In relationship what qualities you look for in women/men?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

@Expane said:

I like to date people who are better/kinder/more generous than I am.

I really doubt that I will ever find such a woman.

What I realized is that most women these days have crappy personalities and the better-looking a woman is then probably the more selfish and evil she is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#52 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts
@Expane said:

And what do you have to offer in return?

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53  Edited By Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@korvus said:
@Expane said:

And what do you have to offer in return?

I'm big and scary, so it's like having a pet modern day Sasquatch but I also have a good job :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Expane: Good things to have, no doubt =P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@johnd13 said:

@elkoldo said:

She should love me back.

Your post conveys your pain man. :(

Oh Johnny...you must be the most intelligent and brilliant man I've ever seen. By far the most intelligent and brilliant.

Don't worry and above all else don't lose hope. We will find love. We are decent people!

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Expane

@korvus said:

@Expane: Good things to have, no doubt =P

Being a Sasquatch, it can get a little warm in the summer. Ok, a LOT warm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Expane: True, but on the other hand, look at all that shade you make!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@johnd13 said:

@elkoldo said:

Oh Johnny...you must be the most intelligent and brilliant man I've ever seen. By far the most intelligent and brilliant.

Don't worry and above all else don't lose hope. We will find love. We are decent people!

You're both awesome people =D Just live your life and don't force it...it'll happen.

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Expane

@korvus said:

@johnd13 said:

@elkoldo said:

You're both awesome people =D Just live your life and don't force it...it'll happen.

Yeah dont force it, but if you are having trouble meeting good people you can increase your effort. Start saying yes more to social invites. That always worked for me post college. Just go out to stuff that might not sound fun at first, but if you randomly meet someone cool it's totes worth it.

The problem is of course that once you meet someone cool, you'll be back to saying no to all the invites because you'll be busy w/ love stuff :) and friends will resent you for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Expane: Good advice ^_^

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By johnd13

@Expane said:

@korvus said:

@johnd13 said:

@elkoldo said:

Yeah dont force it, but if you are having trouble meeting good people you can increase your effort. Start saying yes more to social invites. That always worked for me post college. Just go out to stuff that might not sound fun at first, but if you randomly meet someone cool it's totes worth it.

The problem is of course that once you meet someone cool, you'll be back to saying no to all the invites because you'll be busy w/ love stuff :) and friends will resent you for it.

You are right. I'm a little more set to enrich my social life. And it's not easy for an introverted and kinda socially awkward person like me. But clearly going out twice a week for coffee/dinner/movie with my friends(who are still single like me) is not enough as I have never even come close to meeting "someone". I believe I can take it from there as long as a meeting condition is met. :) Like you said, all this until I find someone. :P

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Expane

@johnd13 said:

You are right. I'm a little more set to enrich my social life. And it's not easy for an introverted and kinda socially awkward person like me. But clearly going out twice a week for coffee/dinner/movie with my friends(who are still single like me) is not enough as I have never even come close to meeting "someone". I believe I can take it from there as long as a meeting condition is met. :) Like you said, all this until I find someone. :P

I know the feeling. I have a lot of internalized social anxiety. People I know or work with are always surprised to hear it because at my age, I am confident enough to speak to large groups of people / experts etc.. but just because I can do it, they don't see the internal struggle or how much stress it causes me.

Friends are a huge help, one time after a big breakout my friend would just simply invite me to everything he was invited to, no matter how small. I met 2 potential dates in 3 weeks of just randomly meeting up w/ his friends at a bar or someone's house. I even secured a date with one lady, but I made the mistake of going back to my old relationship instead :D

Meeting up for coffee is a nice start. but something about night-time and booze make it easier to grease the skids.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@korvus: If you say so Pedro, if you say so. I'll make sure to let you know, should I find that special someone someday :D

@johnd13: You're among the smartest and decentest men I've ever known, Ghost of Sparta. You'll get what you deserve.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 johnd13

@Expane: I've improved a lot over the years. I'm no longer the weird shy guy I once was when talking with strangers.

In this regard, my small circle of friends are pretty much clueless like me so I can't depend on them to bring the females on board. On the bright side, I'm not alone in this so we can cheer each other up.

