Is Crash a good movie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts

whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?

EDIT: for the record im 15 and yaeh adult films lacking action are movies that i watch. a movie doesn't have to have blood and guts to impress me if its well written and well acted out then its fine by me... 

Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Sora529
Member since 2006 • 3755 Posts
I thought it was really boring...
pxr242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pxr242
Member since 2005 • 891 Posts
it's a bad movie. the only reason people like it, is because of the "chinaman under my car" line
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
No.
BAMBAMBOOKEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BAMBAMBOOKEY
Member since 2004 • 1157 Posts
it was good. theres one part where you see that hot girls boobs (eva mendez??) theres not that much action, but its pretty far down
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
I don't remember seeing anything really bad. Nothing that a parent wouldn't allow their children to see. Other than that I thought it was good. Not my favorite movie and I didn't think it was as good as many said it was.
BloodTorment1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BloodTorment1
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts
It's very good and enlightening. I think the R rating was for curses
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
it was actually really good...it had a great message to it, the story was really good, well developed characters.... but it seems everybody that posts on this site need the movie to be full of action ,with gore, and blood, and people dying....i think im the only one here that doesn't like those kind of movies... If you like mindless action movies than Crash isnt very good....if you like story lines, character development, and all that stuff then its really good....
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
I liked it a lot, maybe not as much as the hype as it got but it was a good movie. The objectionable parts would probably be the racism, and the part where the cop molests the black woman when he pulls her over. I would certainly not recommend for children.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts

it was actually really good...it had a great message to it, the story was really good, well developed characters.... but it seems everybody that posts on this site need the movie to be full of action ,with gore, and blood, and people dying....i think im the only one here that doesn't like those kind of movies... If you like mindless action movies than Crash isnt very good....if you like story lines, character development, and all that stuff then its really good....ChipmunkDeluxe

Name some of your favorite films. 

ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
it's a really really good movie, i loved it. it's not one of those action or funny movies. it's more of those "good movies" where theres no action or anything to it. it's about racism. if you're like 13 or 12 and like those action movies and stuff, i suggest you not seeing this. this movie is more of those A Beautiful Mind movies or kind of like idk how to explain but yeah, it's a good movie
Weapons_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Weapons_Free
Member since 2006 • 1361 Posts
Didn't care for it at all. Tremendously overrated.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts

[QUOTE="ChipmunkDeluxe"]it was actually really good...it had a great message to it, the story was really good, well developed characters.... but it seems everybody that posts on this site need the movie to be full of action ,with gore, and blood, and people dying....i think im the only one here that doesn't like those kind of movies... If you like mindless action movies than Crash isnt very good....if you like story lines, character development, and all that stuff then its really good....ernie1989

Name some of your favorite films.

wow....i just realized i dont have any favorite movies.. i dont have any movies that really stand out for being a favorite...in fact i dont even like watching movies. ill edit this later with an answer....
MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts
i thought it was very good
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Yes, it's a good movie.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?gorilazandgames

Crash is an overrated crap movie, made in the typical overly sentimental Hollywood-style. It's entire plot is based around the silly idea that all conflict between people who happen to be of different heritages is caused by racism - needless to say this simplistic approach makes for a movie which gives an unrealistic view of society and explains nothing about the real causes of conflict or racism oranything at all. Instead, it seems like the movie wants us to believe that everyone is a racist, inherently. And the only solution to all this conflict between people of different races that the movie presents - or preaches, rather - is "tolerance": "We're all racists, let's control ourselves so that we don't accidentially use racial slur, violence or otherwise try to dominate people of another skin colour or nationality". The movie barely touches the deeper social, economical and political issues in society, which in reality provide a base for xenophobia and racism. The analysis is nowhere!

I recommend the movie to no-one but racists who don't realize they're racists, who want to watch a movie that conforms to their fantasies about the world - a movie they can identify themselves with on a personal level.

