If you could pay for sex, would you?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by JYoungin20years (281 posts) 1 year, 26 days ago

Poll: If you could pay for sex, would you? (61 votes)

Yes 26%
No way 44%
Maybe 25%
5%
#1 Posted by Large_Soda (8611 posts) -

You currently are able to do that.

#2 Edited by XenoLair (4755 posts) -

You can do that right now. In some places its even legal. Would I do it? Niet.

#3 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

like mom always said, "Don't go sticking your nose in other peoples business"

I take that applies to other parts of the body as well. if having sex is what she does for a living, she can find customers elsewhere.

#4 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -

I wouldn't do it often, but maybe on vacation or something

#5 Edited by RadecSupreme (4680 posts) -

If I'm not in a relationship and the prostitute is a person I find appealing and very healthy, then sure.

#6 Posted by Netret0120 (2199 posts) -

I wouldn't.

I would be wondering how many men have put their genatalia inside her today and in her life.

#7 Edited by deeliman (2443 posts) -

I can already legally do so.

#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I would probably look into it, but the idea of paying for sex would prevent me from enjoying it.

#9 Posted by deeliman (2443 posts) -

@Fightingfan said:

I would probably look into it, but the idea of paying for sex would prevent me from enjoying it.

What if she was absurdly hot?

#10 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@deeliman said:

@Fightingfan said:

What if she was absurdly hot?

I value money too much. If someone bought me her, than it's not a problem. But for me to spend my hard earned money on a women sounds like a no-go.

#11 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

I'd probably feel like shit after I'm done with her.

#12 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I'd do it. Heck, I already...You get my drift. *Wink. Wink.*

#13 Posted by konvikt_17 (22248 posts) -

maybe.

how much money we talking? could probly just get a fleshlight for cheaper.

#14 Posted by Aljosa23 (25121 posts) -

If I was high on ectasy and she was very hot, sure.

#15 Posted by byof_america (1386 posts) -

I live about an hour away from a town where prostitution is legal and I still wouldn't even think of paying for sex.

#16 Edited by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

got a girlfriend so I already do.

#17 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

Speaking of prostitution, it's apparently legal in my country, but it's illegal to solicit prostitution...how are you supposed to conduct a business that you're forbidden to communicate?

no wonder people don't take Canada seriously.

#18 Posted by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

I might try it in a well-regulated environment.

#19 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

@starfox15:

Zing!

#20 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3949 posts) -

What kind of freak does that?

#21 Edited by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

We all pay for sex in one way or another.

#22 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -

@Jimn_tonic said:

Speaking of prostitution, it's apparently legal in my country, but it's illegal to solicit prostitution...how are you supposed to conduct a business that you're forbidden to communicate?

no wonder people don't take Canada seriously.

It makes sense to me. Those who really want to pay for sex will find their way to a brothel or whatever they're called. Those who are not decided on the matter needn't be persuaded to it. Its a typical example of respecting individual liberty while still taking into account the well being of society at large, under the precept that prostitution is at least not a very desirable or beneficial thing to society.

#23 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

I don't think taking someone on a date on which one person pays for all of the expenses counts as paying for sex. The person is treating the other because they like them; the sex is just a reward.

#24 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

I don't think taking someone on a date on which one person pays for all of the expenses counts as paying for sex. The person is treating the other because they like them; the sex is just a reward.

Uh-huh. Wait until you get married or in a serious relationship and note the loss of freedom and autonomy (financial and otherwise) that comes with regular access to sex.

#25 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

Uh-huh. Wait until you get married or in a serious relationship and note the loss of freedom and autonomy (financial and otherwise) that comes with regular access to sex.

Such a relationship is an unhealthy one and should be changed or brought to an end.

#26 Edited by megagene (23015 posts) -

I live a 2 minute walk away from a strip of road where there is a line of prostitutes every night from about midnight onward. It's perfectly legal in Toronto. I haven't partaken of their services so far. I have nothing against it though. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that could hire one for their services if I'm ever a little drunk and feeling very randy.

