Is anyone excited about Hercules (2014 film)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

Is anyone excited about the up and coming Hollywood depiction of the Greek mythological character, Hercules? Though not as excited for it as I am for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Transformers: Age of Extinction, I'm still very excited for it. I want to see how well The Rock does in this role and whether his acting will be cheesy or just plain bad. What do you guys think?

Also, the first, official trailer has been released. Check it out below. It's followed by my review of it.

#2 Posted by Iszdope (9401 posts) -

Please refrain from advertising as it is considered disruptive.

Fanks.

#3 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

I'm too used to Rock being a douche-like character from his WWE days and in most of his movies. Taking the role of an ancient greek mythological hero might have me laughing more that actually taking him seriously. Spent too many years being that character Dwayne... Too many years.

#4 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10039 posts) -

i dislike mythologies of any kind so no.

#5 Posted by alim298 (1009 posts) -

Next Conan no doubt

#6 Edited by lamprey263 (22426 posts) -

Looks a lot better than that other one which was a critical and commercial failure.

I like the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as an actor, in some stuff anyways, this movie seems right for him, don't always care for the movies he's been in but I still like what he brings to them.

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (6831 posts) -

Always liked the rock as well mate. Kinda like Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger in that every movie he's in, he's basically himself carried by the fact he has a strong screen presence.

#8 Posted by RadecSupreme (4603 posts) -

I'll check out this movie. I like Greek Mythology and the earlier Hercules flick that came out this year was trash.

#9 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

I'll check out this movie. I like Greek Mythology and the earlier Hercules flick that came out this year was trash.

There are so many blockbusters coming out this year.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

2. Transformers: Age of Extinction

3. Hercules

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past

5. Godzilla

6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

And many more. Damn!

#10 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

The rock laying the smackdown on a bunch of monsters for an hour and a half, I'm in.

#11 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (325 posts) -

WOW, he almost look like Kevin Sorbo from the original Hercules T.V show back in the early/late 90's becasue of that pic, he has the look from the good old days of Kevin Sorbo. If they bring back Hercules the legendary journeys in today's standard, I recommand Dwayne for that role. Sure I'll check this movie out.

#12 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

WOW, he almost look like Kevin Sorbo from the original Hercules T.V show back in the early/late 90's becasue of that pic, he has the look from the good old days of Kevin Sorbo. If they bring back Hercules the legendary journeys in today's standard, I recommand Dwayne for that role. Sure I'll check this movie out.

He looks nothing like Kevin Sorbo.

#13 Edited by lostrib (31532 posts) -

Do you really need to create a thread every time you make a video?

#14 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9269 posts) -

looks lame and The Rock shouldnt be in it.

and stop promoting your shit up in here.

#15 Edited by uninspiredcup (6831 posts) -

@lostrib said:

If it's an interesting topic I don't see the problem personally. If the video was basically just him trying to sell shit or make money, sure. While it obviously does have an element of self promotion, the video is basically a topic being discussions through verbal rather than text.

#16 Edited by lostrib (31532 posts) -

@lostrib said:

If it's an interesting topic I don't see the problem personally. If the video was basically just him trying to sell shit or make money, sure. While it obviously does have an element of self promotion, the video is basically a topic being discussions through verbal rather than text.

I thought you hated people who wanted to be youtube stars

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (6831 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

I hate people who try to be youtube stars with "cynical"/"angry" gimmicks and try to be funny using wacky voices like it's comedy. This dude is basically just sharing his opinion while sitting on a chair.

#18 Posted by Flubbbs (2806 posts) -

no

#19 Edited by gameofthering (9956 posts) -

I came into to say that I thought it looked bad but I never knew that there were actually two Hercules movies. This one with the rock looks better.

#20 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

I hate people who try to be youtube stars with "cynical"/"angry" gimmicks and try to be funny using wacky voices like it's comedy. This dude is basically just sharing his opinion while sitting on a chair.

Wow! LMAO!

#21 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16133 posts) -

#22 Posted by hippiesanta (9732 posts) -

why so many blacks take over white roles nowadays??

#23 Edited by Master_Live (13614 posts) -

No.

#24 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

The Rock is not Black. He's Black and Samoan; there's a difference.

#25 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20796 posts) -

I can only hope it'll be just as good as the Scorpion King!

#26 Posted by quebec946 (1314 posts) -

kratos kicked his ass in god of war 3.

#27 Posted by hippiesanta (9732 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

The Rock is not Black. He's Black and Samoan; there's a difference.

yes me love ... I know that .... but like barack obama ..... still black .... according to oprah

#28 Posted by Detroit222 (5272 posts) -

I enjoyed him in the Scorpion King and am looking forward to Hercules.

#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149475 posts) -

No interest at all....

#30 Posted by uninspiredcup (6831 posts) -

I can only hope it'll be just as good as the Scorpion King!

Dat CGI.

#32 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

Nope