mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

So I guess there's a pretty big lotto pot out there, which brings some questions to mind:

1. Would you take the lump sum, or the installment payments?
  2. Who would you tell?
  3. Would you try to remain anonymous? Or go on TV and announce it?
  4. Would you get a financial team of advisors, lawyers, and accountants? Or go it alone and figure it out?
  5. Anything else you want to add?
  6. *Oh yeah, and how would you spend it? On some fun stuff, specifically, like what would you splurge on??

I've never bought a lotto ticket, believe it or not. Mid-30's and never bought a ticket, that seems wrong haha.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online

1. I would take the lump sum. First off, it's more than enough; if it was 800 million, you'd probably get a bit over 400 million after taxes. That's plenty. Also, as one winner said, "tomorrow is not guaranteed". I'm still young so the installments are tempting, but the lump sum would be good because I'd know how much I have and, frankly, I don't want my money going to the state if I die or something happens haha.

2. No one. Well, maybe my mom and dad and sister. But the problem is, I know my mom would tell my aunt. And my aunt would tell my cousins. And then my cousins would tell...and you see where I am going with this.

3. Anonymous, holy shit, I don't want anyone knowing I won for the most part haha, but I especially would not want the public knowing. Honestly I am surprised you still have to make it known publicly in some areas, that almost seems like it's inviting danger (scammers, thieves, burglars, kidnappers, etc).

4. I would definitely get a team of money people. I'd figure out a plan for my life--buy a modest home, a monthly allowance, and so forth--and then I would save a lot of it. I would want a certain amount per month to invest as well, and I'd also make some pretty large investments right off the bat to guarantee this money lasts a few generations. Establish some trusts, and so on. I don't have any kids (yet) but I'd make some trusts for my sister, niece and nephew, and so on.

I do enjoy playing the stock market, though, and figuring stuff out on my own, so I'd probably do some of it without advisers.

5. I definitely dream about winning the lottery but that's all. Probably why I've never played before. It's sort of like dreaming about flying, never gonna happen.

6. I would buy:

• A modest, but nice, house in the woods or something. Probably no bigger than a four-bedroom, two bath deal. It would have really nice appliances, a crazy awesome kitchen, and a gym with all kinds of weight lifting stuff.
    • One room would be a dedicated gaming room, with a great VR setup (i.e. large open space to move around in).
    • Would buy myself a new car. Nothing crazy, probably a neat Volvo V60 station wagon. I might spend a bit more to turn it into a sleeper, get the horsepower up there. Make it handle real nice.
    • Maybe try to get myself off the grid...mostly. Solar panels, Tesla electric car, well system for water, and so on. Would love to have a large garden as well. The more I think about it, the more I realize I'd probably live on a small ranch.
    • Find a new hobby. Obviously I would still game, but I'd probably get more into lifting weights, hire a trainer that does home visits. I've always wanted to weld or woodwork, would get into that stuff.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

So I guess there's a pretty big lotto pot out there, which brings some questions to mind:

2. Who would you tell?
  4. Would you get a financial team of advisors, lawyers, and accountants? Or go it alone and figure it out?
  6. *Oh yeah, and how would you spend it? On some fun stuff, specifically, like what would you splurge on??

I've never bought a lotto ticket, believe it or not. Mid-30's and never bought a ticket, that seems wrong haha.

1. Installments. I like predictability and security.

2. Mom.

3. Anon.

4. No help. I've ran businesses before so I can handle it.

5. Ketchup.

6. I want a particle accelerator. A big one.

Edit: Also have never bought a lotto ticket.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

1. That entirely depends on the amount as the monthly payments could vary wildly, but more than likely a lump sum. The more you win, the more they take.

2. I would tell absolutely no one except my parents who I’d immediately take out to a five star restaurant and give half to after paying the check. I’d ask my parents to keep mum about it but know that’d be an unrealistic expectation.

3. Anonymous. By far the stupidest thing you could possibly do would be to announce your wealth to the public. I would do my very best to keep it secret, even to those who knew me.

4. I would immediately seek out a top tier financial adviser and lawyer and get them in my employ and seek their advice before I made a single move.

5. In all truthfulness I’d take a week to ponder how my life would be changing. I live on $1200 a month of disability currently so would need some time to think over many things.

