IF - Upcoming Ryan Reynolds/John Krasinski movie has quite a similarity to a '00s Cartoon Network show.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41552 Posts

The trailer for film in question:

While movies involving imaginary friends aren't anything new (Drop Dead Fred with the late Rik Mayall for instance), it involves them living in a house, abandoned by the kids that created them.

Not unlike...

I mean, to be fair, too many pieces of media these days are similar to one another. Even if it's a radically different TV show, they'll sometimes have an episode where there is an eerily similar plotline.

Anyway, what do you all think?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23045 Posts

They had to know of the similarities when they created it. I'm fine with it, though. Good ideas are good ideas, and we can explore them in different ways and different tones.

Fosters got surprisingly heartfelt and even philosophical at times. There's a lot of meat there.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Looks like a kids movie but it's John Krasinski and Steve Carell, so there's no way I'll miss that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58368 Posts

Looks promising. I like both those actors, and I can see some good chemistry working here.

I also like whimsical movies with imaginary friends. Or movies where there's like an imaginary friend come to life, like Ted, or fairytale/mythical creatures that somehow make it to modern society like Harry and the Hendersons.

Big fan of the show HAPPY!

Loading Video...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

Saw the beginning of the title and thought of this If...

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44589 Posts

I also get some Little Monster vibes when they go into the underground world with the rest of the IFs.