I want to learn electronics!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 grarap
Member since 2004 • 5780 Posts

Ok: It's summer, I'm bored, I'm playing too many video games and all my friends are on holiday. I've decided to invent a hobby for myself: electronics!

Problem is that I was never that great at science at school (although my physics was OK), and my maths is atrocious. What do you guys think is the best way for me to pick up the skill? I'm not too keen on books, so I was planning on getting one of those 1000-in-1 kits I remember fiddling around with when I was young. On the other hand I just found this http://www.makershed.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MKSL1&CartID=1, which seems a little more hands on.

Any tips?

kthxbye14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kthxbye14
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

i recommend doing something that could turn out to be productive. maybe even make you some momey.

grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 grarap

I forgot to mention that I whore myself out during evenings, so I'm rolling in disposable income to waste

NaiveChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NaiveChild
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts

I "major" in electronics at my HS ... our classes are pathetic, but that looks like a great idea. Looks fun (and educational), you could probably learn more than I did in two years here.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I forgot to mention that I whore myself out during evenings, so I'm rolling in disposable income to waste

grarap

Well, I don't know squat about electronics, but I am interested in this whole whoring thing.

JK. In all seriousness, though, what's with the whole, "I'm not too keen on books," thing? That's the second time in as many weeks I've seen someone make a statement like that. Books contain knowledge, you seek knowledge, sounds like a perfect match to me.

grarap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grarap

[QUOTE="grarap"]

theone86

Well, I don't know squat about electronics, but I am interested in this whole whoring thing.

JK. In all seriousness, though, what's with the whole, "I'm not too keen on books," thing? That's the second time in as many weeks I've seen someone make a statement like that. Books contain knowledge, you seek knowledge, sounds like a perfect match to me.

I love reading. I love it so much I've got a pile of books half a metre high on my bedside table. I'd rather do something practical