I want to write story.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
Im really bored and I enjoy writing and making stories but I need ideas. Can you guys help me think of what i should wirte about??
#2 Posted by Fortier (7728 posts) -
Base it off some experiences you've lived through so you can describe it more intensely.
#3 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
what kind of experiences?? Like scary or tragic?
#4 Posted by Fortier (7728 posts) -
It depends on what you feel like writing about, really. You wanna make something real scary, write something based off a time you were real scared.
#5 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

I'm an author...I can help!

What kind of stories are you into?

You had any past story-writing experience?

#6 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
ok I will.  Thanks for your help!:)
#7 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
I'm into Science fiction and Fantasy mostly.  Yes I write often!
#8 Posted by Fortier (7728 posts) -

I'm an author...I can help!

What kind of stories are you into?

You had any past story-writing experience?

criinok

An author...have you been published?

#9 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

ah. Not yet, at least...I just LOOOOVE writing. I have two big projects goin on, and one side project may snowball into another big one.

Good to see that you write a lot. But if you're into sci-fi and fantasy (like me) I wouldn't necessarily stick THAT close to real life...maybe loosely based, or think of something that would be cool if it happened and what goes on after.

For instance, for years as a kid I would dream about everyone on the planet dissapearing and being left with one person, or totally alone. I turned that dream into a book I'm writing right now, but added on a few elements to keep the story going. (i.e.- Main character remembers reading a theory on everyone dissapearing, and when he goes back to the book to see what's up the pages are scribbled out, and has to find out what the hell is going on.....I also include a lot of flashbacks)

#10 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -
But if and when I do get published....look for 'Rose World' on the bookshelves:P
#11 Posted by Fortier (7728 posts) -

But if and when I do get published....look for 'Rose World' on the bookshelves:Pcriinok

For sure I will. I don't know the title of anything I'm working on yet...but maybe I'll let ya know sometime.

#12 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

That's cool. How bout I add you guys as friends to keep in touch? Don't meet many writer friends.

#13 Posted by Fortier (7728 posts) -
Sounds like a plan.
#14 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

allright. Both being tracked.

I should get to bed soon, by the way...I've been up for 22 hours...

#15 Posted by Viewtiful-GaMeR (10789 posts) -
Base it off some experiences you've lived through so you can describe it more intensely.Fortier

It's also more entertaining than just writing random things.
#16 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -
I'll go into bigger detail on some of the books I'm writing by messaging later, if you want....as long as you tell me some of yours, I love hearing people's stories.
#17 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
I have had this idea since I was little boy about a war against the remaining humans a while after world war 3 but there is sci-fi twists like dinosaurs and aliens.  I know its kinda farfetched but im actually tying them in pretty well.  Oh and the humans tame these dinosaurs:D   Yeah I want be friends with you guys but i dont know how to add friends
#18 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

Allright. That's it. I don't feel tired, but I know I should get to bed. I'll talk to you tomorrow?

(and where did Sleezy go...?)

#19 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
Oh and it's called "Prehistoric Future"  I wrote a few chapters and my friends loved it and wanted me to go get it published but i didnt finish it yet
#20 Posted by ernie1989 (8547 posts) -
Write about the dust particles on your desk and what some of it comes from.
#21 Posted by ayanami_rei (17115 posts) -
Try writing what you like to write. Right now, I'm writing my third book, which deals in medieval times with shape-shifters, vampires, werewolves, etc. I have two other books, but I'll be fixing them soon.
#22 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

sounds great. I was once writing a story 'bout a future-earth that's totally divided into dozens of factions having to join up to fight alien forces, but I never went through with it.

And before I go to bed, to add friends just click on the persons name to go to their page and click the 'track' button.

Sionara, fellas. Nice talking.

#23 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
Write about the dust particles on your desk and what some of it comes from.ernie1989
Dude!! My name is Ernie and I was born in 1989!! Weird!
#24 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -

sounds awesome ayanami....could I read a few pages of those previous ones?

