If you could make ONE law for your country what would it be?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]

Wow 4 pages in and we already have the stoners wanting to legalise weed.

I think any type of drug should be banned excpet if its medicinal.

pis3rch

:lol:

Heroin was developed as medicine. It's more efficient and water-soluble than regular morphine and causes slightly less nausea. Cocaine can be used as an anaesthetic for the respiratory system and the spine. Some time after its first synthesis, MDMA was found to work wonders in therapy, relaxing shy patients and allowing them to talk much more openly. Albert Hoffmann believed that LSD could also be used in low doses for therapy. Magic mushrooms have been proven to prevent cluster headaches more effectively than prescription meds. I don't think i have to go into the uses of medical marijuana. Technically, the majority of illegal drugs have medical uses.

I always thought Magic Mushrooms were incredibly stupid. Mushrooms are very hard to tell apart unless you're an expert in them, and one mushroom can be harmless while another that looks almost identical can cause complete liver failure in a few hours.

Then again people do stupider things. I've heard of people trying to get high off of DEADLY nightshade.

pis3rch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 pis3rch
Member since 2006 • 1695 Posts

Nobody in their right mind would advise you to go out and pick random mushrooms and eat them hoping you'll trip. Most shroom sites/forums i hang out on don't recommend mushroom hunting for anyone who isn't experienced in mycology, and if you go ahead and do it anyway you should always do something called a spore print to identify any mushroom before you eat it. Also, I doubt most shrooms on the black market are actually picked in the wild, theyre incredibly easy to grow and the spores are readily available online.

Crimtmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 Crimtmp
Member since 2006 • 2432 Posts

Easily legalize weed, its no worse than alcohol so its time to end its prohibition.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
i would take a note from hammurabi's book and not add any laws but make every law punishable by death. many laws would be quickly removed increasing freedoms and there would be no need for jails.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

no smoking cigerattes at all

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Don't let Education influence who can get a certain job and who can not. that or to lower prices on cigars :D

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Don't let Education influence who can get a certain job and who can not. that or to lower prices on cigars :D

Santesyu

First one sounds wierd. Shouldn't all doctors be medically educated? :P

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 surrealnumber5

Santesyu
yea i want too be a brain surgeon next week and an astronaut the following week, with no training needed my dreams will come true.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Ban the libs!!

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

Espada12

I said certain jobs not all jobs, certain jobs like being a cop, you gotta have education in law and etc, and personally regardless of any job thats what training is for, if you can get trained heavily and if you have a passion to do it...Why not?

You souldn't hinder anyone back because they didn't go to college or etc... If they can help via training I think that would be best.. if they fail training then of course turn them down..but not because of education but because they can't do it since they failed training.

There are so many people out there that can do most of these jobs thats out there but can't due to education requriments I don't think thats right.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"]I would place a permanent ban on parents indoctrinating their children into their religions.chrisrooR
Well then, by corollary, you would be indoctrinating children into what you believe. That is equally insidious.

I understand what you're saying, but this is hypothetical. I'm not saying that I would restrict the child's right to choose a religion, I would simply place a ban on parental influence in their decision. Remember, I was asked to make one law for my country. Are you saying you would rather keep religious indoctrination as it stands today?

Whats wrong with how parents teach their children religion? Unless, you are specifically references people like the Westboro Baptist Church.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Make myself the dictator of course, then i could enact as many laws as i wanted. Though it would be more of getting rid of current laws than making new ones.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 markop2003
i would take a note from hammurabi's book and not add any laws but make every law punishable by death. many laws would be quickly removed increasing freedoms and there would be no need for jails. surrealnumber5
I'ld go for a similar route though perhaps have a couple more tiers instead of the straight to death option. I'ld have 1 prison for the entire country, prison sentences would be slashed to a month at most but prison would be literal hell.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Santesyu

Make myself the dictator of course, then i could enact as many laws as i wanted. Though it would be more of getting rid of current laws than making new ones.markop2003
You would have alot of trouble if this was the case, you are gonna have so many enemies and groups that will be trying to over throw you.. Seeing who you can really trust who are really behind you...all of that seem like a mind trip you sure you wanna go through that. What made hitler so INFAMOUS is because he was in fact lucky..he escaped death so many times and in such crazy situations people thought he had some sort of super natrual power lol.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 clayron
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i would take a note from hammurabi's book and not add any laws but make every law punishable by death. many laws would be quickly removed increasing freedoms and there would be no need for jails. markop2003
I'ld go for a similar route though perhaps have a couple more tiers instead of the straight to death option. I'ld have 1 prison for the entire country, prison sentences would be slashed to a month at most but prison would be literal hell.

