In case you needed another reason to despise North Korea

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/world/asia/north-koreans-toil-in-slavelike-conditions-abroad-rights-groups-say.html

Long story short, apparently North Korea sends contract workers abroad to work in slave like conditions in places like Russia and the Middle East and all their wages go directly to the North Korean regime's bank accounts.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Already have more than enough... but hey, one more just makes the pile that much higher.

There will be a revolution soon (I'm thinking 5-10 years). I saw a brand new documentary on the country recently and there is a huge clandestine movement to bring pirate radio, South Korean television programs and cell phones into the country. And there are even high-ups in the military that don't like how Kim Jong-Un and his elites are running things.

It's merely a matter of when now, not if.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56075 Posts

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

you should also note there family's lives are at risk if they decide to not show up for uh work.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Loading Video...

Seriously, I'm surprised nobody has came in here yet to talk about how the US is somehow worse.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Wouldn't it also be fair to hate the countries they are sending them too, considering those slave-like conditions are in those countries? Didn't read the article though...

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Already knew about this. Can't believe such dictatorship has lasted for this long to be honest.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#10 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I don't despise North Korea or any other country.I think Americans should worry about there own backyard and stay out of everybody else's.Every country has issues of their own,if you can't take care of your own problems in your country,then you can't take care of any other country's issues either.

Americans/Allies mind your own business.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

I don't despise North Korea or any other country.I think Americans should worry about there own backyard and stay out of everybody else's.Every country has issues of their own,if you can't take care of your own problems in your country,then you can't take care of any other country's issues either.

I usually think this way but North Korea is beyond 'just having problems'.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Human rights are a problem for humanity. Drawing a line at one's "nation" just perpetuates the problem.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Those "slave laborers" don't realize how fortunate they are. It is an honor to toil to enrich the noble regime of the one true Korea.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

imperialist lies backed by nothing as usual.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#15 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I fully support an American invasion. What's taking so long, guys?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@SolidSnake35 said:

I fully support an American invasion. What's taking so long, guys?

Probably the fact that within the first hour of an invasion North Korea can shoot thousands of artillery rounds into Seoul, killing countless South Korean civilians. North Korea is literally holding South Korea hostage to prevent an attack.

If no major South Korean cities were in North Korean artillery range we probably would have invaded them decades ago. That was the good thing about when the US invaded Iraq from Kuwait, nothing but abandoned desert near the Iraqi border outside of a few sheep herders we would see while training.

Yeah, I know that you was probably trolling with your post, but I thought I would put a serious answer for anybody that doesn't know the reason why we haven't put American boots on the ground in Pyongyang yet since the most common reason people like to say we won't invade is the fact that the DPRK doesn't have any oil to take.