I need some advice on a story I'm making (Everything You Wouldn't Want to Hear)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Hey, I made a story that's like this back in seventh grade. I'm going to be in tenth grade this year. I'm sixteen years old. I'm working on the same type of story about a depressed teenager just going through life. This one has the main character more angry/negative than depressed, though.

I just wanted to know what some of you guys thought of the first chapter. Please don't just say it sucks! Tell me why it's bad and what I could work on. I want to be a writer some day, and I'm sure that some of the older GameSpot users could help me out with some parts.

Chapter 1 (First post)

Chapter 2 (First post)

Chapter 3 (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26522241&msg_id=304215060#304215060)

Chapter 4 (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26522241&msg_id=308720153#308720153)

So here it is:

"Everything You Wouldn't Want to Hear"

Chapter 1: Everything That Doesn't Matter

As I sat down in my chair next to my best friend that I wouldn't even consider a "friend" at all by the definition of the word, I began to wonder what my purpose in life was. I hated waking up at six in the morning every single day just so I could get to the end of the day where I don't do something that isn't completely boring as hell. It's not like what I do at home is anything exciting, but at least I get to do nothing and focus on something on nothing. That's probably the best part of my day.

I'm a Freshman in High School right now. I came from a little private school that was a lot better than the place I'm in now. I guess I took the times I had there for granted because I still complained about how much everything sucked in Grade School. I, however, did not think High School could be any worse. I was wrong.

So as I sat down in my chair, I still began to wonder about things. Like why the **** am I sitting in this ****ing chair and eating a **** sandwich when I don't want to? Why in the world am I sitting next to a kid I don't like? And what in God's name is that smell?

I can't really come up with answer for any of these questions, except the latter. See, there are weird people at my school that obviously do not care that they eating **** when they can be eating better food that is not ****.

Anyway, enough about me and my ****ing eating habits. I'll tell you something that should hold some significance, but really isn't because nobody gives a damn about me. My name is Josh. Joshua Zython Zammington if you want the full version. I'm fourteen years old, and I just started High School. As a new kid who didn't know or like anyone before even starting Freshman year, I've sort of just become a nobody... Someone you wouldn't give a damn about, or one of those quiet kids that no one even thinks about. That's who I am.

As you can see, I try not to act like myself in real life because myself sucks. I have to blend in with the rest of the idiots of the world so I can at least be accepted as normal or something stupid like that. I'm not sure why I care. Why it matters to me if I share my real thoughts about everything, but I guess it does.

And I as I sit here, I start to wonder when is everything just going to end? Honestly, there's nothing in the least bit that I'm looking forward to. I'm not pessimistic; I'm just realistic.

Now that I think about it, there is this one thing that's coming up that I should be excited for that everyone else is excited for that I have no interest in whatsoever. It's so stupid and lame that I don't even want to think about it, but I guess I have to tell you this because it might be important or something.

Homecoming. It's where all the jocks and cool kids ask the nasty, attractive girls and where the nobodies ask all the other girls that no one else wanted to go with. You see, I am a nobody, but I'm a different kind of nobody. I'm a smart nobody that can actually admit to myself that I am a nobody, and that no one cares about me. That's what separates me from every other idiotic nobody. They don't realize that themselves sucks and that they would be better off dead. Of course everyone would pretend they'd care if someone committed suicide, but people just play along so they can seem like a good person or something stupid like that.

The thing is that these kids don't realize that they are better off dead because no one has the balls to tell them to ****ing kill themselves now. I should turn to my friend and kill him myself, but I am too tired and lazy to do so right now. Maybe next time.

Anyway, I have no plans on asking an inferior being (female for short) to some Orgy of Love where everybody must foreplay because that apparently doesn't make them a whore. Why not just **** I mean, what's the point of talking to one of these beings if you aren't using them for ****ing purposes? The simple answer is that there is none.

Okay, enough about all the other stuff that doesn't matter. Let's move on to other stuff that also doesn't matter. I don't play sports, and have no interest in playing sports. As much fun as it is to have a coach yelling at me to not have fun and not enjoy myself for three hours every day in the hot, blazing sun, I just couldn't bring myself to play football. I mean, doing a bunch of drills that no one wants to do and getting yelled at for no reason does seem like a lot of fun and all, but there's plenty of better ways to spend my time. For example, doing absolutely nothing. That's one of my favorite things to do.

Oh... man... This sandwich really does taste like **** I put the sandwich on the table and folded my arms. I glanced at my friend who seemed to want to know if he could have my sandwich, but was too ****ing worried or something to ask if he could have it. Since I'm a nice guy and don't like ugly people staring at me (This explains why I never look at myself in the mirror.), I decided to say to him, "Go right the **** ahead."

It wasn't until later that I realized how ****ing hungry I was. I suppose my mother packed me a sandwich that doesn't taste good for a reason. But like the idiot I am, I decided not to eat it. I know I put myself above people and say I am not an idiot like them I have to admit that that isn't true. See, I'm a different kind of person, and I'm a different kind of idiot. I'm an idiot that occasionally does **** that ends up ****ing me right up the **** just because I don't think everything through properly.

At this point, my **** and teachings must be stopped so I can listen to my teacher yell at me for not paying attention to something I don't care about. "Do you know the answer, Josh?"

Yes, I do know the answer, but I don't care to give it to you. I have absolutely no purpose or intention of giving you this answer, so I won't. "No, I don't."

"You might've known that the answer was The War of 1812 if you were paying attention," my teacher told me.

Yes, like I give a **** if I know the answer or not. I knew the answer, but I didn't want to tell you. Why would I? There's no reason to it. If I gave you the answer, then what? Would you clap for joy that I know something useless in life that probably won't help me in any way, shape, or form? Listen, I know you're sad and miserable because the only fun you have in life is torturing us kids with your boring teachings, but please don't take it out on me when you can take it out on the idiot next to me.

On the plus side of things, it's Friday. I get to go home and do nothing again. Yippie! Thank God I'm not going to some boring football game that everyone else is going to. It's one of the biggest games this year because it's against our rival or something, and everybody has to go because it's so ****ing important. Thanks, but no thanks.

