Inpatient hospital service for depression for a week..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

Will I get better? Anyone have similar experiences?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You're asking the wrong people. Ask your doctor.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Depression is a complex illness that is a very long, sometimes lifelong struggle. You can't expect any treatment of only a week to be effective over the long run. To combat depression you have to make a series of major and sometimes difficult life changes. These vary between everyone but chances are a week of hospital treatment won't be significantly effective. It might provide short term relief, but for a long term cure you have to take charge and begin to point yourself in the right direction. You do this of course with the help and support of those close to you as well as medical professionals.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@the_plan_man said:

They won't allow you to stay in inpatient unless you have the feeling of hurting yourself (or other people possibly). And inpatient only makes up stay up to around 3 days unless the hospital feels your unsafe for your own good or they put you on medication immediately when staying there (So they can keep you for more than a week). If you want to get a vague idea of what inpatient is actually like, I would suggest reading "It's Kind of a Funny Story" It's a comedy but deals with heavy issues like depression and suicide and what it is like to be in a inpatient hospital. Though conflicts can arise depending on your personality.

At Inpatient, they separate boys and girls and they rarely have any interaction with each other. Everyone is usually nice between each other and it is a great short relief from real life but it doesn't make you feel better permanently. Only temporary. You do grow strong connections with the other patients around you.

If you want stay longer at inpatients, there are programs out there where you can stay for months. Like there is one that makes you go on nature walks a lot. You will need a really good insurance plan to do these and parents don't like these programs because the kids stay there for months at time.

I hope you feel better and I hope this helps :)

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@the_plan_man said:

What do you mean exactly by "inpatient"? Have you been admitted to the hospital already?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@the_plan_man said:

Will I get better?

I am not a psychologist, but I can offer some advice.

I think of human biology and psychology as a framework that, once understood, can be mastered in a sense and life goals are achieved through the successful application of one to any given situation.

For starters, believing in yourself can make a huge difference on your overall mental state. Listen to any successful person (made an impact on society, wealthy, etc.) and they will all tell you that. Starting with things of little significance can build confidence for more important situations. Doing something as simple as putting each of your hands on your waste and looking at a mirror for fifteen minutes has been found to increase confidence levels in men and women. Setting long term goals and planning the steps you need to accomplish them completely requires you utilize some time for brainstorming and refinement of those ideas. During your journey, smile more. This action literally makes you happier.

I am ending this post with relation to my previous statement. No longer being depressed is your goal (if you actually are depressed). Happiness as the ideal achieved state is reasonable to guess you wish for. I feel I should tell you that studies have shown doing things for happiness results in, actually, a decreased mood. Rather than focusing on being happy, it is actually better to do something you feel is good to do for a reason of your choosing for those experiences and as a result living becomes a happier existence. I hope that makes sense. If you are unsure about anything I suggested here, feel free to mention these during your inpatient stay with doctors.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@davillain-: Because his teacher yelled at him 4 years ago.

This guy has been posting a thread about his "depression" once or twice a month since January. If he's been asking advice for almost a year now and hasn't taken any of it, why would he start now?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@prawephet said:

This guy has been posting a thread about his "depression" once or twice a month since January. If he's been asking advice for almost a year now and hasn't taken any of it, why would he start now?

Well, it would seen he is now looking for help at a hospital. So give him a break.

RumbleRuses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 RumbleRuses
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

@prawephet said:

You've only been here since March, and anything can cause depression - it can even be dormant and his teacher yelling at him shattered his confidence enough to trigger it. Don't be so close-minded, guy's taking the steps to get help.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

You've been asking questions about depression and how to get help for it for some time now. It is no use to stay in limbo like this. If you're truly feeling depressed and have identified it as a problem in need of a solution then get started with resolving it. Don't waste anymore time contemplating the problem itself. Trust me, you'll regret it later and you'll wish that you have endeavored to solve it much sooner than you did.

Also don't wait until you arrive at the one and only perfect solution. It is most probably a trial and error process. You try something for enough time and if it doesn't work you pause for a moment and decide whether to try it again differently this time or to move on to some other remedy. You repeat this tirelessly and persistently until you're ridden of whatever that is ailing you.
As a first step of curing yourself from depression or any other malady, first of all you need to get rid of your indecisiveness and the feebleness of your mind/soul. As it stands now, it seems that the disposition in your soul is a frail and languid one. Arouse the spirited part of your soul so that it would fuel you in your endeavor to heal. You go about doing this by nourishing that part with the right stuff. I would imagine that different things things work for different people but I'm going to recommend dedicating some of your time for a simple workout at home (15-20 minutes would suffice) and a daily reading session in which you study something highly stimulating. These are only suggestions, you should look for what works for you. Whatever you decide on, get to it already. Don't lie idle any longer.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@davillain- said:

May I ask as to why your Depressed?

He's depressed because you're happy.

Nice avatar btw.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

They usually give anti-depressants to people that are depressed, but it depends on your circumstances. There are a million different causes for depression. Some people appear born to be depressed, with a negative outlook on life, no matter what their circumstances are. Then there are people who are depressed because they've lost something important to them. There's no "one solution" fits all, but if you've dealt with depressed all your life (like me), your best shot is anti-depressants. I don't really like the idea of taking "happy pills", so I just pursue happiness in the forms that appear to me. This leads to me making decisions that constantly benefit me in the short-term but don't benefit me in the long wrong. But I'm perfectly aware what I'm doing, when I'm doing it, so I know I'm perfectly capable of making better decisions in my life.

They do say that anti-depressants are absolutely necessary in battling many cases of depression, so if you don't have to take pills, you should be happy just for that.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@davillain- said:

@i_return said:

@davillain- said:

May I ask as to why your Depressed?

He's depressed because you're happy.

Nice avatar btw.

That may explain it. I'm always in a positive mood these days and thanks for my Avatar. I got more to come later.

Then stop being in a positive mood. Fake being negative like me

Who's she anyway?