I came up with this quote just a few minutes ago.

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PannicAtack (20928 posts) -

I came up with this quote just a few minutes ago. I thought Off-Topic would appreciate.

Just to be clear, I’m not a professional ‘quote maker’. I’m just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

‘In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.’

Eh?

#2 Posted by Iszdope (9548 posts) -

Meh.

#3 Posted by deeliman (2344 posts) -

How narcissistic can one be? You think yourself enlightened, yet you're just a teen like me, who still has a lot to learn. Don't be so vain.

#4 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

#5 Edited by -Fromage- (10512 posts) -

How do you judge your intelligence? Did you pass a math quiz?

#6 Posted by Master_Live (13953 posts) -

Ditto.

#7 Edited by deeliman (2344 posts) -
#8 Edited by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Well if your aim was sounding like a obnoxious douche I'd say you've succeed.

#9 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

Well if your aim was sounding like a obnoxious douche I'd say you've succeed.

#10 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Should there be a comma after because? I'm thinking there shouldn't - but I'm pretty awful at stuff like this.

#11 Posted by ShuLordLiuPei (9506 posts) -

I wonder when the anti-anti-atheist backlash starts?

#12 Posted by dave123321 (33585 posts) -
#13 Edited by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

LOL i love me some neckbeard atheists

#14 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -

There is nothing special about that. At all. It, or something like it, has been said like a billion times. Keep trying.

#15 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20817 posts) -

@JML897 said:

Damn. What style! Ladies be droppin panties.

#16 Posted by playmynutz (5969 posts) -

sounds like a panic attack

#17 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

makes you sound like you're mad at a god that doesn't exist. silly

#18 Edited by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

@JML897 said:

Hahahahaha

That Sonic shirt though

#19 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10058 posts) -

lol, that's kinda.. cute.

#20 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149985 posts) -

Statement.....not a quote.

#21 Posted by Barbariser (6717 posts) -

@JML897 said:

I'm an atheist, and that is still one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen.

#22 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

If you say this on r/ atheism you will be hailed as a god.

#23 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

#24 Edited by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Neither of whom actually put much stock in the existence of God. You really shouldn't take random quotes and/or images you find on the internet at face value.

#25 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (716 posts) -

LOL, I bet a lot of atheists will switch it up while on their death beds. Stupid quote though.

#26 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

People who blindly believe in the big bang theory and evolution, thinking this is just it you born work then die, nothing more than this, worshiping people such as footballers/celebrities like Jesus's, money being their god, and just accept what they are told are no better than people who blindly follow religion. Question everything! Self educate yourself, look at the holographic universe theories, electric universe, the matrix, ancient aliens ect!

#27 Edited by JML897 (33120 posts) -
@Praisedasun said:

If you say this on r/ atheism you will be hailed as a god.

That's where this quote originally came from

#28 Edited by lamprey263 (22666 posts) -

I get the feeling TC is mocking those people who at award shows thank God for their success.

I do agree with that if that's the case, people should just thank people they collaborated with, and their friends and family for their support.

#29 Posted by Netret0120 (1996 posts) -

Oh my word how full of yourself can you get!!!

Also insulting people's faith is cheap heat and you are simply looking for a reaction

#30 Posted by Netret0120 (1996 posts) -

Oh my word how full of yourself can you get!!!

Also insulting people's faith is cheap heat and you are simply looking for a reaction

#31 Edited by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

Neither of whom actually put much stock in the existence of God. You really shouldn't take random quotes and/or images you find on the internet at face value.

Doesn't change the fact that both believed in God. In Hawking's book "A Brief History of Time" he talked about how uncovering the universal laws of physics would be akin to learning the language of God.

#32 Edited by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

I came up with this quote just a few minutes ago. I thought Off-Topic would appreciate.

Just to be clear, I’m not a professional ‘quote maker’. I’m just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

‘In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.’

Eh?

your a teen. your supposed to be euphoric because you just smoked your first J, or got your dick wet for the first time, not because you think you know what your talking about.

#33 Posted by thegerg (14600 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

Eh?

your a teen. your supposed to be euphoric because you just smoked your first J, or got your dick wet for the first time, not because you think you know what your talking about.

Don't take life advice from a guy that can't spell the word "you're."

#35 Edited by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

Doesn't change the fact that both believed in God. In Hawking's book "A Brief History of Time" he talked about how uncovering the universal laws of physics would be akin to learning the language of God.

Hawking is an agnostic who's stated many times that his references to "god" are simply metaphorical and Albert Enstein flat out denied any belief in an anthropomorphic god.

#36 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Jimn_tonic said:

@PannicAtack said:

Eh?

Don't take life advice from a guy that can't spell the word "you're."

How mature.
Instead of correcting your mistakes, and learning from them.

You insult the person trying to help, and post a picture of a baby dressed up as Hitler.

I can't imagine what your response in school must have been, when you got two things wrong.

#37 Posted by Aljosa23 (24542 posts) -
#38 Edited by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

@Nibroc420 said:

How mature.

You insult the person trying to help, and post a picture of a baby dressed up as Hitler.

I can't imagine what your response in school must have been, when you got two things wrong.

i know the difference between your and you're; one is possessive and one is a contraction. i also know to capitalize the letter at the beginning of a sentence, but i often post at work and i don't always have the time to make everything perfect.

this is also an internet forum, not school, and this particular thread has been derailed into a completely unnecessary grammar lesson thanks to you and thegerg.

#39 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

i know the difference between your and you're; one is possessive and one is a contraction. i also know to capitalize the letter at the beginning of a sentence, but i often post at work and i don't always have the time to make everything perfect.

this is also an internet forum, not school, and this particular thread has been derailed into a completely unnecessary grammar lesson thanks to you and thegerg.

1.) It doesn't matter where you're writing/typing. It doesn't take hours to capitalize a letter, or to use the correct word.

2.) Some people dont enjoy seeing others butcher a language.

#40 Edited by thegerg (14600 posts) -

@Jimn_tonic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

How mature.

Haha. So hitting the "shift" key or spelling "you're" correctly is too time consuming, but you have enough time to read this forum and post pictures of provocatively dressed children while you're at work? Give me a break. No one is perfect, and no one here expects perfection.

Also, comparing Nazism to someone pointing out a grammar mistake is a disgusting trivialization of the horrors of the Nazi holocaust. Grow up.

#41 Posted by BetaVulgaris (34 posts) -

Haha, how pretentious.

#42 Posted by alim298 (1108 posts) -

I am enlightened by my intelligence.

That's so pathetic. I would rather be enlightened by my strength and endurance.

#43 Posted by MirkoS77 (6998 posts) -

Must say, that pic had me in tears.

#44 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36744 posts) -

@alim298 said:

@PannicAtack said:

I am enlightened by my intelligence.

That's so pathetic. I would rather be enlightened by my strength and endurance.

lol

#45 Edited by chaoscougar1 (36744 posts) -
@Jimn_tonic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

How mature.

Really?

That is for damn sure

#46 Posted by kraken2109 (12964 posts) -

I'm afraid if you don't know how to correctly use a comma I am unable to take you seriously.

#47 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

Lol at all the people talking about grammar. A language is just a way for people to communicate and understand each other, if you got what he said, he did it right.

#48 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@Ugalde- said:

Lol at all the people talking about grammar. A language is just a way for people to communicate and understand each other, if you got what he said, he did it right.

No.

Just no.

#49 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -
#50 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29065 posts) -

Not sure if this is a bad joke thread or if TC is just a serious douchebag.