and viruses, and often times these require a breakdown in the normal barriers your body has against infection. Certain types of intercourse are higher risk than others.

This doesn't mean that one type is more natural, moral, etc. It's just wise to be aware of the differences so one can take the proper precautions. For example, Healthcare workers are at much higher risk to contract many diseases than other people, but that doesnt mean that healthcare workers are bad people or unnatural.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 I_Return

@sonicare said:

I am a man, but I never chose to like woman, I just do. It's not learned behavior. Why would anyone choose to be gay? If you look at all the crap they have to deal with (the high rates of depression, suicide, discrimination, etc.), do you honestly think someone just decides to be gay for the hell of it? It's how they were born and is natural. You dont choose to be gay any more than you choose to be left handed.

Of course it's not a choice. It's a tendency that exists in every human and then it's up to the environment and the upbringing of an individual.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 kakamoura
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

Since humans are part of nature, then yes it's natural.

It being natural doesn't make it either bad or good though.

The whole natural argument has always been moot and meaningless as far as I am concerned.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By bforrester420

@eyematter

Can't tell if this is sarcasm, troll bait, or you honestly feel that way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@i_return said:

@sonicare said:

Of course it's not a choice. It's a tendency that exists in every human and then it's up to the environment and the upbringing of an individual.

It's not a tendency that exists in every person. It's a drive that exists in some people. And it's not due to the upbringing of an individual because that would denote that there is a choice. It's a biologic drive just like hunger, thirst, etc.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By I_Return

@sonicare said:

@i_return said:

@sonicare said:

It's not a tendency that exists in every person. It's a drive that exists in some people. And it's not due to the upbringing of an individual because that would denote that there is a choice. It's a biologic drive just like hunger, thirst, etc.

It's not a biological drive. It is in the genes. Just like every other emotional tendency. All it needs is a stimulus which is provided by the society or the environment. After that, it becomes a biological drive.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@bforrester420: judging from pretty much all his other posts.. Troll bait.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 foxhound_fox

@JustPlainLucas said:

Well, when I think of unnatural, I think of things going against nature's design. Perfect specimens have 10 fingers, 10 toes, heterosexual, working lungs, cancer free, things like that. Maybe abnormal is the better term.

What design? The very basis of life and evolution is change and mutation. Animals didn't just start with the "perfect" number of digits on their hands/feet.My point I'm trying to make here is that you can't say anything in nature is "unnatural" which points to the uselessness of the argument surrounding homosexuality. It's merely a way for conservatives and religious nutjobs to justify their beliefs that somehow, homosexuals don't have equal rights.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
@i_return said:

Where does homosexuality grow? In societies where promiscuous behavior is common. When you expose little children to concepts of sex and everything at such an early age. They're bound to be prone to homosexuality. Why is homosexuality even a threat? like I already said, if they keep growing and one day they occupy the majority, remember that they cannot turn back from their homosexuality. We'll face a serious threat of under-population. Now you'll present the argument that heterosexuals tend to not reproduce every time as well. Of course they don't, but do they have the tendency to NEVER ever reproduce? no. Whenever the need arises, they can and they will. Yes there are people who don't reproduce their whole lives but, even then that still doesn't justify that we should just let homosexuality grow on it's own.

I think I've made it very clear that how they can be a 'potential' threat to the nature.

This is one of the strangest non sequitor arguments i've ever heard. "when you expose children to sex at such an early age, they're bound to be prone to homosexuality?" No, they are bound to explore their sexuality and they'll end up figuring out if they have hetero-, bi-, or homosexual tendencies.

"if they keep growing?" Thats a weird statement to make because even in the most sexually liberal places (San Francisco or Rio de Janeiro), the LGBT population has pretty much plateaud at about 12% - 14% compared to the national average of many different countries of 2% - 6%. By evidence, at the highest, they'd grow to San Francisco-like levels. I wouldn't worry about their growth.

"remember they cannot turn back from their homosexuality." Wait, along with the "if they keep growing" claim, are you seriously making the argument that homsexuals can turn children gay but they cannot be be turned once they are gay? So you can be turned gay, but you cannot be turned from being gay. You gotta pick one or the other: Either homosexuality is a choice to and fro, or its innate and cannot be changed. But im guessing committing to either of the only two sensible view points would be devastating to your argument so you wont.