BloodTorment1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BloodTorment1

[QUOTE="gorilazandgames"]whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?doubutsuteki

Crash is an overrated crap movie, made in the typical overly sentimental Hollywood-style. It's entire plot is based around the silly idea that all conflict between people who happen to be of different heritages is caused by racism - needless to say this simplistic approach makes for a movie which gives an unrealistic view of society and explains nothing about the real causes of conflict or racism oranything at all. Instead, it seems like the movie wants us to believe that everyone is a racist, inherently. And the only solution to all this conflict between people of different races that the movie presents - or preaches, rather - is "tolerance": "We're all racists, let's control ourselves so that we don't accidentially use racial slur, violence or otherwise try to dominate people of another skin colour or nationality". The movie barely touches the deeper social, economical and political issues in society, which in reality provide a base for xenophobia and racism. The analysis is nowhere!

I recommend the movie to no-one but racists who don't realize they're racists, who want to watch a movie that conforms to their fantasies about the world - a movie they can identify themselves with on a personal level.

Wow did you even watch the movie. I mean REALLY watched it. Because if you did you missed the whole point and plot.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="gorilazandgames"]whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?BloodTorment1

Wow did you even watch the movie. I mean REALLY watched it. Because if you did you missed the whole point and plot.

I watched the movie. Did you? If so, explain what I missed.

BloodTorment1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BloodTorment1
[QUOTE="BloodTorment1"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="gorilazandgames"]whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?doubutsuteki

Crash is an overrated crap movie, made in the typical overly sentimental Hollywood-style. It's entire plot is based around the silly idea that all conflict between people who happen to be of different heritages is caused by racism - needless to say this simplistic approach makes for a movie which gives an unrealistic view of society and explains nothing about the real causes of conflict or racism oranything at all.Instead, it seems like the movie wants us to believe that everyone is a racist, inherently. And the only solution to all this conflict between people of different races that the movie presents - or preaches, rather - is "tolerance": "We're all racists, let's control ourselves so that we don't accidentially use racial slur, violence or otherwise try to dominate people of another skin colour or nationality". The movie barely touches the deeper social, economical and political issues in society, which in reality provide a base for xenophobia and racism. The analysis is nowhere!

Yes I watched the movie. The movie wasn't about "OMG everyone's racist!!!" it was about what happens in a society of culturally diverse people and their mind frames. It was about change. Matt Dillons character was a racist. But given the circumstances, his human side override his racist side and saved a black woman. One he even molested for that matter. It was an example of people change and how they get past their fears. It showed how assumptions of different peple from you can be harmful. Sandra Bullock got afraid just because she saw to black men walking towards her. It was a blatant steryotpe she was reinforcing. Turns out, her Caucasian friends never gave a damn about her. But there was one person who did care for her, her maid who also happened to be hispanic. Terrence Howard's character faced type casting and was forced to talk like a regular "black man" should talk. Senseless comments like those are what society accept. What made this movie so great was it's fearlessness to expose peoples fears and flaws about race and culture. It had nothing to do with exploiting everyone as a racist.

Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
I haven't heard of it. That says enough.
SSJ_GOTENKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 SSJ_GOTENKS
Member since 2006 • 1489 Posts

whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?

EDIT: for the record im 15 and yaeh adult films lacking action are movies that i watch. a movie doesn't have to have blood and guts to impress me if its well written and well acted out then its fine by me... 

gorilazandgames
more like R for "Retarded" hated that movie don't watch it trust me, save your money on something else
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
I really love that movie. Don't listen to the kids here that don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting, and clever editing.
nazaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 nazaric
Member since 2005 • 2026 Posts
its not bad but its not really good ethier
bminns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bminns
Member since 2004 • 4052 Posts
i enjoyed the movie, sandra bullock is annoying though.
xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts
it was good. theres one part where you see that hot girls boobs (eva mendez??) theres not that much action, but its pretty far downBAMBAMBOOKEY
There is that and a lot of swearing. Meh, you gotta see them someday and you can't stop yourself from hearing swear words these days anyways
matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts
great movie IMO, and it's rated for R for language and some sexuality if i remember correctly. it deals with a lot of adult issues, so it earns its R rating, even if it isn't necessarily a hard R.
Weapons_Free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Weapons_Free
Member since 2006 • 1361 Posts
Its more of a gimmick than anything else.
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts
It was pretty mediocre.  Yes, I've seen it, I know all about it, the only scene that I really liked was the one where the Middle-Eastern dude almost shoots the little Hispanic girl.  The rest of it was pretty bland.
_Ishida_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _Ishida_
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
its hellagood.
GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts

It's my third favorite movie.  :D  There are varying opinions.  Some people might not like it because it's too "coincidental," but that's kinda why I liked it.  :)

It's rated "R" for strong language, violence, and sexuality.  There's one brief sex scene, but the rest is just dialogue.  I say you should definitely see it.  :)

_Ishida_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _Ishida_
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
I really love that movie. Don't listen to the kids here that don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting, and clever editing.DrinkDuff
agreed.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
Very good movie IMO.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="BloodTorment1"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="gorilazandgames"]whats it rated R for like, what are some of the "bad**as in dirty or sexual** scenes in it?BloodTorment1

Crash is an overrated crap movie, made in the typical overly sentimental Hollywood-style. It's entire plot is based around the silly idea that all conflict between people who happen to be of different heritages is caused by racism - needless to say this simplistic approach makes for a movie which gives an unrealistic view of society and explains nothing about the real causes of conflict or racism oranything at all.Instead, it seems like the movie wants us to believe that everyone is a racist, inherently. And the only solution to all this conflict between people of different races that the movie presents - or preaches, rather - is "tolerance": "We're all racists, let's control ourselves so that we don't accidentially use racial slur, violence or otherwise try to dominate people of another skin colour or nationality". The movie barely touches the deeper social, economical and political issues in society, which in reality provide a base for xenophobia and racism. The analysis is nowhere!

Yes I watched the movie. The movie wasn't about "OMG everyone's racist!!!" it was about what happens in a society of culturally diverse people and their mind frames.

Oh yeah, it's really hard to figure out what happens in a conflict situation.

It was about change. Matt Dillons character was a racist. But given the circumstances, his human side override his racist side and saved a black woman. One he even molested for that matter. It was an example of people change and how they get past their fears.

Yeah, and it made no sense at all. Matt Dillon's character changed dramatically without any explanation at all. It was incredibly silly. After being a complete nutjob and abusing the black woman sexually, for no apparent reason he suddenly decides to risk his life to save her. Explanation to his behaviour? No!

It showed how assumptions of different peple from you can be harmful. Sandra Bullock got afraid just because she saw to black men walking towards her. It was a blatant steryotpe she was reinforcing.

I know that. You know that - and I'm sure you knew before you watched the movie. But the movie does not explain the causes of those people's behaviour at all!

Turns out, her Caucasian friends never gave a damn about her. But there was one person who did care for her, her maid who also happened to be hispanic. Terrence Howard's character faced type casting and was forced to talk like a regular "black man" should talk. Senseless comments like those are what society accept.

It was all incredibly hillarious - it didn't make sense. The script was lousy! I could write a better one in my sleep.

What made this movie so great was it's fearlessness to expose peoples fears and flaws about race and culture. It had nothing to do with exploiting everyone as a racist.

That's the only thing it achieved; to show everyone being incredibly prejudiced, xenophobic or racist. Everyone in the movie was racist, and I mean everyone. It is in no way radical to unleash onto the world such utter trash as Crash - a superficial film which doesn't analyze the causes of the conflicts it is presenting us to, and which resists every chance to critisize other than single individuals. No attempts were made in the film to point at important factors in society causing tension and conflict between people of different races, nationalities, cultures etc. It blames single individuals - yet everyone seems to be a racist. So clearly, there must be something fundamentally wrong with society. "No", says Crash. "This is how we are as persons".

The subject of racism is important. Crash deals with it in a very irresponsible manner. And it it also a crap movie.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 doubutsuteki

I really love that movie. Don't listen to the kids here that don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting, and clever editing.DrinkDuff

Apparently I don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting and clever editing. Oh, that's probably why I am big fan of Orson Welles (to name an example).

LB80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 LB80
Member since 2005 • 618 Posts
If you want too see a load of multicutural racists shouting at eachother for 2 hours, then go ahead.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16883 Posts
I hated that movie so much. It felt like an after-school special for adults.  They should have called "Racial Tolerance for Dummies."
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16883 Posts
[QUOTE="BloodTorment1"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="BloodTorment1"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

Yes I watched the movie. The movie wasn't about "OMG everyone's racist!!!" it was about what happens in a society of culturally diverse people and their mind frames.