For what I’d spend on:

• my first priority would be to invest in property. I still live with my parents so gaining my independence would be of paramount importance.

• I’ve always loved horses and would look into buying a large ranch in Colorado.

• as far as splurging, I’d buy my dream car: a 1996 Porsche 993.

• I would hire a five star chef to cook for me (and teach me how to cook) and a personal trainer.

• I’d pursue my pilot’s license and purchase a small prop plane.

• I’d be interested in learning how to sail, and may eventually buy my own boat.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

1. Installments. Too much money in one account to have unlimited access to is dangerous. A shocking amount of big lottery winners end up broke and I wouldn’t want to fall into that camp.

2. Everyone. Suffer, bitches!

3. Anonymous. I don’t need strangers knowing my bizz.

4. Go it alone for the most part and hire an accountant without power of attorney for tax crap.

5. Not really

6. I’m not very materialistic so I’d just buy a house and car for my immediate family. Nothing too fancy of a car. Probably just a few Cadillac ATSs.

I buy lottery tickets all the time. Just a single draw every week. I know the odds are ridiculously bad, but knowing I’m qualified for a draw makes getting through a rough day at work a bit easier.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Lump sum for sure. Large payments for a long period of time sounds nice, but there are many problems with it. Inflation for one, as each year that you keep getting those payments they are worth relatively less and less each year. Plus, you aren't earning interest on money you haven't been paid yet. Better to take it up front (even if it's less) and put that into a solid investment that starts earning you money. Well invested, not only would the amount sustain you but you could generate new revenue off of it.

2. Literally nobody except my wife.

3. See number 2.

4. I have an accountant now who I'd work with.

6 (changing up the order for better flow). I'd buy an upgraded Tesla from my current one. I have every option except the "performance" version with a bigger battery. I'd get the best version of my sedan, and I'd encourage my wife to get the SUV version.

5. We do alright, so I don't feel like we have any particular need to win the lotto or that we'd be particularly deserving of such a windfall. Also, I think that winning a big cash prize would dilute our own accomplishments. Still, I would not say "no" to winning the effing lotto.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Oh, this seems fun...become a shark and swim in the vast oceans.

On a serious note,

1. LARGE SUM OF MONEY

2. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE

3. LOL, ANONYMOUS

4. Yes, an acountant and advisors and maybe a couple of lawyers.

5. *DEEP BREATH IN, DEEP BREATH OUT*

First, I would buy a studio and and maybe make some deals with some first parties platforms. Ofcourse hire employees and try create a game. Since I have lots of money I would hire reputable directors, designers, producers etc and put them in senior positions. The rest will be made of mid level experienced and newly arrived elmployees. I might also pick a state with a low taxes to set up my studio but also I don't want to leave my hometown so if I do win the lottery, there will two paths that I will have to choose, one of the deciding factors of my new-found career. The first game would be a high-end fantasy rpg game that is inspired by Boiware games and Elder Scrolls. I already have some stuff written down in my blog so I'm going to walk into the video game industry prepared of game ideas. The the number one thing I would be worried about is my ambitious goals since it is set so high and my lack of business experience.

6. With the rest of my money I would buy a home but a decent house and pay all my mortgage in one payment.

* Install a tv in my bathroom...( as I'm writing this, half of post was written in the bathroom...)

* Buy an electric car.

* Own Big Cat(s)( lions, tiger, cheetah etc)

* Buy a small criuseship which will used for family parties, work parties, social parties, holiday parties, vacations, etc.

- rec. room

- garden room for low oxygen people ;)

- indoor swimming pool( if I can fit it)

- state of the art bathrooms

- guest cabins

_ indoor basketball court( same thing, if I can fit it)

- theater room/movie room

- big dinning room

* And ofcourse video gaming products

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

With the 750 million I'd take the cautious side, and likely take lump sum cause would be an incredible amount of money I wouldn't know what to do with, I was telling my Mom with that kind of money I could give everyone I know a million.

I'd probably quietly move out of my house and move whole family together. I feel I'd be like Rob Dydrek, buy a warehouse to do all sorts of shit in. But I'd probably just become a philanthropist, likely invest in my passions and what not. Then again, I'd probably be like Chevy Chase in Caddyshack.