The bell rang and school ended. I set out to go home until some inferior being (female) approached me. She was in my way. I could easily turn to the right, or left if I was feeling dangerous, but instead jus stood there and said, "Can you please find a better place to stand? You're blocking the current area in which I plan to stand in next."

She exploded with laugher, so much so that I just felt awkward. I wasn't sure how to react to this. I guess she found my idiocy funny or something. I almost smiled, but then didn't when I realized there was no purpose in doing so.

When she finally was done laughing, she finally said to me, "You coming to the game now?"

"No, I would, but it sounds boring as hell and something I would rather not do," I replied.

"Oh, well, you should come. It's about to begin and everybody's going. Surely you can't be doing something that exciting when everyone else is here. You should come. It will be fun," she lied to me.

"I'll go next time, but I really can't today. I forgot to feed my cat," I told her. My nonexistent cat usually gets quite mad when I forget to feed him.

"Oh..." she started to say. She glared into my eyes for a second and then said, "Well, have fun."

I took it she didn't buy what I said, but I didn't care. Neither of us said bye. I just sort of walked on after that. Her name was Jane. Jane Dalk. She was in a few of my cl@sses, but she never really tried to talk to me until now. I have no idea why she would bother talking to someone as uninteresting and as ugly as me, but she did.

To be honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure I was glad I said no. Sure, the game doesn't interest in the least bit, but it could be something to do. I mean, I don't really have anything better to do, so I could... talk to her while I was there or something. It might not be completely boring.

Whatever. All I have now is a day full of nothing.

Chapter 2: Everything You'll Ever Need to Know About Nothing

My parents won't give me a ride home because they hate me and force me to walk thirty minutes all the way home. I live relatively close to the school if I drive there, but since I was walking on home on this crappy Friday, it would be away before I actually got home. Yes, I could ride my bike to school and back, I know, but my bike was stolen the first week of school because someone that obviously has no decency somehow managed to find out my combination to the bike-lock and then take away the bike without a care in the world.

I never told my parents about what happened, but I always assumed they figured it out when the realized it took me forever to get home and that I came home without a bike. They were always home, too. The just didn't feel like driving for five minutes to get to the school, and then five minutes back. The only possible reason I can think of why they would make me walk all the way home is that they probably don't give a **** about me. That's the conclusion I've come to believe, at least.

I was getting really tired of walking home all the time. This would be the tenth time doing so. I decided to take out my cellular phone and call my mother. I went through my four contacts (Home, Dad, Mom, and my best friend that isn't my friend that doesn't deserve to be called anything.) and clicked on my mom. The phone began to ring and after two rings, she picked up.

Before she could even talk I immediately jumped on her and said, "I'm sick of walking home all the time! Pick me up!"

"Sorry, dear. I'm having lunch with Mrs. Knelts right now. You'll have to wait an hour or so if you want me to pick you up. Your father is working late tonight," my mother informed me.

I hung up the phone. I could stay around at the football game and possibly talk to this Jane Dalk, or I could **** about walking home while I walked home. Both sounded like horrible ideas, but the latter actually sounded like a reasonable thing to do, so I went with that plan.

"Hey, can I borrow your phone?" asked some kid that I would never lend my phone to.

"No, I'm leaving right now, and I don't understand why I would wait around wasting time when I could be one more minute closer to my home if I don't give you my phone," I replied.

The kid stared at me for a second. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. He then turned around, ignoring me and turned his attention to his friend to talk about something that is stupid and uninteresting.

I began my long journey home. Halfway through it, I got a phone call from that one kid that I hate but still call a friend. I wasn't sure if I should waste my time picking up the phone, but I was bored, so I did. "What do you want?" I demanded.

"Hey, Josh, man. What's up?" he asked me.

"I'm walking home. Quit the formal crap and just ask me the damn question they you want to ask me," I told him.

"Oh, well... I was just wondering if you wanted to go down to the theater to see a movie," he responded.

"No, I don't want to waste my valuable money that I don't spend on anything to see some stupid movie that will suck and not be funny. Explain to me why the hell I would want to do that," I said.

"I heard it's a pretty good movie, though. It's supposed to be really funny. I haven't seen a good flick in awhile, and this really caught my interest," he informed me.

"If you are talking about Step Brothers, then forget about it. I have no interest in seeing that garbage and I planned on doing something that isn't quite as boring as hell as that movie that doesn't involve you. Sorry," I said.

He hung up the phone without another word. I realize I'm mean to him, but that's only because he's so goddamn annoying. The only reason he calls me is because I'm his only friend that isn't really his friend, anyway. He's just trying to lead what people would refer to as a "normal" life, like all the other losers I know. The truth is that he is an idiot. He's an idiot because he doesn't realize that no one cares about him, and that he takes abuse from people that hate him just so he can at least feel better about himself when he tells himself every day that "he has friends." Except I'm not really his friend by the definition of the word, but still hang out with him when I feel like being an **** to someone that will take it. Isn't life so sad when you know people like that exist?

I took out my cellular phone again and deleted him from my contacts. I realized that I would never want to call him, anyway, so I just removed him permanently. I guess it's time to put a name to this idiot. His name is Danny, but I usually replace his name with an insult whenever I refer to him. He's just another person that tries to fit in, but fails epically at it. He plays football, and he's absolutely terrible about it. He's really tall, really ugly, and really slow. He isn't really fat, but you can tell he's out of shape just by looking at him. I wish the coach would just kick him off the team so he can feel bad about himself and realize that he does suck at life.

The coach of the football team asked me to join the team. Believe it or not, I'm extremely fast. I'm probably faster than everyone on the team, and I have a great build. I'm not the strongest, but I sure as hell can kick the living crap out of most kids on the team. I don't know how. The only time I ever work out is when the football team is in the weight room. I like to do this only to show the coach what he's missing. It humors me that he still comes up to me and asks me if I would like to play. I always tell him that I might play next here, but I'm just **** with him. I'd never play that stupid game, especially when our team is so terrible. I admit that the coach is a nice guy, but I still don't like him.

I continued walking home when I saw some kids from my Grade School playing catch with the football. I tried to walk past them, but they spotted me. There were four of them. It looked extremely boring. They were just throwing some ball in the air back and forth to each other, and making fun of each when they dropped the ball.

