I'm ditching online forums for a while. Maybe forever.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

*This area used to be filled with overly-dramatic stuff that I wish I hadn't mentioned at all, I deleted it all*

My lack of social interaction means that for the past three years, I have had to rely on internet forums to have any inkling of "friends". The internet is a cynical, hateful place. It's rubbing off on me, and I am becoming a cynical and hateful person myself. Internet forums are not helping my motivation. It's a detriment to mental wellbeing.

Any opinion or statement will be viciously picked apart and analyzed and criticized and hated on by forum users. Nothing is respected, nothing is decent, nothing is allowed to be proud. These places are pretty damn unhealthy.

But I am a wimp, and I handle negativity like a wimp. And forums are full of negativity.

Therefore, because of my own weakness, I am abandoning internet forums for a while. If my outlook on life genuinely improves, I likely will not return. This may be the last post I ever make, and I might just end up being proud, or at least content, with that someday.

And yes, I am aware of how pretentious I sound.

So, I bid you all farewell.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Okay.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

I'm almost sixteen

Chill the **** out

@Kevlar101 said:
But anyway, back to my point. My lack of social interaction means that for the past three years, I have had to rely on internet forums to have any inkling of "friends". The internet is a cynical, hateful place. It's rubbing off on me, and I am becoming a cynical and hateful person myself. Internet forums are not helping my motivation. It's a detriment. It's adding salt to the wounds.

Any opinion or statement will be viciously picked apart and analyzed and criticized and hated on by forum users. Nothing is respected, nothing is decent, nothing is allowed to be proud. These places are poison.

I fucking hate all of you. Every single one of you. I really, genuinely, hate every single goddamn one of you.

Therefore, I am abandoning internet forums for a while. If my life genuinely improves, I likely will not return. This may be the last post I ever make, and I might just end up being proud, or at least content, with that someday.

So, I bid you all farewell.

And toughen the **** up
You're right, the internet is a cynical and hateful place
So, adapt and survive or bitch out
Some of the best skills I have in relation to patience, how to argue and how to ignore those opinions that do not matter
I learned on this site
You got a lot of growing up to do and believing that somehow hating on the only people who sort of know who you are
Thinking that we are somehow the bane of your existence
Not a good start

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Sad to see you go, but if it's for the improvement of your quality of life I'm glad you are making this decision and I hope it works out for you so I wish you much success, especially since your unfriendly farewell message probably just burned the few bridges you had left in this place...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Look up the ted talk about loneliness and how it effects the mind and you might find a large portion of what you feel and how you act is because of loneliness. As it's proven being lonely actually decreases and worsens social skills.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Are you the guy that I while back told us that a family member recommended you took an Asperger test (honestly don't remember)? Did you take it?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Sorry to see you go but I do wish you on your success whatever you do and don't worry, I don't hold a grudge what you said, I'll be 30 this year and I'm too old for grudges. Don't worry Korvus, if there's one thing I learn about burning bridges is that they can be repaired. (Well in some cases)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@davillain-: I'm not worried, I'll still welcome him back, as will you and I'm sure some others, but a "**** you all" attitude is not the best way to leave a place, let alone if you're not sure you won't return.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

LLAP.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

I have no skills.

Few 15 year olds do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-598fc45371265

To be honest you remind me of bit of myself, minus the uhmm... misanthropy and stuff.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

MDK was back, Kevlar will be back. Have a good break Kevlar, see you around when you are back, you are a good user :)

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

Oh and you wouldn't by any chance be feeding the troll within with this thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Kevlar101: No worries friend, go in peace.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#16 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Farewell.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:
But I am a wimp, and I handle negativity like a wimp. And forums are full of negativity.

Therefore, because of my own weakness, I am abandoning internet forums for a while. If my outlook on life genuinely improves, I likely will not return. This may be the last post I ever make, and I might just end up being proud, or at least content, with that someday.