(god, I should get to bed but there's so much to talk about!)

#25 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
Goodnight Criinok
#26 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
Oh yeah I just have to type them up again because I have a new computer!  Sorry to keep you up Criinok
#27 Posted by ernie1989 (8547 posts) -
[QUOTE="ernie1989"]Write about the dust particles on your desk and what some of it comes from.slezye1682
Dude!! My name is Ernie and I was born in 1989!! Weird!

I shall fight you to the death now so that I will remain the only Ernie born in 1989. Just imagine how many Ernies I would have to kill to be the only one.
#28 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -
that's allright. As long as I'm having fun/not bored as I stay up
#29 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
It's on!! I WILL win!
#30 Posted by ayanami_rei (17115 posts) -

sounds awesome ayanami....could I read a few pages of those previous ones?

(god, I should get to bed but there's so much to talk about!)

criinok
I would have to look for them. xD Somewhere on the computer. I wrote a short story during the summer last year. I'm trying to get published, but I will once I'm done with the third book (it has nothing to do with the first or second). I've been close, but haven't gotten far since I'm only sixteen.
#31 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -
I know....it sucks how we're so useless and can't do a thing at such a young age. You know of any ways to at least attempt to get something published?
#32 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
I'm rewriting chapter 1 because i typed it instead of writing it first and I lost(it was really)  But my new chapter 1 starts off as a soldier waking up from being unconscious and a fellow soldier grabs him and they run across bullet showering streets to get in trucks and later on they see the city they were just in on the horizon and planes dropping the nukes. He mistakes them for an angel shedding a tear which has significant meaning later on and shows  how we blew each other up.
#33 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
I know....it sucks how we're so useless and can't do a thing at such a young age. You know of any ways to at least attempt to get something published?criinok
I dont know of anything either. sorry
#34 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -
Ack!....I really wish we could talk more, Sleezy and Ayanami, but I HAVE been up for 22 hours....so I'm out. Hopefully talk to you tomorrow!
#35 Posted by criinok (1478 posts) -
it is okay if I call you Sleezy, rigth? I have a tendency to call people by nicknames...
#36 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
oooo get some rest! Goodnight!! message me when you get back on
#37 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
it is okay if I call you Sleezy, rigth? I have a tendency to call people by nicknames...criinok
Yeah thats fine lol
#38 Posted by ayanami_rei (17115 posts) -
I know....it sucks how we're so useless and can't do a thing at such a young age. You know of any ways to at least attempt to get something published?criinok
I do, actually, but right now, my memory isn't quite working with me. I'll tell you if I have any luck again.
#39 Posted by ayanami_rei (17115 posts) -
Ack!....I really wish we could talk more, Sleezy and Ayanami, but I HAVE been up for 22 hours....so I'm out. Hopefully talk to you tomorrow!criinok
Go to bed. xD I've been up for thirty-three hours before, on coffee alone. Can't do it again. Anyway, go to sleep.
#40 Posted by slezye1682 (265 posts) -
[QUOTE="criinok"]Ack!....I really wish we could talk more, Sleezy and Ayanami, but I HAVE been up for 22 hours....so I'm out. Hopefully talk to you tomorrow!ayanami_rei
Go to bed. xD I've been up for thirty-three hours before, on coffee alone. Can't do it again. Anyway, go to sleep.

wow! I couldnt do that even if I tried! how long did you sleep for??
#41 Posted by ayanami_rei (17115 posts) -
[QUOTE="ayanami_rei"][QUOTE="criinok"]Ack!....I really wish we could talk more, Sleezy and Ayanami, but I HAVE been up for 22 hours....so I'm out. Hopefully talk to you tomorrow!slezye1682

wow! I couldnt do that even if I tried! how long did you sleep for??

After the thirty-three hours, I slept for eight hours. x.x
#42 Posted by BDM666 (7922 posts) -
You can't write a story if you don't know what indefinite articles are.
#43 Posted by sisominux (736 posts) -
What kind of story? Humour, horror, comic, tragic...