"Hey, hey! Josh, man!" called out Ricky. He tossed the football really hard, right at my chest. I caught the ball and then threw it back to Ricky. I continued to walk when he called out to him again. "Josh, I haven't seen you in forever! Let's play a game. Two on two. I'll be all time QB."

"No, I have to study for this big test coming up. Thanks, though. Maybe some other time," I replied. I tried to be nice to him, and didn't want to appear sarcastic, because I actually did like Ricky back in the day. He was good natured and all the girls loved him. He was sort of an **** back in the younger grades, but he became more mature once seventh grade came around. He always tried to include me in things, but I never really wanted to do anything with any of my ****ates. He goes to a different High School now, along with a bunch of other people that went to my Grade School. I think it's called Jefferson High School, or something like that. I attend Hathing High School. I don't know why it's called what it is, but I don't really care, either.

"Alright, man. Maybe next time." Ricky nodded and then threw the football to one of his buddies. I knew Ricky didn't buy what I said since it was Friday and all, and the fact that I never really showed I cared about my grades, ever, either.

After finally reaching my house, I thought about going back to play with them. I wasn't doing anything, so I could at least do something that isn't nothing for once. I thought about it, but then decided against it. I suddenly felt tired and wanted to go to sleep.

I walked up the steps and then tried to open the door. I shouted profanity when I realized it was locked and that my parents weren't home to open the door. I'd have to wait another half hour before I went inside.

I lied down on the porch and closed my eyes. I was trying to fall asleep, but I didn't. I looked at the sky and saw it was cloudy. It started to drizzle. Then it rained harder and harder. I didn't move. I just lied where I was and closed my eyes again.

After ten minutes or so, I saw Ricky and his buddies walk past my house. Ricky shouted out to me, "You a little wet?" When I didn't answer, he went on. "Josh, come over to my house. We're going to play some Wii and invite some Jefferson girls over." Ricky never referred to the inferior beings as anything other than "girls" or "ladies" when he was kidding around. He never talked about any of them in a derogatory manner and showed a lot of respect for them. He never talked about "getting **** or "banging some chicks." He never even talked about girls' appearances, even when they were around. He was a good looking guy himself, but he never looked for anything other than a nice girl. Looks didn't matter to him at all.

"Yeah, I guess I'll come," I said. My parents wouldn't be home for another twenty minutes, and I suddenly felt the urge to do something that isn't nothing for once.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
I do like the idea. It's pretty well done and I can definately relate to some of the stuff that kid thinks about in his daily life (what's my purpose, etc. although I'm not really quiet or depressed in any way); I feel it's fairly normal and a good way to capture a large audience is to relate the characters to them, so you did a great job there. I guess eventually you'll expand on his character more (show some sort of inner strengths that'll develop over the story, or something like that I'd guess) but that's a good opening chapter.

Keep up the good work I say. :D
colonicjas2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 colonicjas2
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
i kinda wanna read more now :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Wow, thank you very much for the feedback, guys. :D

I do plan on expanding the character a bit. As the story goes on, he'll become less heartless and eventually have some value in life, as opposed to the way he is now. He's just really looking for a meaning in life, and so far, he hasn't found it yet. A lot of people feel this way in life.

Again, thanks much. I appreciate what you guys said. :)

brainscientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brainscientist
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

Hey, I made a story that's like this back in seventh grade. I'm going to be in tenth grade this year. I'm sixteen years old. I'm working on the same type of story about a depressed teenager just going through life. This one has the main character more angry/negative than depressed, though.

I just wanted to know what some of you guys thought of the first chapter. Please don't just say it sucks! Tell me why it's bad and what I could work on. I want to be a writer some day, and I'm sure that some of the older GameSpot users could help me out with some parts.

So here it is:

"Everything You Wouldn't Want to Hear"

Chapter 1: Everything That Doesn't Matter

As I sat down in my chair next to my best friend that I wouldn't even consider a "friend" at all by the definition of the word, I began to wonder what my purpose in life was. I hated waking up at six in the morning every single day just so I could get to the end of the day where I don't do something that isn't completely boring as hell. It's not like what I do at home is anything exciting, but at least I get to do nothing and focus on something on nothing. That's probably the best part of my day.

I'm a Freshman in High School right now. I came from a little private school that was a lot better than the place I'm in now. I guess I took the times I had there for granted because I still complained about how much everything sucked in Grade School. I, however, did not think High School could be any worse. I was wrong.

So as I sat down in my chair, I still began to wonder about things. Like why the **** am I sitting in this ****ing chair and eating a **** sandwich when I don't want to? Why in the world am I sitting next to a kid I don't like? And what in God's name is that smell?

I can't really come up with answer for any of these questions, except the latter. See, there are weird people at my school that obviously do not care that they eating **** when they can be eating better food that is not ****.

Anyway, enough about me and my ****ing eating habits. I'll tell you something that should hold some significance, but really isn't because nobody gives a damn about me. My name is Josh. Joshua Zython Zammington if you want the full version. I'm fourteen years old, and I just started High School. As a new kid who didn't know or like anyone before even starting Freshman year, I've sort of just become a nobody... Someone you wouldn't give a damn about, or one of those quiet kids that no one even thinks about. That's who I am.

As you can see, I try not to act like myself in real life because myself sucks. I have to blend in with the rest of the idiots of the world so I can at least be accepted as normal or something stupid like that. I'm not sure why I care. Why it matters to me if I share my real thoughts about everything, but I guess it does.

And I as I sit here, I start to wonder when is everything just going to end? Honestly, there's nothing in the least bit that I'm looking forward to. I'm not pessimistic; I'm just realistic.

Now that I think about it, there is this one thing that's coming up that I should be excited for that everyone else is excited for that I have no interest in whatsoever. It's so stupid and lame that I don't even want to think about it, but I guess I have to tell you this because it might be important or something.

