I'm confused about this girl...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

Ok OT! I need your expertise on girls for this! But i'm actually serious about this.

Ok, this story begins about a month ago. This girl, we will call her jane for the story, and i are good friends and have been for awhile. So on MSN she asks me who do I like (as in a relationship). But the problem is Jane was the girl i like and i didn't want to tell her over the internet, so i told her i will tomorrow at school. Then she gets all mad because she would rather know it over MSN and wondered what the big deal was. I told her that i would tell her tomorrow and we changed the subject.

The next day she didn't come to school. So later that day I log on to MSN and oh joy, she's on. She starts a conversation with me and asks who i like again. I told her i refused to tell her. She got mad and told me that she wasn't going to ask again.

So today i decided to try to ask her out. So as we are walking to school together i start to tell her, feeling nervous. I said, "You know how you have been wondering who i like? Well the girl i like is..." Then she interrupted, "I don't want to hear it!" I then start telling her i want to tell her now. She refused to listen.

So i can't tell what she is thinking now. A couple of my friends say that i make it obvious that i like her. So i'm thinking it's either...

a) She knows i like her but she doesn't like me back. She doesn't want to say no to me, so she is trying to avoid the question.

or

b) She is completely clueless to the situation and thinks its a harmless answer she can live with or without.

So what should i do here? I really want a relationship but i'm not sure about her.

microsoft4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 microsoft4life
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
You should tell her, its never good to leave things like that unresolved and possibly regrettable.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I've had two situations that make up that situation. The first was where the girl kept asking me who I liked because she liked me, the second was where the girl asked me because she already knew the answer because it was, apprantly, obvious that I liked her, even though up until that point I hadn't actually realised I liked her (in "that" way) myself.

In short, tell her you didn't tell her because you wanted to tell her you liked her in person.

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

she doesnt like you back!, she is using man as a cover, if you say something she finds ackward she can hide behind msn, if you tell her in real life she will have to say dace to face she doesnt like you.

wich will be bad for both of you

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#5 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
I think she's just mad that u were so stubborn about telling her it that she doesn't even want to hear about it anymore. Tell her over MSN sometime or if u have the guts, just tell her u like her in person and that's who it was.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nintendoman562

she doesnt like you back!, she is using man as a cover, if you say something she finds ackward she can hide behind msn, if you tell her in real life she will have to say dace to face she doesnt like you.

sAndroid17
I'd rather get a no than these mind games tbh.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="sAndroid17"]

wouldnt we all! that is just how i interpreted it btw, i could be wrong
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#8 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
the girl wants to be the dealer, don't let her be
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
just blow it off and if she doesn't wanna know then it doesn't matter and start looking for someone else. during this time i think you should prolly go ahead and take some lessons on how to subtley change a subject because it sounds like you're terrible at it.
monsterslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 monsterslash
Member since 2008 • 361 Posts
ignore her, play hard to get. and don't look desperate. :)
da_carnivore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 da_carnivore
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
She knows you like her and she likes you back. But she thought you were a being a little girl when you wouldn't confess your love for her and now she is mad at you.
geodisicdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 geodisicdome
Member since 2005 • 13663 Posts
She's the confusing one, not you. my advice? ditch msn and if she likes you as much as you like her, she will find new ways to spend time and talk to you. Which in time will lead to a stronger relationship.
Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Parandrus
Member since 2008 • 2511 Posts
You should have told her that second time on MSN, because now she probably doesn't care.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 z4twenny

You should have told her that second time on MSN, because now she probably doesn't care.Parandrus

this. if shes "mad at you" or whatever, make like it doesn't bother you. that drives chicks NUTS!!! not in a bad way necessarily, chicks like guys who are jerks but not incredible jerks. don't talk ridiculous smack or egg her house or whatever, just be enough of a jerk to make her interested in you again (ignore a couple phone calls cuz you were "busy" or feel free to express that you disagree with her opinion on something that you genuinely disagree on) don't ask my why it works, it just does.

