In movies the line is constantly blurred between comedy and stupidity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
One example being Scary Movie 4. That movie was such a pain to actually sit through and watch. I had to force myself to in hopes that it would get better...but it didn't and I came away thoroughly dissapointed. Hell number 3 was better and funnier and so were 1 and 2. My point is when does comedy in movies just fail because the directors try too hard? When is just the right amount of "nonsense" enough for a good laugh?
TheManOfChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheManOfChoice
Member since 2003 • 4148 Posts
In my opinion, 3 was the worst, then 4. The part where they make fun of million dollar baby was hilarious, how could you not laugh at that.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
More like the line is blurred between comedy and god-damn-painfully-cringing-to-watch
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
One example being Scary Movie 4. That movie was such a pain to actually sit through and watch. I had to force myself to in hopes that it would get better...but it didn't and I came away thoroughly dissapointed. Hell number 3 was better and funnier and so were 1 and 2. My point is when does comedy in movies just fail because the directors try too hard? When is just the right amount of "nonsense" enough for a good laugh?KrunkMastaX
That could be part of the reason. Another major part is the writing staff. If you have a turd of a writer and a good visual director, you have a very eye pleasing turd on your hands.
Advance_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Advance_101
Member since 2003 • 18751 Posts
Just name any movie with William Ferrel in it.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 krunkmastax
[QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]One example being Scary Movie 4. That movie was such a pain to actually sit through and watch. I had to force myself to in hopes that it would get better...but it didn't and I came away thoroughly dissapointed. Hell number 3 was better and funnier and so were 1 and 2. My point is when does comedy in movies just fail because the directors try too hard? When is just the right amount of "nonsense" enough for a good laugh?Hallenbeck77
That could be part of the reason. Another major part is the writing staff. If you have a turd of a writer and a good visual director, you have a very eye pleasing turd on your hands.

Lol the irony of that post is astounding.
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 krunkmastax
More like the line is blurred between comedy and god-damn-painfully-cringing-to-watchmmogoon
Agreed.
Just name any movie with William Ferrel in it.Advance_101
Touche that is so true.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]One example being Scary Movie 4. That movie was such a pain to actually sit through and watch. I had to force myself to in hopes that it would get better...but it didn't and I came away thoroughly dissapointed. Hell number 3 was better and funnier and so were 1 and 2. My point is when does comedy in movies just fail because the directors try too hard? When is just the right amount of "nonsense" enough for a good laugh?KrunkMastaX

Lol the irony of that post is astounding.

I'm just a geek who gets paid good money to supervise other geeks renting bad movies to customers.
MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
I see the same line blurred in OT.
Avatar image for AmericanSk8land
AmericanSk8land

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AmericanSk8land
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
Scary Movie 3 was the best if you like Aiplane and Naked Gun humor.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
[QUOTE="KrunkMastaX"]One example being Scary Movie 4. That movie was such a pain to actually sit through and watch. I had to force myself to in hopes that it would get better...but it didn't and I came away thoroughly dissapointed. Hell number 3 was better and funnier and so were 1 and 2. My point is when does comedy in movies just fail because the directors try too hard? When is just the right amount of "nonsense" enough for a good laugh?Hallenbeck77

*clutches stitch in chest* ROFL :lol:
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Scary Movie 3 was the best if you like Aiplane and Naked Gun humor.AmericanSk8land
Actually from the same director of those films-too bad not from the same writers.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
If you want them to be, all movies are really stupid. You can break down humor easily enough.