I just saw 28 weeks later

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for verparanoidpers
verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 verparanoidpers
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts

I thought it was okay

for those of you who have also seen 28 weeks later, what was your opinion?

Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Sora529
Member since 2006 • 3755 Posts
I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?
verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 verparanoidpers
I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?Sora529
a junkie? im not sure, but there actually was a lot more action than horror
jngbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jngbb
Member since 2004 • 1593 Posts

Good, but not as much as the first.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I liked 28 Weeks, at lot, but the first one was better.
jrnhanie0310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jrnhanie0310
Member since 2006 • 15177 Posts
i thought it was a good movie..
tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

28 weeks later was a breath of fresh air in the pile of crap horror films that have been coming out.. 28 days and 28 weeks were both awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Weeks was better than days in my opinion
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Was anyone else annoyed when
[spoiler] The American guy helping them died? and how the chick died [/spoiler]
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Weeks was ok. I still prefer Days. I pray to god there isn't a 28 Months Later, though...
verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 verparanoidpers
Whicker89
yeah
salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
Weeks was ok. I still prefer Days. I pray to god there isn't a 28 Months Later, though... JustPlainLucas
There actually will be... but why dont you want the third? This is the first movie where I look forward to sequels. I do agree that "months" is sort of pushing it but I am looking forward to it.
kazuya246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 kazuya246
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
I didnt like days but i didnt watch weeks. Who here liked dog soldiers ? 28 days makes me think of dog soldiers, maybe cuz it was english . The Climax was excellent for dog soldiers. The only zombie movie i ever liked was Dawn of the dead
Poodlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Poodlehead
Member since 2003 • 151 Posts

I thought it was an awesome movie, even better than the first.

I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?Sora529

I'm not so sure you'd like it. There was a lot of action but most of it is still just tense horror movie moments. There's some pretty gruesome stuff too that might not be fun to watch if you're not into that kinda thing.

And as for that spoiler question - I'd reply to that but I don't know how to post it so it only shows up when you click *spoiler*

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 salty5674
[QUOTE="Whicker89"]Was anyone else annoyed when
verparanoidpers
yeah

[spoiler] I thought it was kinda cool how the soldier didnt die from an infectedand the way they showed the woman dieing [/spoiler]
verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 verparanoidpers

[QUOTE="Sora529"]I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?Poodlehead

I'm not so sure you'd like it. There was a lot of action but most of it is still just tense horror movie moments. There's some pretty gruesome stuff too that might not be fun to watch if you're not into that kinda thing.

And as for that spoiler question - I'd reply to that but I don't know how to post it so it only shows up when you click *spoiler*

[spoiler] like this? [/spoiler]
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts

[QUOTE="Sora529"]I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?Poodlehead

You go [*spoiler] Your message [/spoiler*] without the stars

Poodlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Poodlehead

Haha yes. Just like that. How do you do it? =P

Edit: Cool, thanks dude.

verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 verparanoidpers
Haha yes. Just like that. How do you do it? =PPoodlehead
type [spoiler] insert message here [/spoiler]
salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 salty5674

I just learned right now, type [-s-p-o-i-l-e-r-] and at the end type [-/-s-p-o-i-l-e-r-] but remove all the "-" dashes

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#21 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Weeks was ok. I still prefer Days. I pray to god there isn't a 28 Months Later, though... salty5674
There actually will be... but why dont you want the third? This is the first movie where I look forward to sequels. I do agree that "months" is sort of pushing it but I am looking forward to it.

Asa rule, the third installment is always a real let down, and since I wasn't that excited about Weeks, I doubt I'll be interested in Months, unless it's one of those rare exceptions.

Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sora529

Don't worry, gruesome violence doesn't phase me. When you've actually seen people get shot, or your dog gutted in the middle of the street by some crazy guy, or your best friend hit by a car and having a compound arm fracture (bone sticking out of his skin) movie gore doesn't have the same effect.

I'll check it out with Blockbuster Online. Its not like I pay per movie, so its all good if I hate it.

Poodlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Poodlehead
[spoiler] I thought it was cool how they killed him off. I used to get pissed off at movies when they killed main characters, but nowadays I see so many movies that follow the same cookie cutter plot lines that it's refreshing when they switch it up. It sounds twisted, but I enjoy movies where there's an unhappy ending or when a main character gets pwned. [/spoiler]
salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 salty5674
[QUOTE="Poodlehead"]

[QUOTE="Sora529"]I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?Sora529

Don't worry, gruesome violence doesn't phase me. When you've actually seen people get shot, or your dog gutted in the middle of the street by some crazy guy, or your best friend hit by a car and having a compound arm fracture (bone sticking out of his skin) movie gore doesn't have the same effect.

