Hundreds expected for Mohammed cartoon contest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@silkylove said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silkylove said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@dxmcat said:

Wheres the Jesus cartoon contest

Oh for fucks sake....welcome to the world where people have portrayed Jesus irreverently. The difference is no one reacts with violence. You know....turn the other cheek and all.

Not exactly accurate. Look up Andres Serrano's "Piss Christ" and the hilarity that ensued in the U.S. and France. Death threats, destruction of property, politicians inciting violence. The works.

For you to say it's not accurate you would have to show me that it occurs with regularity. An isolated incident isn't record of anything.

You said no one reacts with violence when it's Jesus being mocked. I gave you an example that refutes that claim. Maybe next time you should avoid thinking in absolutes. There are plenty of other modern incidents of Christian terrorism that are just a click away. No religion has the market cornered on nutters.

I was talking about a consensus movement. I never speak in absolutes. So yeah...there are crazy people out there. But that is not a call to arms for the general population.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#152 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silkylove said:

Not exactly accurate. Look up Andres Serrano's "Piss Christ" and the hilarity that ensued in the U.S. and France. Death threats, destruction of property, politicians inciting violence. The works.

For you to say it's not accurate you would have to show me that it occurs with regularity. An isolated incident isn't record of anything.

The IRA in it's various forms committed acts of violence in the name of Christianity for almost 100 years.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silkylove said:

The IRA in it's various forms committed acts of violence in the name of Christianity for almost 100 years.

The IRA is a geo political entity.. They wanted the British out of Northern Ireland. They are not fighting so everyone has their same faith.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:

The IRA is a geo political entity.. They wanted the British out of Northern Ireland. They are not fighting so everyone has their same faith.

They were Christians fighting against other Christians. There was a definite religious facet to their existence. Don't try and downplay it.

I've read instances of people going into Ireland during their heyday and being asked what religion they were at the border, and not their ethnic heritage or even reason for being there. All they wanted to know is if they were Protestant or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

Seriously **** the apologists to extremists on these threads.. Its called freedom of speech people, the same freedom of speech that protects the Phelps family's right to picket dead soldiers funerals.. The same freedom of speech rights in which the KKK can have marches and continue to have assemblies.. If your unwilling to defend the right in the worse circumstances, people who you disagree with, than you never valued it to begin with.. Furthermore its fucking hypocritical, every major religion has been openly mocked, and satirized in American culture.. Islam should not get some kind of free pass because of the fact of the threat of violence, if anything it should be mocked even MORE because of that specific reason.. As for the Islamic followers out there, if your that outraged by that, I consider you weak and not very faithful of the foundations of your belief system is shaken by the triviality of a fucking drawing.. If it truly is a sin to draw the Prophet, than let Allah/God decide, not you.

And finally wgaf what these extremists think, they already want to kill non Muslims to begin with for a multitude of reasons, especially for the people living in the west.. These events are not going to some how want the extremists make us more dead. If anything the last shoot at the event was the BEST possible scenario to happen! You guys seriously think these two fuckers would not have gone off sooner or later and committed a act of domestic terrorism in a place that was far less defended leading to more loss lives than just the shooters?

I haven't been following this thread much but has anyone here actually been against the legality of this protest? To be honest I think these anti-Islam protesters are dumb just like the KKK and the Westboro Baptist church. But if they should be allowed to protest, I don't think was ever the point of contention. The discussion always revolves around whether or not they should, not if they could.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They were Christians fighting against other Christians. There was a definite religious facet to their existence. Don't try and downplay it.

I've read instances of people going into Ireland during their heyday and being asked what religion they were at the border, and not their ethnic heritage or even reason for being there. All they wanted to know is if they were Protestant or not.

