Intideppressants...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

Long story short, went through a really tough time dealing with a job that put unbelievable amount of stress on me.

And my parents (but things are good now)

It all fucked me up...really bad(anxiety)

Went to counseling, helped A LOT

Then developed symptoms, loss of balence, a lot of fatigue and more.. My doctor came to the conclusion that I was dealing with anxiety and depression, so I manned up, more counseling, more confidence, more good stuff, and half of my symptoms were gone.

I asked the Doc. why all my sysmptoms weren't gone.

He clarified that depression is a lack of serotonin, and I was dealing primarily with anxiety, so I was okay, but I was using too much too fast and prescribed me fluoxitine, which I didn't know was an AD

Otherwise I would've said NO.

So here's the thing, the Doc, wants to use it to treat and level my anxiety while I go to counseling an all.

But is it really worth taking? (10mg or something) I know I could use this to maybe excel in even more confidence and clear head for counseling, and let my head heal, but is it really gonna heal or do long term damage?

I'm really against medicine but I just need opinions or experiences.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

I have no advice. Never took an AD or been clinically depressed. Just wanted to know, because I am ignorant, what an intideppressant is?

Sorry for not having any advice, mostly the title drew me in.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

So your doctor recommends you take something and you come to gamespot asking us if you should listen to your doctor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

So your doctor recommends you take something and you come to gamespot asking us if you should listen to your doctor.

Doctors aren't always correct. But neither are forum users.

I don't think anyone can answer that question apart from yourself, op.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Evdne971

I don't really trust doctors from anything other than their ability to diagnose.

You should also know this from the fact that Big Pharmecudicales aren't out to give what people need.

I just wanted an opinion to see if there might be something I havnt concididered.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

If counseling is helping you "a lot" why not just stick with that? I would avoid the pills unless you really need it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Jennifer Lawrence is so cute and hot.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Evdne971

And to BYOF

Antidepressants are to treat... well deppression.

There is a chemical that is produced in your brain called serotonin, which is in charge of a few emotions, along with body temperature regulation (keeping you from getting too hot

There are other very complicated depressions, if you will.

This particular antidepressant I am taking stimulates these neurons to produce the correct amount of serotonin.

There are other intidperessants but they do other, more complicated things.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

If your worried then see another doc and read up on natural cures. Personally I am against drugs as they have many side effect and are treatments not cures.Live a healthy lifestyle. Eat right , exercise your mind and body. Also surround yourself with positive people. I also think a good spiritual life is a strong defense for most mental problems and balances you emotionally.

I wish you all the best and hope you feel better good luck.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10  Edited By Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

If you doubt your doctor, then go to a different one for a second opinion.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Jennifer Lawrence is so cute and hot.

Not to mention awesome. Best press question and answers ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Believe in yourself the individual soul within the body brings light. Honestly, everyones opinion including mine is to decieve the mind from the personal truth you believe in.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

During college I ended up with a psychiatrist that wanted to prescribe me anti-depressants. My experience with anti-depressants is they made me worse off, horrible side effects, inability to sleep, bigger mood swings, hot flashes in the night, excessive sweating, greater irritability, racing thoughts, lack of concentration. And coming off of them was worse. Luckily I found refuge in self prescribed pseudoephedrine which at the time was cheap and over the counter. By the time they did away with over the counter pseudoephedrine I was a lot better off anyways so it was no biggy.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Evdne971

Thanks guys for your opinions.

I'm not a mess or anything, and these are very common minimal dose antidepressants with minor to no side effects, not being as hungry is the only one I've been getting for like an hour

This is not going to be a solution, it'll be a tool to get more from counseling, for 6 months only, increasing the dose is not going to be even considered.

I am highly against antidepressants, but the pros is outweighing the cons by a lot.

Again I didn't expect any answers, just opinions.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Worst case scenario? You try the pills and they don't work for your and/or have adverse side-effects, then you stop taking them. It's worth it to at least try it until you find something that works for you.