In U.S., 4 in 10 Report Attending Church in Last Week.

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Aljosa23 (23619 posts) -

Nope, never go to church. Waste of time and I'd rather not have someone preach to me about how I'm going to Hell anyway.

#52 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -
#53 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -
#54 Posted by Aljosa23 (23619 posts) -

@Aljosa23: church is more then that though

Oh right I forgot.... I have to pay the church before I can hear them tell me how I'll suffer for all eternity.

#55 Edited by dave123321 (32605 posts) -
#56 Posted by nomsayin (1130 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Lol so hostile.......................chill out. I know it sucks that OT is dead...but hey man.......all good things must come to an end.

#57 Posted by PonchoTaco (1661 posts) -

I've been going to church every Sunday for the past 21 years, except the odd being sick, vacation, etc. Will be going tonight for Christmas Eve service.

#58 Edited by GreySeal9 (23308 posts) -

I will go to church if someone wants me to go with them, but generally, I don't. I just don't really care for it.

#59 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

@nomsayin said:

@LJS9502_basic: Lol so hostile.......................chill out. I know it sucks that OT is dead...but hey man.......all good things must come to an end.

Might want to take your advice there FD.

#60 Edited by nomsayin (1130 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@nomsayin said:

I have no idea as to why you think I'm him. I bet he's laughing right now at the fact that his trolling still has an effect on you, over 2 years later. So what ever happened to that girl?

#61 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

@nomsayin said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@nomsayin said:

I have no idea as to why you think I'm him. I bet he's laughing right now at the fact that his trolling still has an effect on you, over 2 years later. So what ever happened to that girl?

LOL...just can't help yourself FD. Actually I forgot all about that loser until someone (you) brought up the fact that you were he.

#62 Posted by toast_burner (20671 posts) -

Thats a very large amount.

#64 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: nom/fd is still obsessed with you after all this time. It's annoying. That and his insanity is why he was driven out of the other forum

#65 Posted by nomsayin (1130 posts) -

@nomsayin said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@nomsayin said:

LOL...just can't help yourself FD. Actually I forgot all about that loser until someone (you) brought up the fact that you were he.

If I told you I lived in Venezuela would you believe me?

#66 Posted by nomsayin (1130 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: nom/fd is still obsessed with you after all this time. It's annoying. That and his insanity is why he was driven out of the other forum

Dave, feliz navidad.

#67 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -

Feliz navidad, lan

#68 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside.....Merry Christmas Dave. Hope Santa is good to you....

#70 Posted by Big_Pecks (5110 posts) -

My dad always said that Christmas was the only time rich people would come to church.

#71 Edited by worlock77 (22508 posts) -

I see LJS is making a hard end-of-the-year campaign push to retain the "OT drama queen" title.

#72 Edited by dave123321 (32605 posts) -
#73 Edited by chessmaster1989 (28626 posts) -

I go most Sundays. Am not surprised it's around 4-in-10 though.

@Aljosa23 said:

Nope, never go to church. Waste of time and I'd rather not have someone preach to me about how I'm going to Hell anyway.

My experience at least has been that the homilies virtually never talk about Hell. But it probably depends a lot on the church.

#74 Posted by playmynutz (5566 posts) -

Went to a church last weekend it was nice. Appreciate it for what it is.

#75 Posted by edinsftw (4196 posts) -

My dad always said that Christmas was the only time rich people would come to church.

Maybe they are rich because they don't waste their time and money at church

#76 Posted by indzman (15395 posts) -

OT is full of atheists lol.

#77 Edited by jcknapier711 (378 posts) -

I go to church nearly every week, even though I'm not even exactly what you'd consider a 'hardcore' Christian. I'm sort of agnostic actually. Am I weirdo?

#78 Posted by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

I go most Sundays. Am not surprised it's around 4-in-10 though.

@Aljosa23 said:

My experience at least has been that the homilies virtually never talk about Hell. But it probably depends a lot on the church.

I went to church as a kid run by a super nice pastor and his super nice family, wasnt until some big region wide church convention i ever even heard the fire and brimstone crap letting me know im totally in for an eternal swim in a lake of fire. Thats when i totally checked out.

eff it, i like swimming.

#79 Edited by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

I see LJS is making a hard end-of-the-year campaign push to retain the "OT drama queen" title.

Oh I think you have that wrapped up already.

#80 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -

That reminds me that I need to get the OTcars started up

#81 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24171 posts) -

I think the last time I attended church was somewhere around 1979 as I'm not particularly religious and friends that I have that are don't really attend church themselves all that often. That percentage the TC presents is no doubt incorrect though as Americans still suffer from a profound sense of religious guilt that they should be attending church when in fact few of them do and so they will generally lie about doing so when polled.

I remember some years ago a curious statistician wanted to compare attendance in Europe with that of America and noticed that he regularly came up with a very high number in the States usually averaging around the mid 20s as opposed to 8-12 in Europe. So instead he didn't directly ask about church attendance and instead had them report their timeline activity for a number of weeks and noticed that instantly America came into line with the European averages.

#82 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

That reminds me that I need to get the OTcars started up

Also, beat Lai to it. IIRC, he was claiming to own it or some ridiciulous shit, so put that idea to rest.

There really isn't anyone left here.....waste of time.

#83 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: you say that but you also said you don't post in the tcs blog but you are one of the most active itt. It's an enigma :P

#84 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: you say that but you also said you don't post in the tcs blog but you are one of the most active itt. It's an enigma :P

Don't be so snarky...it's Christmas. And I'm not addressing the TC anyway. Insecure beliefs are a yawn.

#85 Posted by dave123321 (32605 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: addressing the tc or actual topic is overrated anyways. Happy that we are becoming more alike as time moves on

#86 Posted by LZ71 (10208 posts) -

I attended earlier this year after my great-grandmother died. I used to go every week until I was about fifteen. Since then, I really only go on certain occasions, mainly on holidays.

I don't hate church or anything religious, I just don't have any reason to go.

#87 Edited by nomsayin (1130 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

Oh I think you have that wrapped up already.

So what ever happened to that girl? Was her name Laura?

#88 Posted by wallymartin (12165 posts) -

My wife and I are usually in church 3 services a week, but this happened to be the week we weren't. We were traveling on Sunday and did not get the opportunity. It was the first time in more than 2 and a half years we have been out that much. We will be very happy to be back on Sunday morning.

#89 Posted by Renevent42 (4949 posts) -

Not surprising and will probably decline as time progresses

#90 Posted by wis3boi (30285 posts) -

@WickedChainy said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Master_Live said:

I haven't attended church in years and don't intend to for the foreseeable future. And that is that.

And we care because? Get over yourself....

We care because it's relevant to the question being asked in the thread... If you don't care about peoples answers then maybe you should go somewhere else...

Here's a clue since you need one. It's a blog post. I don't read his blog for a reason. Maybe you should read it since his personal life is highly important to you.

always such a cactus up your ass

#91 Posted by LJS9502_basic (148583 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

always such a cactus up your ass

i see the trolls never leave....

#92 Edited by HoolaHoopMan (7511 posts) -

LJ being......LJ. Somethings never change.

#93 Edited by hippiesanta (9277 posts) -

a topic by a desperate attention Atheist ... lol

#94 Edited by Jebus213 (8513 posts) -

I'd rather go to work.