Honestly Fox it sounds like you are unfamiliar with the political history of Ireland. Yes...they are different religions. But the problems arose because of nationality and land.. Your ethnic heritage in Ireland generally coincided with your religion. But they were not fighting because someone was a different religion. They were fighting because land was taken from the indigenous people and given to transplants from the UK. They were no longer able to home rule. Eventually Ireland was mostly given back to the Irish but Northern Ireland remains under UK rule. That is the source of the fight. The IRA wanted the entire island back. Those in NI wish to remain British.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 foxhound_fox

@LJS9502_basic said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Honestly Fox it sounds like you are unfamiliar with the political history of Ireland. Yes...they are different religions. But the problems arose because of nationality and land.. Your ethnic heritage in Ireland generally coincided with your religion. But they were not fighting because someone was a different religion. They were fighting because land was taken from the indigenous people and given to transplants from the UK. They were no longer able to home rule. Eventually Ireland was mostly given back to the Irish but Northern Ireland remains under UK rule. That is the source of the fight. The IRA wanted the entire island back. Those in NI wish to remain British.

They killed people in the name of their religion. There were multiple aspects to the political turmoil in the country. Religion was merely one of the driving factors.

Again, stop trying to downplay it.

Should I bring up the Bosnian war next? Christians killing other Christians killing Muslims?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Aljosa23: the fact of the matter is since the first one we had people implying that these people are the aggressors not the Muslims showing up with guns.. We saw this same shit with the tragic France shooting involving the newspaper printing cartoons of Mohammad. This kind of backwards thinking in victim blaming is what I am being critical of... It's apoligism where we all too often hear "I'm all for freedom speech, but".. In which the people demonstrating is suddenly seen as the root cause to violence by religious zealots. That some how these crazy assholes are merely a consequence and not the actual problem. More or less like blaming a rape victim for being raped because of their clothing or other such bullshit.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@Aljosa23: the fact of the matter is since the first one we had people implying that these people are the aggressors not the Muslims showing up with guns.. We saw this same shit with the tragic France shooting involving the newspaper printing cartoons of Mohammad. This kind of backwards thinking in victim blaming is what I am being critical of... It's apoligism where we all too often hear "I'm all for freedom speech, but".. In which the people demonstrating is suddenly seen as the root cause to violence by religious zealots. That some how these crazy assholes are merely a consequence and not the actual problem. More or less like blaming a rape victim for being raped because of their clothing or other such bullshit.

So I'm seeing an issue here, and that is that the protesters showed up at the doorstep of Muslims who were not the aggressors when it came to the violence over Mohammed cartoons. You can't blame all Muslims for the actions of a few Muslims which seems to be exactly what this group of protesters were doing.

For instance if Christians in say Nebraska got all pissed off at cartoons of Jesus in their town and decided to incite riots there, and the response was for a group of people to go protest at a Christian Church in the state of Alabama. Wouldn't that be potentially inciting violence in an area that had nothing to do with the situation? The protesters may be responding to an act of violence (meaning they didn't start this), but they are not only blaming the wrong people as well as creating the situation that could potentially start new violence in an otherwise peaceful area.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@raugutcon said:

"I still value the freedoms that allow those things to occur. You don't have a right to never be offended. You don't have a right to suppress someone else's opinion just because you don't like it. You do have the right to express your own."

Outstanding !!!!

I second that response.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@foxhound_fox said:

They killed people in the name of their religion. There were multiple aspects to the political turmoil in the country. Religion was merely one of the driving factors.

Again, stop trying to downplay it.

Should I bring up the Bosnian war next? Christians killing other Christians killing Muslims?

What a very incorrect and simplistic way to look at it. They are NOT fighting over religious beliefs. It's about autonomy, ethnicity, politics, and land. And really you might want to avail yourself of the issue rather than spout nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#162 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I think defending freedom of speech is great, intentionally insulting something sacred to others just to practice it is stupid and hurtful and does not solve anything. If you truly want to defend the Constitution of the United States sign on the dotted line in the military.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I support them with the freedom of speech. Not exactly a nice thing to do, but it's their right in this country. Nobody should live in fear to express their point of view or draw a cartoon. You have a right to ignore what these people are doing.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@foxhound_fox: Neckbeardery

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#165 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58904 Posts

@n64dd said:

I support them with the freedom of speech. Not exactly a nice thing to do, but it's their right in this country. Nobody should live in fear to express their point of view or draw a cartoon. You have a right to ignore what these people are doing.

Since this will attract the attention of terrorists, it's like ignoring a shark in your swimming pool.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

So I'm seeing an issue here, and that is that the protesters showed up at the doorstep of Muslims who were not the aggressors when it came to the violence over Mohammed cartoons. You can't blame all Muslims for the actions of a few Muslims which seems to be exactly what this group of protesters were doing.

