I Have Bad Forum Karma

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

Everywhere I go to find new forums, I either get banned, suspended, bored, or annoyed of the sites I am using. I went back to IGN after a dispute with @Randolph that may get me moderated for discussing it, and then I got banned for spam. For spam! The first day I go back it's okay, but then the second day: banned for spam! They are even worse than GS! What were they thinking? Was it because I made a reference to GS on IGN? Can't have the guts to have your rival mentioned IGN? Then I went to Super-Cheats; great site but the forums are so empty and many users do not reply! Same with GameFAQS, but then their policies were even more strict than GS (3 posts an hour, are you kidding me?) Then I went to Giant Bomb and thought it would be my final forum home, but no, instead of the moderators being trolls - you got it, the users are trolls! Yeah, just cause alot of my theories and debates about religion and science are too complex, you guys flag me and have the moderators suspend me! Sigh! Guess I'll just have to leave forums then! And I though @Randolph was a troll, the GiantBomb users are even worse, they make him look like a humanitarian!

*Edit: Please tell me why I have bad forum karma and give suggestions to any good forum sites! I forgive you @Randolph but only cause I have far greater trolls to deal with, including the NSA! Hey are you still a moderator? Or you a user now?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Your personality is innately in contrary to those of the majority. I have that problem; I've been banned from GameTrailers over one hundred times and had over one hundred infractions (most of which were warnings) on my GameSpot account prior to the update. Heck, I've even been banned from here once. You can't help it, Gordan; you're an unintentional rebel.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Why don't you stop being a troll?

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GordanChoong

@BluRayHiDef said:

Your personality is innately in contrary to those of the majority. I have that problem; I've been banned from GameTrailers over one hundred times and had over one hundred infractions (most of which were warnings) on my GameSpot account prior to the update. Heck, I've even been banned from here once. You can't help it, Gordan, you're an unintentional rebel.

I got a recommendation from another user to go on Game-Trailers. Are they a good site? And what do you mean by an unintentional rebel? And why did you get many infractions, warnings, and bans from GameSpot and GameTrailers?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

Everywhere I go to find new forums, I either get banned, suspended, bored, or annoyed of the sites I am using. I went back to IGN after a dispute with @Randolph that may get me moderated for discussing it, and then I got banned for spam. For spam! The first day I go back it's okay, but then the second day: banned for spam! They are even worse than GS! What were they thinking? Was it because I made a reference to GS on IGN? Can't have the guts to have your rival mentioned IGN? Then I went to Super-Cheats; great site but the forums are so empty and many users do not reply! Same with GameFAQS, but then their policies were even more strict than GS (3 posts an hour, are you kidding me?) Then I went to Giant Bomb and thought it would be my final forum home, but no, instead of the moderators being trolls - you got it, the users are trolls! Yeah, just cause alot of my theories and debates about religion and science are too complex, you guys flag me and have the moderators suspend me! Sigh! Guess I'll just have to leave forums then! And I though @Randolph was a troll, the GiantBomb users are even worse, they make him look like a humanitarian!

*Edit: Please tell me why I have bad forum karma and give suggestions to any good forum sites! I forgive you @Randolph but only cause I have far greater trolls to deal with, including the NSA! Hey are you still a moderator? Or you a user now?

@BluRayHiDef said:

Your personality is innately in contrary to those of the majority. I have that problem; I've been banned from GameTrailers over one hundred times and had over one hundred infractions (most of which were warnings) on my GameSpot account prior to the update. Heck, I've even been banned from here once. You can't help it, Gordan; you're an unintentional rebel.

LOL You two makes this place worth visiting.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GordanChoong

@airshocker: No it's just that I always get into trouble even if I don't troll. Like on GiantBomb, I posted a thread stated how wrong theists and atheists were, and then I got in trouble. The hell? Or on IGN where I was considered a spammer for making a reference to GameSpot.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GordanChoong

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@gordanchoong said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

LOL You two makes this place worth visiting.

Wow really? If only there existed a forum site where you can have alot of freedom! Then that would be great for unintentional rebels like me and @BluRayHiDef !

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Your personality is innately in contrary to those of the majority. I have that problem; I've been banned from GameTrailers over one hundred times and had over one hundred infractions (most of which were warnings) on my GameSpot account prior to the update. Heck, I've even been banned from here once. You can't help it, Gordan, you're an unintentional rebel.

I got a recommendation from another user to go on Game-Trailers. Are they a good site? And what do you mean by an unintentional rebel? And why did you get many infractions, warnings, and bans from GameSpot and GameTrailers?

GameTrailers was a good site, before it was redesigned - very similar to how this site was better before it was redesigned. Now, much like GameSpot, GameTrailers has significantly less active users than it did in the past and its current layout isn't as good as its old one. As for you being an unintentional rebel, I was referring to your unintentional infractions on various websites.

As for how I got so many infractions, I have a tendency to hold view points and make jokes that offend people.

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

It is okay, I have been banned 3 times from forums overall. Two of them lasted for 1 month, and the other was permanent ( gamefaqs moderators abusing their power, as always).

I don't think many people who get into arguments online haven't been banned at least once.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GordanChoong

@Praisedasun said:

It is okay, I have been banned 3 times from forums overall. Two of them lasted for 1 month, and the other was permanent ( gamefaqs moderators abusing their power, as always).

I don't think many people who get into arguments online haven't been banned at least once.

