I bought a Microwave Pizza and it was empty. What to do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sbtim22 (11 posts) -

So, I recently purchased a "Weight Watchers Smart Ones Thin Crust Cheese Pizza" (I guess it's supposed to be healthy, I just like how the pizza tastes) and one day when I went to heat one up, I realized that there wasn't anything in the box. Nothing. It's just a sealed, empty box. How this made it out of the factory amazes me, even more so than how it managed to slip past everyone at the grocery store.

My question is, do you think I have a viable lawsuit on my hands? Americans take Pizza very seriously, as they should, and you can imagine the sheer devastation that comes from an empty pizza box when you are hungry. Am I entitled to some compensation here? If not money, then certainly free pizzas at least, right? Should I take this to the grocery store, or call the manufacturer directly?

#2 Posted by Randolph (10369 posts) -

You could just take it back and explain the situation. Much less complicated. I run a grocery store, I'd give you a refund and another pizza free of charge as well. Good grocery stores take care of their customers. While I'm stunned no one who handled it could tell it was empty, I'm equally stunned you couldn't tell either at any point before buying it. Those boxes are virtually weightless without anything in them.

#3 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (3965 posts) -

Sounds like Weight Watchers is on to something a full on 0 calorie pizza lol.

#4 Posted by RadecSupreme (4615 posts) -

Their diet means you eat nothing.

#5 Edited by thegerg (14417 posts) -

"My question is, do you think I have a viable lawsuit on my hands?"

No. Is that a serious question?

#6 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

Send an email to the manufacturer explaining how you are a regular buyer of their pizza's and you have always been thoroughly impressed with the quality of their good. Then go on to say you were recently disappointed when going to cook the pizza in question only to find the box was empty. Explain your disappointment and that you felt the need to provide feedback because you are a dedicated customer.

I think you will find doing this will get you a voucher in the post for some free pizza or some other form of compensation, all for the sake of short email.

I would also take it back to the store and get a refund for your money.

#7 Posted by Sword-Demon (6872 posts) -

Well you have no way to prove it was empty if you opened the box.

But how did you not notice it was empty before? If it was just an empty box, it should have been extremely light.

And are you seriously considering a lawsuit over a pizza that was probably less than $5?

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -

Good luck trying to prove in a lawsuit that it was actually empty

#9 Edited by sbtim22 (11 posts) -

I didn't open the box, you can tell it's empty without opening it. As to how it got passed me - I usually grab 4-5 pizzas at a time, I guess I didn't notice the 1 empty pizza box. I really didn't think that was a thing that happened.

... and the lawsuit part was just a joke ^^ I'm just hoping to maybe get some free pizza. I will e-mail the manufacturer and show the box to the manager at the grocery store. I'm not mad, I think it's pretty funny actually, but someone owes me some pizza.

#10 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (779 posts) -

Reminds me of a time I ordered 8 pizzas for a conference I was organizing. The pizza went from the delivery guy to me and didn't leave my hands until I set them down and opened them up. The dipshit delivery boy ended up eating a piece out of one of the boxes >_>

#11 Edited by sbtim22 (11 posts) -

Reminds me of a time I ordered 8 pizzas for a conference I was organizing. The pizza went from the delivery guy to me and didn't leave my hands until I set them down and opened them up. The dipshit delivery boy ended up eating a piece out of one of the boxes >_>

Well, sometimes the munchies can be a very powerful force. But that's hilarious :D

#12 Edited by lamprey263 (22460 posts) -

no, you go to the grocery store and explain your situation and they'll give you another one

also, an empty pizza box is going to be a lot lighter than a box with a frozen pizza in it, you should have noticed when you bought the pizza

#13 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13730 posts) -

That's part of the diet. Inside should be a card that says to eat some real food.

#14 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

Those pizzas taste like crap, just take it as a sign.

#15 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16497 posts) -

lol kid, you have no lawsuit. At best, you will get a replacement pizza. Kids these days and thinking they are entitled to everything. Be happy if you get a replacement pizza, because they could just call you a liar and there wouldn't be shit you could do.

#16 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (779 posts) -

lol kid, you have no lawsuit. At best, you will get a replacement pizza. Kids these days and thinking they are entitled to everything.

and adults have a stunted concept of humour.

#17 Posted by awesome3496 (2127 posts) -

Well it could've been worse.

#18 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

this has got to be a troll post.

#19 Posted by darkmark91 (2843 posts) -

Just eat the box. "Healthy" pizza essentially tastes like cardboard.

#20 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

"What to do?"

I got something, go eat some real food.

#21 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@sbtim22 said:

How this made it out of the factory amazes me, even more so than how it managed to slip past everyone at the grocery store.

Both of those amaze me almost as much as how you didn't notice a suspiciously light pizza box before you even went to the checkout line at the grocery store.

#22 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

Healthy pizza? The only healthy pizza is no pizza. You got your moneys worth.

#23 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

you lucked out.

eat the box so you will get better nutrition.

#24 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6246 posts) -

Such an amazing thread. lolz

#25 Edited by sukraj (21660 posts) -

call the police

#26 Edited by chaplainDMK (6650 posts) -

@sbtim22 said:

So, I recently purchased a "Weight Watchers Smart Ones Thin Crust Cheese Pizza" (I guess it's supposed to be healthy, I just like how the pizza tastes) and one day when I went to heat one up, I realized that there wasn't anything in the box. Nothing. It's just a sealed, empty box. How this made it out of the factory amazes me, even more so than how it managed to slip past everyone at the grocery store.

My question is, do you think I have a viable lawsuit on my hands? Americans take Pizza very seriously, as they should, and you can imagine the sheer devastation that comes from an empty pizza box when you are hungry. Am I entitled to some compensation here? If not money, then certainly free pizzas at least, right? Should I take this to the grocery store, or call the manufacturer directly?

Demand the CEO of the firm commits seppuku in front of your family as apology for the great dishonor he has befelled upon you.

#27 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3020 posts) -

I'm mostly surprised that you bought and did'nt notice.

#28 Edited by spaceninja818 (415 posts) -

Lawsuit for empty pizza box? I think that will cost you a lot more than what the pizza you bought is worth. Just buy another one and make sure the box is not empty. I mean seriously, how did you not notice the box was empty?

#29 Posted by indzman (16509 posts) -

LOL !

#30 Edited by sukraj (21660 posts) -

@indzman said:

@Jolt_counter119 said:

LOL !

zero calorie is my kind of thing.

#31 Posted by bowchicka07 (1069 posts) -

You've brought this upon yourself. Weight Watchers' pizza..disgraceful.

#32 Posted by redstorm72 (4507 posts) -

Option #2: Get the fuck over it.

#33 Posted by coasterguy65 (5751 posts) -

Smells like BS....how could you not tell the box was empty? Anyway try going back to the store you bought it from they will probably replace the $2 pizza just to get you to leave.