That is actually the mosque where those two cunts that started a shooting in Garland, Texas came from. These protesters are going to the source now. I hope nothing happens, but if any more violent criminals get weeded out and arrested or even shot, all will be well.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@sSubZerOo said:

Exactly what I have been saying. @uninspiredcup, dawg, check it out.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 foxhound_fox

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

People use this all the time but what does it even mean? Most full beards cover the neck.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

People use this all the time but what does it even mean? Most full beards cover the neck.

If you have to ask I don't think you'll get it.

If I had to describe it, I'd call it SJW meets hipster meets uneducated know it all.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#170 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

If this rally wakes people up and makes everyone realise whats really going on, then i'm fine with it.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

The worshipers of freedom of speech again.

I'd like to see what this god called "freedom of speech" will do for you in the near feature when you run out of your wealth and influence.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@alim298 said:

I'd like to see what this god called "freedom of speech" will do for you in the near feature when you run out of your wealth and influence.

Why do you defend intimidation?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 alim298

@LJS9502_basic said:
@alim298 said:

Why do you defend intimidation?07

I don't.

My point is there are more important things in the world than "freedom of speech."

When the wealth and influence are gone, this freedom of speech won't be bringing them back. That shows how little freedom of speech matters in this realistic world we live in contrary to the fantastic world that some people live in where people should be willing to "die" for something that's not all that beneficial to them except for making them feel a little better about themselves by making them believe they are the harbingers of "freedom."

It’s pretty much like worshiping a false god.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

@alim298 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@alim298 said:

why be redundant?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@Serraph105: no of course it fucking wouldn't be considered inciting violence... To believe people actually think this shit is baffling. You do not have the right to shut people up that offend you through coercion or violence. I don't give a **** what religion or political thought it involves. People need to grow up, no one gives a **** what you think and you do not have the right to silence that person because they said mean words to you.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 alim298

@comp_atkins said:

why be redundant?

What does redundant mean here?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#177 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@alim298 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@alim298 said:

I don't.

My point is there are more important things in the world than "freedom of speech."

When the wealth and influence are gone, this freedom of speech won't be bringing them back. That shows how little freedom of speech matters in this realistic world we live in contrary to the fantastic world that some people live in where people should be willing to "die" for something that's not all that beneficial to them except for making them feel a little better about themselves by making them believe they are the harbingers of "freedom."

You are saying that respecting the Constitution of the United States is basically the same as worshiping it. If that is the case, I would expect that you criticize everyone who respects anything besides the god you believe in.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 alim298

@BranKetra: Respecting the constitution of the United States IN the United States is fine. But when you try to force it on other nations (Muslim nations) then it becomes sort of a crusade for a god called "freedom of speech" or in that case the constitution.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#179  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

If you have to ask I don't think you'll get it.

If I had to describe it, I'd call it SJW meets hipster meets uneducated know it all.

Haha wut? Neckbeards hate SJWs for the most part. To waaaaay different cultures.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-59d151f079814

@alim298 said:

@BranKetra: Respecting the constitution of the United States IN the United States is fine. But when you try to force it on other nations (Muslim nations) then it becomes sort of a crusade for a god called "freedom of speech" or in that case the constitution.

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.. We are talking about freedom of speech in the west with drawings of Mohammad in places like the US and France.... The only people I see enforcing anything are extremist scum killing people because they drew something they didn't like... I then see apologist excusing this behavior and basically resorting to victim blaming.. I also have seen a disturbingly large amount of Muslims condone the behavior to out right supporting it for breaking a law of theirs...

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#181  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@alim298 said:

Without meaning harshness, this thread is about an event in the United States, so I do not see how that is relevant, here.

Anyway, America has international partners that respect the U.S. Constitution by sending criminals to them that they call for like Sweden.

Do you think that Muslim nations should not have any with the United States (not quite understanding what you mean)?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#182  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@alim298 said:

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.. We are talking about freedom of speech in the west with drawings of Mohammad in places like the US and France.... The only people I see enforcing anything are extremist scum killing people because they drew something they didn't like... I then see apologist excusing this behavior and basically resorting to victim blaming.. I also have seen a disturbingly large amount of Muslims condone the behavior to out right supporting it for breaking a law of theirs...

