iPod Nano A yes or A no?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by henriktx (1445 posts) -
i have some spare cash so i was wondering if i should get an iPod Nano. Are there any problems with it that any of u guys have encountered with it? if so what? I am a big Mac fan so i am ready to buy an iPod.
#2 Posted by PierSkillz (2952 posts) -
I have one and no problems so far 5 months +
#3 Posted by Owned_Noob (2136 posts) -
No you should get a zune
#4 Posted by atrain4 (1408 posts) -
I have an iPod Video and you should save the extra 100 dallors and get it. Trust me it's worth the wait.
#5 Posted by slorg_king (11269 posts) -
No you should get a zuneOwned_Noob
Don't, get a Nano.
#6 Posted by LUI360 (1790 posts) -
Amen to that.
#7 Posted by henriktx (1445 posts) -
[QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zuneslorg_king
Don't, get a Nano.

i heard those things stink
#8 Posted by Film-Guy (26778 posts) -
dont get a nano, or a zune. both are mediocre. the best to get is either a cowon D2, Cowon X5 or a creative zen vision M
#9 Posted by LUI360 (1790 posts) -
[QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zunehenriktx
Don't, get a Nano.

i heard those things suck

They don't, Nanos suck. Zunes can play videos, pictures, have 3 in. screens, have FM radio, giant album art, and music sharing. Nanos only have music and pictures.
#10 Posted by Dasc00 (4308 posts) -
Get the Zen V Plus. You get so much more for a lower price....geez, stop saying the zune. The thing sucks. You're so restricted.
#11 Posted by Dasc00 (4308 posts) -
[QUOTE="henriktx"][QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zuneLUI360
Don't, get a Nano.

They don't, Nanos suck. Zunes can play videos, pictures, have 3 in. screens, have FM radio, giant album art, and music sharing. Nanos only have music and pictures.

Yeah and the Zen V plus has all that, but smaller.
#12 Posted by Dasc00 (4308 posts) -
There's also the Rico...or soemthing. Haven't gotten to much into that. FFS don't waste money. Get the Creative, or anything besides the Ipod or Zune. Anything but those.
#13 Posted by ice_radon (70347 posts) -
There are really no problems with it, and if you dont have a huge music collection, like more than 5-10 gigs prolly just get a nano. But they are great the new ones are super durable too as far as body/shell strength.
#14 Posted by LUI360 (1790 posts) -
[QUOTE="LUI360"][QUOTE="henriktx"][QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zuneDasc00
Don't, get a Nano.

I didn't know the Zen has wi-fi and a 3 in screen. Maybe thats because........................it doesnt.
#15 Posted by Stupid-Bastard (3242 posts) -
For an extra fifty dollars you can get a real iPod.
#16 Posted by Owned_Noob (2136 posts) -
dont get a nano, or a zune. both are mediocre. the best to get is either a cowon D2, Cowon X5 or a creative zen vision MFilm-Guy
hahah...no dont get those trust me a zune is worth every penny.
#17 Posted by DJ-PRIME90 (11292 posts) -
I have one, only problem is that I think the battery is starting to ware out, but you just gotta be careful about when you want to charge it and the battery will last you longer.
#18 Posted by Dasc00 (4308 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dasc00"][QUOTE="LUI360"][QUOTE="henriktx"][QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zuneLUI360
Don't, get a Nano.

I didn't know the Zen has wi-fi and a 3 in screen. Maybe thats because........................it doesnt.

Didn't notice the Wi-fi....you need that to sample music right? Between two users?....kind of pointless though, if you can find another person with the zune. The V's does have a smaller screen, but if you want a bigger one then get the Zen Vision M.
#19 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -

Depends what you'll use it for. The Nano is a lot more portable than the big iPod, and it can take a beating. The regular iPod is not something you want to toss around. Ever.

So yeah, if you carry it everywhere with you, do a lot of exercise while listening to music, get a Nano. Otherwise get an iPod Video and ignore all the fingerprints it accumulates.