Hypochondria9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Hypochondria9
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
well you could just tell her you like her, the worst thing that could happen is that she friend zones you.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
sounds like shes mad cause thinks it wont be her. How old are you?
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoman562
well you could just tell her you like her, the worst thing that could happen is that she friend zones you. Hypochondria9
I'd be fine with being her friend, but i'd rather have a relationship.
sounds like shes mad cause it wont be her. How old are you?blazinpuertoroc
We are both 15. I'm still new at this :P.
Babolu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Babolu
Member since 2005 • 498 Posts
It's neither A or B. She's just mad that you wouldn't tell her when she wanted to know. Tell her as soon as you can, internet or not. If you want a relationship with this girl, then what is the point in hiding it?
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
[QUOTE="sAndroid17"]

nintendoman562

Well, just tell her anyway and see how she reacts. Atm it doesn't look like you can persuade her in to it - just for it. :)
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WtFDragon
Member since 2004 • 4176 Posts

Okay, let's review the story...

Ok OT! I need your expertise on girls for this! But i'm actually serious about this.

Ok, this story begins about a month ago. This girl, we will call her jane for the story, and i are good friends and have been for awhile. So on MSN she asks me who do I like (as in a relationship). But the problem is Jane was the girl i like and i didn't want to tell her over the internet, so i told her i will tomorrow at school...nintendoman562

Aaaaaaaaaaand we can stop here, pretty much.

Most girls hate mind games (or, at least, hate when people play mind games with them). Sounds like Jane hates minds games. You were playing a mind game, although you might not call it that...she probably would, and it infuriated her.

Also, I'd give you good odds that she's reasoned out who you like, figured out that it's her, and would rather not discuss the matter with you because of the aforementioned mind games (that, and maybe she's just not into you).

So...um...(a)?

Basically, you should have just told her when she asked. Or, failing that, stepped away from the keyboard and called her then and there. Putting it off like you did pretty much killed any chance you had.

nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
Ask her.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"]

Ok, this story begins about a month ago. This girl, we will call her jane for the story, and i are good friends and have been for awhile. So on MSN she asks me who do I like (as in a relationship). But the problem is Jane was the girl i like and i didn't want to tell her over the internet, so i told her i will tomorrow at school...WtFDragon

Most girls hate mind games (or, at least, hate when people play mind games with them). Sounds like Jane hates minds games. You were playing a mind game, although you might not call it that...she probably would, and it infuriated her.

Also, I'd give you good odds that she's reasoned out who you like, figured out that it's her, and would rather not discuss the matter with you because of the aforementioned mind games (that, and maybe she's just not into you).

So...um...(a)?

What?
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WtFDragon
[QUOTE="WtFDragon"]

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"]

Ok, this story begins about a month ago. This girl, we will call her jane for the story, and i are good friends and have been for awhile. So on MSN she asks me who do I like (as in a relationship). But the problem is Jane was the girl i like and i didn't want to tell her over the internet, so i told her i will tomorrow at school...DigitalExile

So...um...(a)?

What?

See the edit I added -- I've yet to meet the girl who likes it when people play mind games with her (although I'll grant that most girls are excellent mind gamers themselves).
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 z4twenny
^ they hate having mind games played on them. they like playing them on other people. its a control/power thing generally. subsequently one who is typically confident in themselves it doesn't bother.
morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts
tell her that you wanted to tell her in person. if she likes you that much then she'll be happy you waited. honestly when you tell her, even if she refuses to listen, say it anyway. if you miss this chance you'll regret it for sure.
rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rockon1215
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts
She wants to steal your cookies. Punch her in the face and run.
red0584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 red0584
Member since 2008 • 4040 Posts
Just drop it for a while until she remembers about it and starts to want to know again, and you may have to tell her on MSN, though.
WtFDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WtFDragon
Bitter experience has taught me this much: say it when you can, and before you say anything else, or you might not get a chance to say it at all.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Wow, you fail.

You should have just told her over MSN.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Wow, you fail.

You should have just told her over MSN.