Fire & Brimstone hell? Or "have orgies and get wasted while God turns up his nose at you" hell? I need to know before I decide to vote you into power.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

Santesyu

I said certain jobs not all jobs, certain jobs like being a cop, you gotta have education in law and etc, and personally regardless of any job thats what training is for, if you can get trained heavily and if you have a passion to do it...Why not?

You souldn't hinder anyone back because they didn't go to college or etc... If they can help via training I think that would be best.. if they fail training then of course turn them down..but not because of education but because they can't do it since they failed training.

There are so many people out there that can do most of these jobs thats out there but can't due to education requriments I don't think thats right.

Hmm Cops don't really need to study law from what I understand, well prior to entering the force. Don't most people do criminal justice degrees then go to the police force?

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

Hmm Cops don't really need to study law from what I understand, well prior to entering the force. Don't most people do criminal justice degrees then go to the police force?

Most cops go to college to study law for 2-4 years, it helps the selecting process of who they want in etc.. If both were qualitfied and if a person only with a GED wants on vs a person with a 4 year law degree who do you think they will pick? I believe it shouldn't be like that, sadly its like that with every job. I would most def change that... if both people can do the job pick one based on the interview to get to know the person once they have decided on the person accept him in for training and put one on the waiting list that is how its suppose to be done..

You know how many people get turn away from the military because they don't meet education requirments but can do the training but because they don't meet the education requriements they can't serve there country? Thats madness I believe.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Pixel-Pirate

Nobody in their right mind would advise you to go out and pick random mushrooms and eat them hoping you'll trip. Most shroom sites/forums i hang out on don't recommend mushroom hunting for anyone who isn't experienced in mycology, and if you go ahead and do it anyway you should always do something called a spore print to identify any mushroom before you eat it. Also, I doubt most shrooms on the black market are actually picked in the wild, theyre incredibly easy to grow and the spores are readily available online.

pis3rch

For some reason I don't think buying them from a drugged out dealer who likely doesn't know anything about mushrooms is any safer than picking them yourself.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 clayron
Most cops go to college to study law for 2-4 years, it helps the selecting process of who they want in etc.. If both were qualitfied and if a person only with a GED wants on vs a person with a 4 year law degree who do you think they will pick? I believe it shouldn't be like that, sadly its like that with every job. I would most def change that... if both people can do the job pick one based on the interview to get to know the person once they have decided on the person accept him in for training and put one on the waiting list that is how its suppose to be done..Santesyu
The person with the 4 year degree may be more qualified if s/he spent 4 years studying a field like criminal justice or something similar.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i would take a note from hammurabi's book and not add any laws but make every law punishable by death. many laws would be quickly removed increasing freedoms and there would be no need for jails. markop2003

So basically you'd run a third world country straight out of Tropico?

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Pixel-Pirate

If there was one law I'd like to have it would be to actually enforce seperation of church and state instead of "Yeah it's a good idea....but no thanks!"

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Espada12

Most cops go to college to study law for 2-4 years, it helps the selecting process of who they want in etc.. If both were qualitfied and if a person only with a GED wants on vs a person with a 4 year law degree who do you think they will pick? I believe it shouldn't be like that, sadly its like that with every job. I would most def change that... if both people can do the job pick one based on the interview to get to know the person once they have decided on the person accept him in for training and put one on the waiting list that is how its suppose to be done..

You know how many people get turn away from the military because they don't meet education requirments but can do the training but because they don't meet the education requriements they can't serve there country? Thats madness I believe.

Santesyu

I highly doubt anyone would do a 4 year law course do join the police force, as the police is only about knowing the laws itself while the subject of law is knowing, interpreting and applying the law. But the military is another whole thing all together, I for one would not want an idiot being the deciding factor of my life or death when it comes down to the wire :P

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

Espada12

I highly doubt anyone would do a 4 year law course do join the police force, as the police is only about knowing the laws itself while the subject of law is knowing, interpreting and applying the law. But the military is another whole thing all together, I for one would not want an idiot being the deciding factor of my life or death when it comes down to the wire :P

I say if a person can be trained and know what he / she is doing it shouldn't matter rather you have a ged, law degree or just got out of prision...if you are trained to do your job then I will entrust who ever trained you to watch my back. But anyway thats my view on the subject matter.
pis3rch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 pis3rch
Member since 2006 • 1695 Posts

[QUOTE="pis3rch"]

Pixel-Pirate

For some reason I don't think buying them from a drugged out dealer who likely doesn't know anything about mushrooms is any safer than picking them yourself.

