If you could live anywhere in the world. Where ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Young_Charter (19800 posts) -

Possibly Japan or the UK

#2 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16464 posts) -

Wildernest, Colorado or Frisco, Colorado.

#3 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2536 posts) -

I wanted to live in LA, so I moved to LA.

#4 Posted by wis3boi (30883 posts) -

based purely on environment and such...the Mediterranean coast, like southern italy. Realistically, I'm very happy here in new hampshire

#5 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8083 posts) -

Monaco. I fell in love with that place within the first hour I was there.

#6 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15763 posts) -

If I had my choice... I'd go back to the Carson City area of Nevada. I loved it there.

But, I have a family in tow. So, I can't always get what I want.

We're here in NY by the Great Lakes. The winters suck although the rest of the year is great, especially summer. We have a lakeside cabin for boating and fishing during summer.

Area around Carson City:

#7 Posted by elkoldo (903 posts) -

Athens , Venice , Mississippi , and just recently after playing Last Of Us I feel like I've got a thing for Texas , possibly Jackson.

Something is deeply moving about this comment.Really.It's delivering this message :

"Come on you jerk-offs , you wanna get something ?! go get it , don't sit there on your damn butt moaning and daydreaming about it "

#8 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Hmm that's a tough question. I can't answer it somehow. I want to be out of here that's for sure, but to where exactly I don't know. Belgium and Japan come to mind. I'd also want to spend some substantial time in Israel, Russia and Germany.

#9 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

Norway

#10 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2536 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

Athens , Venice , Mississippi , and just recently after playing Last Of Us I feel like I've got a thing for Texas , possibly Jackson.

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Something is deeply moving about this comment.Really.It's delivering this message :

"Come on you jerk-offs , you wanna get something ?! go get it , don't sit there on your damn butt moaning and daydreaming about it "

Haha, you've only got one life, and it doesn't last all that long. Every second you waste complaining and wishing is a second you're not going to spend getting everything you want from the world. I look at the world kind of like a wet rag, it's mine to ring out, and I plan to suck every last drop of everything out of it.

So, yes. Come on you jerk-offs, you wanna get something? Go get it.

#11 Posted by elkoldo (903 posts) -

Every second you waste complaining and wishing is a second you're not going to spend getting everything you want from the world. I look at the world kind of like a wet rag, it's mine to ring out, and I plan to suck every last drop of everything out of it.

I'll keep that in mind.

#12 Edited by bowchicka07 (1069 posts) -

Oregon or Washington... always wanted to migrate northwest.

#13 Posted by _Colossus_ (1704 posts) -

The Netherlands or Luxembourg maybe? Got friends in the Netherlands, so that would suit me just fine.. if I could learn Dutch properly that is. A few phrases here and there ain't helping much, hehe, but godverdomme it's hard! If not, then I would prefer something central to Europe at least.

Norway is nice, but it's nowhere near as connected to the rest of the world as it should have been. I'm very sick of this place at least.

#14 Edited by Evil_Saluki (4870 posts) -

A place where pirate aren't going to try and shoot us and rape our daughters, a place that's not stupidly cold, a place that hasn't got wildlife that attacks you for being anywhere near it, plants that kill you instantly, river plagues and spiders so big they got health bars and give xp when you slay them.

Think i'll stay in Cornwall UK.

#15 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

Monaco, Italy and possibly Japan if it weren't for their crazy work conditions.

#16 Posted by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

Back home in Colorado. Preferably Apsen or Durango.

#17 Posted by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

I often wonder how many of the people who mention Japan, a popular answer on this forum, have even been there before. Not that there's anything wrong with Japan, but it's very different from western living, especially if you aren't native Japanese.

#18 Posted by airshocker (28263 posts) -

North Dakota.

#19 Posted by sukraj (21611 posts) -

Canada or America

#20 Posted by Korvus (2377 posts) -

I like that =)

#21 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15763 posts) -

@Pirate700 said:

I often wonder how many of the people who mention Japan, a popular answer on this forum, have even been there before. Not that there's anything wrong with Japan, but it's very different from western living, especially if you aren't native Japanese.

I'm sure they'll be somewhat hostile to you if you act like the typical, single, asshole GI who gets drunk senseless and then either tear up the place or barf/pee, even take a dump by the roadside.

On the other hand, the locals are much more forgiving if you're a family with wife n kids in tow.

#22 Posted by uninspiredcup (6843 posts) -

5 centimeters from my current position.

#23 Edited by osan0 (12541 posts) -

norway or sweeden. paradise on earth for me. cold (i like the cold), snow (ok...i may lose excitement for this after a few weeks :P), large forests, mountainous (i prefer mountains and forests to seas and beaches)....paradise.

#24 Posted by The_Following (10 posts) -

Assuming that finances are not a problem, each month I would see myself gradually advancing thru a set of a countries, with pre-set commodities and legal allowances in each of those nations.

...or I would go to a marss

#25 Edited by one_plum (6302 posts) -

At the moment, Hong Kong for career opportunities.