Is a windows phone device worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emb4
Member since 2010 • 441 Posts

Specifically an HTC HD7s

is this a good phone to get? or no

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
They're good phones, but they don't have the developer support iOS and Android have, so no.
emb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emb4
They're good phones, but they don't have the developer support iOS and Android have, so no.cd_rom
By deleveloper support do you mean apps?
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
[QUOTE="cd_rom"]They're good phones, but they don't have the developer support iOS and Android have, so no.emb4
By deleveloper support do you mean apps?

Yes. They're literally can't pay developers to make apps for it. They hold around 3% of the entire market or something ridiculous like that so it's not worth the investment. Windows 8 phones may change that, but as of right now nothing.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I've got one and love it. I guess it depends what you want to do with it. I don't find that there aren't apps, as some of the ones they do have are very high-quality, like USA Today. But I'd wait for the Mango devices to come out in the next weeks/months, like the HTC Titan or Radar.
Avatar image for blackacidevil96
blackacidevil96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blackacidevil96
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts

ive found they have picked up more steam, wait for them to get out of this first generation run though before diving in. i guess it depends on what you use your phone for really.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I have a Windows Phone 7 (now with the 7.5 "Mango" update) and I love it. Yeah it doesn't have as many apps as iPhones or Androids, but the app Marketplace isn't dead at all. There's plenty to find there and it's growing everyday. I love the style and design of the Windows phone operating system and the music player is basically a Zune inside your phone, which is also really nice.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bluezy
I have a Windows Phone 7 (now with the 7.5 "Mango" update) and I love it. Yeah it doesn't have as many apps as iPhones or Androids, but the app Marketplace isn't dead at all. There's plenty to find there and it's growing everyday. I love the style and design of the Windows phone operating system and the music player is basically a Zune inside your phone, which is also really nice. Chojuto
You're cool. I like you.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
[QUOTE="Chojuto"]I have a Windows Phone 7 (now with the 7.5 "Mango" update) and I love it. Yeah it doesn't have as many apps as iPhones or Androids, but the app Marketplace isn't dead at all. There's plenty to find there and it's growing everyday. I love the style and design of the Windows phone operating system and the music player is basically a Zune inside your phone, which is also really nice. bluezy
You're cool. I like you.

=D thank you. Which phone do you have? I have the HTC Surround.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bluezy
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="Chojuto"]I have a Windows Phone 7 (now with the 7.5 "Mango" update) and I love it. Yeah it doesn't have as many apps as iPhones or Androids, but the app Marketplace isn't dead at all. There's plenty to find there and it's growing everyday. I love the style and design of the Windows phone operating system and the music player is basically a Zune inside your phone, which is also really nice. Chojuto
You're cool. I like you.

=D thank you. Which phone do you have? I have the HTC Surround.

I also have the Surround :D
xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
One of my managers used to have a WP7 phone, and he liked it (though I think went back to an iphone). I just can't stand the way the OS spreads across the screen text goes out of the viewing area until you scroll!! haha. It's a small thing, but my OCD won't let me buy a WP7 phone for that reason alone
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
I also really like the layout and interface of the Windows 7 Mango phones. Its by far the most appealing and professional in my opinion. I'm considering getting a Droid Bionic soon, or just waiting for the next generation of Windows phones to come out. Similar to what bluezy said though, its probably smarter to wait, than to spring now
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Only if you do everything with your Windows 7-based PC (including GFWL) and Xbox. The alternate platform integration is the only thing the Windows phone offers that is worth the investment over Android.
emb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emb4

ive found they have picked up more steam, wait for them to get out of this first generation run though before diving in. i guess it depends on what you use your phone for really.

blackacidevil96
when does this generation end?
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I really like the UI of Windows Phone. They are good quality products but there are only a limited number of apps available for the market. Until their market share increases I don't expect to see a huge increase in these shares. Although it still has great style, they are rather nice.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bluezy
[QUOTE="blackacidevil96"]

emb4
when does this generation end?

Very soon. This fall will see the release of new HTC phones (Titan and Radar) to kick off the second gen devices.
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
I really like the UI of Windows Phone. They are good quality products but there are only a limited number of apps available for the market. Until their market share increases I don't expect to see a huge increase in these shares. Although it still has great style, they are rather nice. ferrari2001
I have to agree with this. I really like the UI but the lack of app support (in comparison to iOS, Android) is putting me off for the moment. But I will probably go to WP one day.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#18 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I have an LG Quantum with the new 7.5 Mango update. I love my phone, I knew that I wasn't going to be getting as many apps as the iPhone but I love the interface and the Xbox Live integration.
EsYuGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EsYuGee
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

I'm waiting for the Nokia 800 to come out before I get one.Come on Nokia! Hurry it up! I can'twait much longer. If I were you though, I wouldn't get and HD7. The screen is the worst of all the Windows phones, color wise. I was actually surprised at how much I liked the Dell Venue though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
i got a windows phone. i love how open source windows mobile 6 was. windows phone is microsoft attempt of an eye candy like iphone. the apps and everything are easy to acess and run smooth. theres a lot of apps on the marketplace. a lot of cool games. its easy to download music and videos straight to the phone from the marketplace. xbox features is basically useless and you cant sync music from windows phone to the xbox360. as a phone it txt and calls smoothly. internet depends on service provider. app store isn't like apples where every website now a days has a useless website app. the phone can open and edit microsoft word and excel which is why i stay wit windows phone