I have one of the new Nanos, and my girlfriend has an iPod Video. Hers is nicer - hell, it stores ways more stuff and can play videos - but mine has twice the battery life and can be chewed if you so wish.

#20 Posted by SymphonicWaves (832 posts) -
Zune has all sorts of format issues. Go for the nano.
#21 Posted by stick_dudetct (1162 posts) -
[QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zuneslorg_king
Don't, get a Nano.

don't get a video
#22 Posted by akamaru64 (1436 posts) -
No, get a sansa e200 instead, it's slightly bigger than nano, replaceable battery, fm radio, video, pictures, long ass battery life, nice album art, and if you get the rhapsody version you can have subscription music on the go. Sansa>zen>zune>ipod
#23 Posted by SymphonicWaves (832 posts) -
[QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="Owned_Noob"]No you should get a zunestick_dudetct
Don't, get a Nano.

don't get a video

Video is good is you need the space.
#24 Posted by Hershey07 (5634 posts) -
An ipod is well worth your money, carry mine everywhere I go.
#25 Posted by not_grape (2156 posts) -
Creative Zen Vision: M!
#26 Posted by Dasc00 (4308 posts) -
Creative Zen Vision: M!not_grape
!
#27 Posted by Trippinskott (1142 posts) -
If you're a Macintosh fan, then buy one. If not, and you're still considering an iPod, spend an extra few bucks on the 30GB models and not the 8GB Nano's... because why get 8GB when you can get 30GB for the same price...? With 8GB you can hold like 2000 songs, with 30GB you can hold like 7,500, and chances are you don't even know 7,500 songs so with your extra space use it as a spare drive or backup, that's what I do anyway. And the video iPod's hold hella pictures.
#28 Posted by puremage1209 (1960 posts) -
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONON ONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#29 Posted by TigerFangRed (1928 posts) -

Depends what you'll use it for. The Nano is a lot more portable than the big iPod, and it can take a beating. The regular iPod is not something you want to toss around. Ever.

So yeah, if you carry it everywhere with you, do a lot of exercise while listening to music, get a Nano. Otherwise get an iPod Video and ignore all the fingerprints it accumulates.

I have one of the new Nanos, and my girlfriend has an iPod Video. Hers is nicer - hell, it stores ways more stuff and can play videos - but mine has twice the battery life and can be chewed if you so wish.

DJ_Lae
nicely put, especially the "can be chewed if you wish"...my friend eliot did that to his...not a smart move, but didnt damage it
#30 Posted by TigerFangRed (1928 posts) -
An ipod is well worth your money, carry mine everywhere I go.Hershey07
that's an amazing sig, i like
#31 Posted by Diesel_Cappuccino (3543 posts) -
I would rather get the video...but if you don't have all that many songs and want something small and light, Nano is definately the way to go.
#32 Posted by EboyLOL (5358 posts) -
Save for an iPod video. The money you have to save makes it completely worth getting all that extra space.
#33 Posted by CHAOSWEAV3R (8293 posts) -
Zune is the way to go.
#34 Posted by SunJian18 (1222 posts) -

I have an iPod Video and you should save the extra 100 dallors and get it. Trust me it's worth the wait.atrain4

Exactly.

I got a Nano, hated how small it was, how little music it held, and the way it felt like it was going to shatter if I ever dropped it.  So, I returned it, and put out an extra hundred for a REAL iPod.  28 extra gigs for 100 bucks, not bad if you ask me.  AND video compatibilty.

The Nano only costs so much because it's "in" right now, and it's more aesthetically pleasing to the general public.  But if you have big hands like myself, you won't like cramping your fingers up using it, lol.

