If Jesus came on Earth today instead of back then

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shattered-dream (729 posts) -

If he would of came to Earth today instead of back then would his fate been the same? Not dying on a cross, but put to death? Back then religion was taken more serious, and the church had power well the high priest did. Plus today he would of committed no crime. Back then he didn't, but the high and grand priest claimed he did. I think people woulld follow him the same way, and the politics would arrang him to be put to death or kill him privately. Simply because they would see him as a threat, and more power then themselves. I think killing him was pointless he never even was going to rule as the king. What do you guys think?

P.S. If you don't believe in Jesus don't comment smart stuff saying he's fake it's my opinion you don't have to post to it!

#2 Posted by KungfuKitten (21543 posts) -

Would be cut in pieces for research.

#3 Posted by Iszdope (11763 posts) -

Join team x or something.

Dominate.

#4 Posted by Shattered-dream (729 posts) -

Would be cut in pieces for research.KungfuKitten

He rose from the dead wouldn't allow it.

#5 Posted by Shattered-dream (729 posts) -

Join team x or something.Dominate.Iszdope

I'd join him. He wouldn't join me lol.

#6 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

If he would of came to Earth today instead of back then would his fate been the same? Not dying on a cross, but put to death? Back then religion was taken more serious, and the church had power well the high priest did. Plus today he would of committed no crime. Back then he didn't, but the high and grand priest claimed he did. I think people woulld follow him the same way, and the politics would arrang him to be put to death or kill him privately. Simply because they would see him as a threat, and more power then themselves. I think killing him was pointless he never even was going to rule as the king. What do you guys think?Shattered-dream

No, he'd just be another would-be prophet ranting on a street corner. Just like the thousands of other would-be street corner prophets out there.

#7 Posted by Shattered-dream (729 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]If he would of came to Earth today instead of back then would his fate been the same? Not dying on a cross, but put to death? Back then religion was taken more serious, and the church had power well the high priest did. Plus today he would of committed no crime. Back then he didn't, but the high and grand priest claimed he did. I think people woulld follow him the same way, and the politics would arrang him to be put to death or kill him privately. Simply because they would see him as a threat, and more power then themselves. I think killing him was pointless he never even was going to rule as the king. What do you guys think?worlock77
No, he'd just be another would-be prophet ranting on a street corner. Just like the thousands of other would-be street corner prophets out there.

At first, but healing bling walking on water raising the dead I doubt that .

#8 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]If he would of came to Earth today instead of back then would his fate been the same? Not dying on a cross, but put to death? Back then religion was taken more serious, and the church had power well the high priest did. Plus today he would of committed no crime. Back then he didn't, but the high and grand priest claimed he did. I think people woulld follow him the same way, and the politics would arrang him to be put to death or kill him privately. Simply because they would see him as a threat, and more power then themselves. I think killing him was pointless he never even was going to rule as the king. What do you guys think?Shattered-dream

Lots of people claim to do that sh*t. Most dismiss them as hucksters. What makes think he'd be any different?

#9 Posted by Shattered-dream (729 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"][QUOTE="worlock77"]No, he'd just be another would-be prophet ranting on a street corner. Just like the thousands of other would-be street corner prophets out there.worlock77

Lots of people claim to do that sh*t. Most dismiss them as hucksters. What makes think he'd be any different?

He's the son of God!

#10 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]
At first, but healing bling walking on water raising the dead I doubt that .Shattered-dream

He's the son of God!

Flawless logic.

#11 Posted by wis3boi (32078 posts) -

He'd join Wetsboro Baptist Church and hold signs at funerals and be mocked by society

#12 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

He would get a show in Vegas doing the water walk thing.

#13 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

tenaka2

Maybe a television program - the Extremely Frugal Gourmet.

#14 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

worlock77

Maybe a television program - the Extremely Frugal Gourmet.

Embarrassing Bodies - The Leper Colony special? 

#15 Posted by lamprey263 (26158 posts) -
well, there wouldn't be Christianity and Islam being a ball and chain to the rest of human civilization, we might have flying cars and living on Mars
#16 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

He came then, and he will back soon to lead all those who believe in the 1 creator.

#17 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

He came then, and he will back soon to lead all those who believe in the 1 creator.

GrayF0X786

the 1?

the one

What about the catholics who only believe in the trinity?

trinity

#18 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -
Religion is still taken serious by the religious but we don't put someone to death for it....well not in the west anyway.
#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -

Jesus was muslim btw.SNIPER4321

:lol: No he wasn't....

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]:lol: No he wasn't....SNIPER4321

Jesus (peace be upon him) was muslim. his message was to worship only one God.

Yeah dude...Muslims didn't exist back then. And linking me to a Muslim site that has subverted reality doesn't wash....