Homecoming. It's where all the jocks and cool kids ask the nasty, attractive girls and where the nobodies ask all the other girls that no one else wanted to go with. You see, I am a nobody, but I'm a different kind of nobody. I'm a smart nobody that can actually admit to myself that I am a nobody, and that no one cares about me. That's what separates me from every other idiotic nobody. They don't realize that themselves sucks and that they would be better off dead. Of course everyone would pretend they'd care if someone committed suicide, but people just play along so they can seem like a good person or something stupid like that.

The thing is that these kids don't realize that they are better off dead because no one has the balls to tell them to ****ing kill themselves now. I should turn to my friend and kill him myself, but I am too tired and lazy to do so right now. Maybe next time.

Anyway, I have no plans on asking an inferior being (female for short) to some Orgy of Love where everybody must foreplay because that apparently doesn't make them a whore. Why not just **** I mean, what's the point of talking to one of these beings if you aren't using them for ****ing purposes? The simple answer is that there is none.

Okay, enough about all the other stuff that doesn't matter. Let's move on to other stuff that also doesn't matter. I don't play sports, and have no interest in playing sports. As much fun as it is to have a coach yelling at me to not have fun and not enjoy myself for three hours every day in the hot, blazing sun, I just couldn't bring myself to play football. I mean, doing a bunch of drills that no one wants to do and getting yelled at for no reason does seem like a lot of fun and all, but there's plenty of better ways to spend my time. For example, doing absolutely nothing. That's one of my favorite things to do.

Oh... man... This sandwich really does taste like **** I put the sandwich on the table and folded my arms. I glanced at my friend who seemed to want to know if he could have my sandwich, but was too ****ing worried or something to ask if he could have it. Since I'm a nice guy and don't like ugly people staring at me (This explains why I never look at myself in the mirror.), I decided to say to him, "Go right the **** ahead."

It wasn't until later that I realized how ****ing hungry I was. I suppose my mother packed me a sandwich that doesn't taste good for a reason. But like the idiot I am, I decided not to eat it. I know I put myself above people and say I am not an idiot like them I have to admit that that isn't true. See, I'm a different kind of person, and I'm a different kind of idiot. I'm an idiot that occasionally does **** that ends up ****ing me right up the **** just because I don't think everything through properly.

At this point, my **** and teachings must be stopped so I can listen to my teacher yell at me for not paying attention to something I don't care about. "Do you know the answer, Josh?"

Yes, I do know the answer, but I don't care to give it to you. I have absolutely no purpose or intention of giving you this answer, so I won't. "No, I don't."

"You might've known that the answer was The War of 1812 if you were paying attention," my teacher told me.

Yes, like I give a **** if I know the answer or not. I knew the answer, but I didn't want to tell you. Why would I? There's no reason to it. If I gave you the answer, then what? Would you clap for joy that I know something useless in life that probably won't help me in any way, shape, or form? Listen, I know you're sad and miserable because the only fun you have in life is torturing us kids with your boring teachings, but please don't take it out on me when you can take it out on the idiot next to me.

On the plus side of things, it's Friday. I get to go home and do nothing again. Yippie! Thank God I'm not going to some boring football game that everyone else is going to. It's one of the biggest games this year because it's against our rival or something, and everybody has to go because it's so ****ing important. Thanks, but no thanks.

The bell rang and school ended. I set out to go home until some inferior being (female) approached me. She was in my way. I could easily turn to the right, or left if I was feeling dangerous, but instead jus stood there and said, "Can you please find a better place to stand? You're blocking the current area in which I plan to stand in next."

She exploded with laugher, so much so that I just felt awkward. I wasn't sure how to react to this. I guess she found my idiocy funny or something. I almost smiled, but then didn't when I realized there was no purpose in doing so.

When she finally was done laughing, she finally said to me, "You coming to the game now?"

"No, I would, but it sounds boring as hell and something I would rather not do," I replied.

"Oh, well, you should come. It's about to begin and everybody's going. Surely you can't be doing something that exciting when everyone else is here. You should come. It will be fun," she lied to me.

"I'll go next time, but I really can't today. I forgot to feed my cat," I told her. My nonexistent cat usually gets quite mad when I forget to feed him.

"Oh..." she started to say. She glared into my eyes for a second and then said, "Well, have fun."

I took it she didn't buy what I said, but I didn't care. Neither of us said bye. I just sort of walked on after that. Her name was Jane. Jane Dalk. She was in a few of my ****s, but she never really tried to talk to me until now. I have no idea why she would bother talking to someone as uninteresting and as ugly as me, but she did.

To be honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure I was glad I said no. Sure, the game doesn't interest in the least bit, but it could be something to do. I mean, I don't really have anything better to do, so I could... talk to her while I was there or something. It might not be completely boring.

Whatever. All I have now is a day full of nothing.

DeathScape666

focus on something on nothing

Wrong!!

brainscientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brainscientist
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

Try......

Focus on something that is actually nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Try......

Focus on something that is actually nothing.

brainscientist

Sorry, but I'm confused about what you are saying...

Are you poking fun at me because of what the main character was saying about "nothing?"

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
Well, the story has this dark atmosphere, you can try basing it on your nightmares, your fears, what you hate and stuff like that.
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
I want to read more now...
Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Franklinstein
Member since 2004 • 7017 Posts

In a reader's standpoint, I like it.

In a critical standpoint, a tad too much cursing, at certain points I was lost in the cursing, and if I could just suggest to you, maybe try not to repeat yourself so much, a lot of times readers(not me however) will get aggravated with the repetition. Just try to use a different phrase instead of the same one, if you want to stop this. Personally, however, I can easily look past it, and it looks good. May I ask how old are you?

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Well, the story has this dark atmosphere, you can try basing it on your nightmares, your fears, what you hate and stuff like that.Tuky06

I think it conveys more of a "realism" or realistic atmosphere. There are quite a few people in real life like Josh in his story.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
It's well written, little too much cursing. I can definitely remember feeling some of those feelings when I was thirteen or so. All in all, I'd keep reading.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

In a critical standpoint, a tad too much cursing, at certain points I was lost in the cursing, and if I could just suggest to you, maybe try not to repeat yourself so much, a lot of times readers(not me however) will get aggravated with the repetition. Just try to use a different phrase instead of the same one, if you want to stop this. Personally, however, I can easily look past it, and it looks good. May I ask how old are you?

