I'm lacking motivation to work out, any advice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Le-Beave
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

Hey guys, a few months back I went on a get fit crusade cos I noticed how out of shape I was getting. But I moved house about 2 weeks ago and all my motivation is now gone. I'm not sure if it's because my housemates are constantly here, or I'm self-conscious, but anyway, I havent worked out since I moved in and need some advice before It gets worse...

Any help would be brilliant, thanks.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

Cardio seems to be the easiest for me to get into. Helps get the blood pumpin' then you can do anything. =D

I'm having a problem myself though, half hour into any kind of exercise (cardio, weights, etc) I feel like I'm gonna throw-up, so i have to stop. It's been like this for a bout a month now, not sure why...

Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Le-Beave

You should probably see a doctor, and I really dont know what to do!!!!! :(

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baconbits2004
Hmm, if you're too demotivated to attempt anything, I'd try an energy drink. Sometimes just the thought of drinking an AMP, or Rockstar can get me all ready to go. Do energy drinks work for you at all?
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Okay.

See that guy with the better body than you who is banging the girl of your dreams? Yeah? She's letting him do that because of his rocking bod. The rocking bod you don't have. GO GET IT!

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
You either want something or you don't....it is either worth your free time or it isn't No one here can give you motivation that will last. That has to be interval. All people here can do is give tips on what to do once you get to the gym
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Yep, cardio, but they tell you to do the opposite no? Weights then cardio, in that order it's harder............
Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts
Don't... simple, motivation is the key to success without it your wasting your time and it usually comes naturally.
Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

I work out, I hate it. I despise it. Through the whole workout I'm not happy and want it to be over but I still do it,

And why? Because the next day I find myself staring at what I have built up and when the working time comes, so does my rage.

For me its like I hate the journey but I love the destination.
For example long car trips or bus trips etc where you really can't take it and you're so bored but once you get to you're spot, you'll never regret it.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baconbits2004
Yep, cardio, but they tell you to do the opposite no? Weights then cardio, in that order it's harder............X360PS3AMD05
Hmm, in P90X they say to do cardio in the morning and resistance in the afternoon.... which reminds me, I had never felt more motivated when I first printed out my P90X calendar. It had all the work-outs printed on it, and it made me feel like I *had* to do each one every day. Very motivating. :)
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Baconbits2004
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]You either want something or you don't....it is either worth your free time or it isn't No one here can give you motivation that will last. That has to be interval. All people here can do is give tips on what to do once you get to the gym

Some people do fall into 'slumps' though. I remember I couldn't work-out for a couple of weeks after i hurt my arm. Even after it felt better I didn't really feel motivated to do much of anything... then my brother asked if I wanted to work-out with him, we did, and I got back into the groove of things.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I find that motivation is a difficult thing to will. You either are or aren't. I once got to be about 40 lbs. overweight, ate poorly, and pretty much didn't take care of myself, until one day I simply got fed up of the hassles that the extra pounds brought (knee problems starting, mobility, my appearance).I busted my ass everyday at the gym for months to burn it off, I was a man on a mission. You have to seriously desire something, then motivation will come naturally. If you don't, it won't, so don't even bother.

From my experience anyways...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

You could try giving up masturbating for a while.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Yep, cardio, but they tell you to do the opposite no? Weights then cardio, in that order it's harder............Baconbits2004
Hmm, in P90X they say to do cardio in the morning and resistance in the afternoon.... which reminds me, I had never felt more motivated when I first printed out my P90X calendar. It had all the work-outs printed on it, and it made me feel like I *had* to do each one every day. Very motivating. :)

Where do you get that? Now i just need something to make food drop out of thin air that's healthy and proportional and i'm good.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Lisetn to good music, work out with a friend or just think about what your life will be like if you don't.
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

Okay.

See that guy with the better body than you who is banging the girl of your dreams? Yeah? She's letting him do that because of his rocking bod. The rocking bod you don't have. GO GET IT!

freek666
I told you guys to stop peeking! :x
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

Cardio seems to be the easiest for me to get into. Helps get the blood pumpin' then you can do anything. =D

I'm having a problem myself though, half hour into any kind of exercise (cardio, weights, etc) I feel like I'm gonna throw-up, so i have to stop. It's been like this for a bout a month now, not sure why...

Baconbits2004
Probably because you're working out way too hard. Same thing happened to me with weights; I was just lifting too much, too fast. OP, you're just going to have to build back a habit and stick to it.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
Think of the *****.
PerfectCircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PerfectCircles
Member since 2009 • 2359 Posts
Stand naked in front of a mirror and examine your every flaw.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

Imagine Richard Simmons sweaty and smothered in your favorite food. That should help you put down the fork for a while.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

When you see the results, that is motivation enough.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
[QUOTE="Le-Beave"]

Hey guys, a few months back I went on a get fit crusade cos I noticed how out of shape I was getting. But I moved house about 2 weeks ago and all my motivation is now gone. I'm not sure if it's because my housemates are constantly here, or I'm self-conscious, but anyway, I havent worked out since I moved in and need some advice before It gets worse...

Any help would be brilliant, thanks.

play more vieo gmes. that usually helps.
Le-Beave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Le-Beave

Yeah, its not that I can't do it, cos I know I can, I have before, it's just a slump i'm in. I got to a point where I was noticing big positive changes, but now I just cant find the effort.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

Yeah, its not that I can't do it, cos I know I can, I have before, it's just a slump i'm in. I got to a point where I was noticing big positive changes, but now I just cant find the effort.

Le-Beave
Then don't...simple as that. I realize that it sounds mean, but you should do what makes you happy/what you want to do with your free time. If you can't motivate yourself, that means it is not worth it to you...might as well spend your excess time doing what you want to
Plzhelpmelearn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Plzhelpmelearn
Member since 2010 • 1270 Posts

Meditate. Seriously get in silence. Close your eyes and clear your mind. Then think about what you want to look like and the reasons you are working out. Now think about what you will be doing instead of working out if you don't like maybe play vg or post on GS. just sit and focus on these two possibilities for a few minutes. Then get up and make your decision.