You obviously have a certain opinion of drug culture that is probably not going to change, but I will say that no matter how "drugged out" your dealer is, he isn't going to grow poisonous mushrooms from the spores of a hallucinogenic species.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#125 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I would require everyone to pay me a monthly payment of 5$.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 clayron
I say if a person can be trained and know what he / she is doing it shouldn't matter rather you have a ged, law degree or just got out of prision...if you are trained to do your job then I will entrust who ever trained you to watch my back. But anyway thats my view on the subject matter. Santesyu
Santesyu, you are aware that school can be a form of training for a field. Trade/Vocational School. Medical/PharmacyLaw School just as a few examples are established to teach a practical, workable skill set so that when those students graduate they can hit the ground running in their respective careers. So taking someone with a couple of years of educational experience may be of great benefit to you in certain positions.
Jaguar_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 Jaguar_Shade
Member since 2009 • 5822 Posts
R18+ Video Games.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
At the moment it would be changing the electoral system from First Past the Post to Proportional Representation.Bourbons3
This. It's still just stunning to think how ridiculous the gap between vote percentage and seat allocation is. In the 2005 election it was insane, Labour had 356 seats and Conservatives had 198; a massive gap, clearly Labour wiped the floor with them. But no, the actual vote percentage was very close Labour 35.3%, Conservatives 32.3%. Last week's election saw the Lib Dems gain a million votes; and yet they lost 5 seats as a result. It's an unfair system and it doesn't represent the wishes of the people.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
no religion
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="pis3rch"]

pis3rch

You obviously have a certain opinion of drug culture that is probably not going to change, but I will say that no matter how "drugged out" your dealer is, he isn't going to grow poisonous mushrooms from the spores of a hallucinogenic species.

I wasn't under the impression all dealers grew such things themselves. If they did, organized crime rings would not be making money from them.

I personally find it stupid to do any potentially deadly substance to try and get high. From draino to Mushrooms to deadly nightshade (that one still grabs me.)

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
no religion-DirtySanchez-
Not going to happen in America.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pixel-Pirate

no religion-DirtySanchez-

Imagine all the people! Livin' life in peace!

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

There must be a part of the government budget going to the research of transhumanism and the technology needed for that purpose.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pixel-Pirate

Actually something I'd like to do wouldn't be a law, but a huge push toward either the colonization of space or defense against space related disasters. Which I feel is an issue humanity continues to ignore as if it's never gonna happen.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Too many choices - for now I'll stick with reversing the Supreme Court decision to allow unlimited political contributions from corporations. Total insanity.albatrossdrums

Yes, I agree with this.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]no religionPixel-Pirate

they had that in alpha centauri it was called nerve stapling.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 alexside1

[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]no religionPixel-Pirate

You do realize that I consider to this to be wish full thinking right?

Edit: Now I not sure if your being serious.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="albatrossdrums"]Too many choices - for now I'll stick with reversing the Supreme Court decision to allow unlimited political contributions from corporations. Total insanity.chessmaster1989

Yes, I agree with this.

yea only not for profit organizations and unions should be able to have unlimited contributions. at least public corporations entities of the states in which they are incorporated
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

i would take a note from hammurabi's book and not add any laws but make every law punishable by death. many laws would be quickly removed increasing freedoms and there would be no need for jails. surrealnumber5

That's a terrible idea. Running a red light = death penalty? Stealing groceries to feed the family = death? :|

There's a careful balance between freedoms and the ability of society (meant for security) to function, and your proposal would destroy any ability for society to function reasonably. I'm sorry, it's just one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. No offense meant to you.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 alexside1
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] they had that in alpha centauri it was called nerve stapling.

What is nerve stapling?
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i would take a note from hammurabi's book and not add any laws but make every law punishable by death. many laws would be quickly removed increasing freedoms and there would be no need for jails. chessmaster1989

That's a terrible idea. Running a red light = death penalty? Stealing groceries to feed the family = death? :|

dont make those a crime then and if you say " well one is theft that should be a crime" then the person should die. double standards would also be a crime if i were no already letting society decide what is and is not a crime
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I'd make abortions illegal.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] they had that in alpha centauri it was called nerve stapling.

What is nerve stapling?

It is not uncommon to see patients undergo permanent psychological trauma in the presence of the Sphere, before the nerve stapler has even been strapped into position. Its effect on the general consciousness of the culture is profound: husbands have seen wives go inside, and mothers their children. Dr. Xynan left the surface of the sphere semitranslucent for a reason. You can hear them in there; you can see them. It is a thing of terrible beauty. -- Baron Klim, "The Music of the Spheres", See: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for background No one ever explains exactly what a nerve stapling is. It is understood to be some form of brute medical imposition, an outrage that is felt but never seen, a thing so shameful and necessary that those who bluster its defense do so with averted eyes and violent fanaticism. How else could it be? It must be done. Of this we all admit, even we who do not admit it and abhor the revolting procedure and its fascist, terrifying finality. It must be done. Are we to allow the drones their unrestrained impulses, their base and inhuman lack of self control? They will puncture the walls. In their stupidity and selfishness they will breach the membranes that protect us from Planet and its air, its toxic gases and hostile life forms. The worms are out there and they want us, want to feed on our dreams and carcasses, to lay eggs in putrid masses and use us to feed their larvae. We cannot risk the continuity of our physical existence on account of these undeserving, out of control savages. They are changed afterwards, in all the ways we know they must be. They shuffle, speak slowly, and look at us with unfocused slowness. We are grateful for the order that comes with the newly stapled but deep within us we still sense their anger and fear their suppressed resentment. We fear that one day it will erupt and that even in their dazed, smothered imbecility they will see us for the tyrants we are and so give us what we deserve. I am for the staplings. They are indefensible, unacceptable, barbaric acts of basest expedience. No society, no matter how great its need, can admit of so nakedly inappropriate an abuse of power. Official force must be circumscribed, its application limited to clearly defined scenarios and justifiable limits. There can be no justification for these things we do. Yet there were are. It must be done. http://everything2.com/node/1941714
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pixel-Pirate

I'd make abortions illegal.mindstorm

How would you deal with the back alley abortions and the 1.4 million orphaned children that adoption agencies cannot house or feed?

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]no religionalexside1

You do realize that I consider to this to be wish full thinking right?

Edit: Now I not sure if your being serious.

Sorry, his words made me think of Imagine by John Lennon.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#147 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'd outlaw celebrity worship.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I'd make abortions illegal.Pixel-Pirate

How would you deal with the back alley abortions and the 1.4 million orphaned children that adoption agencies cannot house or feed?

I'm not saying it would be as easy as instating a single law. The government would have to do some work to correct some of this. Also, the church should take the responsibility of helping take care of the children and women who have difficulty raising children. Just cause fixing the problem of abortion will be hard doesn't mean its not worth it. If it means anything, I have every intention of adopting some children myself.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I'd make abortions illegal.mindstorm

I'm not saying it would be as easy as instating a single law. The government would have to do some work to correct some of this. Also, the church should take the responsibility of helping take care of the children and women who have difficulty raising children. Just cause fixing the problem of abortion will be hard doesn't mean its not worth it. If it means anything, I have every intention of adopting some children myself.

Can the government force the church to do such things? If not, it can't really be taken into consideration.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 markop2003

[QUOTE="markop2003"]Make myself the dictator of course, then i could enact as many laws as i wanted. Though it would be more of getting rid of current laws than making new ones.Santesyu

You would have alot of trouble if this was the case, you are gonna have so many enemies and groups that will be trying to over throw you.. Seeing who you can really trust who are really behind you...all of that seem like a mind trip you sure you wanna go through that. What made hitler so INFAMOUS is because he was in fact lucky..he escaped death so many times and in such crazy situations people thought he had some sort of super natrual power lol.

I doubt it, i think the public on the whole would be quite pleased if just the economy improved. Also there's not so many crazies here except the standard terrorists but for them it dosn't really matter if you're a dictator or not. [QUOTE="clayron"] Fire & Brimstone hell? Or "have orgies and get wasted while God turns up his nose at you" hell? I need to know before I decide to vote you into power.

I was thinking of changing the theme every week to keep it intresting, though i think it owuld always consist of some sort of sleep dep..... possibly by orgies