is chasing someone who is taken/engaged morally wrong?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

If you were really into a girl who happened to be taken or engaged, would you consider it wrong to continue the chase or do you think love is all that matters?

Have you ever been a home-wrecker yourself?

i think it's important not to lose hope and to chase your dreams.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Fell in love with a girl without knowing she got a boyfreind. I chased her for a long time losing myself. My advise would be its best to avoid girls or guys already engaged, even if the person reciprocates its best not to break another persons home.Think how would you feel if someone wishes to bone your girl. Liking someone is natural tho. Unless he or she is really having a bad relationship or is going to break up soon or getting a divorce and looking towards you as the saviour. One night stand , sex is also wrong with engaged people but many people don't let go of such oppurtinites ( depends on individual to individual or special cases where a partner can't satisfy sexually). Whatever you do, don't break anothers home as it will all come back to you eventually. Those who betray their partners will betray you also at some point. There are many single girls out there , even divorces or single moms.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

It's a bad decision that usually doesn't end well for anyone involved, which I suppose is basically the same thing as being immoral.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Utterly wrong !

Btw if u truly love some one u'd let her be happy even if that means she ain't gonna be with you ...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

no, girls love that shit, in fact I commonly hear the justification that women don't cheat, if someone is able to steal their hearts then it's the cuckold's fault for meeting her emotional needs and shit... so sure, women won't fault you for chasing them whether their in a commitment or not, but I imagine that violates some kind of dude code, so I guess the answer from my perspective comes down to whose perception of you (men/women) you value more

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

If the girl is happy with her current significant other and you still try to convince her to dump him for you then you have some issues. On the other hand, if she isn't happy and thinking about cheating then that relationship is already in trouble, whether it is you or somebody else.

One thing I would tell a guy doing what you are suggesting to consider is if she is willing to leave her current man for you then what is stopping her from leaving you for another man in the future when she is bored with you?

Yes, there may be exceptions, such as the woman may be in an abusive relationship and you're her ticket out of it or she is only dating the other person because of outside influences (arranged marriage, for example) but that isn't always going to be the case.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

As important as the virtue of the action itself is and where it stands on the morality spectrum, its largely irrelevant in comparison to the harm you'll be doing yourself first and foremost. Call it "never giving up on your dreams" or whatever other rationalization you can come up with, the end result is the same: it will bring you nothing but misery and you'll be the only one to be significantly hurt and incur a severe emotional loss. Other parties involved will be able to recover rather quickly and seamlessly in comparison, and to restore the relationship just as quickly. Even worse they'll restore it stronger than ever which would mean you were a scapegoat, a mere sacrifice through which their struggle and perceived incompatibility culminated only to be done away with in a glorious and final blow, a final blow that does away with you after having served your purpose in that specific epoch of theirs.
That's only one of many possible fucked up scenarios, and those are in abundance in this context. Have fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
@ad1x2 said:

If the girl is happy with her current significant other and you still try to convince her to dump him for you then you have some issues. On the other hand, if she isn't happy and thinking about cheating then that relationship is already in trouble, whether it is you or somebody else.

One thing I would tell a guy doing what you are suggesting to consider is if she is willing to leave her current man for you then what is stopping her from leaving you for another man in the future when she is bored with you?

Yes, there may be exceptions, such as the woman may be in an abusive relationship and you're her ticket out of it or she is only dating the other person because of outside influences (arranged marriage, for example) but that isn't always going to be the case.

Relationships are twisted when this is a possibility.

Do what you have to do as a man but prepare for her to leave you if it's that easy to leave a engagement.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

If your "dreams" are to break up a committed relationship that is in the midst of becoming a married one, then you need to get your priorities in order. I think it's selfishness on your part with total disregard for her and her man's feelings. There's millions of chicks to fall for who don't have a man. Think bigger. Leave the taken ones alone.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If she is one willing to venture outside her committed relationship, it's not really your fault

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

If they are married, yes. Before that is different.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

It's one thing to have her in the back of your mind, waiting for them to break up, maybe even encouraging her to end it. But actively pursuing a taken girl is a pretty s***tty thing to do.

Either way, I don't think it's worth doing - If you can't get her to cheat, then you won't have her; and if you can get her to cheat, then she isn't worth having.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14  Edited By coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

Yes it's wrong. Sure you can say 'it's important not to lose hope and to chase your dreams" but what if it was the other way around? If it was your girl and some guy keeps trying to be with her, how would you feel? Would you want him to not lose hope and chase his dreams? If that did happen, why would you still want to be with that person? If the girl did leave the guy, you can't really get upset if she does the same thing to you because she has already proven what she'll do. It's not worth it.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Depends on how well their significant other treats them IMO. If they are in a crap relationship and being mistreated and you show her/him how it's done then they might opt to ending their current relationship to pursue someone who would treat them right.

It's all in the details that make it either morally right or wrong. If they are happy then you should leave it be.

On a further note if he/she would cheat on their significant other with you then they would probably cheat on you with someone else as well.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Iszdope said:

Betrayer!

I spit on your grave.

Lol ...

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@indzman said:

Fell in love with a girl without knowing she got a boyfreind. I chased her for a long time losing myself. My advise would be its best to avoid girls or guys already engaged, even if the person reciprocates its best not to break another persons home.Think how would you feel if someone wishes to bone your girl. Liking someone is natural tho. Unless he or she is really having a bad relationship or is going to break up soon or getting a divorce and looking towards you as the saviour. One night stand , sex is also wrong with engaged people but many people don't let go of such oppurtinites ( depends on individual to individual or special cases where a partner can't satisfy sexually). Whatever you do, don't break anothers home as it will all come back to you eventually. Those who betray their partners will betray you also at some point. There are many single girls out there , even divorces or single moms.

Your very wise my friend, great answer.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

I don't know, TC. Let me make out with your current significant other and then you tell me what you think.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I was on the other end of this once. A man at my ex-wife's place of work was quite fond of her and was trying to pursue her a month after her and I were engaged. He knew who I was and knew we were engaged. I called him and told him to piss off and he just said 'what are you going to do about it, pussy?'.

So I showed up at his work and waited for him in the parking lot with a baseball bat in my hand. He listened that time.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I don't see any harm in trying,but if she clearly states that she is not interested then it's time to throw in the towel. If pursue afterwards I say you might need help or maybe you'll do something crazy.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

@plageus900 said:

I was on the other end of this once. A man at my ex-wife's place of work was quite fond of her and was trying to pursue her a month after her and I were engaged. He knew who I was and knew we were engaged. I called him and told him to piss off and he just said 'what are you going to do about it, pussy?'.

So I showed up at his work and waited for him in the parking lot with a baseball bat in my hand. He listened that time.

Please, tell us more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Morally wrong? Nope, everything is fair game when it comes to relationships/love.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Morally wrong? Nope, everything is fair game when it comes to relationships/love.

yeah, i agree with this.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

If there's a ring on his/her finger, it's wrong.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 plageus900

@sammyjenkis898 said:

@plageus900 said:

Please, tell us more.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@plageus900 said:

To be fair if I fancied your wife and you phoned me to "warn me off". I would tell you to **** off too. It was her responsibility to turn down another mans advances, no need to turn caveman and turn up in car parks swinging big sticks.

In fact if I were threatened with a weapon by a jealous fiancé It would totally remove any empathy I might have had for them as a husband to be. I would be thinking "dude was willing to hit me with a fucking baseball bat, sure as hell dont feel to guilty about chasing his wife now".

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 plageus900

@always_explicit: This never happened, I made it all up.