I think I just quit my job :( ... I had an anxiety attack :'(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Go see a psychiatrist and get some medication for it...
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
If you don't know why you're writing this... then sorry, but blog it... If you want advice on what to do about walking out, then you need to explain to your supervisor about your anxiety attacks. You don't have a choice, unless you actually want to get fired.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

how long have you been working there? if you're still new, tell your manager you had an anxiety attack and you'll try your best not to let it happen again.

at my first job, there was a new girl that got hired and on her first or second day as cashier, she ended up passing out because she got so nervous and probably had the same thing as you. she ended up being fine and got much more comfortable with the job. i think she was just under lots of stress when it happened.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Some Well Tabs will fix you right up!
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
If you don't tell your boss about it, you'll probably get fired.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
It's better to tell them what happened, rather than assuming.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
When they use to tell me to work faster it would sound like blah blah to me,work at your pace and tell them to stfu
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Thats rough man, I would talk to your boss asap, explain to him what happened and ask if you can have some time off maybe. Hopefully hes a nice guy and lets you keep your job and have the time off. Good luck bro

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
Thankfully I've never had an anxiety attack where I couldn't calm myself down before breaking down completely. Try to tell your boss what happened, because I'm sure they'll understand completely. If you don't have a shrink already, start going to therapy. It really helps.
paranoied624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 paranoied624
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts

one of the main reasons why i cant do retail anymore is because of my SA, certain people trigger it based on what they say, especially when they put me on the spot for something stupid in front of the customer, which can really undermine my authority as a cashier or a lottery holder in front of the customer in which some might be inclined to take advantage of the situation at my expense.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

The more you do the cashier job, the more you get used to it and you anxiety will eventually go away. SO STICK WITH IT.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Talk to your manager. This is about as stupid as a diabetic going to work at a bakery and not telling their boss that they have diabetes. Tell the manager what happened. He can't fire you for having a medical issue, just like he can't fire you for being gay or black or whatever. That'd be discrimination. If you don't tell him, you probably will get fired. If you do, maybe you'll find yourself in a more accepting, comfortable workplace that will allow you to duck out if necessary.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Just tell them you had an anxiety attack and in no way were your actions implying that you intended to quit.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Go see a psychiatrist and get some medication for it...markop2003
It's a physiological issue that wont be fixed by drugging him... To TC I've had panic attacks too. There's a specific kind brought up when you can't escape a situation efficiently. Identify what it is that, without it, would alleviate your symptoms. E.g. If you were given to leave work at any point in time and no one would notice or see you, would you feel better actually doing what you need to do?
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"]Go see a psychiatrist and get some medication for it...brandontwb
It's a physiological issue that wont be fixed by drugging him... To TC I've had panic attacks too. There's a specific kind brought up when you can't escape a situation efficiently. Identify what it is that, without it, would alleviate your symptoms. E.g. If you were given to leave work at any point in time and no one would notice or see you, would you feel better actually doing what you need to do?

So a physiological drug wont fix a physiological issue? Thats not true. While they aren't magic pills they can and do prevent panic attacks. There are very few treatments for chronic anxiety that dont involve some form of medication.
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
Jeez man, that's rough. You need to seek some medical help. That's no way to go though life.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Seek professional help. You may need a prescription and/or a therapist that can help you work on this... or a counselor who could help you work through the source of the issue.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

I have a similar problem but nowhere near as bad as you have it.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
wow I'm sorry man. I feel the same way alot. But I don't really have "attacks". That sounds awful though man.
ToppledPillars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ToppledPillars
Member since 2010 • 1590 Posts

Here, take these!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Meat_Wad_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meat_Wad_Fan
Member since 2002 • 9054 Posts

where do you work and what triggered the panic attack?

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="markop2003"]Go see a psychiatrist and get some medication for it...Brean24

So a physiological drug wont fix a physiological issue? Thats not true. While they aren't magic pills they can and do prevent panic attacks. There are very few treatments for chronic anxiety that dont involve some form of medication.

Why become dependent on drugs when you can overcome the issue? The drugs are nothing more than a patch for a deep rooted problem that needs fixing.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Find the root of your anxiety and then confront or change your ways simple.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="markop2003"]Go see a psychiatrist and get some medication for it...Brean24

Panic and anxiety attacks are different, and some drugs have different effects on different people. I've lost count on how many different anti depressants I've tried, because one kind might not work correctly and another might not have the desired effects, as well as side effects. . . bla bla bla, that sorta stuff. Psychiatrists are much more fit to help you, instead of JUST drugs.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Sometimes I feel bad about my responses to threads like this... Then I just remember who I am and go back to enjoying life. 1. Like everyone else said 'get help' 2. If I was your employer, I would fire you. I am not trying to be mean, but they need dependable people -people who don't cry at work -people who do not go hide at work -people who do not run out on coworkers -people who do not lie and say that help is there when it is not -(and most importantly) people that do not make customers feel awkward...people that drive away business (especially in this economy) I realize that you have said you have issues (and I hope you get those fixed), but replacements that do not do the above are usually pretty easy to find
ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ehhwhatever
Member since 2010 • 1463 Posts
You had a panic attack. You were thinking in the back of your head that it will last forever or you are stuck in a place forever. Clonidine is now oked for PTSD or people who have panic attacks, whereas it is usually for high blood pressure and it works because you wear a patch and you can also have pills for emergency. I don't like the stigma xanax and other drugs have and getting clonidine is a way around that.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Just tell your boss, but you need to relax. People are not judging you. If any thing they think your judging them. Just remember life could be way worse, you could be in africa dying of starvation and heat.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
. People are not judging you. If any thing they think your judging them.bsman00
...at least be honest with him. People judge one another all day every day. It is what our brains are programmed to do (look for food, mates, threats, etc). The good thing is that people just as quickly 'forget' about people that did not stand out The bad thing is that his behavior makes him stand out...which makes people judge him more...which makes him act 'worse'...which makes people...etc
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I hope you feel better soon. Calm down and get everything clear in your head then explain to your boss what happened. In the meantime book in with your doctor to see if there's any other medication that can help (you can also mention to your boss that you've booked to see your doctor, it'll make you look pro-active and keen to find a solution).
ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ehhwhatever
Member since 2010 • 1463 Posts
It isn't his fault. A psychiatrist can spot manipulative behavior in an individual but he/she will NEVER point out manipulative behavior in society. btw people being judgemental is from living in a manipulative society.
Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
I have a bit of advice for ya. Don't worry about what ANYONE else thinks... Its your life. Anxiety is all in the head and although it may seem impossible, you can beat it. Stop thinking so negatively about yourself as well. The ONLY thing all your negative thinking will do, is bring on more things to make you have another anxiety attack or something. Think positive thoughts, realize what (within you) needs work, and work on it. Otherwise, You'll be in for a hell of a fight. If you get fired, Don't worry about it. There is more work to be done.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

Here, take these!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ToppledPillars
hahaha lmao