Is Big Hero 6 good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

And I don't mean just good like yeah sure whatever... I mean How To Train Your Dragon good. Like mindblowingly good. I haven't seen it yet and to see it in English I have to go to Barcelona, which is kinda a pain. So without any spoilers, is it gr9?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

No. Not as good as how to train your dragon. I didn't enjoy it that much.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

It wasn't bad. Took the little dude to see it and had a good enough time.

Not as good as How To Train Your Dragon, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I enjoyed it more than the first How To Train Your Dragon. It's a good film and very entertaining but at times is a little confused about what it wants to be. It's worth seeing though, the animation is lovely and San Fransokyo is one of the coolest fictional cities in a while.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Come on dude ! It takes place in SanFranTokyo ! Of course its good !

SanFranTokyo

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

I don't know why there are comparisons to How to Train your Dragon but whatever. I liked Big Hero 6. It was a pleasant surprise and yeah, I felt some feels at the end. If I had to compare, yes it's not as good as the first How to Train your Dragon but I'm not sure about the second one. I have to see it again to develop a proper opinion but I felt it was lacking something.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Catalli  Moderator

@drunk_pi said:

I don't know why there are comparisons to How to Train your Dragon but whatever. I liked Big Hero 6. It was a pleasant surprise and yeah, I felt some feels at the end. If I had to compare, yes it's not as good as the first How to Train your Dragon but I'm not sure about the second one. I have to see it again to develop a proper opinion but I felt it was lacking something.

Because HTTYD warmed my stone-cold heart, and I'm hoping Big Hero 6 does the same; the trailers make it seem that way!

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Catalli  Moderator

Thanks all, definitely gonna go see it now when I can! San Fransokyo has me intrigued now :D

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

@drunk_pi said:

Because HTTYD warmed my stone-cold heart, and I'm hoping Big Hero 6 does the same; the trailers make it seem that way!

I need to read the thread topic fully next time lol.

I liked it. It was a good animated movie with plenty of action, some mystery, and some heartfelt moments. You'll probably like it.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

define "good".

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

I saw it and would consider it a pretty good movie, but not super duper epic awesome and/or out of this world great.

Figure I should also throw out a warning that there may be a couple of sad moments in the movie though.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I could see it winning awards for animated movie of the year. I enjoyed it more than lego movie and I thought it was slightly better then how to train your dragon 2.. (not the 1st one though).

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

I've seen this and both dragon movies. I liked all of them, not sure if i can say which one is better than the others though. Seen both dragon movies several times but only once for Big Hero 6 but i will say i remember being somewhat annoyed by the supporting characters in BH6. I felt stronger emotions from BH6 than the dragon films.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Catalli  Moderator

@Allicrombie said:

define "good".

"Like mindblowingly good"... c'mon isn't that enough? :p

@ferrari2001 said:

I could see it winning awards for animated movie of the year. I enjoyed it more than lego movie and I thought it was slightly better then how to train your dragon 2.. (not the 1st one though).

I wasn't really impressed by the lego movie honestly. It had its moments but in general I found it lacking... the humour wasn't as good as I expected it to be

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

Welp... watched the movie and fell in love with the entire first half of it, and all the tear-jerking moments in the second half, though I kinda felt like it sooooorta went downhill in the second half (though not too much, I'd say).