No, if the crux of your argument is that this is why homosexuality is a threat, you haven't made anything clear at all. In fact, im more confused than when i started reading this thread because these arguments don't make sense.

Periods of time where homosexuality was deemed as more acceptable than today - think greek or roman antiquity - should certainly be evidence that a rise or acceptance of homosexuality was not a danger to a society. Those civilizations fell almost entirely from economic or military decisions stemming from an empire that grew too big to manage and not "because the gays."

thatnordicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 thatnordicguy
Member since 2014 • 150 Posts

@sonicare said:

Personally, I don't think you're born that way. I think sexual preference is like food preference. It changes over the years and some can be straight and later on be bi or something. And minor things might change too like racial preference... Or they might not. I'm speaking from personal experience here. Sexuality isn't black and white.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

why argue about homosexuality being natural

like damn, if you wanna be natural go hunt/gather your food everyday.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 I_Return

@XaosII said:

This is one of the strangest non sequitor arguments i've ever heard. "when you expose children to sex at such an early age, they're bound to be prone to homosexuality?" No, they are bound to explore their sexuality and they'll end up figuring out if they have hetero-, bi-, or homosexual tendencies.

"if they keep growing?" Thats a weird statement to make because even in the most sexually liberal places (San Francisco or Rio de Janeiro), the LGBT population has pretty much plateaud at about 12% - 14% compared to the national average of many different countries of 2% - 6%. By evidence, at the highest, they'd grow to San Francisco-like levels. I wouldn't worry about their growth.

"remember they cannot turn back from their homosexuality." Wait, along with the "if they keep growing" claim, are you seriously making the argument that homsexuals can turn children gay but they cannot be be turned once they are gay? So you can be turned gay, but you cannot be turned from being gay. You gotta pick one or the other: Either homosexuality is a choice to and fro, or its innate and cannot be changed. But im guessing committing to either of the only two sensible view points would be devastating to your argument so you wont.

No, if the crux of your argument is that this is why homosexuality is a threat, you haven't made anything clear at all. In fact, im more confused than when i started reading this thread because these arguments don't make sense.

Periods of time where homosexuality was deemed as more acceptable than today - think greek or roman antiquity - should certainly be evidence that a rise or acceptance of homosexuality was not a danger to a society. Those civilizations fell almost entirely from economic or military decisions stemming from an empire that grew too big to manage and not "because the gays."

The word 'explore' is merely sugar coating it. In reality, that's not a truth. When you guys don't even consider children to be potent enough that they can decide things for themselves then why are you so lenient when it comes to matters relating to sex? By default, every human is heterosexual. Once you leave them exposed to such things, then and only then will they discover their tendency to be a homo or a bi.

Notice the word 'if'. Since I don't have any in-depth knowledge about what goes in San Francisco or Rio de Janiero, I'll refrain from commenting. But even then, there's a possibility they'll grow since they can.

It's not an argument, it's a fact. Once you become a homosexual, no variation takes place in the genes. To simplify it, you discover the genes that potentially could make you a gay, and now you've turned them on. There's simply no going back. Have you ever seen a gay turning into a hetero? the facts speak for themselves. When trying to get into an argument, people should consider how to deal with the argument rather than the other debater.

Stating the obvious, it would hardly make any sense to you. Since this is a forum where the majority of the people belong to the West with a liberal state of mind, these arguments won't be anything except mere nonsense and the talks of an idiot to you. If the majority were of the Eastern people, you would see the tables turning. Then I would be winning and you'll be an idiot. See? difference of culture. So, rather than getting personal over matters like these, perceive it just as another internet debate.

Again the majority weren't of the homosexuals. Homosexuals are a danger to the society only if they become the majority. The only possible threat (apart from the moral threat but that won't make any sense to you so I would refrain) they pose is to cause under-population. As long as heterosexuals occupy the majority, their won't be any threat.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

@i_return said:

The word 'explore' is merely sugar coating it. In reality, that's not a truth. When you guys don't even consider children to be potent enough that they can decide things for themselves then why are you so lenient when it comes to matters relating to sex? By default, every human is heterosexual. Once you leave them exposed to such things, then and only then will they discover their tendency to be a homo or a bi.

Notice the word 'if'. Since I don't have any in-depth knowledge about what goes in San Francisco or Rio de Janiero, I'll refrain from commenting. But even then, there's a possibility they'll grow since they can.