Niff_T

^^^ What this guy said right here. ^^^

scaryteddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 scaryteddy
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts
It's true she might be trying to hide behind MSN, but it doesn't matter. If you like her than tell her, unfortunately I think you started the head games by refusing to tell her over and over on MSN. Listen, just because you tell her something on MSN, over the phone, or write her a letter, doesn't make it any less real if you really mean what your saying. If you guys are meant to be, then way down the line it won't matter at all how the first conversation about all this came up. just tell her what your thinking and don't wait anymore.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
She either likes you and thinks you dont like her or doesn't like you and just figured out you like her. tell her on msn, jeez.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i t sounds like she doesn't like u or something.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Here's what you do: Ask her out. She will have no choice but to give you an answer.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
You should tell her, its never good to leave things like that unresolved and possibly regrettable. microsoft4life
This! No regrets! Good luck sir!
Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dave_Bonds
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts
She wants to steal your cookies. Punch her in the face and run.rockon1215
Hahahahha! Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, I just about pissed myself. I love the approach on that one. Good job. I've been in a healty relationship for over nine years now with someone that I met when I was 16. It was not without it's games and I can see right through what she is doing with you. My advice; Don't use the word like or phraise "I like you." or literally ask "Will you go out with me?" Relationships aren't black and white. There are a lot of gray areas in them and I can promise you that you will continue to learn that as you go on. Get into your local paper and see what's up in town. Invite her some place with you. If you're broke, invite her over to watch a movie or maybe just invite her to go some place with you that is practical for both of you and inexpensive. Personally, I think it would have more of a lasting and beneficial effect to answer her question with actions, rather than words. Make it evident that you respect her and enjoy her company. You could even say something like that. Something as simple as "I like hanging out with you. I'm always in for fun when we go do stuff." would mean a lot to that person, regardless of where you stand in the relationship. There is no difference between a best friend and girlfriend. If you can continue being who you are and do what you love to do around this person, you will both be happy. Should this go somewhere for you both, of the nine years I have spent with my wonderful lady, the best piece of advice I can give you is this- Relationships are held together by embracing and supporting eachother in your personal interests, even if it doesn't interest you particularly. And most importantly, relationships are only as strong as you are with tolerating eachothers differences. Just go in with a clear head, keep it simple. Go and have some fun somewhere with her, man. It's that simple.
Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dave_Bonds
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts
And belive me when I say that she knows. She skipped school because of what you were going to tell her and again when she stopped you in the middle of your sentince. She's been thinking about this as much as you have.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I had a girl do this to me before...I knew right away she was talking about me...and I turned out to be right.

Odds are she knows its her or one of her friends.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Approach her openly and sincerely and just tell her how you feel. If she resists, tell her you need to be serious about this and have her listen. If she is scared about what you are going to say then work your way to it slowly and gingerly. She needs to know and you need to know if there is a possibility of things between you. If neither of you find out then the problem will only compound and make things worse in time.

You also need to prepare yourself for any possible outcome, positive or negative, in favour of your desires or not. Accept and respect what she has to say and she will do the same for you. I can tell you, keeping things hidden and beating around the bush only makes things worse over time... especially if she doesn't know you have an interest in her and you develop intense feelings for her, then if you are turned down, it will be the most devastating thing ever instead of just a mild disappointment.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
O to be young and in junior high/ high school again haha:P
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts
You should tell her, its never good to leave things like that unresolved and possibly regrettable. microsoft4life
Next time you talk to her, just say it very quickly like that one episode of Family Guy when they showed us a clip of what Peter Would be like on crack.... Or was it ecstasy. Just say "Jane I like you!!!" She won't even have a chance to say she doesn't want to hear it.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Tell her.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
Only one solution.... Kill her.
danmam2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 danmam2
Member since 2008 • 393 Posts
If your friends say it's obvious that you like her, it's almost a sure thing she knows this. Girls pick up on these things a lot quicker than guys (in fact, this summer at work I was asked by "girl A" if I had no sex drive because I wasn't picking up "obvious" hints that "girl B" liked me...which were obviously not obvious to me). The fact that she kept asking you who you like probably indicates that she has guessed that you like her and wants to hear it from you.
-Panjera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Panjera-
Member since 2008 • 436 Posts
Hmm... well being a girl I'd interpret it like this... She asked you who you like cause she likes you, and then thought cause you wouldn't tell her on msn that you didn't wanna offend her by saying that you liked someone else, then she got mad and didn't wanna hear it in person because she thought you were going to tell her it was someone else. but, who knows! Maybe just do something sweet for her to show her you like her.
xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
sounds like you might need to grow a pair....just tell her you like her....its not a big deal at all
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
blurt it out