I made a couple mods.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

I just added a new sight and threw a pistol grip onto the Eighty-Eight for now, but I'm probably going to go back to the stock. What do you think of the transformation so far?

The pics aren't so great, they were taken with my phone.

download.jpg

1.jpg

(Sorry I think I fixed the pics.)

#2 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

I just added a new sight and threw a pistol grip onto the ** for now, but I'm probably going to go back to the stock. What do you think of the transformation so far?

The pics aren't so great, they were taken with my phone-snip->thegerg

Is your phone a rock? :| I see blobs of blue red and yellow

EDIT:

I see now! :P

I'm not really into guns but im glad it makes you happy ^^

#3 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

What pictures?

#4 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

What pictures?

WhiteKnight77
I think I fixed them, sorry.
#5 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Now the pics are showing. I never understood why people put a pistol grip on a shotgun honestly. What made you decide to go back to the stock after changing to the pistol grip?

#6 Posted by KiIIyou (27145 posts) -
The zommies aint gonna like that boy.
#7 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

Now the pics are showing. I never understood why people put a pistol grip on a shotgun honestly. What made you decide to go back to the stock after changing to the pistol grip?

WhiteKnight77
I find it much more comfortable to aim and shoot, and replacing a full stock with a pistol grip on a weapon this size really doesn't make an appreciable improvement to maneuverability. The pistol grip was a gift from a friend, I put it on for kicks more than anything else.
#8 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"]

I just added a new sight and threw a pistol grip onto the ** for now, but I'm probably going to go back to the stock. What do you think of the transformation so far?

The pics aren't so great, they were taken with my phone-snip->TrainerCeleste

Is your phone a rock? :| I see blobs of blue red and yellow

EDIT:

I see now! :P

I'm not really into guns but im glad it makes you happy ^^

Well thanks.
#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I hear they offer free gun mods at local airports.
#10 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -
I hear they offer free gun mods at local airports. Fightingfan
Uh, no. That's untrue.
#11 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I hear they offer free gun mods at local airports. thegerg
Uh, no. That's untrue.

Proof?
#12 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I hear they offer free gun mods at local airports. Fightingfan
Uh, no. That's untrue.

Proof?

Do you have any proof to support your claim that they offer free gun mods at local airports? You are the one that made the claim, you are the one that needs to support it.

#13 Posted by WolfattheDoor34 (3278 posts) -
I'm all about the shooting guns and I think it is a really good one in my opinion
#14 Posted by indzman (17323 posts) -

if i assume TC is from america, why american citizens needs guns for in first place?:|

#15 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

if i assume TC is from america, why american citizens needs guns for in first place?:|

indzman
An American citizen might need a gun for the same reason that a citizen of any other country might need a gun.
#16 Posted by indzman (17323 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

thegerg

An American citizen might need a gun for the same reason that a citizen of any other country might need a gun.

In my country (India) citizens don'tve access to firearms legally, some do keep swords in name of religion ( example Sardar keeps kirpans). But if they use it publicly or for self defense they are breaking law. However many do keep firearms illegally specially in north india but they have to be very careful not using them.

I see US citizens easily gets permits/ license for weapons. I kinda envy them, wish i could own a personal weapon also lol.

EDIT: nifty shotgun mod btw :)

#17 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -
I'm all about the shooting guns and I think it is a really good one in my opinionWolfattheDoor34
thanks
#18 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Firing a shotgun with no stock just sounds like a bad time.

#19 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

indzman

All american homes suffer home invasion buy crazed criminals 3.6 times (on average) per year. Disaster is only averted by the home owner owning more guns then the criminals invading the home*

*may not be true.

#20 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

tenaka2

All american homes suffer home invasion buy crazed criminals 3.6 times (on average) per year. Disaster is only averted by the home owner owning more guns then the criminals invading the home*

*may not be true.

It's not true.
#21 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

thegerg

*may not be true.

It's not true.

Is it 3.5 times per hear and the house owner needs twice as many guns?

#22 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

indzman

I need guns for hunting.

#23 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

*may not be true.

tenaka2

It's not true.

No. That number is quit high, and I'm not sure you have any evidence to support it and no civilian really NEEDS guns. They are just tools that make certain jobs much easier. It's not about need, but about want.
#24 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] It's not true.thegerg

No. That number is quit high, and I'm not sure you have any evidence to support it and no civilian really NEEDS guns. They are just tools that make certain jobs much easier. It's not about need, but about want.

Are you are being sarcastic? I was obviously posting in jest.

If you did take my post seriously then I am worried that you are allowed to own guns.

#25 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

tenaka2

If you did take my post seriously then I am worried that you are allowed to own guns.

I was clearly responding in jest. I am simply addressing the tone of your post, which seems to imply that Americans own high number of weapons due to some perceived unreasonable risk of home invasion.
#26 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] No. That number is quit high, and I'm not sure you have any evidence to support it and no civilian really NEEDS guns. They are just tools that make certain jobs much easier. It's not about need, but about want.thegerg

I was clearly responding in jest. I am simply addressing the tone of your post, which seems to imply that Americans own high number of weapons due to some perceived unreasonable risk of home invasion.

Well I have seen that argument put forward by the pro gun posters,

#27 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

tenaka2

I've not seen gun owners suggest that Americans face an unreasonable risk of home invasion, simply that they wish to be prepared for one.
#28 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7954 posts) -

indzman

To stop the other re... nope can't say that here, To stop the other silly Americans who shoot others.

#29 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

indzman
You don't "need" more than food, water, and shelter. The rest is all pointless recreational material that you find yourself getting involved with because there's not much more to life. Guns are just part of that for some people. :P I'd definitely go back to the stock if you plan on shooting it at a range or going trap shooting. I do like the look of the pistol grip though, and I've always been fond of the synthetic stock.
#30 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] I was clearly responding in jest. I am simply addressing the tone of your post, which seems to imply that Americans own high number of weapons due to some perceived unreasonable risk of home invasion. thegerg

I've not seen gun owners suggest that Americans face an unreasonable risk of home invasion, simply that they wish to be prepared for one.

Problem is that most crims are not stupid and rob houses that are empty and steal the guns, half million a year, this results in the need to buy more guns to protect yourself.

Can you see where thats leading?

#31 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

tenaka2

Problem is that most crims are not stupid and rob houses that are empty and steal the guns, half million a year, this results in the need to buy more guns to protect yourself.

That has nothing to do with anything I've posted, but I agree that it's not a good thing for guns to e stolen
#32 Posted by tenaka2 (17029 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] I've not seen gun owners suggest that Americans face an unreasonable risk of home invasion, simply that they wish to be prepared for one.thegerg

That has nothing to do with anything I've posted, but I agree that it's not a good thing for guns to e stolen

Ill just end this convo with YEE HAW :)

#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150475 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

tenaka2

*may not be true.

I hope that's sarcasm because if not....
#34 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

In my country (India) citizens don'tve access to firearms legally, some do keep swords in name of religion ( example Sardar keeps kirpans). But if they use it publicly or for self defense they are breaking law. However many do keep firearms illegally specially in north india but they have to be very careful not using them.

I see US citizens easily gets permits/ license for weapons. I kinda envy them, wish i could own a personal weapon also lol.

EDIT: nifty shotgun mod btw :)

Thank you.
#35 Posted by thegerg (14915 posts) -

Firing a shotgun with no stock just sounds like a bad time.

Guybrush_3
It's fun, just not too practical.