Inception = Paprika?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

I just saw the theatrical trailer looks very intruiging and liking the cast might I add.

But the whole time I was watchung I kept thinking PAPRIKA!!!!

Paprika is an anime masterpeice by visionary director Satoshi KOn

Anyone else agree?

#2 Posted by Nerd_Man (13819 posts) -

I haven't a clue about anime.

But your talkings of Paprika got me to thinking about...

Yes, upon entering this thread, I thought you were comparing a movie to a food spice.

#3 Posted by Theokhoth (36799 posts) -

I haven't a clue about anime.

But your talkings of Paprika got me to thinking about...

Yes, upon entering this thread, I thought you were comparing a movie to a food spice.

Nerd_Man

Beats my first thought:

#4 Posted by ProjectTrinity (1262 posts) -
Anime newbs not be knowing about Paprika. :P And I'm a movie novice for not knowing about Inception. Are there dream mind screws like the anime? lol
#5 Posted by Vandalvideo (39656 posts) -
The two do seem relatively similar. Although, the Paprika soundtrack demolishes Inception.
#6 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
[QUOTE="ProjectTrinity"]Anime newbs not be knowing about Paprika. :P And I'm a movie novice for not knowing about Inception. Are there dream mind screws like the anime? lol

http://www.screened.com/inception-trailer-2/128-82/ Trailer. I think the movie looks fantastic.
#7 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22191 posts) -

I haven't seen Paprika other thanread its wiki. But I guess the 2 are somewhat similar

also did he also do Parnoia Agent? that was one kick ass anime. very under rated

#8 Posted by ProjectTrinity (1262 posts) -
[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="ProjectTrinity"]Anime newbs not be knowing about Paprika. :P And I'm a movie novice for not knowing about Inception. Are there dream mind screws like the anime? lol

http://www.screened.com/inception-trailer-2/128-82/ Trailer. I think the movie looks fantastic.

Just finished watching. I can CLEARLY see where someone could draw Paprika into this, but, i think the guy behind this movie might've just thought of the concept on his own. ....Maybe. >_>
#9 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -
I heard there was a similarity to this book. I rather not watch the trailer...
#10 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -

I heard there was a similarity to this book. I rather not watch the trailer...Jazz_Fan
The trailer definitely seems to go into an awfully large amount of depth...

#11 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="ProjectTrinity"]Anime newbs not be knowing about Paprika. :P And I'm a movie novice for not knowing about Inception. Are there dream mind screws like the anime? lolProjectTrinity

Just finished watching. I can CLEARLY see where someone could draw Paprika into this, but, i think the guy behind this movie might've just thought of the concept on his own. ....Maybe. >_>

Well eternal sunshine went along in the same direction, but inception looks more "far out"

#12 Posted by Truf89 (4670 posts) -
Paprika seemed kinda weird to me..Inception has really interested me tho. Maybe because the its by Chris Nolan :P. I dont think they should be compared though.
#13 Posted by thattotally (3842 posts) -

At least he wasn't comparing sex to food spice. Or maybe I have my definitions mixed up?

#14 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

I never have heard of Paprika. Inception looks amazing though.

#15 Posted by CBR600-RR (9690 posts) -

I want to watch this simply because of Nolan, I don't care about some anime.

#16 Posted by Jesus_on_fire (2022 posts) -

I haven't seen Paprika other thanread its wiki. But I guess the 2 are somewhat similar

also did he also do Parnoia Agent? that was one kick ass anime. very under rated

TheShadowLord07

He did indeed. Greatest anime of all time

#17 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

Jesus_on_fire

He did indeed. Greatest anime of all time

its very intruiging but seriously what a mind f***!!!

have you seen the inception trailer by any chance?

#18 Posted by kidsmelly (5692 posts) -

Now that you mention it, it does somewhat seem similar which really isn't a bad thing.

#19 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

Why are they using the same cinematography as the dark knight?

#20 Posted by CBR600-RR (9690 posts) -

Why are they using the same cinematography as the dark knight?

Zaibach

Maybe because The Dark Knight's cinematography was great..

#21 Posted by nchan (1059 posts) -
Paprika is an awesome anime. If Inception has the same basic concept like Paprika, then it'll probably going to be awesome.
#22 Posted by FrozeN__54 (3434 posts) -
Doesn't really remind me of Paprika. They're both about dreams, but that's about it.
#23 Posted by trenton5 (3 posts) -

YES! DEFINATELY!

#24 Posted by cybrcatter (16210 posts) -

*considers similarities while sipping a whisky sour**

#25 Posted by mitu123 (154649 posts) -

This movie is going to be awesome then.:D

#26 Posted by Nills (1573 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozZQukgIoTQ paprika

#27 Posted by Kikouken (15913 posts) -
I tried watching Paprika and could not get into it at all....