Instagram post causes man to be charged with 142 felonies

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ad1x2 (5621 posts) -

Behold, how common sense isn't common.

Dupree Johnson, 19, decided that it was a good idea to post a picture on his Instragram of him holding two pistols. This was despite him already having a record that included several felonies.

A sheriff saw the picture and as a result of the picture a search warrant was issued for Johnson's home. During the search around $250,000 worth of stolen property was found.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by chicknfeet (15628 posts) -

I have some choice words for this idiot, but I don't want to get suspended for speaking my mind. All I will say is that he appears to be a person that does not make very many positive life choices.

#3 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

@chicknfeet said:

I have some choice words for this idiot, but I don't want to get suspended for speaking my mind. All I will say is that he appears to be a person that does not make very many positive life choices.

Were they racist words or something?

#4 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

I get the feeling Mr. Johnson is taking the wrong path in life.

#5 Edited by Celldrax (14607 posts) -

Once again, stupidity prevails.

#6 Edited by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

Lol this is funny.

#7 Posted by andyleigh (32 posts) -

He may be fined a lot of money, but there's still a chance he'll add to the gene pool. And that's when everyone loses.

#8 Edited by chicknfeet (15628 posts) -

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@chicknfeet said:

I suppose most people would consider them racist words, though in this case, their literal definition would be appropriate.

#9 Posted by dominer (3316 posts) -

I didn't even know there were over 50 felonies.

#10 Edited by dave123321 (34075 posts) -

@chicknfeet: just say them anyway

#11 Posted by plageus900 (1063 posts) -

Did he think he could 'go hard' on instagram without anyone seeing?

#12 Posted by lostrib (37020 posts) -

@dominer said:

yeah, it should be felony counts. Not 142 different felonies

#13 Edited by chicknfeet (15628 posts) -

@plageus900: He probably assumed his 3 followers wouldn't say anything

#14 Posted by ad1x2 (5621 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@dominer said:

yeah, it should be felony counts. Not 142 different felonies

That was the original idea for the title but Gamespot has their 60 character limit on topic titles in effect.

#15 Edited by Master_Live (14647 posts) -

And that is that.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (23954 posts) -

seems excessive, this is a rather heavy handed way in making people accept plea deals

#17 Edited by Flubbbs (3094 posts) -

im sure his brutha eric holder will have the charges dropped or somthing

#18 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

lol

#19 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

He's 19? dude looks around 35.

#20 Posted by plageus900 (1063 posts) -

@LittleMac19 said:

He's 19? dude looks around 35.

Putting in work for the hood takes a toll on your body.

#21 Posted by Master_Live (14647 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

You know how brotha's roll.

#22 Posted by Netret0120 (2159 posts) -

People like him give the stereotype that people of the black ethnicity are thieves and crooks. I would say my mind but I don't want to be suspended:-P

LMFAO!! Though. Common sense isn't common.

#23 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

Reminds me of a Facebook friend I have that has a picture with a stack of weed, a little bit of haxixe, some white powder on the table (but might just be sugar or anything), a gun and some bullets.

#24 Posted by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

Taking pictures has ruined lives

#25 Posted by KeepClearx (59 posts) -

just another day in the ghetto, at least he looks happy

#26 Posted by Evdne971 (243 posts) -

Dat weapon doe!!!

Ooo he got dat fire!!!

#27 Edited by FinalFighters (1483 posts) -

growing up in the ghetto will do that to you.

#28 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151076 posts) -

Hahahaha.....too funny.

#29 Posted by awesome3496 (2162 posts) -

Someone took stupid to a new level.

#30 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Holy shit he had a quarter million dollars of stolen stuff? That's a lot.

#31 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

This is why we should bring back beheading's

#32 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (3899 posts) -

how do you steal 250,000 dollars worth of stuff? That just seems amazing that he pulled that off.

#33 Posted by plageus900 (1063 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

how do you steal 250,000 dollars worth of stuff? That just seems amazing that he pulled that off.

Putting in work son.

#34 Edited by thebest31406 (3377 posts) -

@chicknfeet said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@chicknfeet said:

I suppose most people would consider them racist words, though in this case, their literal definition would be appropriate.

A moderator who wants to share a racist view but won't because it may undermine his position. So in essence, we have a racist moderator. That certainly sheds light on a few things.

#35 Posted by one_plum (6355 posts) -

Instafail

#36 Posted by TheHighWind (3813 posts) -

I can't believe he's 19 and has that many felonies. What a way to start out in life. He must have done a lot as a teen and was charged as an adult. I know there are a few crimes where they can do that, but damn, 142 felonies and only 19 years old?

#37 Posted by Jd1680a (5941 posts) -

The stolen property found would probably be thrown out because it wasn't the scope part of the search warrant.

To think that Instantagram is a popular social media website, that COPS wouldnt be watching was a big mistake. Good thing the COPS were to get this convicted felon off the the streets who had guns.

#38 Edited by chicknfeet (15628 posts) -

@thebest31406:

/facepalm...so according to you, it's wrong of me to be ashamed of my own people. Very well. I think this guy is the perfect role model for any black male in America. In essence, you want me to be supportive of this guy. Glad to know we have people that support stupidity.

#40 Edited by chicknfeet (15628 posts) -

@dave123321: Ugh, the damn posts are buggy. OK so not exactly what i posted before...

So yeah, that's fair. I am happy to share my views if asked. Just don't make the assumptions and conclusions to such an extreme degree with minimal information

#41 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

my guess is that he was a fence.

#42 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

What a bad criminal... like literally he sucks at doing what he probably did best at.

#43 Posted by whipassmt (14028 posts) -

I guess this is a good thing, now that he did that the stolen property is recovered, the guns were probably seized and hopefully this man will re-evaluate his life, or at least be taken to jail for a bit and thus be unable to steal from more people.

#44 Posted by whipassmt (14028 posts) -

@Jd1680a said:

The stolen property found would probably be thrown out because it wasn't the scope part of the search warrant.

To think that Instantagram is a popular social media website, that COPS wouldnt be watching was a big mistake. Good thing the COPS were to get this convicted felon off the the streets who had guns.

If that the stolen property is "thrown out" by the judge, that just means the guy won't be charged right? They wouldn't let him keep those things?

#45 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

This is what I like about social media. It allows stupid people to expose themselves to the world.

#46 Posted by Serraph105 (28079 posts) -

Damn is that some sort of record? That's almost impressive.

#47 Posted by foxhound_fox (88384 posts) -

He wanted attention... now he got it.

#48 Posted by dave123321 (34075 posts) -

@chicknfeet: fair enough

#49 Posted by RAGEofSTUNTS (731 posts) -

GROVE STREET 4 LYFE

This is why we can't have nice things.

#50 Edited by GreySeal9 (24325 posts) -

@chicknfeet said:

@thebest31406:

/facepalm...so according to you, it's wrong of me to be ashamed of my own people. Very well. I think this guy is the perfect role model for any black male in America. In essence, you want me to be supportive of this guy. Glad to know we have people that support stupidity.

You're a mouthbreathing idiot.

First of all, nobody said you should support this guy. Learn to read.

Secondly, being ashamed of your "own people" because of this one guy is pants-on-head stupid.

Thirdly, being black doesn't give you some kind of license to use racist terms.

Finally, how the fuck was he supposed to know you're black?