~I need a job but I can't think of anyplace to work. Help plz.~

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~Alright, I have really bad back and feet. If I stand for too long they start to hurt. I've tried many shoe insoles but they don't really work. And not only that but I'm dyslexic. I can read just fine but my spelling is that of a 3rd grader. So there goes GameStop.:( (I would of taken the pain for that.) So, Anyone know of a job where I'm not on my feet too much AND I don't have to do too much writing? I can't think of any. Please help, I need to pay my car insurance and I need a new phone and gas for my car and... I just really need a job.:(~-~ ~-~PS: I'm 18 by the way.~-~
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
a brothel.
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
i need a job to but the job's here suck
IgPond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 IgPond
Member since 2005 • 1125 Posts
MCDONALDS!
heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 heartcork
Member since 2005 • 5514 Posts
Telemarketing. Over the phone customer service.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I'm looking for a job of my own. :(
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_PirateKing
i need a job to but the job's here suck gameroz
~-~I don't care if the job sucks and I'm getting below minimum wage. I just need one that's not going to make my feet feel like someone's cracking my bones by squeezing really hard with a pair of pliers.~-~
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
MCDONALDS!IgPond
...yeah they're NEVER on their feet. :roll: Anyway, look in the help wanted section of the newspaper. If you live in a larger city the newspaper most likely has a website you can go to and you can look in the help wanted ads there too.
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
MCDONALDS!IgPond
free fries and soda :D
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_PirateKing
Telemarketing. Over the phone customer service.heartcork
~-~Wow, I would so suck at that. My voice is so low and kind of crappy.:| So I'd fit right in.:) What do they actually do? Oh, and I'm 18, is that old enough?~-~ ~-~...Wait... I'm gona have to be taking down names and addresses right? It's gona suck asking them, "Now how do you spell that?... wait slower... ok got it.... Now how do you spell that?..."~-~
heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 heartcork

[QUOTE="heartcork"]Telemarketing. Over the phone customer service.The_PirateKing
~-~Wow, I would so suck at that. My voice is so low and kind of crappy.:| So I'd fit right in.:) What do they actually do? Oh, and I'm 18, is that old enough?~-~

My sister did it for a brief time. Telemarketing that is. She pretty much just called people and asked them to do surveys on different products. Paper plates, tissues, etc. She had a a book that she read out of, and that had answers to common situations. She said it was easy, just really boring and not for her. Customer service, I dont really know. Helping people with whatever product they bought. I can imagine having to deal with a lot of pissed off people with that job. Annnd, I thik 18 is old enough. 

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_PirateKing

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"][QUOTE="heartcork"]Telemarketing. Over the phone customer service.heartcork

~-~Wow, I would so suck at that. My voice is so low and kind of crappy.:| So I'd fit right in.:) What do they actually do? Oh, and I'm 18, is that old enough?~-~

My sister did it for a brief time. Telemarketing that is. She pretty much just called people and asked them to do surveys on different products. Paper plates, tissues, etc. She had a a book that she read out of, and that had answers to common situations. She said it was easy, just really boring and not for her. Customer service, I dont really know. Helping people with whatever product they bought. I can imagine having to deal with a lot of pissed off people with that job. Annnd, I thik 18 is old enough. 

~-~Hm, that might work. I'd suck at it, I'd probably get laid off in a month for not getting that many people to talk. But it's worth looking into. Thanks. Any other suggestions if my family forbids me to do that or if other things go wrong?~-~
heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heartcork

~-~Hm, that might work. I'd suck at it, I'd probably get laid off in a month for not getting that many people to talk. But it's worth looking into. Thanks. Any other suggestions if my family forbids me to do that or if other things go wrong?~-~The_PirateKing

Will it be your first job? 

dat_monkey87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dat_monkey87
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts
street pharmacy
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#15 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
Becoming a sub teacher.
MCDONALDS!IgPond
Good idea.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_PirateKing
[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]

~-~Hm, that might work. I'd suck at it, I'd probably get laid off in a month for not getting that many people to talk. But it's worth looking into. Thanks. Any other suggestions if my family forbids me to do that or if other things go wrong?~-~heartcork

~-~Yes it will. Crazy ass first job.:P (j/k) But how much do they pay?~-~
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_PirateKing
Becoming a sub teacher.[QUOTE="IgPond"]MCDONALDS!RogerC44
Good idea.

~-~Yea, I'm 18 I don't even have a high school degree and I want to be a teacher.:| I'm sure that would work really well. (better than other 18 year olds cuz I have a background with kids) Oh, and I'm still on my feet.~-~
heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 heartcork
[QUOTE="heartcork"][QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]

~-~Hm, that might work. I'd suck at it, I'd probably get laid off in a month for not getting that many people to talk. But it's worth looking into. Thanks. Any other suggestions if my family forbids me to do that or if other things go wrong?~-~The_PirateKing

It will be hard finding a job that isnt retail/food related. And I have no idea, depends? 

I cant think of anything else. D: 

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_PirateKing
[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"][QUOTE="heartcork"][QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]

~-~Hm, that might work. I'd suck at it, I'd probably get laid off in a month for not getting that many people to talk. But it's worth looking into. Thanks. Any other suggestions if my family forbids me to do that or if other things go wrong?~-~heartcork

It will be hard finding a job that isnt retail/food related. And I have no idea, depends? 

I cant think of anything else. D: 

~-~Aw crap.:( It wouldn't be bad at all if they only gave me a chair... *thinks of a diabolical scheme that involves a wheel chair*... Nah, it'd never work....... Oh.... hi. Well that for trying to help.:)~-~