#27 Posted by BranKetra (48747 posts) -

No. I would not. Doing something like that would conflict with my values.

#28 Edited by SirWander (5176 posts) -

There is an entire business based on that service for monetary transactions.

#29 Posted by thegerg (15444 posts) -

I can, and I don't.

#30 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10599 posts) -

I live about less than 3 hours from legal prostitution bordellos (whore houses) and I have never been to one nor do I plan on going.

#31 Edited by theothernormal (76 posts) -

It depends on the price and the person. I'd pay anything for a night with Emma Stone.

#32 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

Such a relationship is an unhealthy one and should be changed or brought to an end.

Yeah. Honestly, you're in no position to be giving relationship advice.

#33 Posted by foxhound_fox (88707 posts) -

If I had no other way of getting it, then yes, most definitely.

#34 Posted by hippiesanta (9890 posts) -

Got to be Honest ...... yes please

#35 Posted by InEMplease (6342 posts) -

The judge says to Charlie Sheen "Why do you need to pay for women?"

Charlie Sheen says "I pay them to leave."

#36 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (834 posts) -

I'd pay if it were a celebrity who fell out of the spotlight like Adrienne Bailon or Christina Ricci.

#37 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

It doesn't take a genius to understand that a relationship in which someone uses sex as a means to manipulate their spous is an unhealthy one. C'mon, son. C'mon.

#38 Posted by Postmortem123 (7704 posts) -

Probably. I'm not going to get it any other way.

#39 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@worlock77 said:

It doesn't take a genius to understand that a relationship in which someone uses sex as a means to manipulate their spous is an unhealthy one. C'mon, son. C'mon.

It has nothing to do with using sex to manipulate the other person. The fact is that relationships are not pro bono. You don't get anything, sex or otherwise, from a relationship without giving of yourself as well. Give and take, that's what relationships are.

#40 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

Would obviously depend on cost, quality and variety.

#41 Posted by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

@starfox15 said:

yes, people forget they already do.

If you want to avoid the entanglements and cut to the chase, and she's hot, sure, why not.

Many regular girls have already been with plenty of guys anyways.

#42 Posted by playmynutz (6061 posts) -
@AFBrat77 said:

@starfox15 said:

yes, people forget they already do.

If you want to avoid the entanglements and cut to the chase, and she's hot, sure, why not.

Many regular girls have already been with plenty of guys anyways.

I disagree with both of you. Having a girlfriend doesn't mean the man pays for everything. Not sure what percentage of women are 'regular girls' but virgin women exist.

#43 Edited by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

If it was in a brothel with high health standards - I'd at least consider it.. maybe get a girl whose shift had just started; I don't like the thought of going in right after someone else just finished with her.

hooker off the streets - no thanks

#44 Posted by dominer (3316 posts) -

Nah, I need to have the satisfaction of the catch. But I must also say that I don't know the feeling of such satisfaction yet.

#45 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13049 posts) -

You have to really suck with the ladies to consider picking up a prostitute. If you can't even pick up a one-nighter then I don't even know where to start.

#46 Posted by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

You have to really suck with the ladies to consider picking up a prostitute. If you can't even pick up a one-nighter then I don't even know where to start.

The only difference between a prostitute and a one-nighter is that the money you pay to have sex with the one-nighter also buys dinner.

#47 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13049 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

The only difference between a prostitute and a one-nighter is that the money you pay to have sex with the one-nighter also buys dinner.

Bitch can buy her own food. The one-nighters I've had were walk in, fvck, nap and leave before the sun comes up.

#48 Edited by PinkiePirate (2087 posts) -

I'd try to get with a girl I really like and take her on a vacation somewhere. That sounds way more fun than just sex.

#49 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

Have once before
Would never do again

#50 Posted by sukraj (23040 posts) -

Never