Franklinstein

Yeah, when I was writing it, I actually did notice I cursed a lot. I know people say, "The only people that swear a lot are the ones that lack a large vocabulary." This is really because my vocabularly isn't that good (It's not bad. Just isn't too great.), but I thought it would show more emotion/anger if he swore a lot. I don't know. I tend to swear a lot when I'm angry, too, but I will cut down on the swearing. I admit that it is a bit too much, and that I dropped the f bomb sometimes two times in one sentence.

Yeah, I understand some parts are repetitive. I should've looked over it a bit more before I posted it here. I was thinking that it might emphasize something, but I don't know... Sometimes I think some things are a good idea when in reality, it isn't. My first story of the same subject matter started this way, too. In all the following chapters, there will be more dialogue and less repetition.

I'm sixteen years old. I'll be a Sophmore in High School this coming August.

And thank you very much for the feedback, everyone. :) I appreciate all of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Chapter 2 is up and running for those of you who are interested. :)
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
That's quite well written, I kind of want to read more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

That's quite well written, I kind of want to read more.69ANT69

Thank you very much, dude. I seriously appreciate it. :) (I'll stop with the smileys after this smiley. :P

I definitely will write more later.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Wait your 16 going into 10th grade? Isn't that like a year too old?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Wait your 16 going into 10th grade? Isn't that like a year too old?cool_baller

Yes, it is. I should be going into 11th grade, but I was "immature" or something like that, and went to "Pre K" after Pre School instead of "Kindergarden." Just think of me attending three years of Pre School instead of two.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I think you're doing a pretty good job.. but to be honest.. I myself am not interested in reading about some kid **** about "life". Hehe.. but you're doing an awesome job portraying this punks life in high school.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cool_baller

[QUOTE="cool_baller"]Wait your 16 going into 10th grade? Isn't that like a year too old?DeathScape666

Yes, it is. I should be going into 11th grade, but I was "immature" or something like that, and went to "Pre K" after Pre School instead of "Kindergarden." Just think of me attending three years of Pre School instead of two.

Well anyways it was ok for me. The character said somethings thinks that sound pretty unbelievable to me, like when the kid asked to borrow his phone, I don't know anybody who would respond like that to a stranger.

You can definitly turn this into an existential novel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]

[QUOTE="cool_baller"]Wait your 16 going into 10th grade? Isn't that like a year too old?cool_baller

Well anyways it was ok for me. The character said somethings thinks that sound pretty unbelievable to me, like when the kid asked to borrow his phone, I don't know anybody who would respond like that to a stranger.

You can definitly turn this into an existential novel.

Well, Josh doesn't really have any value in life, and tries to come off as cruel to people he doesn't know. That's just how he is.

He also lies to himself. You'll have to use clues to know when he's lying since he's the narrator. He goes in the weight room while the football team is in there because he wants to feel wanted by someone. He wants positive attention. He's too afraid to actually admit this to himself, because that isn't the type of person he wants to be. That's the type of person he scoffs at, but that's who he is. Just letting you guys know.

Also, Sinister Goggles, I can understand if the subject matter doesn't interest you. That's perfectly fine. You can never appease everyone.

Thank you very much for the feedback and honesty, guys. :)

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cool_baller
Yes I can definitly see some existential themes growing out of it, if it goes a certain way.
Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Franklinstein
[QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

DeathScape666

Yeah, when I was writing it, I actually did notice I cursed a lot. I know people say, "The only people that swear a lot are the ones that lack a large vocabulary." This is really because my vocabularly isn't that good (It's not bad. Just isn't too great.), but I thought it would show more emotion/anger if he swore a lot. I don't know. I tend to swear a lot when I'm angry, too, but I will cut down on the swearing. I admit that it is a bit too much, and that I dropped the f bomb sometimes two times in one sentence.

Yeah, I understand some parts are repetitive. I should've looked over it a bit more before I posted it here. I was thinking that it might emphasize something, but I don't know... Sometimes I think some things are a good idea when in reality, it isn't. My first story of the same subject matter started this way, too. In all the following chapters, there will be more dialogue and less repetition.

I don't want you to think I didn't like it or anything like that. I liked it a lot. It was great, I was just looking for some kind of constructive critisism. I like the second half also. Although I have to say, I like chapter 1 better, I'm looking forward to chapter 3 as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="Franklinstein"]

Franklinstein

I don't want you to think I didn't like it or anything like that. I liked it a lot. It was great, I was just looking for some kind of constructive critisism. I like the second half also. Although I have to say, I like chapter 1 better, I'm looking forward to chapter 3 as well.

Oh, that's perfectly okay! :) I did say I wanted some advice, so yeah. ^_^

Yes, I knew chapter 1 was better... I was kind of in the mood. I was going to play Final Fantasy X, but then this just came to me, so I wrote it.

Awesome! Chapter 3 might be up later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Its interestng the protaganist is badass.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Well it reminds me a lot of Catcher in the Rye. The narrator is a jerk, he's disillusioned with the world, he is smart but chooses to be dumb (it's almost Socratic) and furthermore he's unreliable. I can definitely see this story finding a lot of common ground amongst the angsty teens here but for me the constant negativity is off-putting.

That's not to say it's not well written though. Your sentences generally flow together nicely and there are very few spelling and punctuation errors. Keep up the good work mate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Well it reminds me a lot of Catcher in the Rye. The narrator is a jerk, he's disillusioned with the world, he is smart but chooses to be dumb (it's almost Socratic) and furthermore he's unreliable. I can definitely see this story finding a lot of common ground amongst the angsty teens here but for me the constant negativity is off-putting.

That's not to say it's not well written though. Your sentences generally flow together nicely and there are very few spelling and punctuation errors. Keep up the good work mate.

domatron23

I read The Catcher in the Rye in August 2007... I liked it a lot. I thought of that story a few times while writing this.

Thank you very much. :) I can understand if the subject matter doesn't interest you. That's okay. This story isn't for everyone.

Also, thank you Mgamer for your feedback, as well.

Okay, I wrote Chapter 3 two days ago, but the power went out, and I couldn't connect to the Internet. The power just went back on today. So now Chapter 3 is up and running.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Chapter 3: Everything You Never Knew About Me

I began to walk with Ricky and his friends. I decided to start a conversation. "So who are these Jefferson girls?"

