I don't have energy to play more than 2 hours

#1 Edited by MDK12345 (1696 posts) -

I go to school, and also have other hobbies like sports. I love gaming, but am finding I can't play a game more than 2 hours straight on the weekends. My brain feels tired & I need to relax. I need to beat all my games before PS4. Any advice?

#2 Posted by GazaAli (23515 posts) -

The tragedy

#3 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

Sell all your games , consoles. Look for a new Hobby.

#4 Posted by Behardy24 (4757 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I go to school, and also have other hobbies like sports. I love gaming, but am finding I can't play a game more than 2 hours straight on the weekends. My brain feels tired & I need to relax. I need to beat all my games before PS4. Any advice?

It sounds like your going through a phase of "I don't feel like playing video games" which a lot of people go through if they play games on daily/weekly basic. It could take weeks/months to get out of the phase, but you do eventually find yourself playing games again. I say wait it out and see what happens in a month or two. If your still find games interesting but still don't feel like playing, keep waiting.

Hope this helps.

#6 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36901 posts) -

Cocaine

#7 Edited by MDK12345 (1696 posts) -

Well it's not I don't want to play. It's all I been thinking about. I'm saying my brain gets tired, especially after I struggle to advance in a game. It's not that I'm not motivated or don't want to play or am not interested. That's not what I meant. I meant my brain starts hurting, similar to getting fatigued when working out. Also when playing Uncharted, I get a lot of bad dreams. Love the game but couldn't play today it cuz my dreams were too intense. I'm very anxious though because I don't have next gen yet. I haven't beat enough games from last gen to play next gen. Keep in mind I just got a PS3 months ago from my dad. It's very exciting. But I feel bad that people are ahead of me. I like these games. I can't get next gen & just abandon my library. But I also want next gen too. I don't know what to do. The fact is I have so many games I got in the last several months, I will NEVER be able to be fully caught up with the industry. Even if I was caught up, I wouldn't be able to beat all the games that are out NOW, especially all at once.

#8 Posted by gamerguru100 (10799 posts) -

Monster

#9 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1750 posts) -

Adderall; you'll play for hours with intense focus and be the best you can ever be.

#10 Edited by Dogswithguns (10838 posts) -

Me too, tired from work.. wanna stay up play games or just watch Netflix, fell to sleep everytime. right now I feel good but gotta go to work pretty soon here.

#11 Edited by hippiesanta (9946 posts) -

@mdk12345:

Coffee ....

then shout "pssy" very loud

#12 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14072 posts) -

I get into that phase a lot and just don't touch any games for days and only play about 5 hours a week. Eventually I get back into the momentum of gaming when life is less stressful and go back to long hours of gaming.

#13 Posted by sukraj (23441 posts) -

I play 2 hours max at the weekend I can't play longer than that.

#14 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16959 posts) -

I always have energy for gaming, I just need to find the right genre for the mood I am in..

#15 Edited by thehig1 (2810 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@mdk12345 said:

It sounds like your going through a phase of "I don't feel like playing video games" which a lot of people go through if they play games on daily/weekly basic. It could take weeks/months to get out of the phase, but you do eventually find yourself playing games again. I say wait it out and see what happens in a month or two. If your still find games interesting but still don't feel like playing, keep waiting.

Hope this helps.

I had this stage, it last about 3 years during the start of the 360/Ps3 era, id rarely game. However in recent years its come back with vengeance and I can game for way over 2 hours on my days off if a game holds me.