Oh yeah, it's really hard to figure out what happens in a conflict situation.

It was about change. Matt Dillons character was a racist. But given the circumstances, his human side override his racist side and saved a black woman. One he even molested for that matter. It was an example of people change and how they get past their fears.

Yeah, and it made no sense at all. Matt Dillon's character changed dramatically without any explanation at all. It was incredibly silly. After being a complete nutjob and abusing the black woman sexually, for no apparent reason he suddenly decides to risk his life to save her. Explanation to his behaviour? No!

It showed how assumptions of different peple from you can be harmful. Sandra Bullock got afraid just because she saw to black men walking towards her. It was a blatant steryotpe she was reinforcing.

I know that. You know that - and I'm sure you knew before you watched the movie. But the movie does not explain the causes of those people's behaviour at all!

Turns out, her Caucasian friends never gave a damn about her. But there was one person who did care for her, her maid who also happened to be hispanic. Terrence Howard's character faced type casting and was forced to talk like a regular "black man" should talk. Senseless comments like those are what society accept.

It was all incredibly hillarious - it didn't make sense. The script was lousy! I could write a better one in my sleep.

What made this movie so great was it's fearlessness to expose peoples fears and flaws about race and culture. It had nothing to do with exploiting everyone as a racist.

That's the only thing it achieved; to show everyone being incredibly prejudiced, xenophobic or racist. Everyone in the movie was racist, and I mean everyone. It is in no way radical to unleash onto the world such utter trash as Crash - a superficial film which doesn't analyze the causes of the conflicts it is presenting us to, and which resists every chance to critisize other than single individuals. No attempts were made in the film to point at important factors in society causing tension and conflict between people of different races, nationalities, cultures etc. It blames single individuals - yet everyone seems to be a racist. So clearly, there must be something fundamentally wrong with society. "No", says Crash. "This is how we are as persons".

The subject of racism is important. Crash deals with it in a very irresponsible manner. And it it also a crap movie.

[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"]I really love that movie. Don't listen to the kids here that don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting, and clever editing.doubutsuteki

Apparently I don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting and clever editing. Oh, that's probably why I am big fan of Orson Welles (to name an example).

[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"]I really love that movie. Don't listen to the kids here that don't appreciate well-crafted scripts, phenomenal acting, and clever editing.doubutsuteki

If you want too see a load of multicutural racists shouting at eachother for 2 hours, then go ahead.LB80

Thank you. You've perfectly summed up how I felt about this film.
Dasc00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 Dasc00
Member since 2006 • 4308 Posts
I liked it. Wasn't over the top amazing, but still enjoyable.
PercivalCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PercivalCox
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts
It was a good movie.  Had to be R for language, some violence and nudity with Don Cheadle's butt and Jennifer Esposito's chest (Hot) during a quick sex scene.
FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
I haven't seen it.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
It's an unrealistic movie full of guttermouthed asses and only pushing the stereotypes it's portraying.
marolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#42 marolia
Member since 2004 • 4030 Posts
I heard that it won 3 Oscars.
GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts

I heard that it won 3 Oscars.marolia

That's a fact...well deserved, in my opinion.  :)

marolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 marolia
Member since 2004 • 4030 Posts

[QUOTE="marolia"]I heard that it won 3 Oscars.GameFreak315

That's a fact...well deserved, in my opinion. :)

Yep, this is my 3rd time seeing the film. :P

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 doubutsuteki

Thank you. You've perfectly summed up how I felt about this film. Hallenbeck77

I couldn't resist to bash the trash that is Crash. :o :P

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 doubutsuteki

It's an unrealistic movie full of guttermouthed asses and only pushing the stereotypes it's portraying.Greatgone12

So true! If the movie does anything, it makes you a racist! 

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 doubutsuteki

...and then it tries to be the cure for it's own sickness! Yes - strange as that might be.

As Hallenbeck77 also pointed out:

I hated that movie so much. It felt like an after-school special for adults. They should have called "Racial Tolerance for Dummies." Hallenbeck77

Although I'd go further and call it "Racial Tolerance for Racists". 

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I haven't heard of it. That says enough.Silchas

You haven't heard of it?! It won an Oscar for best picture. Whether you like it or not is all about preference, but you should've at least heard of it.