is gun collecting any worse than sword collecting?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
^topic.
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
I haven't heard this question before... 8)
arvikatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 arvikatarn
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
Both are cool if you dont use them bad
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
I would consider it more worse
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
I like this question.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I got a few knifes myself, but none of them are sharpened. 
zombiemenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zombiemenace
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
Swords are just for asthetic, while guns may serve a purpose. i.e. hunting, self defence
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
You're more likely to accidently shoot someone in the face than stab someone (unless you have no balance whatsoever)
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 6icks_tea_4hoar
Swords are just for asthetic, while guns may serve a purpose. i.e. hunting, self defencezombiemenace
because no one would use swords in a way that would hurt or kill someone. :roll:
Marx_Brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marx_Brother
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts

Swords are stupid, that's why we invented guns.

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
guns are a lot better because you can actually use them effectively for home defense.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
I don't see the point of collecting guns.. and swords.. I mean I know a friend who collects daggers and I always tell him to sell them all..
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yermomsboxx
Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha
What? Guns are easier for kids to handle than swords?
shishkabob_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shishkabob_6
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts
I disprove of collecting weapons
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 6icks_tea_4hoar
I don't see the point of collecting guns.. and swords.. I mean I know a friend who collects daggers and I always tell him to sell them all..bloody1f4knight
if i had enough money, i would collect swords because they look cool.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yermomsboxx
I disprove of collecting weapons shishkabob_6
Gun collecting cannot be disproven.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nickmag

Swords are stupid, that's why we invented guns.

Marx_Brother
people are cowards. That's why we invented guns.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.yermomsboxx

Uh, yeah? Swords have to be swung with force in order to do damage, or thrust well. MOst kids can't do that, due to size restrictions. However, guns are point and shoot. THe recoil migt hurt, but it's too late after that.
shahkanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shahkanon
Member since 2003 • 743 Posts
What if you collect both?
JJ4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JJ4545
Member since 2006 • 3015 Posts
I got a few knifes myself, but none of them are sharpened. sinistergoggles
I also collect butter knives.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#22 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
yes it is.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#23 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Yeah, I'd say it is if you have an ammo collection on top of that. If the house catches on fire, it's bye-bye neighborhood, hello....explosion.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yermomsboxx
[QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

Uh, yeah? Swords have to be swung with force in order to do damage, or thrust well. MOst kids can't do that, due to size restrictions. However, guns are point and shoot. THe recoil migt hurt, but it's too late after that.

You don't have to load/cock/turn the safety off of a sword, it's pretty straightforward.
GODFLESH_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GODFLESH_basic
Member since 2003 • 1018 Posts

Collecting guns is not for self defense, it's a hobby.  Gun collectors buy unique, famous, or rare weapons and display them in a case for others too see, no weapon is loaded, and I would be surprised if the collector even had the correct ammunition. Keep in mind too, most of these weapons gun collectors go after are decommissioned, meaning totally unable to fire.

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.yermomsboxx

You don't have to load/cock/turn the safety off of a sword, it's pretty straightforward.

And yet I cannot recall the last time I heard of a kindergartner taking his dads SWORD to school and killing his classmate with it. Can you?
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nickmag
[QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

but shouldn't guns be designed so they're hard to used by kids? just a thought...
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 6icks_tea_4hoar
[QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

And yet I cannot recall the last time I heard of a kindergartner taking his dads SWORD to school and killing his classmate with it. Can you?

yes. that happened yesterday.
Avatar image for xxQuadropwnedxx
xxQuadropwnedxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xxQuadropwnedxx
Member since 2007 • 2201 Posts
why would it be?
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.6icks_tea_4hoar

RLY? Whar? Te school for blind teachers? It's not easy to conceal a sword, trust me.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yermomsboxx
[QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

And I haven't heard of that happening with a gun, either.  Where's your link?
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.yermomsboxx

And I haven't heard of that happening with a gun, either.  Where's your link?

Give me a moment, I'll be right bck.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
Guns are more deadly that one pull of the trigger will kill. With a sword, it takes some hacking.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

Guns are more deadly that one pull of the trigger will kill. With a sword, it takes some hacking.Cyrax-Sektor

Not if you stab your opponent in the heart or cut off his head.

ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ranger_waha
http://www.hamfish.org/newsroom/summaries/marchapril04.html---Scroll down, I didn't read em all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings--A general list I've heard of kids bringing knives to school, but I'd like to see a sword link.
Media_geek20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 Media_geek20
Member since 2006 • 6491 Posts
I don't see why it would be.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yermomsboxx
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"]http://www.hamfish.org/newsroom/summaries/marchapril04.html---Scroll down, I didn't read em all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings--A general list I've heard of kids bringing knives to school, but I'd like to see a sword link.

I'm not reading that entire page. Which story has the kindegartener killing his classmate?
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 6icks_tea_4hoar
[QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

RLY? Whar? Te school for blind teachers?

yes.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ranger_waha
[QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.6icks_tea_4hoar

yes.

It would have to be, wouldn't it? Not only would it be notice as sopon as he stepped into school, but probably as he left the house/got onto the bus.
makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts

Think of it this way, they are only harmful in the hands of morons and pshycopaths *Glares at Arg...*

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyrax-Sektor"]Guns are more deadly that one pull of the trigger will kill. With a sword, it takes some hacking.megagene

Not if you stab your opponent in the heart or cut off his head.

Who has enough strength to swing a sword at someone's head? Unless you're using a pirate sword. . . Good point, both are equally deadly. Don't collect either unless kept under titanium casing. But that'd be pointless seeing as titanium isn't see-through.
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 6icks_tea_4hoar
[QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="6icks_tea_4hoar"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"][QUOTE="yermomsboxx"][QUOTE="ranger_waha"]Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

yes.

It would have to be, wouldn't it? Not only would it be notice as sopon as he stepped into school, but probably as he left the house/got onto the bus.

unfortunately though it was a school for blind teachers.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
there's nothing wrong with either...
BlackVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BlackVII
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
^topic.
6icks_tea_4hoar
I like swords :)
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
Is collecting weaponised nerve-gas any worse a hobby than darts?
CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts

Yes. There's a reason people don't fight wars with swords anymore. Guns are much deadlier at greater range. A lot easier for kids to handle, as well.ranger_waha

What is it with this absurd belief that guns are somehow easier to use than swords? They kill much more effictivly than swords yes, but they are not easier to use. With Guns, you must have a basic concept of machine operation and mechanics. With swords all you have to do is swing your arms back and forth.

CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts
"And yet I cannot recall the last time I heard of a kindergartner taking his dads SWORD to school and killing his classmate with it. Can you?" The complexity of a weapon and how effectivly it kills are not one in the same. If guns had never been invented, do you really think he would have been any more or less inclined to kill?
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
well swords are more like a historical ornament 2 hang on ur wall, a shotgun does not match a wall.
Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
Yes, because swords are cooler.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#50 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i dont think theres anything wrong with collecting either. theres no law that says we cant. some people like to go hunting or to firing ranges. they should be able to collect guns. just like martial arts enthusiasts should be able to collect swords if they choose.