I did the impossible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

I finally passed my driving test. I'm 24 and finally got it.

I mainly got it from the inspiration I got from after my friend died. He drove without a license and I finally got the courage to do so after his death. He wasnt letting life get him down just because he did not have a driving license. It wasnt easy, my truck had power wheel steering issues and I thought I made too much mistakes, so I thought I would have failed the test today. But I passed.

People are inviting me over to visit. I can drive to whoever's house now and stay as long as I want. Feels like I have freedom now.

Anyone else a late bloomer when it comes to driving?

Whats your struggle?

#2 Posted by konvikt_17 (22102 posts) -

The impossible?

shit was easy

#3 Posted by lamprey263 (22440 posts) -

I passed when I was 16.

#4 Edited by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

I grew up in a rural area. If you didn't have a licence at 16, you stayed home on weekends.

My struggle was, like lots of nerds, losing my virginity.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69044 posts) -

Good for you, down let things put you down :)

#6 Posted by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

@Jimn_tonic: I skipped driving ed. Probably at that crucial development time period. Reason why I caught on much later. I'm taking developmental psychology. I just guessed that.

#7 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

I did not get mine untill late, and I dont have it any more and I am glad. Some people are just not meant to drive.

#8 Edited by konvikt_17 (22102 posts) -

drivers ed was a requirement to graduate at my school.

#9 Posted by thegerg (14413 posts) -
#10 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -
#11 Posted by konvikt_17 (22102 posts) -

@konvikt_17: thats both crazy and useful.

yea. there were a couple seniors that came from different states, that had their drivers licenses, but they still had to take the class.

#12 Edited by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

Impossible? I got mine as soon as I turned 16 and there was a 100 year old woman that passed the test while I was there.

#13 Posted by slipknot0129 (5484 posts) -

@thegerg: Nah, I got a A in my english college class last semester. I always made sure all my grammar was right because that was the requirements. I avoided using the common mistakes like using first person and third person. I also am extremely good at the MLA format.

#14 Edited by thegerg (14413 posts) -

@thegerg: Nah, I got a A in my english college class last semester. I always made sure all my grammar was right because that was the requirements. I avoided using the common mistakes like using first person and third person. I also am extremely good at the MLA format.

Then explain this mess:"Probably at that crucial development time period. Reason why I caught on much later. I'm taking developmental psychology. I just guessed that."

#15 Posted by konvikt_17 (22102 posts) -

i fucking hated MLA format. especially when you had to cite your sources at the end.

#16 Edited by gamerguru100 (10401 posts) -

The impossible?

shit was easy

I was nervous as hell, but I did pass on my first try. I was actually borderline pass-fail, but the instructor said the stuff I failed was useless stupid shit like parallel parking and not putting my turn signal on to turn into a parking spot. Nobody uses a turn signal for parking spots unless they're waiting for someone to back out, so I thought that was stupid. But I got all the basic crap, so I passed. I'm 20 now and I got my license in February 2012, a few months after I turned 19.

#17 Edited by xdude85 (4314 posts) -

You're 24 and you just now got your license? That's pretty sad.

#18 Posted by thegerg (14413 posts) -

@xdude85 said:

You're 24 and you just now got your license? That's pretty sad.

Who would have thought that a grown man with a Slipknot themed screen name would be socially misfit.

#19 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6692 posts) -

I still need to get my licence. I've been putting it off for a good while now.

#20 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6692 posts) -

@thegerg: How does getting your license at that age correlate with being socially misfit?

#21 Edited by thegerg (14413 posts) -

@thegerg: How does getting your license at that age correlate with being socially misfit?

Most people get it much younger.

#22 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6692 posts) -

@thegerg: And? Getting your license isn't some form of social status and only something that the 'cool' people get.

#23 Posted by thegerg (14413 posts) -

@thegerg: And? Getting your license isn't some form of social status and only something that the 'cool' people get.

And?

No one is saying it is.

There are social norms. In the US one of those norms is that one gets their driver's license as a teenager. If one does not do that, they do not fit the norm. They are misfit.

#24 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6692 posts) -
#25 Edited by thegerg (14413 posts) -
#26 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6692 posts) -
#27 Edited by Revixe06 (1021 posts) -

The impossible?

shit was easy

This is exactly what I was thinking. Either way, congrats.

#28 Posted by Hatiko (4504 posts) -

I went the wrong way that the instructor told me to go and I still passed.

#29 Posted by johnd13 (7803 posts) -

Same here.

#30 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

Bravo.

#31 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -
#32 Edited by Detroit222 (5272 posts) -

I was about 20 when I got mine. Was too busy working after school to take the class. I finally took adult driver's ed and passed the first time I took the test.

#33 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I divided by zero once.

#34 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

if that's "the impossible" for you.. you're in for a lifetime of hurt..

#35 Edited by GoogleAndroid (139 posts) -

@konvikt_17 said:

i fucking hated MLA format. especially when you had to cite your sources at the end.

Me too. I had one teacher who would assign 10 page papers, require a large number of sources, and you had to follow MLA format. If there were any mistakes with your citations, even as simple as something being spaced wrong, he would deduct a percentage point from your grade, for each mistake. It was a PITA. I hate when teachers put so many restrictions on writing.

Now back on topic, congratulations OP.

#36 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9288 posts) -

i got my shit at 15

That shit is easier than passing gas in a crowded room

#37 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

Same here.

Same.

I don't have much of a reason to go out since I'm still jobless.

#38 Edited by Pittfan666 (8532 posts) -

So how have you been getting to work?

#39 Posted by ad1x2 (5407 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

@thegerg: Maybe in your eyes.

Yes, my eyes recognize what is normal.

Or they could just live in an area where cars aren't as needed. People who grow up in big cities with public transportation don't have the same incentive to get a license as somebody in a rural area.

#40 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

Hahaha "The Impossible." I love it.

#41 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7321 posts) -

Impossible? I could do it with my eyes closed.

#42 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -

Riiggghhhhtttt....

#43 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

This reminds me of that dude from REAL. He's afraid to drive at the beginning because he got into an accident and crippled the girl he was riding with.

#44 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149520 posts) -

How was that impossible? I passed mine first time at 16. Nothing to it....

#45 Posted by DonQuixote (65 posts) -

I am 24 too and I got mine earlier this year... To say this is the impossible is absurd... I assume you are joking. If you are joking... decent joke.

#46 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

Please tell me the state you live in; I'd like to make sure I never move there. To improve my chances, you know.

#47 Posted by ferrari2001 (16677 posts) -

lol I started driving at 14, then on my own at 15. Driving tests are extremely simple.

#48 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

There's no reason you can't pass your driving test in 2013, especially with electronic power steering.

Parallel park a boat with no power steering or braking than talk about the almost impossible.

#49 Edited by roulettethedog (10931 posts) -

@@@slipknot0129:

I passed D.L. test at 18. 24 is really late so congrates.