Nobody is condoning any killing over cartoons. People are simply pointing out that the only point in this "protest" is antagonistic in nature. They aren't changing any minds, nor are they trying, much in the vein of the Wesboro baptist morons.

Nobody is trying to limit your freedom to speak, we're simply pointing out that your words and actions often have consequences. You're tilting at windmills here, Sub.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By bforrester420

@sSubZerOo said:

@Serraph105: no of course it fucking wouldn't be considered inciting violence... To believe people actually think this shit is baffling. You do not have the right to shut people up that offend you through coercion or violence. I don't give a **** what religion or political thought it involves. People need to grow up, no one gives a **** what you think and you do not have the right to silence that person because they said mean words to you.

We all know that, but when has that stopped people crazy enough to enact violence to shut people up? People don't have the right to gun down innocent strangers in a drive-by shooting, but that happens, doesn't it?

All most of us are saying is: To what end does this protest serve? To many of us, it appears to serve no end other than to antagonize.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

@alim298 said:
@comp_atkins said:

why be redundant?

What does redundant mean here?

it's a joke on your writing of "false god"

it's implied that god is false, so saying "false" explicitly makes the phrase redundant :P

nevermind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@bforrester420 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

We all know that, but when has that stopped people crazy enough to enact violence to shut people up? People don't have the right to gun down innocent strangers in a drive-by shooting, but that happens, doesn't it?

All most of us are saying is: To what end does this protest serve? To many of us, it appears to serve no end other than to antagonize.

That maybe the case but in no way should the first response should be that they should stop doing it, or the had it coming.. This is falling yet again into the victim blaming.. "she shouldn't have dressed so slutty and shouldn't have been out so late, then she wouldn't have gotten raped'.. Your either for free speech or not, and if you have a problem with it because it may cause more violence... Guess what? The problem is the people who want to kill a person for it, not the ones who are peacefully protesting... As agnostic atheist I hear alt of vile crap said to me and my group.. The Duck Dynasty guy has said some awful things about he group I am apart of. If a atheist gunned down the Duck Dynasty guy do you think everyone would say "well he did antagonize him saying all that vile stuff." **** no. This is no different and when you get down to it you are going to offend some one some where out there when you say something.

think what your saying.. The very idea that you shouldn't do this because it will antagonize violence insist that the extremists control what we do... Have you seen the groups out there opposing gay rights in dehumanizing gays and saying ho vile they are? How in the hell is this any different? Self righteousness? You think a gay person going on a shooting spree with a protest like that would create the same response?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@alim298 said:

If you'd like the Muslim world to remain the backwater shit hole that it is, by all means continue this crusade of your own lamenting free speech (Ignoring the irony of you posting freely on a western site acting as an apologist to violence).

nintenboy9128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 nintenboy9128
Member since 2005 • 2704 Posts

I encourage drawing, painting and sculpting the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-59d151f079814

@bforrester420 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@alim298 said:

Nobody is condoning any killing over cartoons. People are simply pointing out that the only point in this "protest" is antagonistic in nature. They aren't changing any minds, nor are they trying, much in the vein of the Wesboro baptist morons.

Nobody is trying to limit your freedom to speak, we're simply pointing out that your words and actions often have consequences. You're tilting at windmills here, Sub.

And its their right to voice them.. When fuckers come to an event with guns to kill people.. The first response should not be about how the people who exercised their first amendment rights shouldn't have held the event. But about the fuckers who were going to shoot up the place. GET this through your skull the motives of why they did the event is irrelevant, I personally don't care one way or the other. And these events need to continue for the sole reason to spit in the fae of extremists of any kind that they do not have the right to control others.. If we are to stop events based upon the threat of violence, we have effectively lost the battle with extremists and are cowards.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@alim298: It's the same Constitution that protects your rights to belong to any religion and practice it, freedom of religion and from it.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#190  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@silkylove said:

Why do people insist on bringing this crap up? Who is killing thousands of people right now in 2015? Who has been mass killing for the past 20 years? Christian or Muslim terrorists? Let's see if you can answer with an ounce of intellectual honesty. I dare you.

