Is gaza ali safe ?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#56 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8220 posts) -
#57 Edited by whipassmt (13996 posts) -

@mjorh said:

Oh i didn't know he is actually from Gaza , hope he's fine . are you guys sure he lives in Gaza?

Yeah. I wondered that as well. I think he is from there, but I'm not sure if he still lives there. I was thinking he may have moved. But it seems from Dave's post that Ali still lives in Gaza.

#59 Posted by Korvus (3238 posts) -

Please ignore the troll, guys. Some people are just so desperate for attention they even forget their basic human decency. Why take the time and effort to reply several times to a guy who admits that even if he's shown he's no welcome here by being banned he won't take the hint and come back?

#61 Posted by JohnF111 (14054 posts) -

I'm sure he has other things to worry about than posting on Gamespot. Like posting on Facebook.

#62 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (96 posts) -

i just hope he's okay

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Elehi Rajioon

#63 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

I do hope he is doing ok.

#64 Edited by Nuck81 (5837 posts) -

Israel has slaughtered over .1% of the population so far.

There are about 1.2 million Palestinians living in an area that is 1/4 the size of New York City.

I Hope he is ok, but I'm sure he has been effected by this.

#65 Posted by indzman (17259 posts) -

i just hope he's okay

LOL.

What are you saying in arabic ?

#66 Edited by Xeno_ghost (676 posts) -

We should send him private messages wishing him well, hopefully when he is able to get back online he will see we are not all bad :)

#67 Posted by wis3boi (31122 posts) -

We should send him private messages wishing him well, hopefully when he is able to get back online he will see we are not all bad :)

we're all bad to the bone

#68 Edited by ChuRsiBilLa (96 posts) -

@indzman said:

@chursibilla said:

i just hope he's okay

LOL.

something you probably wont understand

#69 Posted by indzman (17259 posts) -

@indzman said:

@chursibilla said:

i just hope he's okay

LOL.

Humour me , i'm indian might understand :)

#70 Edited by LZ71 (10273 posts) -

I very much hope so.

Like others have said, he obviously has much more important things to be worrying about than posting on Gamespot in this unfortunate and dangerous time, but whenever is safe and appropriate for him to do so I hope he checks in.

#71 Posted by indzman (17259 posts) -

Gaza will get a Hero's welcome from me when he returns to OT :)

#72 Edited by outworld222 (2411 posts) -

Been thinking about this for a little while. I'm sure he's okay, but there is no way for him to communicate since he has no means of communicating at this point and time.

I wish him the best and for safety.

#73 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (96 posts) -

@indzman said:

@chursibilla said:

@indzman said:

@chursibilla said:

i just hope he's okay

LOL.

its a Dua Muslims usally say when they lose something or when somebody Wafaat pa jai us waqt ...........and its meaning is "surely we belong to Allah and we shall return to Him"......you got it?

#74 Edited by indzman (17259 posts) -

@chursibilla said:

@indzman said:

@chursibilla said:

@indzman said:

@chursibilla said:

i just hope he's okay

LOL.

its a Dua Muslims usally say when they lose something or when somebody Wafaat pa jai us waqt ...........and its meaning is "surely we belong to Allah and we shall return to Him"......you got it?

Urdu is awesome language , some of our hindi language is incorporated with urdu language too thats why i was curious. Thanks for the info :)

#75 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20034 posts) -

It seems an Israeli airstrike hit Gaza strip’s last functioning power plant yesterday so he's probably all out of electricity.

#76 Edited by thegerg (14862 posts) -

I don't know.

#77 Posted by Ackad (3159 posts) -

I hope he's okay. It's been a while since I've seen a post from him.

#78 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

I don't know who that user is but hopefully he's safe.

This is GazaAli CyberLips.

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/GazaAli/

Also While I usually don't post nor come to OT and I haven't gotten to know most of you guys on Gamespot, I do enjoy reading Gaza posts and while we never actually talk, I really hope he is A-okay. and I meant that.

#79 Posted by CyberLips (1821 posts) -

@EasyComeEasyGo: Oh yeah i remember him, haven't seen him in a long time though.

#80 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

@CyberLips: Glad that helps. I really need to start posting here more and get to know more about the users here on Gamespot.

#81 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58095 posts) -

I think thegerg has him hostage.

#82 Posted by Treflis (11481 posts) -

Well the power plant was bombed into a ruin so odds are he doesn't have power for the computer for awhile.

Just gotta hope he's okay.

#83 Posted by Jag85 (4401 posts) -

Now that Israel has destroyed Gaza's main source of power, I can only assume that he's probably trying to save up whatever little electricity or battery power he has for more important things.

All we can do now is just pray or hope that he is okay.

#84 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (859 posts) -

While his whereabouts may be a concern to us, I doubt he'd use the precious power on his laptob/tablet to come on Gamespot.

#85 Posted by GazaAli (22542 posts) -

Dear concerned OTers, vaguelytagged has informed me of this topic and that a number of you has been worried about what happened of me. I'm glad to be relieving you of the concerns and to inform you that I'm well and sound.

