If you could make one religion true, which one would it be?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

Greek Mythology, definitely.

#2 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151511 posts) -
*sigh* Will you find a different subject than religion.....
#3 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't?
#4 Posted by LeBump (88 posts) -

Islam, its high in morale fiber and alot more peaceful then people think it is.

#5 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
The one where rain dances work. I want to troll people with floods
#6 Posted by LeBump (88 posts) -

Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't? Fightingfan
Because people still believe in christianity

#7 Posted by BossPerson (9475 posts) -

they really do all suck

#8 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

they really do all suck

BossPerson
#9 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29515 posts) -
Catholicism There would be a type of poetic irony that I'd appreciate when I go to hell.
#10 Posted by BossPerson (9475 posts) -

although for the fvck of it, lets make it judaism so the OT god can be real. 

it would be fun for god to be wackjob a55hole

#11 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't? LeBump

What discredited Greek mythology?
#12 Posted by LeBump (88 posts) -

[QUOTE="LeBump"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't? Fightingfan

What discredited Greek mythology?

Time...

#13 Posted by Postmortem123 (7711 posts) -

Pastafarianism.

#14 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

Buddhism.

Anything but Christianity or Islam.

#15 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't? Fightingfan
Because people still think Christianity is a factual account of history and not just a collection of stories inspiring (what is assumed to be) moral action. I'd go for Ancient Norse religion. Partying with Odin in the meadhalls of Valhalla upon death would just be awesome.
#16 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

The one where I'm omnipotent, lol? Sorry, if you give a choice most people will take the option than benefits them personally the most. Silly topic of diccussion.

#17 Posted by _Colossus_ (1704 posts) -

Kopimism

#18 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

Scientology, for the lulz.

#19 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31998 posts) -

Christianity, at least the newer parts of t he bible.

Jesus was all right, I suppose, if he existed.

But not the Christianity these nutjobs want, though.

#20 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31998 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't? Zeviander
I'd go for Ancient Norse religion. Partying with Odin in the meadhalls of Valhalla upon death would just be awesome.

I change my vote to this.

We do have a need for many gods, after all, since one is not [supposedly] doing it.

#21 Posted by N30F3N1X (8002 posts) -

They are all true.

#22 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

Be Excellent To One Another Dudes and Duddetes

#23 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Supernatural's Christianity, yeah life here would start to be plain but at least Heaven would be awesome.
#24 Posted by Stesilaus (3374 posts) -

Greek Mythology, definitely.

MetalDogGear

The implications for present day society would be interesting, to say the least, given that Zeus was basically a pederast. :lol:

#25 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

Definitely Islam.

#26 Posted by roulettethedog (10980 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

#27 Posted by ROFLCOPTER603 (2140 posts) -

I don't know if it counts as a religion, but Buddhism. It seems to be the most tolerant of the religions, and plus I like how you don't get to heaven for just being faithful, you get there through being morally good and through helping others, and even then it takes a few lives to get there.

#28 Posted by N30F3N1X (8002 posts) -

I don't know if it counts as a religion, but Buddhism. It seems to be the most tolerant of the religions, and plus I like how you don't get to heaven for just being faithful, you get there through being morally good and through helping others, and even then it takes a few lives to get there.

ROFLCOPTER603

No religion is nearly as superficial as that.

#29 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

ROFLCOPTER603

There's no heaven in Buddhism.

#31 Posted by themajormayor (25855 posts) -
One where everyone gets to enjoy an eternity of infinitely pleasurable pleasure after death.
#32 Posted by Jackboot343 (2574 posts) -

Karma...or is that just a concept of Buddhism?

#33 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Karma...or is that just a concept of Buddhism?

Jackboot343

"Karma" is very much real, but it's not what most people thing of. It is, simply put, the very natural rule of cause and effect.

#34 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It seems to be the most tolerant of the religions, and plus I like how you don't get to heaven for just being faithful, you get there through being morally good and through helping others, and even then it takes a few lives to get there.ROFLCOPTER603
It's really crazy how so many people know absolutely nothing about Buddhism. - Buddhism isn't tolerant, at least in how it is implemented by those who practise it. - Buddhism has concepts of "other realms" that have nothing to do with the goal of Buddhist practise (ironically, they are, including the "heavenly realms", seen as inferior to the human realm).
#35 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
the one that follows the based god
#36 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

[QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]It seems to be the most tolerant of the religions, and plus I like how you don't get to heaven for just being faithful, you get there through being morally good and through helping others, and even then it takes a few lives to get there.Zeviander
It's really crazy how so many people know absolutely nothing about Buddhism. - Buddhism isn't tolerant, at least in how it is implemented by those who practise it. - Buddhism has concepts of "other realms" that have nothing to do with the goal of Buddhist practise (ironically, they are, including the "heavenly realms", seen as inferior to the human realm).

- Yeah, I've never understood why so many people have this idea of Buddhists being peaceful and tolerant as a matter of rule. It's almost as if they have this notion that Buddhists somehow are not subject to human nature.

- Yup. Making no real pronouncements about deities, what happens after death or any of those other things most religions focus on it then becomes really easy to graft Buddhism onto whatever beliefs and practices you may already hold. Thus Buddhist practice can run the gamut from the seriously religious/superstitious Tibetan forms to the practically atheistic Zen practice.

#37 Posted by Laihendi (5828 posts) -
I would choose Tolkien's mythos.
#38 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

I would choose Tolkien's mythos.Laihendi

So Catholicism then.

#39 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Norse paganism because vikings rock :).

#40 Posted by mindstorm (15246 posts) -
The one that gives salvation by way of eating fried chicken.
#41 Posted by KiIIyou (27147 posts) -
Crom?
#42 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

The one that gives salvation by way of eating fried chicken.mindstorm

I'd go with the religion where eating chocolate cake doesn't make you fat, makes you more muscular, and puts you on the road to nirvana if we get to make up our own religions :P

#43 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

they really do all suck

BossPerson

This, but I'd go with probably a native american religion, or the Greek gods for the lulz

#44 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
I would make two religions true... because that would be the only way to make religion more ridiculous.
#45 Posted by wis3boi (31472 posts) -

The one that gives salvation by way of eating fried chicken.mindstorm

:lol:

#46 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

Germanic paganism, for obvious reasons.

#47 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

I forgot that I had made this thread.

Ooo it's like a present on Christmas morning.

#48 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Why is greek mythology called mythology, but Christianity isn't? Zeviander
Because people still think Christianity is a factual account of history and not just a collection of stories inspiring (what is assumed to be) moral action. I'd go for Ancient Norse religion. Partying with Odin in the meadhalls of Valhalla upon death would just be awesome.

Damn right it would
#49 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

They are all true.

N30F3N1X
My religion is that your religion is false.