"You don't know two of them, but Stephanie is coming," Ricky told me.

"Stephanie Loits?" I asked him.

"Yup. She's dominating on the volleyball team this year." Ricky smiled. "She's really good."

Stephanie was always really good at volleyball. She was the star of the team in fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. She was the best at anything and could play any position. It was no surprise to me that she was better than everyone at Jefferson, even with the massive increase of student. "That's good to hear. I haven't seen her in forever."

"She's a lot better looking now. She stopped dying her hair, so it's her natural color again," Spencer told me. Spencer was as tall as he was skinny. He had his hair spiked up as always, and had baby blue eyes. I always thought his clothing options were weird, and today was no exception. Despite it being hot for most of the day, he wore long pants and an undershirt. He seemed to be sweating. He was also pretty clueless, but was quiet most of the time.

"That's good to here. I always thought she looked good, even with her dyed hair," I stated.

When we got to Ricky's house, we were greeted by his mother. She was a very nice lady and offered all of us snacks and something to drink. I declined. I never drank pop and never felt hungry. Today, however, I was hungry. I didn't eat my lunch today, so it would've been nice if I could order the lady to make me sandwich or something. I didn't, though. I just felt didn't like taking food from other people.

We went downstairs and started to play basketball. Yes, Ricky's house was huge and was home to half a court inside his own house! I played in the league at our school in fifth and sixth grade. I was thinking about doing it seventh grade, but didn't. I lost all passion for the sport during that time. I admittedly had a lot of fun in fifth and sixth grade, though.

It was two on three. Ricky was a super athlete, so he could basically pass off as two people. He was really that good. I wasn't half bad myself, but I was on the team with three people.

Throughout the course of the game, I realized that I was no longer that good. My shots were off, and I couldn't dribble with my left hand. Most of the kids developed that skill in seventh and eighth grade. I was behind. I did make two baskets, but it was still the least out of the five of us.

When the girls finally arrived, everyone was sweating quite a bit. I hadn't worked that hard in quite awhile. I sat down on the ground against the wall and saw three girls begin to hug the other four boys. Stephanie, the one girl that knew me, screamed my name and began hugging me. I didn't really hug back or put my arms around her. I just sort of took it. I grinned. "You didn't tell me he was coming!"

"We just saw him walking down the sidewalk while we were playing football and decided we needed to catch up," Ricky informed her.

"How are you doing, Stephanie?" I asked her. I was in a relatively good mood. Normally, I could find something to hate about everyone, but I really did like these kids. I don't find myself saying that often enough, sadly. I wanted to enjoy this moment. I wasn't sure if I would ever see these kids again.

"Oh, I'm doing great! Jefferson's a really good school." She was smiling. She smiled too much. "How come you never went to any of the graduation parties during the Summer?"

"Oh, I was busy with some things" I answered her. I didn't want to tell her that I didn't want to go, so I just went with that. Maybe I should've gone after all.

"Oh yeah. Didn't you cut lawns during the Summer? I'm sure that was a good paying job." She continued to smile.

"Yeah, I did." I didn't want to say anything else. I barely ever worked. It was only on very rare occasions when someone actually asked me to come and cut their grass. When they did, it was only ever because my mother begged them to hire me. Most people could find people that would do it for cheaper, like illegal immigrants.

"Zammington, what school do you go to now?" Jerry asked me.

"Hathing High School," I told him.

"Oh my God!" one of the girls exclaimed. "Do you have a brother?"

"Yes," I responded.

"What school does he go to?" she asked.

"He doesn't go to school anymore," I answered.

"What do you mean?" the girl questioned.

"I mean what I said," I replied. "He doesn't go to school anymore."

"I don't understand..." the girl began.

"He died," Jerry announced.

The girl opened her mouth, but said nothing. She closed it and remained silent.

"Why do you ask?" I wanted to know.

"There's some Senior with the same last name as you that asked my sister to Homecoming," she started. "But I guess that isn't him."

"No, that isn't him because he's dead," I responded.

Everyone went silent. No one said anything. I just kept gazing into the girl's eyes and said nothing. I didn't stop looking at her. I don't know what I was trying to accomplish. I just kept gazing at her as if I was hypnotized by her beauty.

My brother's name is David. He was my best friend. I didn't realize that he was the only reason I was living. I never really noticed how big of an impact he had on my life until he was gone. When he died, I felt empty. I started to feel like nothing mattered in the world. I didn't know who to blame or exactly what to feel. I sort of became silent. I stopped talking to people, and I didn't want to hang out with anyone anymore. I never wanted to have any value in life after that. I just didn't want to feel so hurt again. I never wanted to feel that attached to anyone again. When someone died, I didn't want to feel what I felt the day my brother died. I never wanted things to be like that again.

Things were different from that point on. It was the very beginning of seventh grade. I lost interest in basically everything. Nothing felt exciting anymore. I forgot how to have fun. I forgot what mattered in life. I forgot why I was living. I had no purpose in life, I realized. David's purpose in life was to make other people feel happy. He could always make someone laugh and he often times got compliments on his angel-like face. I was never like him. I could never measure up to him. He was better than me.

He still loved me, I think. He always encouraged me. He was very mature for his age and is probably the smartest person I'll ever know. He gave people a purpose to live. At least, he gave me one. Someone that does that doesn't have to be a scientist that finds the cure to cancer, the next Michael Jordan, or even a Nascar driver. If you can make people happy in life, that's all that matters. That's what he did for me. He never needed to be the most successful person or get the best grades to be this important to me.

I know I hold him to a high regard, but it isn't because he's dead. He was always my best friend and can't be replaced. He was two years younger than me, but sometimes I felt like the younger brother. It was weird how grown up he acted and how he could see from my perspective about things.

He fell down the stairs and died. That's just how it happened. Why did it happen, though? And why was life so unfair? David was such a good guy and he died. There are tons of rapists, killers, and drug dealers that are still on the loose. They aren't dead. Why is David dead? Who thought it was okay for David to die?

