Internet or cable?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by TF626 (592 posts) -

If you had one choice what would it be? For me it's pretty simple, the Internet. I don't watch nearly as much TV as I use to nowadays.

#2 Posted by KHAndAnime (13087 posts) -

Internet gets you pretty much anything and everything that you can see on Cable, so...

#3 Posted by Postmortem123 (7561 posts) -

Internet, I don't even have a TV.

#4 Edited by Stranger_36 (454 posts) -

Internet. Don't watch much TV at all.

#5 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7884 posts) -

Internet for sure. If it wasn't for my wife wanting it I wouldn't have tv

#6 Posted by Master_Live (13475 posts) -

Internet.

#7 Posted by Celldrax (14527 posts) -

I never watch actual TV.

Choice is pretty simple for me.

#8 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (7686 posts) -

Internet any day. I watch all my TV online now.

#9 Edited by Byshop (10905 posts) -

I cancelled my cable years ago and put that money back into a business class internet connection for my house instead. Between Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime Instant Video and my Plex server, I pretty much have no need for local cable. The only drawbacks are I can't "channel surf" anymore and live sports can be difficult, but the few sports I follow offer online streaming so it's not an issue for me.

-Byshop

#10 Posted by Serraph105 (27530 posts) -

The internet is really a two for one deal.

Well more like a six for one deal what with web surfing, free news, music, tv, games, and software. Admittedly though I do miss channel surfing.

#11 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7187 posts) -

Internet, now if theres a way to make it like a tv like playing a random ep or random fave show.

#12 Posted by ernie1989 (8547 posts) -

Internet.

#13 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Internet, if their was a way I can watch sports on there cable wouldn't even be in the equation. I already have Netflix, I'm looking to add Hulu to the arsenal soon.

#14 Posted by andyleigh (32 posts) -

Internet. I'm hoping the days of cable companies are over soon.

#15 Posted by XVision84 (13623 posts) -

Internet, easily. Anything you watch on cable can be found online.

#16 Edited by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

Internet. But TV is better for watching sports cuz of HD

#17 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28873 posts) -

Internet and it's not even close.

#18 Posted by Laihendi (5800 posts) -

How is this even a question? Cable gives you access to new shows the moment they are released and it comes with multiple 24 hour news services.

#19 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12586 posts) -

@Laihendi said:

How is this even a question? Cable gives you access to new shows the moment they are released and it comes with multiple 24 hour news services.

Internet gives you access to movies and games before they are released, so there.

Internet for me. Hardly ever turn my TV on, and the 19 free over-the-air channels I get are more than enough.

#20 Edited by hippiesanta (9711 posts) -

cable TV is dead to me .... just stop their service on May .... no time to watch schedule show......... internet all the way

#21 Edited by sukraj (21430 posts) -

Internet

#22 Edited by nicecall (428 posts) -

if its really fast and unlimited bandwidth, internet for sure. you can download anything pretty much.

#23 Posted by Dogswithguns (10656 posts) -

Internet.. I don't have cable or TV of anykind anymore since any long time now.

#24 Posted by LexLas (4149 posts) -

@TF626 said:

If you had one choice what would it be? For me it's pretty simple, the Internet. I don't watch nearly as much TV as I use to nowadays.

Internet, never a doubt. YOu can actually watch tv online, Netflix, and other sources. CAble would never be first in my book.

#25 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Cable.

#26 Posted by Jd1680a (5891 posts) -

Internet. Once in a while a good TV show I really like comes on. If I went with Cable and got HD service like I can on netflix or amazon, I would then have to spend $100 a month just to be able to watch the one show I like. Cable is not cost effective for me.

#27 Posted by GazaAli (22384 posts) -

Internet is pretty much superior in every possible way there is no contest here. It gives you access to anything, and I mean ANYTHING that is out there however you want it and whenever you do. Also, if you're a freelancer like me you get it all for free so there is that too.

No matter what cable provider you're subscribed to and no matter how much you pay for said subscription, it never lives to the availability, convenience and even the economic aspect of the Internet. The only thing that is keeping cable relevant is sports and with time when high-bandwidth Internet is the norm, cable will even lose that.

#28 Posted by GazaAli (22384 posts) -

@Laihendi said:

I have that already using the Internet with the added bonus of watching those new shows whenever the hell I want to. Oh and no ads or anything too.