I'll check it out with Blockbuster Online. Its not like I pay per movie, so its all good if I hate it.

thats some pretty messed up stuff, what else have you seen?

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 salty5674

[QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Weeks was ok. I still prefer Days. I pray to god there isn't a 28 Months Later, though... JustPlainLucas

Asa rule, the third installment is always a real let down, and since I wasn't that excited about Weeks, I doubt I'll be interested in Months, unless it's one of those rare exceptions.

what would you consider one of those rare exceptions?

Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sora529
[QUOTE="Sora529"][QUOTE="Poodlehead"]

[QUOTE="Sora529"]I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?salty5674

More than a 17 (18 tomorrow) year old guy should have.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
28 weeks later was pretty good. Even though it had a HUGE plothole I noticed, the characters were not very interesting and the kids were annoying. 28 days later is a much better movie.
salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 salty5674
[QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="Sora529"][QUOTE="Poodlehead"]

[QUOTE="Sora529"]I've actually got a question. I've never seen either of the "28" movies, and I'm not a huge fan of horror either. Was 28 Days Later good enough to warrant an action junkie watching it?Sora529

that sucks, happy early birthday though

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
[spoiler] it was kind of annoying when it ended... when a group of infected run through a subway tunnel and come out at the Eiffel Tower [/spoiler]
A3trix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 A3trix
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
I saw 28 Weeks and thought it was a decent rent... but i still need to see 28 Days!!!
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

***SPOILER***I thought it was great but the end disturbed me. The movie was great though especially with the downfall of man. Everything was just done.

How to do that spolier thing?

scary_snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scary_snake
Member since 2006 • 4546 Posts
i loved 28 weeks later but not as much as days though
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
terrible movie imo
verparanoidpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 verparanoidpers

I saw 28 Weeks and thought it was a decent rent... but i still need to see 28 Days!!!A3trix
you dont actually need to see 28 days later to understand the plot of 28 weeks later

BTW, 28 days later was pretty cool

peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 peppersfan2
Member since 2007 • 1064 Posts
[QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="Sora529"][QUOTE="Poodlehead"]

Happy Birthday. And sorry to hear that.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

the "28" series is more action/thriller than horror, theres a fair bit of actiion threw out the whole movie

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts

Weeks was ok. I still prefer Days. I pray to god there isn't a 28 Months Later, though... JustPlainLucas

I've heard its being made.

Ritard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Ritard
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
Whicker89

When it happenned, I was just like "(character) was beat down by random zombie guy." I don't even play halo much. Oh well lol.
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
I enjoyed the movie alot.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

For 28 Days, as long as you can enjoy a movie with political overtones and that has more of an emphasis on characters than actors than you'll like it.

For 28 Weeks, if you want a movie with alot of action this is one to see. It has much more action than Days and you don't have to see Days before you see this one as the stories aren't directly linked.

I personally love both movies and I think that Weeks has quite possibly the greatest opening to a movie ever. The movie just comes out swinging!

Avatar image for -_-CLF-_-Flakey
-_-CLF-_-Flakey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -_-CLF-_-Flakey
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts

[spoiler] am i right? [spoiler]

guess not lol

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I thought it was okay

for those of you who have also seen 28 weeks later, what was your opinion?

verparanoidpers

Liked it quite a bit. The opening sequence was FRICKIN AWESOME. Same wth the return of the Rage. Things sort of got a little bit more boring oince the people made their first escape.

Helicopter massacre scene=awesome.

Night vision zombie attack scene=awesome.

End of movie scene=awesome.

Putzwapputzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 Putzwapputzen
Member since 2005 • 4462 Posts
was it good? i wonder if i should see it :|
brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 brandon2802
Member since 2004 • 1773 Posts

I liked Days a lot more, thought Weeks kinda ruined it. But Months is being made with the director from 28 Days Later, so it should be better. Now I'll try the spoiler thing.

[spoiler] What was up with the father zombie thing, he just knew were they where and why didn't he charge them like everyother rage guy?[spoiler]

Devil_Huntress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Devil_Huntress
Member since 2004 • 24464 Posts
I saw it and liked it.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Im one of the few people that enjoyed 'Weeks' more than 'Days'. Theyre both brilliant films.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Im one of the few people that enjoyed 'Weeks' more than 'Days'. Theyre both brilliant films.Taegukki

Yup, Weeks had more of those "holy **** didn't expect that!" moments.

Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

28 weeks later was a breath of fresh air in the pile of crap horror films that have been coming out.. 28 days and 28 weeks were both awesome

tccavey2

I 100% agree.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#50 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
i've never seen that movie. im not really into those types of movies. idk why, they just dont interest me