He didn't really fall down the stairs like I said earlier. He was really pushed down the stairs. The kid that did it was named Dylan Hadle. I'll never forget his name. I guess he was trying to be funny or something and pushed my brother down the stairs. He was only in fifth grade, but he still shouldn't have been so stupid. He didn't think. He acted. He didn't think. He just did it without a care in the world. I still don't know why he did it. It doesn't matter, though. He did it. That's all I need to know. He killed my little brother.

Things are different now. No one like that exists anymore.

Stephanie grabbed my arm. I suddenly felt angry. "Why are you touching me?"

"Josh..." She didn't know what to say. I had an angry look on my face. She was no longer smiling, and it looked like she was trying to tell me something with her eyes. She was trying to sympathize with me, but didn't know what to say.

"I don't care," I declared. I did care, but I wanted to stop making things feel so awkward.

"Josh, let me add my number into your phone." Ricky got up and walked near me.

"Why would you want to do that? Why do you want to hang out with me, Ricky?" I wanted to know. I wanted to know why he was so nice to me. There was nothing special about me. I was a failure in every thing I did. Most people have some redeeming qualities about them even if themselves suck, but I don't. I don't. I don't care if I admit it. I'm not a good person. I'm a waste of life, and I don't care if I tell myself that. I don't lie to myself. I can tell myself that without getting upset. It doesn't matter to me. I've learned to accept it. Ricky feels sorry for me, and that's the only reason he invited me to his house.

"Because you're my friend, Josh, and I like you," he announced.

I didn't say anything or protest. I handed him my phone. He looked at me when he went through my contacts and found that there were only three. I'm sure he wanted to ask why I made no effort to make any new friends in High School, but didn't because he didn't want to embarrass me. Ricky was always trying to act like an adult. He wanted to help his peers with their problems and tried to understand people. He got in deep conversations with people and helped anyone he could. That's just the way he was. He had the kind of talks my parents would have with me if they actually cared about me.

He handed me my phone back. I slipped it into my pocket and remained silent.

"Let's play some Wii," Jerry suggested. He was the only one that really made the awkward feeling from everyone go away. We all crowded near the television and begin to watch Ricky and the girls play Wii Bowl in Wii Sports. They were laughing at their horrible mistakes. It was annoying.

I was about to leave without saying anything, but since I liked Ricky so much, I decided not to. I went up the stairs and shouted to Ricky that I was leaving. I quickly jolted up the stairs before anyone could say anything.

I opened the front door and walked outside. It was still raining.

Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Franklinstein
Wow, I have to say, Chapter three really takes the cake, it is by far my favorite, and in my opinion the best written. I'm really really looking forward to seeing 4. I like how you waited until the third chapter to describe his brother(which is the reason for him being so distant from everyone I'm guessing). It makes getting to the third chapter well worth it. That is something good writers do, save the real page turners for throughout your story and don't give the reader everything at once. It's good, I like it a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Wow, I have to say, Chapter three really takes the cake, it is by far my favorite, and in my opinion the best written. I'm really really looking forward to seeing 4. I like how you waited until the third chapter to describe his brother(which is the reason for him being so distant from everyone I'm guessing). It makes getting to the third chapter well worth it. That is something good writers do, save the real page turners for throughout your story and don't give the reader everything at once. It's good, I like it a lot.Franklinstein

Thank you very much, dude. :)

Yup, it is one of the main reasons. He lost the only thing that seemed to matter in life, and after that, he just had no value in anything.

Glad to see you liked it. I'll be sure to write Chapter 4 soon.

DonV21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DonV21
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
Good story actually, kids a douchebag but thats what he is supposed to be I guess lol one question tho if Danny plays football why is he going to the movies and not the football game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Good story actually, kids a douchebag but thats what he is supposed to be I guess lol one question tho if Danny plays football why is he going to the movies and not the football game?DonV21

Yeah, that's just the way he is.

Glad you asked, because I realize I didn't point this out. It's a Varsity football game. He's a Freshman. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

DonV21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DonV21
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

[QUOTE="DonV21"]Good story actually, kids a douchebag but thats what he is supposed to be I guess lol one question tho if Danny plays football why is he going to the movies and not the football game?DeathScape666

Yeah, that's just the way he is.

Glad you asked, because I realize I didn't point this out. It's a Varsity football game. He's a Freshman. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Oh ok and I just read Chapter 3. I understand the character a little better, and why he is the way he is, angry and stuff

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
Very well done there. I like how you gave the reason for him being so distant and cold towards everyone later in the story, instead of being upfront about it like other authors. Plus, the main character can relate to a lot of teenagers etc at the moment. Well done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Hey, everyone. I know this story is, like, four months old, and I vanished without any sign. This is mostly because football and school was consuming most of my time. I plan on writing a chapter this weekend, and a few more once Finals are done, and Christmas Break starts. I'm telling ya: Being a Sophomore isn't easy. :P I don't know if anyone is interested anymore, though, but I'll do it for my own enjoyment, anyway.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
Wow. This isn't bad. Its depressing, but I think you were trying for that. Did you struggle with depression when you were younger? If not, why the inspiration?
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Originally I thought your story was somewhat mundane, but the line in which the main character said he wasn't entirely sure whether he was satisfied with his "no" really gave me an insight as to where I would make a guess that you're taking the story. Could be good, write more.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
Also, its interesting how he refers to women as inferior beings... it leaves room for character development.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Wow. This isn't bad. Its depressing, but I think you were trying for that. Did you struggle with depression when you were younger? If not, why the inspiration?TAKE_IT_BACK
Yes, I was. In seventh grade (Three years ago.), I was really depressed and didn't like being around people. I lost all my connections with my friends and would sometimes cry at random times for no particular reason. I'd ask myself why I was crying, but I never found a reason. Everything appeared boring to me. I just had no attachment to anything, wasn't interested in the things that I used to love doing, and kind of stopped be who I was.

Fortunately, my mother got me medication that Summer, so I started out fresh in eighth grade. Eighth grade was probably my favorite grade, ever, while seventh grade might've been the worst, only because of my negative attitude towards things. It was an awesome recovery, because I started enjoying things more than I ever did before. I still take these pills, even after three years. It's helped my life out a lot, but I still sometimes go in to deep periods of depression. Like at the very beginning of Sophomore year, I would cry every day after football practice because I hated how thins were going... Things got better, though. Also, I wrote this story before Sophomore year started.

