Inauguration speech mention Same sex three times while asking for Blessings?

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -

Whats your thoughts?

Personally it blows me away that these adults ask for God to bless us and in the same sentence promote gay couples. I'm starting to think that these people haven't read the Bible before. What do you think? To me Accepting gays as an ok lifestyle in church is like saying "keep stealing, murdering, adultry" and come back on Sunday.

Yes, I know I will get flamed. Bring it flamers. It's just my opinion.

First gay agrument. Well Being gay is only bad in the OT. Not true. Look up Romans 1-26:28 and get back with me.

Second gay agrument. Well Jesus didn't say it. If you can't accept every word in the Bible and understand it then you shouldn't believe a word of it.

#2 Posted by GazaAli (22508 posts) -
This topic is going places.
#3 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

'God' is a generic term and does not in any fashion specifically denote the God of the Bible. Perhaps you're thinking of "Yahweh"?

#4 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -
Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me.
#5 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
You have to understand that pretty much all of OT doesn't believe in a God. And I'm a Christian who supports gay marriage. God told us to love all people. Don't be a bigot
#6 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me. HoolaHoopMan
You are a f*cking lunatic. Seriously, go to hell. Also you are the worst liberal of all time
#7 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me. HoolaHoopMan

Death throes. And I agree.

They're so pissed they're about to pop. I know plenty of them. They feel it slipping from their old, cold fingers and don't want to let go. "Damn kids."

#8 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9185 posts) -

Gay people are pretty awesome. They're usually pretty friendly and they don't sh*t on other people.

#9 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me. brucewayne69
You are a f*cking lunatic. Seriously, go to hell. Also you are the worst liberal of all time

Yea I'm a lunatic, not you, a person who models his morality around a book written several thousand years ago by a bunch of bronze age cattle sacrificing primitives. Like I said, you're on the losing side of history. Keep fighting against the inevitable and you're sure to end of looking like a fool.

#10 Posted by LordQuorthon (5286 posts) -

Preposterous! It is a well known fact that god hates f words!

#11 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me. br0kenrabbit

Death throes. And I agree.

They're so pissed they're about to pop. I know plenty of them. They feel it slipping from their old, cold fingers and don't want to let go. "Damn kids."

Its inevitable, and they'll be painted in the same light as the ones who fought against integration.
#12 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -
I would suggest that if you give a sh*t, you've probably taken a wrong turning somewhere
#13 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
I hear he even invited a woman to sing the national anthem. A woman!
#14 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
Legalization of Gay marriage is going to happen and hopefully this year.
#15 Posted by comp_atkins (31268 posts) -
depends on which God you're talking about...
#16 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

I hear he even invited a woman to sing the national anthem. A woman!JML897

Preposterous! :o

#17 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15653 posts) -
I would suggest that if you give a sh*t, you've probably taken a wrong turning somewhereMannyDelgado
Probably at Albuquerque. Joking aside, having a religious belief is more than a lifestyle than homosexuality.
#18 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me. HoolaHoopMan

Yea I'm a lunatic, not you, a person who models his morality around a book written several thousand years ago by a bunch of bronze age cattle sacrificing primitives. Like I said, you're on the losing side of history. Keep fighting against the inevitable and you're sure to end of looking like a fool.

Hey, you're the one spewing hate, not us. You want all theists to die? You are a f*cking lunatic, who needs to be purged of this world. What is wrong with having personal beliefs? You are sick in the head man
#19 Posted by LordQuorthon (5286 posts) -

Pfff... That's nothing. Last time they had a woman who also happened to be a negro!

They cheat their way into the White House and then they get all uppity and try to take away the white from it. :(

#20 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
lol homophobic religious folks
#21 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]I hear he even invited a woman to sing the national anthem. A woman!LordQuorthon

Pfff... That's nothing. Last time they had a woman who also happened to be a negro!

That's what they did this time too!

I want my country back!

#22 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6536 posts) -

I'm expecting this topic to at least hit 5 pages. Gay issue? Check. Politics issue? Check. Religion? Check. Now we just need an anti muslim user to start shouting their garbage and this party can really get started!

#23 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

What is wrong with having personal beliefs?brucewayne69

TCs the one coming on here starting a whole thread because he disagrees with the free exercise of someone elses beliefs.

#24 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"] You are a f*cking lunatic. Seriously, go to hell. Also you are the worst liberal of all timebrucewayne69

Hey, you're the one spewing hate, not us. You want all theists to die? You are a f*cking lunatic, who needs to be purged of this world. What is wrong with having personal beliefs? You are sick in the head man

Now... now. I'm a humanist, but you seem like a good christian. One of the very few ones that I might in a yearly basis, so just ignore these attacks. You must understand that most of us here are just fed up with religious people taking over politics and telling us what to do, hence the anger in OT.

#25 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"] You are a f*cking lunatic. Seriously, go to hell. Also you are the worst liberal of all timebrucewayne69

Haha, did I say I want all theists to die? No.
#26 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29103 posts) -
F*ck off TC, people like you give Christianity a bad name.
#27 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

'God' is a generic term and does not in any fashion specifically denote the God of the Bible. Perhaps you're thinking of "Yahweh"?

br0kenrabbit

In grammar a capital G represents the the Christian God; you use a lower case "G" to represent there's more then one "God".

#28 Posted by comp_atkins (31268 posts) -
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

aaaand this is going as expected...
#29 Posted by LordQuorthon (5286 posts) -

That's what they did this time too!