However, I had dreams of winning it, but someone else got it. I'd take a cool million or so, but maybe next time.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@Byshop said:

1. Lump sum for sure. Large payments for a long period of time sounds nice, but there are many problems with it. Inflation for one, as each year that you keep getting those payments they are worth relatively less and less each year. Plus, you aren't earning interest on money you haven't been paid yet. Better to take it up front (even if it's less) and put that into a solid investment that starts earning you money. Well invested, not only would the amount sustain you but you could generate new revenue off of it.

Annuity winnings do earn interest.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It depends on how much money I actually win. I need at least 3 million to quit my job and still have the same quality of life. Another 1-2 million would flow into a nice house. An additional 1-2 million would increase the quality of life. The next few millions would be gifted to my family (parents, brother). The rest would be money I use to be part of startups or to kickstart projects I like

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

I find it strange that a couple of you are 'dreaming about the lottery' but have never bought a ticket? I have mine set up on Direct Debit lol, only £8-10 per month depending how many Saturdays are in the month but you never know, I could be a millionaire one day!

1. Probably lump sum

2. My girlfriend and parents for sure. Friends would probably find out but I'd be very aware that some 'friends' would become more friendly than before if you know what I mean.

3. Anonymous, definitely. Don't need to be a target.

4. My cousin is a financial adviser already, would probably get her advice.

5. I'm tired.

6. New cars. A sensible one for day to day, and then a silly one or two. New technology, the best TVs/Computers you could possibly get. I'd purchase a new house and make it a smart home, as it's bloody expensive to do right now. Two Philips Hue lightbulbs for £80?! Pfffttt. And then I'd go on lots of holidays, visit countries and parts of the world I've never been to. Oh and quit my job obviously ha.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Lump sum
  2. Only close family nobody else
  3. Remain Anoymous
  4. Probably financial team
  5. No
  6. I would move to California and buy a mansion looking over downtown.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

as shown here

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56259 Posts

I really don't play Lottery at all and I'm not the one for gambling anyways, but however, if I won the lottery you say:

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Lump sum is the safest way to do it and as much as I can get it.
  2. My mother, my youngest sister, (not my other 2 sisters cause they are jerks now) Girlfriend & Daughter because we look out for each other.
  3. Anonymous because I'm not in the mood to kill Humans who will try to rob me and besides, I hate being in front of the cameras and I always say this, I take Fortune over fame any day.
  4. Financial Counselors is all I need I'm really good at managing my money since I took investments classes. Lawyers are often greedy pigs I don't want on my side.
  5. Whatever you do, do not and I mean do not mix business with friends, especially if you are Rich but your friends don't need to know that you are already Rich.
  6. First, I will put half the amounts into my savings account. Some of my pals know I'm a hardcore PC gamer but I'm by no means of a PC Enthusiast either, I'll use the money to build a really powerful PC that I will not have to upgrade for the next decade but not building anything crazy or go custom loops for that matter, just a simple PC build but powerful. I wouldn't say I'll ever quit my career as a Nurse Practitioner, I love my career but at the same time, I'll use some of the money to start Youtube channel and if it ever becomes a successful channel hitting over 1 million subs, I'll consider retiring my job early should my channel becomes a smashing hit.

I want to point out I have no desire to party all the time or wasting my money like that. I will use the money I won to take responsibility by using it when I really need to.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

1. Lump sum.

2. Immediate family only.

3. Anonymous.

4. With that much money, definitely hire an advisor because I've heard the stories of fools that blow through their winnings.

5. Sho'nuff!

6. A trio of homes would be my first purchase. One for my family, one for my mom and one for my uncle who has always been there when I've needed any kind of help over the years. My home would include a mini arcade and a room for comic book and collectible display. Maybe add a sweet backyard kitchen / BBQ area too. Probably try to find a place in Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay as my wife loves the beach.

I would splurge a bit on my biggest weakness, comic books. Looking at you Amazing Fantasy #15.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Lump sum most likely.
  2. Maybe parents and my brother
  3. Anonym
  4. I would definitely get some help yes if I take the lump sum
  5. Not sure
  6. I would get myself a car. Most likely Tesla with 4 wheel drive and largest battery pack. Move out. Not far, but something in the area. My PC needs a new CPU... So CPU, RAM, MOBO.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

The lottery is a scam. There is practically no chance you'll win, especially not those million or billion dollar ones.

Some people probably do it because "it's fun." I don't think you understand. You're pretty much saying it's fun to flush your money down the toilet.

You aren't going to win the lottery. It's like if I asked you to guess a number between 1 and 1 million, you just aren't going to guess the correct number. It just won't happen. A person does win the lottery, even those big ones, but its too insignificant of a chance that person will be you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25  Online

@qx0d said:

The lottery is a scam. There is practically no chance you'll win, especially not those million or billion dollar ones.

Some people probably do it because "it's fun." I don't think you understand. You're pretty much saying it's fun to flush your money down the toilet.

You aren't going to win the lottery. It's like if I asked you to guess a number between 1 and 1 million, you just aren't going to guess the correct number. It just won't happen. A person does win the lottery, even those big ones, but its too insignificant of a chance that person will be you.

You know we were all having a good time until you came in and acted all Debbie Downer.

Loading Video...

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@qx0d said:

You know we were all having a good time until you came in and acted all Debbie Downer.

Loading Video...

Hahahaha.

But yes definitely, it's a gamble of course, but it's for a lot of money! It's not gonna be easy is it. But if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the raffle. Gotta be in it to win it. etc etc ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think I would take the installments, depending on how they work. If I got a couple thousand each month that would be huge. But then who knows if they will just discontinue the payments one day, so maybe the lump sum is a better guarantee? Don't trust people, a good motto to live by.

Well I would likely put the money in different banks, actually have something in savings for once. I'd pay off all of my debts, and try to give something to my parents.

I'd try to move someplace nicer, but I wouldn't want to go crazy with the cost. I'd get a new vehicle, but again nothing high-end.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

2. Who would you tell?

1. I would take a lump sum, its more than enough especially if you win 750 mil.

2. I would tell no-one. But I would give most of my shares to my best friend(4-5 people in the circle) and both of my parents (Both 20 million each) lets hypothetically say If I won 350 million.

3. I would try to remain anonymous. Because if Id do go announce it, that is just me giving an invitation for other people to rob me, knowing how a lot of people in this country steal *No offense*. Not only that but some people would never stop asking you for $$$.

4. It would actually be a good idea to have a financial advisor, I wish some celebs follow this concept.

5. Don't let money change you.

6. I would buy 2-3 houses, a house for my parents, 5-6 cars, two business growing franchises such as Starbucks + Chipotle, Give at least 1-2 million to my closest friends and both my parents (Both 20 mil) as I stated before, 5 million to Africa,- ending world hunger would be an estimate of 30 billion, since I won't have enough I would at least like to contribute and add in 5-10 million. Furthermore, I would like to invest the rest of the $$$.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 realistic44

One of the lotteries was actually based upon my life - 04 15 19 27 34.

I was born in April 15 1988 - 04/15/1988. I was 27 at the time and my favorite player ever is Paul Pierce he wears the number 34. The mega ball is 10, in which the number I wore in hs. So if only I put my the numbers based upon my life, I would've been a millionaire by now, who would've knew lol!?

@goodzorr said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@qx0d said:

Loading Video...

Hahahaha.

But yes definitely, it's a gamble of course, but it's for a lot of money! It's not gonna be easy is it. But if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the raffle. Gotta be in it to win it. etc etc ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@realistic44: For a minute there I thought you were gonna go 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 lol.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44

@Ovirew said:

@realistic44: For a minute there I thought you were gonna go 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 lol.

lol i only had one number correct which was 27 because of my age at the time, the rest of the numbers I was way off haha .

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

1. Lump Sum

2. No one

3. Anonymous

4. I'd invest. Whether I need advisors for that or not I'm not sure.

5. No

6. I'd pay off debt, help my family, invest, do some home improvements, and retire.

I have to buy the ticket though which I don't. :p

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Byshop said:

Annuity winnings do earn interest.

Good to know, but my answer would still remain unchanged. Take the cash up front and start buying investment real estate.

-Byshop

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@qx0d said:

Loading Video...

As someone who never watches SNL, I gotta say... Wow, those actors are really unprofessional. I don't remember MadTV's cast cracking up like that. Ruins the jokes.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Not sure what Canada does with lottery, but I would take the lump sum if given the choice. We don't pay taxes on the amount, just any interest generated by it.
  2. Depending on the amount, I would keep it to close family and friends. I don't need a line of "friends" appearing at my door.
  3. I believe in Canada, lottery winners are required to be public.
  4. First stop would be a financial advisor for sure.
  5. Not much.
  6. Spending it would be a house (modest, finished and furnished), cars (2-3 at least for myself, my wife would probably want one) and probably a truck (something show-truck level, rather than working, so I don't have to bother making money with it). Next would be charity and setting up some non-profit organizations to help people and animals. I don't need to just spend money, I just want to live life and help others.
VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

1: Lump sum for sure. I'd rather know I have money than knowing I will have it.

2: Immediate family. I'd probably give them some of it too.

3: Anonymous.

4: No. I just won't buy stuff I don't need... beyond the immediate QoL improvements.

6: A nice house. Start a game development studio.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Either. I guess the installments would save the hassle of having to worry about which investments/accounts you put the money into.

2. Maybe a few people close - and I'd give them some too.

3. Ha, anonymous of course!

4. Go it alone. Keep things simple.

6. Mainly basic things. I'd just focus on having a happy and healthy life. I probably wouldn't draw attention to myself and just a buy a small but nice apartment or something.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

1. Lump sum
  2. Only my family and closest friends
  3. Anonymous
  4. I think I would figure it out on my own
  5. Nope
  6. A new house for me, and one for sis, and a few smaller things, but definitely not a car. And I'd treat me with something like a 1 month trip to South America, it's something I've always wanted. Maybe I'd go to college, which I never got to finish, it sounds crazy, but I'd like that.
omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3489 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Lump sum

2. Parents

3. Definitely, remain anonymous. If I was on telly, I'd be a prime target for robbery.

4. Maybe get a financial advisor on what's best to put my money on.

5. Nah

6. First thing first is giving some to my family and charity. Then, the rest would purchase properties in various countries, going on Holiday, quit my job and build my own business empire.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts
    1. Lump Sum. Easy choice because I only play in pools and thus have no choice, but it would be a lump sum regardless.
  2. Who would you tell?
    1. I'd tell basically whoever figured it out. I wouldn't make it a point to tell anyone, but some people would eventually know something was up and I wouldn't lie about it.
    1. Anonymous.
    1. I'd probably go it alone. I'm fairly financially savvy and can read up when I have a question, but if something particularly vexing comes up I might seek professional assistance.
    1. I would be extremely happy just to have the financial security affords. I've been through half a dozen layoffs in my short career already, and being able to know that I could just walk without risk to my family would be a huge blessing.
    1. The very first thing I'd do is sell my rental house to the tenants at the legal minimum. With that kind of blessing suddenly in my life, it would be nice to pass some of it on to someone else I know could use it. Plus, I wouldn't miss the loss of income at that point, and I'd avoid the hassle of maintenance.
    2. I'm not a huge spender, but I'd think long and hard about permanently retiring. I like what I do, but could I better spend my time elsewhere? Perhaps.
    3. I'd finish my basement. I'm nearly done, but I've got about $10,000 worth of material (mostly flooring) to go.

NattyDaddy604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NattyDaddy604
Member since 2019 • 304 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

2. Who would you tell?

1. Lump sum
2. Immediate family
3. Anonymous
4. Tbh, I'm not really too sure. I would love to have a financial team, but I would hire a team who I have a personal bond with. Too many "advisors" don't know shit all about finance :P
5. What if I could get the money through a bank heist? Could I trust you, a fellow gamer to assist me?!
6. Depends on how much I won. First and foremost, pay off all outstanding debts, including mortgages. Buy a modest home out in the suburbs for each of my siblings and parents, preparing for a future of having children. And to splurge.... LOADS of guns :D Top of the line AR's, pistols, hunting rifles... You name it, I'll buy it! Buy a nice piece of land out in my home country, help my friends that are struggling. Look into starting my own kinda business in god knows what lol

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1855 Posts

If I had 400 million I would live such an incrediblly lavish life of coke and high-priced escorts my dick would probably fall off from overuse. If I go broke before I die, oh well. Can’t take it with you.

AryannaLao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AryannaLao
Member since 2019 • 78 Posts

I will donate some of it back to charity. That's the most legal way I can help the poor. :)