I don't like night-life at all, I think I'm not at that phase yet. But I will give other places a try if it means enhancing my chances.

Thank you for the advice, all well said my friend.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 johnd13

@elkoldo: You are also a great person of equal smarts and decency Erfan. :) So like the gentleman in your pic said, have faith.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@-Blasphemy- said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I like girls who aren't too clingy. Some girls seemingly have nothing going on in their life besides their boyfriend and job. She'd have to be okay with only visiting twice per week regularly. Usually what happens though is the girl I date wants to spend all of our time together - making me question if this person even had a life before I showed up.

Other than that, I'm open to all types of women - they usually all have something different to offer. As long as I find them attractive. And they have to be okay with me not wanting marriage or children.

sounds like you want a cut friend not a girlfriend. your girlfriend wants to hang out with you... what is the world coming to these days.

Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean being together all the time. It's really about how well two people support each other amidst everything else going on in their lives. And it depends how far the relationship is progressed. In the first few months (or first year) of a relationship, why should any normal person want to hang out all the time when there are other aspects of life to focus on as well? Twice a week is plenty of time to hang out. If you work full time - you have only so many hours of availability. Then you need to consider friends, family, personal time, responsibilities, etc. - When the girlfriend is asking to hang out every day or every other day, it makes me wonder how vapid her life must truly be that she has nothing else to pre-occupy her thoughts and time. Then at that point I have to cut ties because there's no equilibrium to the relationship.

It's just unhealthy from a development perspective. There's no reason why you should feel so fixated on someone that you need to spend all of your time with them, especially when you're under 24. Having an appropriate amount of space is really important in a relationship. Anyone who doesn't realize that hasn't been in a lengthy relationship. There's no reason why people who've been together for years wouldn't want to spend all their time together - that is completely fair, but the girls I'm referring to are ones that grow super attached within a couple of months of the relationship. There are tons of young women, after spending a few months with them, that are already imagining the rest of your lives together. It's creepily idealistic and optimistic on their behalves.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

What do I look for IN a woman? My d*ck! :P

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

I like a laid back, open, sweet guy. Has to be into gaming. Cute. Glasses and a beard are a plus. Also helps if we have similar taste in music. :)

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I like girls who aren't too clingy. Some girls seemingly have nothing going on in their life besides their boyfriend and job. She'd have to be okay with only visiting twice per week regularly. Usually what happens though is the girl I date wants to spend all of our time together - making me question if this person even had a life before I showed up.

Other than that, I'm open to all types of women - they usually all have something different to offer. As long as I find them attractive. And they have to be okay with me not wanting marriage or children.

sounds like you want a cut friend not a girlfriend. your girlfriend wants to hang out with you... what is the world coming to these days.

Being in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean being together all the time. It's really about how well two people support each other amidst everything else going on in their lives. And it depends how far the relationship is progressed. In the first few months (or first year) of a relationship, why should any normal person want to hang out all the time when there are other aspects of life to focus on as well? Twice a week is plenty of time to hang out. If you work full time - you have only so many hours of availability. Then you need to consider friends, family, personal time, responsibilities, etc. - When the girlfriend is asking to hang out every day or every other day, it makes me wonder how vapid her life must truly be that she has nothing else to pre-occupy her thoughts and time. Then at that point I have to cut ties because there's no equilibrium to the relationship.

It's just unhealthy from a development perspective. There's no reason why you should feel so fixated on someone that you need to spend all of your time with them, especially when you're under 24. Having an appropriate amount of space is really important in a relationship. Anyone who doesn't realize that hasn't been in a lengthy relationship. There's no reason why people who've been together for years wouldn't want to spend all their time together - that is completely fair, but the girls I'm referring to are ones that grow super attached within a couple of months of the relationship. There are tons of young women, after spending a few months with them, that are already imagining the rest of your lives together. It's creepily idealistic and optimistic on their behalves.

so you can get to know the person.

that is what dating is all about though, unless you dont want that then you would need to specify that in the begining. like i said, you dont want a girlfriend, you want a cut friend.