I want my country back!

JML897

See? That's why they want to mess with your guns! So you won't be able to rebel against all this grotesquery!

#30 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
F*ck off TC, people like you give Christianity a bad name.chessmaster1989
#31 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

Fightingfan

In grammar a capital G represents the the Christian God; you use a lower case "G" represents there's more then one "God".

Tell that to all the other religions who simply refer to him as 'God' in general vernacular.

Xstians don't have a monopoly on the word, you know.

#32 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] Yea I'm a lunatic, not you, a person who models his morality around a book written several thousand years ago by a bunch of bronze age cattle sacrificing primitives. Like I said, you're on the losing side of history. Keep fighting against the inevitable and you're sure to end of looking like a fool.HoolaHoopMan

Haha, did I say I want all theists to die? No.

Who do you want to die then? Either way you said you laugh at the deaths of religious folk, which is sickening. Might wanna hit up your therapist
#33 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"] Hey, you're the one spewing hate, not us. You want all theists to die? You are a f*cking lunatic, who needs to be purged of this world. What is wrong with having personal beliefs? You are sick in the head manbrucewayne69
. Haha, did I say I want all theists to die? No.

Who do you want to die then? Either way you said you laugh at the deaths of religious folk, which is sickening. Might wanna hit up your therapist

I'll gladly laugh when old dying bigots bite it

#34 Posted by PannicAtack (21017 posts) -
Funny thing about Christianity and the Bible - I've actually read a number of arguments that pose that the Bible isn't quite as virulently homophobic as people take it to be. Arguments largely come from the original Hebrew/Greek texts, wherein the texts don't exactly designate having same-sex relations as being abominable - the specific words used refer to things like ritual sex with male prostitutes - pagan rites, so to speak. And then there's that whole business with Jesus and the Centurion, which I find very interested indeed.
#35 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] . Haha, did I say I want all theists to die? No. HoolaHoopMan

>Not realizing that makes him bigoted and probably means he will/did laugh when his grandparents die >Priceless
#36 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

Funny thing about Christianity and the Bible - I've actually read a number of arguments that pose that the Bible isn't quite as virulently homophobic as people take it to be. Arguments largely come from the original Hebrew/Greek texts, wherein the texts don't exactly designate having same-sex relations as being abominable - the specific words used refer to things like ritual sex with male prostitutes - pagan rites, so to speak. And then there's that whole business with Jesus and the Centurion, which I find very interested indeed.PannicAtack

The Bible was written in English...God's language, fool!

"If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for America!"

#37 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"] Who do you want to die then? Either way you said you laugh at the deaths of religious folk, which is sickening. Might wanna hit up your therapistbrucewayne69

>Not realizing that makes him bigoted and probably means he will/did laugh when his grandparents die >Priceless

Yes, I am a bigot because I don't tolerate hate speech derived from ancient texts. Hardy har har.
#38 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

HoolaHoopMan

Yes, I am a bigot because I don't tolerate hate speech derived from ancient texts. Hardy har har.

No you are a bigot because you enjoy the death of a certain demographic You are a bigot.
#39 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
This topic is going places.GazaAli
Lol
#40 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12824 posts) -

No you are a bigot because you enjoy the death of a certain demographic You are a bigot.brucewayne69

"Some people should die, that's just unconscious knowledge." -Janes Addiction, Pigs in Zen

#41 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"] >Not realizing that makes him bigoted and probably means he will/did laugh when his grandparents die >Priceless

No you are a bigot because you enjoy the death of a certain demographic You are a bigot.

Would that apply to child rapists and murderers as well?
#42 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
Lol off topic. Apples and oranges. Our you basing the bible? Women sang in the bible.
#43 Posted by brucewayne69 (2859 posts) -
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] Yes, I am a bigot because I don't tolerate hate speech derived from ancient texts. Hardy har har.

People with varying personal beliefs =/ child rapists and murderers. Don't compare my grandparents with child rapists.
#44 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

I agree, politicians shouldn't be asking god for anything in official speeches.

#45 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

I agree, politicians shouldn't be asking god for anything in official speeches.

theone86
#46 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7740 posts) -
[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="brucewayne69"] No you are a bigot because you enjoy the death of a certain demographic You are a bigot.

People with varying personal beliefs =/ child rapists and murderers. Don't compare my grandparents with child rapists.

I'm not. I'm simply giving you a specific demographic, murderers and child rapists, showing you how your statement falls apart.
#47 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]This topic is going places.caseypayne69
Lol

:| I see. You made this topic to cause a flame war... clap clap.

#48 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
i also don't get why presidents are sworn in on the bible instead of the constitution; ya know, the very fvcking thing they're supposed to be protecting.
#49 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
Legalization of Gay marriage is going to happen and hopefully this year.NEWMAHAY
It probably will. We are a seperation of church and state. My problem is the illusion that people think its ok with Jesus to be gay That whole "love one and another" is the escape got. How a out this. Johnny is an adulterer. Lets just love him and let him continue his ways. Bills a Murderer lets just love him and let him continue. Is it taught that Jesus loves us all? Yes but we are to turn from sin. Embrassing homosexuality is not turning from sinning. It's embrassing it.
#50 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]Fvck your outdated and bigoted beliefs. You're a dying breed and I'm laughing as more and more people like you die off each year. The death throws of conservative America delight me. brucewayne69

How can you call your self a Christian when you just named called him. Read Matthew. See what it says about name calling.