It's not an argument, it's a fact. Once you become a homosexual, no variation takes place in the genes. To simplify it, you discover the genes that potentially could make you a gay, and now you've turned them on. There's simply no going back. Have you ever seen a gay turning into a hetero? the facts speak for themselves. When trying to get into an argument, people should consider how to deal with the argument rather than the other debater.

Stating the obvious, it would hardly make any sense to you. Since this is a forum where the majority of the people belong to the West with a liberal state of mind, these arguments won't be anything except mere nonsense and the talks of an idiot to you. If the majority were of the Eastern people, you would see the tables turning. Then I would be winning and you'll be an idiot. See? difference of culture. So, rather than getting personal over matters like these, perceive it just as another internet debate.

Again the majority weren't of the homosexuals. Homosexuals are a danger to the society only if they become the majority. The only possible threat (apart from the moral threat but that won't make any sense to you so I would refrain) they pose is to cause under-population. As long as heterosexuals occupy the majority, their won't be any threat.

Are you seriously making the argument that becoming homosexual is like getting diabetes or something? No one's born with it but then too much sugar and you get diabetes that you can't turn off? Seriously?

I dont think theres a shred of empirical evidence to support your viewpoints.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 I_Return

@XaosII said:

Are you seriously making the argument that becoming homosexual is like getting diabetes or something? No one's born with it but then too much sugar and you get diabetes that you can't turn off? Seriously?

I dont think theres a shred of empirical evidence to support your viewpoints.

I'm not making it up. It's all science. Go read up some facts yourself.

Khoaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Khoaki
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts

Well it depends on what you mean by 'natural'.

If natural means something that occurs in nature, then I think it's obvious that homosexuality is natural.

If natural means the right way of occurring in nature, something that is supposed to happen, then no, I don't think homosexuality is natural.

At the current state and quite possibly until the end of time, homosexuality poses no serious threat to the survival of the human species because there simply aren't that many. However, based on nature's tendency towards procreation, it wouldn't be a stretch to view homosexuality as an illness of the human condition for achieving that end. Illness is used very loosely since it doesn't have any negative impact on the individual's well-being aside from the social implications. Still, if we are honest with ourselves, we must accept things as what they are.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 I_Return

@Khoaki said:

If natural means something that occurs in nature, then I think it's obvious that homosexuality is natural.

If natural means the right way of occurring in nature, something that is supposed to happen, then no, I don't think homosexuality is natural.

At the current state and quite possibly until the end of time, homosexuality poses no serious threat to the survival of the human species because there simply aren't that many. However, based on nature's tendency towards procreation, it wouldn't be a stretch to view homosexuality as an illness of the human condition for achieving that end. Illness is used very loosely since it doesn't have any negative impact on the individual's well-being aside from the social implications. Still, if we are honest with ourselves, we must accept things as what they are.

A thoughtful response. Too bad many people in this thread are actually flaming rather than thinking things the rational way.

Khoaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Khoaki
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts

@i_return said:

@Khoaki said:

A thoughtful response. Too bad many people in this thread are actually flaming rather than thinking things the rational way.

Thanks. I feel that people get too caught up with trying to be politically correct in these situations. I get that it's a touchy topic but in a scientific discussion it's usually best to not let feelings get in the way.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#197 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I think we can all accept that homosexuality is as natural as Ebola, the Black Death and poor people. The question is whether the gay pathogen or "the gay", as it is now refereed to on social media platforms, is becoming contagious. If we look at the evidence, there does seem to be a growing trend of homosexual behaviour or frolicking with the same sex, if you will, particularly in developing areas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#198 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@SolidSnake35 said:

I think we can all accept that homosexuality is as natural as Ebola, the Black Death and poor people. The question is whether the gay pathogen or "the gay", as it is now refereed to on social media platforms, is becoming contagious. If we look at the evidence, there does seem to be a growing trend of homosexual behaviour or frolicking with the same sex, if you will, particularly in developing areas.

0/10

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#199  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
@toast_burner said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

0/10

Thank you for your feedback. Any improvements you would like to see?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#200 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@SolidSnake35 said:
@toast_burner said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

0/10

Thank you for your feedback. Any improvements you would like to see?

Don't try to make it so obvious that you're trolling. You used to be a little better than this.