You better learn quick mate
The whole world is full of it
And the negativity you encounter on the internet will seem rather insignificant

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Also looks to me you're too young and not yet ready to handle cyberspace. But if you ask me this forum fortunately is one of the more tamer ones out there. Cyberspace can be cold and dark, don't get lost in the darkness.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@chaoscougar1 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

You better learn quick mate

The whole world is full of it

And the negativity you encounter on the internet will seem rather insignificant

To be fair, he's sort of got a good point. The world is full of negativity, but negativity DOES rub off on people, and we can often choose to simply stay away from it. To bring upo a parallel, look at the jails in the USA and the rate of recidivism. Sure, the whole world is full of negativity. but that doesn't mean that one shouldn't pick and choose their battles. If I think you're a badf influence, then I probably won't willfully have much exposure to you for fear of your negativity rubbing off on me. People actually DO develop the traits oand mindsets of people that they have a lot of exposure to. And if someone believes that the community that he's a part of is disproportionately negative and cynical, then it's really NOT that bad of an idea to distance fhimself from that if he has the option. If you think that the people around you are a bad influence, and if getting away from them isn't gonna disastrously uproot your life, then by all means get away from threm. There are people who I pretty much HAVE to just associate with. But when it comes to stuff like online acquaintances on internet forums? Why subject yourself to a poisonous community if you don't have to?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

lmao at the replies you guys are such cold douchbags

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GazaAli

Seriously though in case you kevlar is lurking around this topic after your rage quit, what negativity man? This place is one of the tamest and most mainstream forums available on the internet. If you think the place is currently hostile then boy would it have been something to see your rage quit had you been a member a few years ago or what. In fact the place is becoming way too timid and peaceable. Sometimes my teeth feel as if they're going to fall off from the overabundant sweetness and affection being displayed in a rather cringeworthy manner. I do miss the brutally frank but candid discussions we used to have. I also miss how users autonomously collaborated in maintaining certain standards in the forums. If a user demonstrated lack of knowledge or experience in a topic of discussion or simple unreasonability others would clear out the confusion and attempt to illuminate him and if he obstinately refused to listen to reason they'd call him out on his stupidity and abstain from engaging him any further until he either listened or the forums were weeded out of him. Now, its fucking anarchy and a gullible fest for the most part.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

*This area used to be filled with overly-dramatic stuff that I wish I hadn't mentioned at all, I deleted it all*

My lack of social interaction means that for the past three years, I have had to rely on internet forums to have any inkling of "friends". The internet is a cynical, hateful place. It's rubbing off on me, and I am becoming a cynical and hateful person myself. Internet forums are not helping my motivation. It's a detriment to mental wellbeing.

Very true. Dono if it's the anonymity and lack of any sense of real repercussions but this seems to be the case.

Goodbye.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kevlar101

Goddamn, what have I done?

I'm gonna be honest with you all.... I have absolutely no (zero, zip, nada) idea as to why in the hell I posted this topic here. Really, I don't. I actually posted this on IGN's 'The Vestibule' originally, and then I decided to be a dipshit and, in my moment of stupidity and utter foolishness, I thought "hmmm, i'ma gunna poast dat hear 2, hurr durr", and so I did. Even now, I don't know why. Like GazaAli said, GameSpot is almost so friendly that it can be cringe-worthy sometimes, and that's awesome. I've always thought that. I still do. And so I am sitting here trying to figure out what in the name of all that is holy compelled me to copy-and-paste the OP from a twin-topic on IGN, onto here.....because I certainly have no idea.

Maybe I have anger issues and just lost all sense of rationality? I don't know. What I do know is that the contents of the OP are not really meant for you all. It's meant for IGN's forums....because that place is a cesspool. This place is not.

See, I'm trying to find a way to adequately explain to all of you just how senseless it was of me to post all that here. I'm trying to make it very clear that I truly have no idea why I did it, and that it doesn't even make sense to me. Once it hit me that I had absolutely no reason to post that here, I was nearly rendered speechless from my own stupidity.

Hell, I made this topic with IGN in mind. GameSpot was as far from my focus as possible until the last second. I guess I should shut up about it now, but I hope you get my point.

End point: I'm a dumb, pretentious jackass who decided to be way over-dramatic on an internet forum. I'm the guy that I make fun of on other occasions. There isn't an excuse for it, and I'm not trying to make one.

And no, I don't hate these forums or any of you within it. I also am aware that I'm probably taking this all too seriously, and am likely just making a fool of myself even further by typing all of this. But hey, I'd rather apologize and look like a silly fool, rather than not apologize and look like an asshole. It's better this way, regardless of whether or not I'm taking it too seriously.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By indzman

@GazaAli said:

Seriously though in case you kevlar is lurking around this topic after your rage quit, what negativity man? This place is one of the tamest and most mainstream forums available on the internet. If you think the place is currently hostile then boy would it have been something to see your rage quit had you been a member a few years ago or what. In fact the place is becoming way too timid and peaceable. Sometimes my teeth feel as if they're going to fall off from the overabundant sweetness and affection being displayed in a rather cringeworthy manner. I do miss the brutally frank but candid discussions we used to have. I also miss how users autonomously collaborated in maintaining certain standards in the forums. If a user demonstrated lack of knowledge or experience in a topic of discussion or simple unreasonability others would clear out the confusion and attempt to illuminate him and if he obstinately refused to listen to reason they'd call him out on his stupidity and abstain from engaging him any further until he either listened or the forums were weeded out of him. Now, its fucking anarchy and a gullible fest for the most part.

I remember how you used to get insulted during 2011-2013 era for religion preferences ( SaudiFury was another guy who left after not able to take anymore if i remember ), . If it was in past glory, you woudn't enjoy any of the privileges you enjoy now lol. You should be thankful people on OT are very peaceful nowadays and respect you lol.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GazaAli

well that was fast

angst teenagers these days

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GazaAli

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

I remember how you used to get insulted during 2011-2013 era for religion preferences ( SaudiFury was another guy who left after not able to take anymore if i remember ), . If it was in past glory, you woudn't enjoy any of the privileges you enjoy now lol. You should be thankful people on OT are very peaceful nowadays and respect you lol.

In fact it was before that around the 2008-2010 era that I used to get overly passionate about the topic but never insulted except occasionally maybe. Most importantly however, its not like OT is more tolerant towards Islam and Muslims these days; in fact its more disrespectful and derisive its just no longer clever at it but does it half-wittedly instead. What's more is that it doesn't serve a purpose anymore other than plain disrespect and derision. At least it used to take the shape of [heated] discussions. So no I didn't especially gain anything from the transformation of OT into an overly peaceable and timid place. If it was up to me I'd bring the old OT in a heartbeat and I wouldn't shed any tears over the loss of this alleged respect. I'm actually thankful for a number of old users for a variety of reasons. Also, privileges? lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Kevlar101: It's all good. Send me a PM if you need to vent =)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 indzman

@GazaAli said:

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

In fact it was before that around the 2008-2010 era that I used to get overly passionate about the topic but never insulted except occasionally maybe. Most importantly however, its not like OT is more tolerant towards Islam and Muslims these days; in fact its more disrespectful and derisive its just no longer clever at it but does it half-wittedly instead. So no I didn't especially gain anything from the transformation of OT into an overly peaceable and timid place. If it was up to me I'd bring the old OT in a heartbeat and I wouldn't shed any tears over the loss of this alleged respect. I'm actually thankful for a number of old users for a variety of reasons. Also, privileges? lol

You know it all from what used to happen in past and present. Don't think old OT was a cakewalk for you or me or anyone for that matter when it came down to religion or some comments we made. Present OT is atleast not racist or to the extent tolerant which is a good point. I also miss some old users very much who were dear to us, but i'm very happy the way present OT is. Lots of awesome newcomers and old timers like us, freindly and are very much fun to talk to.