I do not excuse people crapping on Islam because a small percentage of their religion is wacko, but I also will call this bs out.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@bforrester420 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@alim298 said:

And its their right to voice them.. When fuckers come to an event with guns to kill people.. The first response should not be about how the people who exercised their first amendment rights shouldn't have held the event. But about the fuckers who were going to shoot up the place. GET this through your skull the motives of why they did the event is irrelevant, I personally don't care one way or the other. And these events need to continue for the sole reason to spit in the fae of extremists of any kind that they do not have the right to control others.. If we are to stop events based upon the threat of violence, we have effectively lost the battle with extremists and are cowards.

Pretty much this.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 alim298

@comp_atkins: I get it now. Good one.

@sSubZerOo said:

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about..

Of course you don't.

@BranKetra said:

Without meaning harshness, this thread is about an event in the United States, so I do not see how that is relevant, here.

Anyway, America has international partners that respect the U.S. Constitution by sending criminals to them that they call for like Sweden.

Do you think that Muslim nations should not have any with the United States (not quite understanding what you mean)?

If it's about the United States alone, then why do you point fingers to Muslims every time such incidents happen? You call them "Muslim extremists" you don't call them "American Muslim extremists." These Muslims who carry out these attacks are not important to us. We've got the real Muslim extremists, the ISIS and the Nusra front here. We couldn't care less about this freedom of speech or those who undermine it or those who support it. To us these people can't be called Muslim extremists compared to the ISIS. And yet undermining this freedom of speech god is a greater act of "extremism" than what the ISIS does, to Americans. Well it’s not, to us. You worship your god we worship ours. And freedom of speech isn’t our god. Our God tells us to protect the lives of innocents at all cost. He does not permit us to kill innocents or hold events that endanger innocent lives just to prove a point or for a greater cause. Killing one innocent man means killing an entire nation to us. We value human lives and freedom of speech to us isn’t greater than human lives. Again that’s our God. So don’t force yours on us. We Muslims will never believe in your freedom of speech so quit calling all Muslims extremists because they don’t believe in this vile god of yours and deal with your internal terrorism problems internally.

@HoolaHoopMan said:

If you'd like the Muslim world to remain the backwater shit hole that it is, by all means continue this crusade of your own lamenting free speech (Ignoring the irony of you posting freely on a western site acting as an apologist to violence).

What a moronic comment. Come to any Islamic forum and I can assure you, you'll be freer than anywhere on the internet to comment on Islam and the Prophet. But only if you bring forth proof as we don’t stand for mere slander and vile manners.

Of course proof is needed as without it your comments will be shunned by the community. We Muslims don't lie and libel, we bring forth proof instead of idiotically slandering people. If slandering is what makes your "civilization" great and seeking proof instead of blindly slandering makes ours "backward" then we are the most backward nations ever I agree.

And to be honest, no offend to the GS staff and members but GS isn't the "freest" forum out there to begin with.

@raugutcon said:

@alim298: It's the same Constitution that protects your rights to belong to any religion and practice it, freedom of religion and from it.

Buddah is the same god that protects you in every moment of your life and provides for you and helps you on your spiritual and worldly journey. Why don't you believe in him then? You should believe in Buddah or else you're just a backward raghead.

@sSubZerOo said:

the motives of why they did the event is irrelevant

This is the difference between us Muslims and them the worshippers of freedom of speech.

That and the fact that we wear rags.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By bforrester420

@sSubZerOo said:
@bforrester420 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@alim298 said:

These events don't only spit in the face of the extremists, it spits in the face of every Muslim that holds beliefs against the visual depiction of Allah or Muhammad. I'll defend your right to say whatever you want, but I'll also call you an asshole for what you say. These people in Arizona are assholes.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@alim298: I don't believe in any God for that matter pal, waiting patiently for eternal damnation. So far none of those vindictive gods ( Allah, God, Jehova, etc ) you and others believe ( pick your choice ) has struck me with lightning right at the very instant I say they are creations of the human imagination. See, I'm still here .......... Waited a few minutes and nope, nothing has happened. By the way, let me tell you, if for a single moment anybody promotes trying to ban you from worshiping the words of your peadophile child molester and little girl rapist prophet I will defend your right to do so, have a nice day.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#195 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Obligatory: Religion of peace.