I've read every post in this topic and I'm truly thankful that there is still some human decency out there. Needless to say, the past few days and the unspeakable atrocities that have been allowed to happen in this orphan place (with impunity most likely) have had an effect on my perception of the world that unfortunately will persist for the remainder of my life and that of the entire population. It is nothing short of brutal and inhumane collective punishment. I will most likely choose not to talk about it at least for some time to come.

As some of you have pointed out already, power has been lost in all of Gaza more than a week ago which is the main reason why I haven't been around. Power is finally being gradually restored but as you can imagine it will take some time before its anything substantial. But to be perfectly honest with you, I stopped coming here some 3 days before that happened. I was compulsively drawn to the topics regarding the war on Gaza and I hate to admit that they had a severely pathological effect on me on multiple occasions. Normally I do not opt for the choice of sheltering myself from such things but given the situation I decided to give myself the luxury of doing so, at least until things subside and somehow go back to normal.

I feel completely out of words and my mind is somewhat blank. It will take a few days for me to be jolted back into coherence and to gain back a semblance of a life but until then let me reiterate how thankful and touched I am that some members on a discussion forum actually remembered me and went to the trouble of concerning themselves with the well being of someone they never met in their lives, someone whom they frequently and sometime profoundly disagree with.

I have to say, it actually feels good to be posting this here right now; it is a lively expression of me going back to normal life.

#86 Posted by BossPerson (9445 posts) -

hang in there ya akhi

#87 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12828 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I have to say, it actually feels good to be posting this here right now; it is a lively expression of me going back to normal life.

Glad you're safe, please remain so.

Sometimes it's hard to fathom that we all live in the same world, our experiences are so different.

#88 Posted by Serraph105 (27824 posts) -

@GazaAli: good to hear from you man. I have been worried about you specifically basically every time I turn on the news. Hang in there and I hope you can get out of Gaza (someone mentioned you were learning dutch) one day to a part of the world with less turmoil.

#89 Posted by Korvus (3238 posts) -

Dog pile on @GazaAli!!

Glad to know you're safe...I think it's perfectly fine that you don't really want to talk about your situation, but if you feel like chatting about anything else to clear your mind, feel free to drop me a PM!

#90 Edited by elkoldo (1011 posts) -

@GazaAli: Goddamn it Ali , I thought you were dead !

How's your family ? Are they still with you ? I just keep watching on TV that family members are being killed in bombardments , 9 members of a family were killed last I heard.How's your house ?Do you still have a ceiling above you ?

I hope everyone you care about is fine.

Ali I learnt this in school :

الدهر یومان : یوم علیک , یوم لک

Those goddamn good days will finally arrive.

#91 Posted by Korvus (3238 posts) -

@elkoldo: I know you were concerned, as were we all but he did say he does not wish to speak about it, so give him some time and space...I'm sure he'll reassure us when the time is right for him =)

#92 Posted by Nuck81 (5837 posts) -

السلام عليكم

Be well

#93 Posted by johnd13 (7995 posts) -

@GazaAli: Hang in there Ali, the OT army is here for you. =P

#94 Edited by hippiesanta (9812 posts) -

please stay save gaza ali

#95 Posted by indzman (17259 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Dear concerned OTers, vaguelytagged has informed me of this topic and that a number of you has been worried about what happened of me. I'm glad to be relieving you of the concerns and to inform you that I'm well and sound.

I've read every post in this topic and I'm truly thankful that there is still some human decency out there. Needless to say, the past few days and the unspeakable atrocities that have been allowed to happen in this orphan place (with impunity most likely) have had an effect on my perception of the world that unfortunately will persist for the remainder of my life and that of the entire population. It is nothing short of brutal and inhumane collective punishment. I will most likely choose not to talk about it at least for some time to come.

As some of you have pointed out already, power has been lost in all of Gaza more than a week ago which is the main reason why I haven't been around. Power is finally being gradually restored but as you can imagine it will take some time before its anything substantial. But to be perfectly honest with you, I stopped coming here some 3 days before that happened. I was compulsively drawn to the topics regarding the war on Gaza and I hate to admit that they had a severely pathological effect on me on multiple occasions. Normally I do not opt for the choice of sheltering myself from such things but given the situation I decided to give myself the luxury of doing so, at least until things subside and somehow go back to normal.

I feel completely out of words and my mind is somewhat blank. It will take a few days for me to be jolted back into coherence and to gain back a semblance of a life but until then let me reiterate how thankful and touched I am that some members on a discussion forum actually remembered me and went to the trouble of concerning themselves with the well being of someone they never met in their lives, someone whom they frequently and sometime profoundly disagree with.

OMG

you are my HERO :)

#96 Posted by alim298 (1221 posts) -

I'm so glad and relieved that you're safe. Hope all your family are safe too.

#97 Posted by megagene (22996 posts) -

Glad to hear you are okay, man. Please continue to stay safe and check in when you can.

#98 Posted by LZ71 (10273 posts) -

Hearing you're safe Ali is absolutely wonderful, and I very much hope you, and those you care about, remain so.

#99 Posted by zeroyaoi (1914 posts) -

We've never talked before, but I'm glad you're safe.

#100 Posted by Bardock47 (5240 posts) -

@GazaAli: I don't believe we have ever spoke, but I am glad to see you are okay.