Info Bomb 5/11/2014 free your body and mind

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Ever hear of GMO – genetically modified organisms? A lot of you are most likely wondering what these are or have never even heard of them. These GMO are in products where the genetic makeup has been altered through genetic engineering. Many Americans including myself are concerned about the spread of genetically modified organisms throughout agriculture, and the fact that there is no current requirement in this country for labeling of GMO foods.

Since the 1990s world agriculture and food production has undergone the most radical transformation in history. With very little public awareness, in just a few short years GMO foods have come to dominate both global agriculture and supermarket shelf space.

Im not a scientist and not an authority on agriculture. However, I do care about what is in the foods I eat and I think most of you agree and want to know what you’re eating, as well.

In September 2012 French scientists conclude FIRST EVER long-term study of GMO on rats; extensive research PROVING GMO CORN causes horrific tumors in rats, killing 70 percent of females early, long before their average two-year life expectancy. The study which was published in the peer-reviewed journal Food and Chemical Toxicology, revealed for the first time that rats fed Monsanto’s NK603 GM corn treated with Roundup (glyphosate) herbicide for longer than 90 days developed deadly tumors at a much higher, and much quicker, rate than rats not exposed to these products.

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine has warned of “serious health risks” indicated by animal studies measuring the effects of GMO foods. Some medical experts have suggested that Morgellons disease, a mysterious disease that produces sores, rashes, and sharp fibers beneath the skin, may be linked with genetically modified organisms.

The side effects of long term GMO food consumption include kidney cancer, prostate cancer, liver cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer (for men too), thyroid tumors, brain tumors, Parkinson’s disease, infertility, birth defects, and autism. In over 260 studies worldwide, the diagnosis of cancer has been linked to agrochemicals.Yet GMO foods proponents claim that it poses no harm to humans or the environment, and that we need the technology to feed the world’s growing population. But United Nations have not embraced GMOs as a way to feed a hungry world, proposing instead more sustainable agriculture methods.

Most VACCINES AND FLU SHOTS contain GMO ingredients. Chemotherapy (AKA “agent orange”) is pushed on the masses as a viable treatment for people who have been steadily consuming pesticide, fluoride, bleach, aspartame, MSG and GMO. Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe. In nearly 50 countries around the world including Australia, Japan, and all of the countries in the European union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production and sale of GMO foods.

Our Federal Food and Drug Administration ( I have heard people refer to them as the “fraud and deception agency”) has denied requests to mandate labeling, saying there is no evidence of the GMO foods/ products being unsafe. But many of us are begging the question, if there is no public threat, then what is the harm in labeling it as such? And why are so many companies battling against the labeling of food that has GMO? Here’s a small list of the companies that have publicly admitted they oppose labeling for GMO: PepsiCo, Sunny Delight Beverages, Mars, General Mills, Hormel, Healthy Choice and J.M. Smucker Co.

Even if the FDA allows the food industry to continue to use genetically engineered ingredients, that doesn’t mean that we have to eat them if we dont want to. But we need a mandate on labeling so we know what foods have GMO. Many states are considering legislation that would require labeling of all GMO foods/products. But, such requirements should be issued by the FDA on a national scale, not piecemeal by individual states.

While the effectiveness and safety of GMO foods is still being debated, the public must get involved and not cocede the outcome to a small number of profit-driven biotechnology corporations, scientists, and federal officials.

A THREE-TIERED APPROACH TO PREVENTION AND INTERVENTION:

• Drink spring water: if you don’t trust plastic bottles due to bisphenol/BPA, just find natural springs near where you live.(http://www.findaspring.com/)
  • Eat only “Certified Organic” food or grow your own.
  • Eat superfoods. (http://www.raw-wisdom.com/organic)

Also here are three ways you can determine if some foods have GMO. (1) Look at the price lookup code, or PLU code, on produce. The PLU code for conventionally grown produce starts with a “4″ and is a string of four numbers. The PLU code for genetically modified produce starts with a “8″ and is almost always a string of five numbers, while the PLU code for organic produce starts with a “9″ and is always a string of five numbers. (2) Examine the nutrition label for “Corn,” “Canola oil,” “Soy,” and “Cottonseed” in the “ingredients” section. These four ingredients are almost always genetically modified. (3) Look for “GMO Free” or “100% Organic” labels on food.

Remember, knowledge is power, and no person or organization can ever take it away from you. Remember that the body is the temple of the soul and YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, so treat it that way. Otherwise, if you’re still considering a GMO food diet or regimen, be sure and ask your doctor if CANCER is right for you.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By no-scope-AK47

I will be posting info bombs things the mass media does not tell you. These walls of text contain info that can save your mental or physical health. I know kids hate to read but there are things that are not on tv. If your too lazy to read I have a video for you. Happy Mother's Day.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Ever hear of GMO – genetically modified organisms? A lot of you are most likely wondering what these are or have never even heard of them.