I do hope moderate American Muslims come out of the woodwork and defend these people's right to express their freedom of speech. Regardless of how it might "offend" them. That would be a sight to see.

Yeah they should all wear that "**** Islam" shirt too right?

fool.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@GazaAli: See here is the thing, this shit wouldn't be going the scale it is if it were not for the reaction of many Muslims have had with numerous things like this. It needs to be done to illustrate our civil liberties will not be swayed for the sake of extremists... And the more you react to it, the more it needs to happen... If this were to stop, it would only prove to the extremists that they do control our lives.

But what am I thinking, your basically insinuating that between guys who want to shoot up the place and the people drawing Mohammad, that the aggressors are the drawers.

If a society reacts to extremists in kind, making a space for them in public life, it debunks any claims of mastery over them by letting them dictate part of public life. A scenario in which extremists introduce a change to public life is a victory of theirs that is relative to the size of the change. Ten years ago no one gave this drawing fetish any thought; today? it's becoming all the rage and it's starting to rupture a society that once prized itself for being a beacon of multiculturalism, accommodating a growing Muslim community in times when such a demographic in other parts of the world was being increasingly antagonized. If this is your idea of victory and liberty, you have no faculty for the organization of a prosperous and sturdy society.

Let's approach this from a legal perspective. A society that ordains uncapped freedom of speech punishes an attempt at its suppression as it punishes larceny, arson, fraud, murder and the rest of criminality. When someone pulls a heist, society doesn't clamor for the protection of the right of private property, it merely demands justice to be served in a court of law. The only way this affair can be different is if it transcends jurisprudence and becomes a demographic issue, which isn't the case since as I continue to reiterate, if the U.S and Europe had a problem with their Muslim demographics entire they would be dealing with a truly dire situation. Yet you and others insist that Muslims should and shouldn't.

Lastly, I'm not insinuating, I'm avowing that provocateurs who stir up a hornet's nest without legitimacy partake in aggression more than the stirred up hornets; aggression by definition entails initiative.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#197 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@twazuk said:

Also Jesus said turn the other cheek so these folk are just bad Christians.

Assuming of course that they are all Christians, I'm sure some of them aren't Christians, there may be some Jews and some religiously unaffiliated people at that cartoon contest.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#198 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Is it just me or does it seem like this is kind of a cyclical thing that just perpetuates itself and gets worse: People deliberately do things that they know will offend Muslims because they know doing so would be illegal in most Muslim countries and hence they use this a statement of supporting free speech by utilizing their legal right to do something in the U.S., France, or other Western countries that they would get arrested for in other countries, Muslims get offended and feel that their religion is being attacked/slandered, and some of them react violently. The violent reaction galvanizes people who do these cartoons, because now if they stopped it would be seen as backing down in the face of violence and essentially mean that the terrorists had won and send the message that violence and threats will silence people, so after an attack these cartoonists feel like they have to continue, and maybe even be more brazen and offensive. And the Muslims get even more offended and they feel under attack. And so on and so on and so on.

It's kind of like a situation where too friends have a disagreement, one bashes the other on twitter, the other guy retaliates on Facebook. They take turns insulting each other. And as the feud progresses they have to constantly one up the other guy and throw in a better dig then the one the guy just threw at him, and they both wind up saying hurtful things that they would have never thought they would say at the beginning of the feud. But the thing takes on a momentum of its own and the conflict escalates and carries them on to new levels of vitriol and depravity before they realize what's happening, and when they do realize it, they don't like it, but neither wants to be the first to offer the olive branch (which of course leaves one vulnerable to having the peace offer rejected) which would be seen as backing down.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

hey, y'know what would be funny?

if there was some poorly written bronze age nonsense authored by a bunch of sheep shagging primitives about an unstable, mean spirited, vain, genocidal, vengeful, childish creator and people were killing each other over it 3500 years later.

lulz, can you even imagine such a silly thing?

people would be all "my magic sky daddy is the one true magic sky daddy and i will hurt you to prove it!"

how funny would that be?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

If you guys were wondering how it turned out, here:

Loading Video...