If Im skinny but eat a lot of food will I still be skinny without lifting weight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SolidSnake2011- (584 posts) -

I don't have or know a better word to say this but if I start eating a lot of healthy food with lots of protein would I gain some meat everywhere like in my arms, legs, hands, etc. or would I also have to workout to gain some meat/muscle?

#2 Posted by Iszdope (11912 posts) -

I don't have, or know a better word, but...

Yep.

#3 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
you cant build muscle just by eating healthy food, no you can get fatter though
#4 Posted by lonewolf604 (8561 posts) -

Assuming you have a high metabolism, you'll stay skinny but eventually grow a gut with continuous sedentary lifestyle, also known as the infamous "skinny fat". You have to lift weights to create muscle tears and increase protein intake.

#5 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58240 posts) -
It will go to your belly and butt first.
#6 Posted by RearNakedChoke (1699 posts) -

Assuming you have a high metabolism, you'll stay skinny but eventually grow a gut with continuous sedentary lifestyle, also known as the infamous "skinny fat". You have to lift weights to create muscle tears and increase protein intake.

lonewolf604

The bigger you are, the higher your metabolism is.

But anyways, you've got to stress your muscles to give them a reason to grow.

#7 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

Depends on your metabolism but no you wouldn't get muscular just fat.

#8 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

If your caloric intake exceeds what you actually need, your body stores the excess as fat. Just look at all the fat people and you'll see what sort of physique that produces.

#9 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

you will be skinny and fat. skinny around the arms and fat around the stomach. you cant build muscle unless you work out

#10 Posted by GTA_dude (18355 posts) -
If you want to build muscle you have to workout and/or exercise. Your body doesn't just say to itself, "Hey, I have alot of protein but I dont know what to do with it, lets just build muscle for no reason." You will either use up the protein as energy, or your body will store it or any left over for later as adipose tissue (Body fat)
#11 Posted by Matthew-first (3012 posts) -

If you want to build muscle you have to workout and/or exercise. Your body doesn't just say to itself, "Hey, I have alot of protein but I dont know what to do with it, lets just build muscle for no reason." You will either use up the protein as energy, or your body will store it or any left over for later as adipose tissue (Body fat)GTA_dude

What he said.

And... an ugly car you have there XD

#12 Posted by Angie7F (1175 posts) -

You will gain body fat whether you like it or not by the time you reach your 30s so enjoy the skinniness while it lasts.

If you want more muscle bulk, then I do suggest lifting weights.

#13 Posted by Los9090 (7288 posts) -

You will gain body fat whether you like it or not by the time you reach your 30s so enjoy the skinniness while it lasts.

If you want more muscle bulk, then I do suggest lifting weights.

Angie7F
Exactly, I miss the days when I could rock anything I wanted because I knew I had track/soccer practice to burn it all off
#14 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12017 posts) -

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]

RearNakedChoke

Back when I was younger, I was a bean pole of a kid. I often ate 3 plates of food and I never put weight on. How do you explain that if not for a very high metabolism?
#15 Posted by Chickity_China (2322 posts) -
Hahaha what a noob question.
#16 Posted by Netherscourge (16355 posts) -
Lifting weights alone won't keep you skinny. In fact, you might gain even more weight if you just lift and eat with no cardio exercises.
#17 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -
It really depends on your metabolism. I've been skinny all my life, I eat just about anything and as much as i want to and I drink a lot of coke or other sweet drinks too, in my 30s now and still skinny...even my stomach look flat. My dad was the same, he has always been skinny, yet he eats like an ogger and spent most of his time sitting at a desk.
#18 Posted by KiIIyou (27157 posts) -
What else you do instead of weights?
#19 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

[QUOTE="RearNakedChoke"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]

WhiteKnight77

Back when I was younger, I was a bean pole of a kid. I often ate 3 plates of food and I never put weight on. How do you explain that if not for a very high metabolism?

You're ectomorphic,you're(or were atleast) just naturally skinny.

#20 Posted by D3nnyCrane (12058 posts) -

I don't have or know a better word to say this but if I start eating a lot of healthy food with lots of protein would I gain some meat everywhere like in my arms, legs, hands, etc. or would I also have to workout to gain some meat/muscle?

SolidSnake2011-
You're not gonna add muscle without working out, simple as that. If you eat and notice you're getting bigger, it's not lean muscle you're adding, you're just eating more calories than you're burning off and your body is storing it as fat to (hopefully) later be converted to muscular energy during extended exercise. Additionally. it's a fallacy to believe loads of protein = instant mass. Protein's main function is to assist in post-exercise recovery.
#21 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

You are not going to just gain muscle mass by having a high protein diet.

You will probably turn skinny-fat.

#22 Posted by SolidSnake2011- (584 posts) -
Forgot to add I don't want to look all ripped and have muscles like a athlete. Just want some meat added on to make me look not skinny. So that's still not possible without working out?
#23 Posted by D3nnyCrane (12058 posts) -
Forgot to add I don't want to look all ripped and have muscles like a athlete. Just want some meat added on to make me look not skinny. So that's still not possible without working out?SolidSnake2011-
You will get fatter if you eat more calories than you can burn off, sure. You'd be far better served adding lean muscle, though.
#24 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Just start working out and make a habit of it man. You will be happier in the long run and it is a great hobby / lifestyle to have.