That's quite a silly assumption.

DNA-Hole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DNA-Hole
Member since 2013 • 49 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I will be posting info bombs things the mass media does not tell you.

In other words, you'll be spamming the forums. Good to know---that way we can avoid your threads. Thanks for the warning!

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

Is broccoli a g'mo?

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#6 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Does a fart blow in the wind? Or does the wind blow on the fart?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Is Ramen, Spaghetti, SpagehttiO's or Mac n Cheese a GMO? If so then I pretty much eat them for every meal. They sure are tasty!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@ferrari2001 said:

Is Ramen, Spaghetti, SpagehttiO's or Mac n Cheese a GMO? If so then I pretty much eat them for every meal. They sure are tasty!

Most things that are processed are bad for you. This video expands on the danger of GMO's. I can only point you in the right direction.

Loading Video...

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

TL;DW videos aren't very convincing. People use that to push everything from creationism to 9/11 conspiracy theories to anti-vax to AIDS denialism.

If you have links to things like, say, peer-reviewed scientific studies, that'd actually be useful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Our generation got a shot directly into the soft infant tissue, injecting expiremental drugs into the brain when born at American hospitals. Nephilium; old people fear us :-p

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@thegerg said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Most things that are processed are bad for you. This video expands on the danger of GMO's. I can only point you in the right direction.

Loading Video...

Wow, you can't even get 5 mins into that video without being inundated with bullshit. That salmon they showed was far from the first GMO animal approved for human consumption. Cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, and other animals have been undergoing genetic modifications by humans for thousands of years. It's not like genetic modification is something new.

It's fear-mongering like this that really is kind of gross. It's intentional misrepresentation and lies used to mislead ignorant people.

If your going to troll at least make sense and FYI no place did the video state that salmon was the first or only GMO. As for your claim of GMO going back thousands of years nice trolling. If you have proof of genetic engineering even in the 1800's you will have rewritten human history.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@thegerg: The info bomb is about genetically modified organism's aka GMO's. Genetic engineering is the direct transfer of of DNA from one organism to another was first done in 1973.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 no-scope-AK47

@thegerg said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@thegerg: The info bomb is about genetically modified organism's aka GMO's. Genetic engineering is the direct transfer of of DNA from one organism to another was first done in 1973.

Genetic modification began over 10,000 tears ago by the first animal herders who selectively bredtheir stock. GMOs aren't some new-fangled and scary technology.

You answered your own question with your own post. Unless your trying to feign ignorance on the difference between between breeding and genetic engineering.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 no-scope-AK47

@thegerg: Your bringing up breeding and the post was about GMO's. I don't know if your ignorant or just a troll. In either case I suggest you watch the video.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@thegerg said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@thegerg: Your bringing up breeding and the post was about GMO's. I don't know if your ignorant or just a troll. In either case I suggest you watch the video.

The word "your" does not mean what you seem to think it means. Talk about ignorant...

Anyway, I'm bringing up breeding because selective breeding is the oldest and most widely practiced from of genetic modification. It only makes sense to bring up methods of genetic modification in thread about genetically modified organisms, does it not?

Troll confirmed.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Info bombs are better then real bombs I guess. Depending on what side you stand in I guess

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Most GMO's aren't nearly the concern you're making them out to be.

Refined sugar on the other hand..

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
@no-scope-AK47 said:

I will be posting info bombs things the mass media does not tell you. These walls of text contain info that can save your mental or physical health. I know kids hate to read but there are things that are not on tv. If your too lazy to read I have a video for you. Happy Mother's Day.

Man you're an idiot. You know that study was retracted because it was bogus. (the lab chow is used in many labs all over the world for rats and yet we don't see the same results in other strains of rats)

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Just. Kill. Yourself.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Why is it that, every single time I read/hear "free your body and/or mind," I instantly think, "Yep, this is gonna be some pseudo-scientific quackery not worth the time it tasks to indulge. . ."

And I'm always right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

@no-scope-AK47: don't worry about the negative responses the topic is interesting

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

whoa, how did I miss this craziness. Holy crap

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Ever hear of GMO – genetically modified organisms? A lot of you are most likely wondering what these are or have never even heard of them. These GMO are in products where the genetic makeup has been altered through genetic engineering. Many Americans including myself are concerned about the spread of genetically modified organisms throughout agriculture, and the fact that there is no current requirement in this country for labeling of GMO foods.

Since the 1990s world agriculture and food production has undergone the most radical transformation in history. With very little public awareness, in just a few short years GMO foods have come to dominate both global agriculture and supermarket shelf space.

Im not a scientist and not an authority on agriculture.

Then you should probably shut up

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

No new info bomb this week?

I was hoping we'd tackle vaccines causing autism this week