#35 Posted by R0cky_Racc00n (5088 posts) -
Don't get a nano. They are way overpriced. The only ipod worth getting is a video, those are top of the line quality stuff. You can get other quality items that are better than a nano for the same price from other parties like Creative.
#36 Posted by kolobus11 (12981 posts) -
Creative Zen Vision: M is the only way to go.
#37 Posted by not_grape (2156 posts) -
Creative Zen Vision: M is the only way to go.kolobus11
*high fives*
#38 Posted by Shadow_Elite192 (796 posts) -
Yes ipod nano is nice i own one :D.
#39 Posted by -InsrtNameHere- (2981 posts) -
I have one and no problems so farPierSkillz
same
#40 Posted by Blu_Falcon37 (4041 posts) -
If you just want a music player, then yes
#41 Posted by The___OoofMich (1327 posts) -
i'd save up $100 more dollars and get the 30gb instead
#42 Posted by coolgamer6 (5335 posts) -
yeah you should get the nano
#43 Posted by SymphonicWaves (832 posts) -

[QUOTE="atrain4"]I have an iPod Video and you should save the extra 100 dallors and get it. Trust me it's worth the wait.SunJian18

Exactly.

I got a Nano, hated how small it was, how little music it held, and the way it felt like it was going to shatter if I ever dropped it. So, I returned it, and put out an extra hundred for a REAL iPod. 28 extra gigs for 100 bucks, not bad if you ask me. AND video compatibilty.

The Nano only costs so much because it's "in" right now, and it's more aesthetically pleasing to the general public. But if you have big hands like myself, you won't like cramping your fingers up using it, lol.

Getting video's from anywhere but itunes though is a big hassle. And really, who wants to watch anything on a screen smaller then those of portable DVD players?
#44 Posted by SunJian18 (1222 posts) -
[QUOTE="SunJian18"]

[QUOTE="atrain4"]I have an iPod Video and you should save the extra 100 dallors and get it. Trust me it's worth the wait.SymphonicWaves

Exactly.

I got a Nano, hated how small it was, how little music it held, and the way it felt like it was going to shatter if I ever dropped it. So, I returned it, and put out an extra hundred for a REAL iPod. 28 extra gigs for 100 bucks, not bad if you ask me. AND video compatibilty.

The Nano only costs so much because it's "in" right now, and it's more aesthetically pleasing to the general public. But if you have big hands like myself, you won't like cramping your fingers up using it, lol.

Getting video's from anywhere but itunes though is a big hassle. And really, who wants to watch anything on a screen smaller then those of portable DVD players?

The main reason it's better is all the extra memory really.  I only have one movie on my iPod, but I just put it on there because I could, lol.  Legend of the Drunken Master, I watch it at work sometimes when I'm bored.

But I agree, if the deciding factor for someone is the fact that it can play video, it would be dumb.  For me, it was just a cool little extra.

#45 Posted by Film-Guy (26778 posts) -
[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]dont get a nano, or a zune. both are mediocre. the best to get is either a cowon D2, Cowon X5 or a creative zen vision MOwned_Noob
hahah...no dont get those trust me a zune is worth every penny.

have you ever used a cowon MP3 player? They have the best sound quality around, best audio and video support, and great battery life on most of their players. Creative have the zen vision M which is better than teh ipod imo.
#46 Posted by greenleaflink (3686 posts) -
IPOD is amazing PODCASTS! i love ipod infact id get a ibook
#47 Posted by MAGD_Excile (6 posts) -
I bought a Philips Go Gear 30GB off of amazon for £100 and its better than an Ipod, try something differetn because belive me you will grow to hate the Itunes software it comes with. With my Go Gear i can just sychronise all my songs via windows media player 10 (11 sucks) and its so unbeliviable easy and fast to do. So no dont buy an ipod nano, but do if you want to look "cool".
#48 Posted by nintendo_ds_06 (2657 posts) -
ive had mine for over a year (christmas 2005) and mine works perfectly :)
#49 Posted by DarKre (9529 posts) -
No. Its to damn small, my hands are too big, and its annoying to use.
#50 Posted by xxQuadropwnedxx (2201 posts) -
do it do it do it