Important Update to the GameSpot Community Code of Conduct

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by foxhound_fox (87683 posts) -

I'm confused as to what has actually changed. Hate speech and threats were both not allowed under the old ToU and the ancient ToS. Both are technically illegal acts that could net the site and CBS in legal trouble. Genuine hate speech and threats were handled promptly and with extreme prejudice. I'm not seeing what has actually changed here.

#52 Edited by Lu_Bu01 (13539 posts) -

@DigitalDame are the unbannings permanent? Does using 'spacecat' for the beta have anything to do with Kcube?

#53 Edited by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -

Why isn't OTAH allowed as a hidden board that can only be found through search?

#54 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

I'm confused as to what has actually changed. Hate speech and threats were both not allowed under the old ToU and the ancient ToS. Both are technically illegal acts that could net the site and CBS in legal trouble. Genuine hate speech and threats were handled promptly and with extreme prejudice. I'm not seeing what has actually changed here.

This is my issue......nothing has been clarified and hate speech was always disallowed.

#55 Posted by dave123321 (33782 posts) -

Not relevant to OT guys

#56 Posted by thegerg (14858 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Will some sort of review process be in place in order to ensure that moderation for hate speech are, in fact, handed out only for cases of hate speech, or will users still see instances of accusations of racism due to ignorance of the moderater doing the moderating?

On that note, will use of the word "retard" or "retarded" be modded in accordance with ToU, or will it continue to be modded whenever it is used even when not in violation of the rules?

#57 Posted by BranKetra (48128 posts) -

I still remember how some users asserted laxed rules would lead to increased activity. Where are they now?

#58 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -

I still remember how some users asserted laxed rules would lead to increased activity. Where are they now?

staff b& them

#59 Posted by BranKetra (48128 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

staff b& them

I do not understand what you mean. Could you explain?

#60 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -

@CptJSparrow said:

@BranKetra said:

staff b& them

I think you're referring to a group of people including rawsavon. They were all banned by staff shortly after the ToU change.

#61 Posted by BranKetra (48128 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@CptJSparrow said:

@BranKetra said:

staff b& them

I think you're referring to a group of people including rawsavon. They were all banned by staff shortly after the ToU change.

b&=banned

I understand that now.

Yes, that was the group working for that. Banned users were unbanned during the transition from the old site to this one, so they could all be online right now.

#62 Posted by dave123321 (33782 posts) -

@BranKetra: they left because they didn't enjoy things anymore

#64 Posted by maaximuss (2 posts) -

Using this site for over 15 years, i really hate what it has become. Tired of lags, lack of information, incessant change and many more. I am done here

#65 Edited by gba1989 (144 posts) -

Oh fu...errr..Oh fun! Lots of fun! :D