Anyway, I don't mind if you guys poke fun at me for "crying." :P It's cool.

Josh is similar to me in a lot of ways. It's much easier to write about something you've experienced. I know what kind of responses I would have towards any situation I put my character through, so the writing just comes to me.

Glad to hear your thoughts, everyone. :) And yes, women play a big role in this novel... but what story these days don't? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Chapter 4: Everything I Hope to Have

I don't completely lack emotion, as much as I tell myself I do. I'll admit that I stick around in this life for some purpose. I really do hope one day that my life will amount to something, and I'll look back on everything and say it was worth all the trouble of being alive during the worst of times.

But let's be realistic for a second: This isn't going to happen. Whenever I try to live my spirits up by lying to myself, I always come to terms with how my life is going to end up. Over the past couple of years, I've learned to not fall for the bullcrap people and the media tell you in life. After all, why is my life suddenly going to get better?

I don't have to find the love of my life. I don't have to go on to get a successful job, or even pass High School. I don't have make friends. And I don't have to be happy. None of this has to happen, despite what popular belief tells you. Those sticking around waiting for more will be incredibly disappointed when they're on their deathbed, wondering why they missed out on all the things that seemed like everyone has to have before they die.

I try to avoid lying to myself because I hate disappointment. Nothing's worse than hoping for something that might not even happen. I'm told not to settle for anything less than my best, but ignoring this advice has led me to better results.

I forgot to tell you the worse news: It's Monday. Saturday and Sunday were insignificant. Ricky tried to call my house a few times, but I just let it ring. He didn't leave a message or anything. I sat around the house all Saturday and Sunday, wondering what I should do. And that's all I did.

I got ready for school early since I was already awake. My mother wasn't awake yet, so I crept down the stairs and made some breakfast for myself. I decided to eat Cheerios. They didn't taste much like anything, but I wasn't in the mood to taste anything. I get like that sometimes.

I was completely ready before my mother was even awake. When she woke up, I lay back in bed and waited for her to get ready to drive me to school. When I got to school, I suddenly started to feel tired. I went into my first cl@ss and rest my head on the desk. Thankfully Mrs. Moskin didn't bother me. She was writing a bunch of stupid English directions on the board, and I already began to dread the day. I started to read what the board said and rolled my eyes when I figured she thought that this would actually be a fun activity. I rest my head back on the desk and closed my eyes. I don't know how long I was like this. Nobody bothered me, and I didn't get back up until the bell rang.

Mrs. Moskin clapped her hands and smiled. Everyone was still talking, so he dropped the smile and just stood there until everyone went silent. "This is not going to work if you guys can't cooperate." Everybody was silent again, including Mrs. Moskin. Then she changed her tone of voice back into something perkier and went on describing the directions.

I wasn't really listening, and since we had partners, I wasn't going to do anything, anyway. I rest my head back on the desk and closed my eyes again. I opened them back up a minute later to see Jane Dalk staring straight into my eyes with a huge grin on her face. I couldn't help but smile back. It was the first smile I had in quite some time. I quickly looked away.

"You can pick your partners, but if I hear too much off topic discussion, I will make you all work on your own," Mrs. Moskin announced.

Oh, crap, I thought. No one was going to ask me to be partners with them, and I didn't know what I was doing.

Jane Dalk sat next to me and said, "Alright, what do you want to do for the project?" Her kindness was shocking to say the least.

"Don't you want to work with one of your friends?" I asked her.

"I am," she said. She smiled again. I just looked at her and said nothing. I didn't really know what to say. "How about we do a scene from Toy Story."

I kind of figured that we were supposed to act out a scene of some sort, so I just replied and said, "Sure." I tried to think of something funny to say, or something else that would spark up some sort of a conversation, but I must've forgot that I suck at those things.

"Alright, let's do jealousy. We'll just do the scene where Buzz comes in, and everyone is impressed by him, except for Woody."

I looked at her for a second and thought about what to say. I couldn't come up with anything, and it seemed to be a lot harder to come up with interesting things to say when you aren't trying to be a total dick. I just smiled like the socially awkward idiot I am.

For the next couple of minutes, I just watched her write a bunch of stuff down. She was completely silent, and I think she was waiting for me to say something. Our teacher complained about people talking about stuff unrelated to the project a few times during the course of this. She came off as rather impatient to me, and I wasn't at all surprised when she flipped out, started yelling at us because a few morons couldn't keep their mouths shut, and said we had to work on the projects by ourselves. I knew everyone was wondering how we were supposed to act out a scene by ourselves and make it not look completely stupid as hell, but no one wanted to see Mrs. Moskin flip out again because she forgot to pack her tampons.

Everyone just started writing stuff and being completely quiet. I was kind of surveying the room to see what everyone's reaction was to this tirade. I saw Jane Dalk staring at me again with an ever bigger smile on her face.

The bell rang. Everybody began to move to their next cl@ss. "Don't move," Mrs. Moskin ordered. Everyone was silent for a second, anticipating her next words. "I don't want any of this tomorrow. You can continue working with your partners if you promise tomorrow will not be a repeat of today. Does that sound good?" Everyone shook their head up and down. When it seemed like she wouldn't say anything more, people started heading out the door. I was happy to see Mrs. Moskin have a backup tampon in her desk, because that meant I would get to work with Jane.

"Come to my house after school," she said. Without another word, she walked away. This time, I was the one with the smile on my face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Sorry that chapter 4 is of such poor quality. I was tired, but couldn't fall asleep. I was also really ticked off today, so I felt the need to write something. But during the course of this, I became even more tired and desperately wanted to fall asleep, so I kind of rushed it. I just wanted to get back into the swing of things because I haven't written a chapter in five and one/third months, and kind of missed doing this.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Pretty good, i would just say tone down the cussing. Also i don't like the parts about "i'm probably buffer than the jocks" and whining to his mom for a ride home, i walked home from elementary school through high school. Other than that i think he's my fictional long lost brother :lol: