I'm a terrible person.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

I made a really, really bad taste joke at my school and now everybody hates me and wants to beat me up. I didn't tell everybody the joke. I only told abut 3 people and felt bad after telling them. Then it spread around school and a lot of people want me dead. I'm really nervous about going to school on Monday and I think I'm going to get bullied for the rest of my time at school. Help?

#2 Posted by hydralisk86 (8536 posts) -

I made a really, really bad taste joke at my school and now everybody hates me and wants to beat me up. I didn't tell everybody the joke. I only told abut 3 people and felt bad after telling them. Then it spread around school and a lot of people want me dead. I'm really nervous about going to school on Monday and I think I'm going to get bullied for the rest of my time at school. Help?

If people give you trouble, just tell the principal, and if it gets real bad, tell the police. Was the joke racist?

#3 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

What's the joke? Is it funny? I'm sure you'll be fine. Kids are dumb, they'll forget.

#4 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

No, it was about recent events. Someone passed away.

#5 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

No the joke was in really bad taste. It tastes like shit.

#6 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

an apology can go a long way. write one over the weekend and practice speaking it and offer some kind of support for the family. if people don't accept you sincerity, there's not much you can do.

#7 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

How do you know what shit tastes like?

#8 Posted by deeliman (2422 posts) -

No, it was about recent events. Someone passed away.

Ouch, that's not ever the right moment to make a joke. Just apologize to the people whom you told the joke to, and if you're still worried about getting beat up talk with the principal/counselor about it.

#9 Edited by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

@cain006 said:
@ExtremeBanana said:

How do you know what shit tastes like?

i imagine he has a sense of smell.

#10 Posted by drekula2 (1928 posts) -

was it a 9/11 joke or a dead-babies-are-delicious kind of joke?

#11 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

I've already made an apology. I feel so bad about the joke. I was called out of a lesson when the teachers caught hold of the 'rumor'. I made a deal with a 'high ranking' teacher and we're treating it like it never happened. I talked her out of telling my parents unless she thinks I'm in danger. The 'popular kids' want me dead. I've just been told to say that it never happened if somebody asks. I also feel back-stabbed. One of my best friends sold me out. Or someone eavesdropped. I have so many emotions. The stress is so bad I had to listen to Weightless by Marconi Union to calm down. Please, forgive my rambling.

#12 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -
#13 Edited by Pitbulllova (758 posts) -

@ExtremeBanana: it will all be okay bro, your in highschool, people make mistakes. need someone to talk to? im here (future counsellor)

#14 Posted by Brain_Duster (403 posts) -

Tell us the joke!

#15 Posted by supa_badman (16627 posts) -

You will get over it

nothing is more petty and has pedantic consequences quite like high school

#16 Edited by sukraj (22589 posts) -

#eveybody makes jokes im sure youll be fine

#17 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5326 posts) -

Don't worry, I'd give it a week before someone creates a bigger drama for people to get offended over.

#18 Posted by picklesurprise (178 posts) -

tell the joke

#19 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Now I'm curious about the joke. PM the joke TC, please

#20 Edited by DanishSnow (88 posts) -

@ExtremeBanana: One thing that is good to do is to forgive yourself for what you have done. Take some time to relax and not let your emotions get in the way.

#21 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

We all make mistakes. The best thing you can do is man up and apologize. If the don't accept your apology, there isn't much you can do. If they start to threaten you either talk to the principal or in extreme cases, call the police.

Hopefully you'll learn from this.

#22 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

PM this joke, i am curious.

But definitely in confidence tell your parents and headmaster. Kids these are mad and beat ppl up over the silliest of things

#24 Edited by playmynutz (5982 posts) -

Just bring a gun to school on Monday and you'll be fine.

NSA alert watch this guy! :P

#25 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9650 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Just bring a gun to school on Monday and you'll be fine.

NSA alert watch this guy! :P

#26 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

So, I'll be fine right? I'm pretty worried.

#27 Edited by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

That isn't a question, that is a statement.

#28 Posted by Bane_09 (3394 posts) -

So, I'll be fine right? I'm pretty worried.

No you are fvcked

#29 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

I thought so.

#30 Posted by kraken2109 (13029 posts) -

It's school, in a week something else petty will have happened and everyone will have forgotten.

#31 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

if that's the only problem you have in life then you're in great shape

#32 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

@mrintro: It is the only problem in life at the moment! Thanks.

#33 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Well tomorrow you go back to school. You ready for that ass whippin?

#34 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

Think before you speak.

#35 Edited by lamprey263 (23507 posts) -

Well, it's hard to give some proper perspective without some insight of the bad joke; but probably better not to tell it if you're regretful too. But can you say on what sensibilities it was offensive? Was it a homophobic, racist, or sexist joke? Or was it aimed at anybody in particular?

#36 Edited by 2saugat (1439 posts) -

Don't worry, it's high school your actions there don't have much repercussions. Now if it was in a work place or even college then it would be a different story.

#37 Edited by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -
#38 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

But I got through the day just fine.