Really dunno what you looking for in past lol. Trust me, its best to enjoy present :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup

@GazaAli said:

Not trying to be a Grammar Nazi; my own spelling is undeniably poor. But: I think it might be a good idea to separate paragraphs.I've read a couple of your large posts and they tend to always be confined to one huge paragraph with multiple tangents.

Generally, you want a subject per a paragraph and usually a lead on at the end, continuing on to the next linked idea.

It makes it easier to read as well, reading it in your head is almost like one massive long sentence.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GazaAli

@uninspiredcup said:

@GazaAli said:

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi; my own spelling is undeniably poor. But: I think it might be a good idea to separate paragraphs, i'v read a couple of your large posts and they tend to always be confined to one huge paragraph with multiple tangents.

Generally you want a subject per a paragraph and usually a lead on at the end, continuing on to the next linked idea.

The above post is 200 words and if I remember correctly that's within the acceptable length of a single paragraph. But I reckon my punctuation skills and style need some refinement so duly noted and thanks for the feedback.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup

I'm pretty sure (as long as you have only one subject) a paragraph can be any length. Everyone does it though, including myself; we space out paragraphs but don't actually identify the topic sentence sitting with multiple ones, or none.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GazaAli

@uninspiredcup said:

I'm pretty sure (as long as you have only one subject) a paragraph can be any length. Everyone does it though, including myself; we space out paragraphs but don't actually identify the topic sentence sitting with multiple ones, or none.

Be that as it may, I do not deny that I need to get some polishing done on my language. I think I postponed that long enough.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 indzman

Gaza are you doing masters in english? Why stay in gaza, go abroad my freind, a man as you with such awesome vocabulary skill needs more exposure , say in public relations or teaching :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

No offense but idc. 10 yrs ago this thread would've been closed.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Chill out Kevlar. It's just an online forum.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

If your gonna leave just stop posting, it's only an online forum.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GazaAli

@indzman said:

Gaza are you doing masters in english? Why stay in gaza, go abroad my freind, a man as you with such awesome vocabulary skill needs more exposure , say in public relations or teaching :)

No not really, just like to be able to write proper English. Also easier said than done I'm afraid. Besides I doubt I'd be much welcomed at this point for an amalgam of reasons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@GazaAli: Well, if you ever do decide to move to an English speaking country, go with the absolute confidence that your English is more than good enough. As I have mentioned before, sometimes you come across as a bit conceited when you write those overly verbose posts (not sure if your spoken English is the same) but you'll just have to show people you're one of the good guys and I'm sure they'll accept you without a problem =)

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kevlar101

@thehig1 said:

If your gonna leave just stop posting, it's only an online forum.

@johnd13 said:

Chill out Kevlar. It's just an online forum.

I have acknowledged this. I am aware of it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

I have acknowledged this. I am aware of it.

This doesn't mean I won't care if you leave. You're one of the good users around, we joined around the same year. :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 indzman

@korvus said:

@GazaAli: Well, if you ever do decide to move to an English speaking country, go with the absolute confidence that your English is more than good enough. As I have mentioned before, sometimes you come across as a bit conceited when you write those overly verbose posts (not sure if your spoken English is the same) but you'll just have to show people you're one of the good guys and I'm sure they'll accept you without a problem =)

I agree completely with Korvus post.

Or gaza you can try to teach english at nurseries in your area for starters.Then move upwards to higher category of teaching as in Schools, colleges,Universities. Not sure if teaching is your favourite way of working, but if you care about it this is the best and safest route you should take. I'm sure certified teachers nowadays gets paid very well too regardless of ones country :)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Ehh... so you're 15? Don't worry so much about things dude

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Kevlar101: smashing

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Such drama and not just from the TC.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#46 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

'The internet is a cynical, hateful place'

It seems you just described a good deal of the offline world as well.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

stay where you are. 16 yo isn't mature enough to make such decision. do your parents know you're leaving the forums?

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#48 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Such drama and not just from the TC.

the melodrama is the color to an otherwise black and white picture

enjoy it! it's salty

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

It's probably for the best to simply just close this thread and move on.