#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Yeah dude...Muslims didn't exist back then. And linking me to a Muslim site that has subverted reality doesn't wash....

Muslims exist since start of the world. its same religion giving to adam and eve.

No.
#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No.

Next

Another Muslim site. I'm getting the feeling you guys are brainwashed....
#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]brainwashed....SNIPER4321
have u even read the article?

The Muslim religion is Islam. Islam came hundreds of years after Jesus walked the earth. He was not a Muslim. I don't care if the religion links certain ideology to the older Jewish religion. IT didn't exist then.
#31 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -
Oh and FYI the Gospel of Luke was written in Greek....
#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] have u even read the article?

The Muslim religion is Islam. Islam came hundreds of years after Jesus walked the earth. He was not a Muslim. I don't care if the religion links certain ideology to the older Jewish religion. IT didn't exist then.

No. all prophets message was same. to worship only one God.

Doesn't make it the same religion dude sorry. Religion has to share the same theology/dogma.
#33 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] have u even read the article?SNIPER4321

No. all prophets message was same. to worship only one God.

Lots of religions have the 'One God' theology.

#34 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Either end up committed and put on strong meds or spending his days on a street corner with a sandwich board stating "REPENT NOW OR BURN!".
#35 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Either end up committed and put on strong meds or spending his days on a street corner with a sandwich board stating "REPENT NOW OR BURN!".Zeviander

Not if he came to Ireland, the Irish would welcome and acknowledge him and make him the leader of the country within minutes.

#36 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

Jesus was muslim btw.LJS9502_basic

you don't know what a Muslim means do you? why don't you go read the Qu'ran for once.

#37 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

Jesus was muslim btw.GrayF0X786

you don't know what a Muslim means do you? why don't you go read the Qu'ran for once.

Islam was a cult that split of from Judaism well after the birth of christ.

You can add as much magic as you like but the facts remain the same.

#38 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]:lol: No he wasn't....

tenaka2

ok :)

#40 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] you don't know what a Muslim means do you? why don't you go read the Qu'ran for once.

SNIPER4321

He said Word Muslim Mean. do u know what does it mean?

don't reply to him anymore, you're just feeding him.

#41 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3812 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]Lots of people claim to do that sh*t. Most dismiss them as hucksters. What makes think he'd be any different?worlock77

He's the son of God!

Flawless logic.

GjKfYk3.jpeg

#42 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]

He's the son of God!

NEWMAHAY

Flawless logic.

GjKfYk3.jpeg

"And behold! God will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things'" Qu'ran (5:116-117). 

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" Qu'ran (5:75).

"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" Qu'ran (3:45-48).

#43 Posted by mindstorm (15250 posts) -

I gain the impression from your post that Jesus came with the intention of ruling and not to die, that dying was either plan B or not his plan at all.

The very reason why Jesus came to this earth was to die the death that we deserve and raise from the grave so that we might too.

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10).

In other words, if Jesus came in this day he would come with no different of a purpose.

#44 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]Would be cut in pieces for research.Shattered-dream

He rose from the dead wouldn't allow it.

It would make rising from the dead that much more miraculous.

#45 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

I gain the impression from your post that Jesus came with the intention of ruling and not to die, that dying was either plan B or not his plan at all.

The very reason why Jesus came to this earth was to die the death that we deserve and raise from the grave so that we might too.

In other words, if Jesus came in this day he would come with no different of a purpose.

mindstorm

i like how you christians say one thing, then show a verse that has nothing to do with what you just said, and yeah i agree with that passage of the bible you quoted, not just that statement which your church crammed into your brain.

#46 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

GrayF0X786

He said Word Muslim Mean. do u know what does it mean?

Does the fact that SNIPER4321 is your only co-conspirator on your views ever depress you?

#47 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] He said Word Muslim Mean. do u know what does it mean?tenaka2

Does the fact that SNIPER4321 is your only co-conspirator on your views ever depress you?

LOL :cry: 

#48 Posted by mindstorm (15250 posts) -

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

GrayF0X786

i like how you christians say one thing, then show a verse that has nothing to do with what you just said, and yeah i agree with that passage of the bible you quoted, not just that statement which your church crammed into your brain.

I wasn't using it to prove my point, only to progress the thought that Jesus would come with the same goal of seeking and saving the lost. As for my supposedly cramming it into my brain, yes, I very much do seek to understand what my local church, the global church, and the historical church believes. However, believing it to be true is my own doing (not speaking from a theological sense).
#49 Posted by BossPerson (9154 posts) -

watching religious people argue about which fairy tale is right is amusing 

#50 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4095 posts) -

watching religious people argue about which fairy tale is right is amusing 

BossPerson

you should have been on the Titanic, i'm sure you would of had an even bigger laugh with all those atheists on board :)