If Gamespot Folds, Where Would You Go?

• 73 results
#51 Edited by Gelugon_baat (19479 posts) -
@korvus said:

For forums? Nowhere. For game info? Any website with a game list and release date will do...I don't really care for reviews...I think watching a YouTube gameplay video is 100 times better than watching a review.

I don't think so. I bought a license for a game after having watched someone's playthrough of it. Turns out that game - Expeditions: Conquistador - has technical issues which occur for some players (and which occurred for me). It is only later that I read reviews which mention these problems.

You need more than just some YouTuber's Let's Play video to make a decision with.

#52 Edited by Iszdope (10121 posts) -

Down, down, down to funky town.

#53 Edited by Korvus (3886 posts) -

@Gelugon_baat said:

I don't think so. I bought a license for a game after having watched someone's playthrough of it. Turns out that game - Expeditions: Conquistador - has technical issues which occur for some players (and which occurred for me). It is only later that I read reviews which mention these problems.

You need more than just some YouTuber's Let's Play video to make a decision with.

Funny you say that...my experience is the exact opposite. Normally when a game has problems, the top comments on a gameplay videos will be "How come you don't get a black screen?", "What did you do for it not to get stuck on level 7?" or "Did they patch the lag yet?". In reviews I often find that if the reviewer didn't experience the bugs him/herself then they are completely unaware said bugs exist and don't even mention them. Of course then you can read the comment section where people complain about the reviewer not mentioning all the technical problems.

Whatever works for us, right? ;)

#54 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

Probably nowhere.

#55 Edited by Master_Live (14786 posts) -

@chursibilla said:

@Master_Live said:

I think I would go to Giant Bomb seeing how I already got an account there plus the fact that GB feels in some way like the spiritual successor to GS. Would need to adapt myself to the delicate flower environment sprung over there, but it is what it is.

just coz of this thread i visited GB and look what i found...... on topic i never thought about these GS going down and if it happens i will go to GB (maybe) *making account just in case(lol)* also saw their their forums,look a lot like GS

Yeah, it turns out gifs don't work as avatars. Bummer.

#56 Posted by johnd13 (8208 posts) -

Dunno. I like posting in an online forum but GS is the only site whose forums I visit. For gaming news I'd probably move to Giant Bomb, for forum posting I've no idea.

#57 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I've already long since moved on to NeoGaf.

#58 Posted by Heirren (17293 posts) -

ScrewAttack

#59 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1519 posts) -

Oh yeah for forums I would probably move to escapist.(Even though their rules in the forums are too harsh.)

#60 Edited by HomelessGamer (11 posts) -

It's already folded for me 2 years ago, it started Turning into ign, but I come back because of the community and it's what I'm used to. So I'm not sure where I would go.

#61 Posted by Aljosa23 (25111 posts) -

@Pirate700 said:

How are you adjusting to the liberalism of that forum? :P

#62 Edited by soulless4now (41377 posts) -

Continue going to the zetaboards I visit now since GS folded last year.

#63 Posted by Big_Pecks (5345 posts) -

I'm barely ever here anymore. I'll survive.

#64 Posted by commonfate (12457 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@airshocker said:

@Aljosa23 said:

I'm on GAF way more than Gamespot now.

Too bad you need a paid e-mail account for GAF, else I'd have signed up.

You don't have one from your ISP?

Not one I've set up, no.

You can use your DoD email address.

#65 Posted by evildead6789 (7877 posts) -

I think I'll just go back to the uterus

#66 Edited by airshocker (29864 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@airshocker said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@airshocker said:

@Aljosa23 said:

I'm on GAF way more than Gamespot now.

Too bad you need a paid e-mail account for GAF, else I'd have signed up.

You don't have one from your ISP?

Not one I've set up, no.

You can use your DoD email address.

I haven't had access to that thing since I got out of the reserves. I bit the bullet and just decided to call Verizon to get them to set it up. Was still painful, but now I'm just waiting to be given access.

#67 Edited by Aljosa23 (25111 posts) -

@airshocker: Good luck, man. Getting accepted could take anywhere from a few months to a day or two. Really depends on when they decide to do a mass acceptance of junior members.

#68 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

Just Gaf.

Great community to discuss games in general.

#69 Posted by airshocker (29864 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@airshocker: Good luck, man. Getting accepted could take anywhere from a few months to a day or two. Really depends on when they decide to do a mass acceptance of junior members.

Lol. Great.

#70 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Pirate700 said:

I don't post in OT there. Not sure why I'd care though. *shrug* Do you have the same handle on there as here?

#72 Edited by Aljosa23 (25111 posts) -

@Pirate700 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Pirate700 said:

I don't post in OT there. Not sure why I'd care though. *shrug* Do you have the same handle on there as here?

Naw I post on a different one. Mainly stick to the Football/"Soccer" thread in OT Community and sometimes post in OT. Lurk gaming a lot.

#73 Posted by Ballroompirate (23021 posts) -

I was on Gamefaqs before I was on GS, so I'll end up going back there. I despise Ginatbomb, their layout is even worse and their community is basically worse than GS's.

#74 Edited by kweeni (10923 posts) -

No idea really. I'd probably give Giantbomb a shot. If that place doesn't interest me I'd look around and see what more is out there I guess. Don't really want to go to IGN though.

#75 Posted by plageus900 (1081 posts) -

4chan