Then should I just leave and do the following options:

a) Create my own forum website with alot of freedom?

b) Start a blog on wordpress and have you guys come and comment on it?

c) Leave forums for good and never discuss about games again?

d) Go to another forum website?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

@airshocker: No it's just that I always get into trouble even if I don't troll. Like on GiantBomb, I posted a thread stated how wrong theists and atheists were, and then I got in trouble. The hell? Or on IGN where I was considered a spammer for making a reference to GameSpot.

You should make that thread here on Gamespot.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GordanChoong

@Master_Live said:

@gordanchoong said:

So your saying that I won't get in shit?

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

@Praisedasun said:

Just sit here until you are banned again or until you are bored. There are countless gaming websites, you might find your sun someday.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GordanChoong

@Praisedasun: Thanks for the suggestion but just to tell you that I currently have a 2 week suspension from GiantBomb.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Master_Live

@gordanchoong said:

@Master_Live said:

@gordanchoong said:

I don't think so, GS is fairly permissive.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GordanChoong

@Master_Live said:

@gordanchoong said:

@Master_Live said:

@gordanchoong said:

What if the people aren't so permissive like those on GiantBomb?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Master_Live

@gordanchoong said:

@Master_Live said:

@gordanchoong said:

@Master_Live said:

@gordanchoong said:

What if the people aren't so permissive like those on GiantBomb?

They are, where is the unintentional rebel in you comrade? Lets go!

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I still don't understand why you're getting banned. They can't just ban you because they don't like you...can they?

I've been on forums that have had some pretty heated talks and that's perfectly acceptable, as long as you refrain from racial slurs, name-calling, etc. I don't understand why a site would ban you for bringing up a controversial topic.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GordanChoong

@jasean79 said:

I still don't understand why you're getting banned. They can't just ban you because they don't like you...can they?

I've been on forums that have had some pretty heated talks and that's perfectly acceptable, as long as you refrain from racial slurs, name-calling, etc. I don't understand why a site would ban you for bringing up a controversial topic.

Nah, it was cause many people kept complaining about me to troll me. And in order to feed those trolls and make them happy, the moderators locked my thread and banned me.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@gordanchoong:

Well then that defies the whole point of an "open forum". If the mods are going to take the majority vote without any substantial concrete evidence to support their claims that you're in violation of their terms, then that's pretty messed up and really not the kind of site I would want to be a part of.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@gordanchoong: Dude, there's a saying you should hear. If you wake up and you run into an asshole, that guy's an asshole. If you wake up and all you run into are assholes, you're the asshole.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GordanChoong

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@gordanchoong: Dude, there's a saying you should hear. If you wake up and you run into an asshole, that guy's an asshole. If you wake up and all you run into are assholes, you're the asshole.

Just came back from GiantBomb after chatting through PM even though I'm suspended. But anyways, the hell does this have to do with anything I wrote.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
@gordanchoong said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Just came back from GiantBomb after chatting through PM even though I'm suspended. But anyways, the hell does this have to do with anything I wrote.

You've been playing the victim card, the "why is everything so hard for me?" I recommend looking up the word "metaphor," and hopefully you'll be able to see how that saying applies to your attitude regarding this website.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GordanChoong

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@gordanchoong said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

You've been playing the victim card, the "why is everything so hard for me?" I recommend looking up the word "metaphor," and hopefully you'll be able to see how that saying applies to your attitude regarding this website.

Oh you were speaking metaphorically. Thought you were saying it literally or sarcastically. Can't tell what somebody means something when they say it through forums, only through actual written text.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: Standards dude....get some.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GordanChoong

@LJS9502_basic said:

@speedfreak48t5p: Standards dude....get some.

funny how threads I want to get views don't get any; threads that are really controversial that I don't want any views, they get tons of views! :(

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Why doesn't anyone seem interested in NeoGAF?

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GordanChoong

@alim298 said:

Why doesn't anyone seem interested in NeoGAF?

The hell does this have to do with this thread?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@gordanchoong: You asked for better forums...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@gordanchoong said:

If your looking for forums with a lot of freedom I would suggest reddit and 4chan. From what I understand, those two sites don't have mods to bring you down.

D) The Escapist forums are extremely active, so try that.

Hope this helps!

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GordanChoong

@alim298 said:

@gordanchoong: You asked for better forums...

I think I'll just stick to GameSpot and GiantBomb and alternate between the two.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@gordanchoong said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@gordanchoong said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Oh you were speaking metaphorically. Thought you were saying it literally or sarcastically. Can't tell what somebody means something when they say it through forums, only through actual written text.

:applause:

Well, you are clearly smart enough to know that figurative language does not work on the internet, so I don't know what your problem is.

People must just not like you for some reason.......or you only feign competence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Learn to dance like a british fancy pants

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Sniper4321, BRHD, Gordon Choong all were former game trailer users ? I see a pattern ... lol ...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#36  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@Praisedasun: Lol I have also been perma banned from Gamefaqs. It's still in effect as far as I know.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@gordanchoong: I had a run in with a moderator on here who told me my topic was stupid and that I'm basing MY opinions on....... That was after I had told him that i had got the topic from national geographic website and that I was basically bringing the subject to the forum and any OPINIONS I made was quoted from the website, I didn't post any personal opinions. I even showed him a link to the site as proof, for some reason he wouldn't acknowledge his mistake and kept arguing with me till he finally got the rise out of me that he was after. I should have kept my cool but was so annoying, it wasn't till after that I found out he was a moderator, I won't name names as I don't want to get in more trouble I do like this site. It's not good that this moderator can go around starting fights. Then punish people when they get annoyed.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

To the TC: If you got a problem with any of the mods, you're more than welcome to contact the community managers and let them know. Making a thread to call users out--be it a regular poster or moderator--isn't helping your case any, and will only result in a closed thread.